As lovely as Rhysha and Rhyiona are...

Borderlands is one of the few mainstream series that actually features LGBT couples that aren't, you know, the butt of every joke. Handsome Jack totally kills off a man and his husband and laughs at them (not because they're gay, but because he's a complete sadist) so you know. Axton's bi, Hammerlock's gay, Janey's a lesbian, etc, etc.

Rhys and Vaughn are endgame.

Comments

• edited March 2015

While I did main this ship before episode 2, Atlas Mugged has provided more than enough proof to prove that Rhyiona is the master ship. There isn't a stronger ship to exist.

• Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha. At the same time, I'm starting to read his moment in episode one as like... building up trust with her. Same thing kinda happens in this second episode between him and Vaughn. Still, if everyone stays bros, I'll still be happy.

So long as no one dies, you feel me.

Green613 posted: »

While I did main this ship before episode 2, Atlas Mugged has provided more than enough proof to prove that Rhyiona is the master ship. There isn't a stronger ship to exist.

• TBH i felt a lot of the LBGT felt forced

• Would you mind elaborating? I take it you mean "they just threw it in there" which is partially why I think Telltale could do it justice.

zeke10 posted: »

TBH i felt a lot of the LBGT felt forced

• Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha.

Aaaaand you lost me.

Asariel posted: »

Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha. At the same time, I'm starting to read his moment in episode one as like..

• edited March 2015

I don't care if it's Rhyiona or Rhyasha. I just want a love interest for a main character in a TTG lol. I'm a sucker for romance in video games. :3

• edited March 2015

I honestly ship Rhys and Fiona, but even I admit their is more chemistry with Rhys and Sasha :/.

Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha. Aaaaand you lost me.

• Pretty much hell a friend told me about how burch added them to fill a quota and didn't try to make them intresting

Would you mind elaborating? I take it you mean "they just threw it in there" which is partially why I think Telltale could do it justice.

• Alt text
    Your Ship Has Sailed

Rhysha

• I know Axton's situation was an oversight that they left in, but yeah the series proper doesn't really offer much. Like, TPS had Jack flirting with Nisha and that's about as deep as any "romance" gets in the series thus far unless you want to count the drama between Moxxi and Mordecai. It hasn't really fit with the game setting yet, but TFTB is more conducive to a romantic subplot anyway.

Pretty much hell a friend told me about how burch added them to fill a quota and didn't try to make them intresting

• The boot though James, don't forget about the boot. Never let the Rhysha shippers brainwash you into thinking Rhys and Sasha actually have chemistry (makes me yuck just thinking about it)

I honestly ship Rhys and Fiona, but even I admit their is more chemistry with Rhys and Sasha .

• Just curious do you find Sasha ugly or is it you just don't like that ship or something? :P

The boot though James, don't forget about the boot. Never let the Rhysha shippers brainwash you into thinking Rhys and Sasha actually have chemistry (makes me yuck just thinking about it)

• i ship Rhys and Fiona

I honestly ship Rhys and Fiona, but even I admit their is more chemistry with Rhys and Sasha .

• Eh, I'd honestly prefer none of the main four get together. I'd like something more original.

• Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha

Alt text

Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha. At the same time, I'm starting to read his moment in episode one as like..

• Nah I like Sasha when she's around Fiona, it's just I can't stand when she's near Rhys, or when people ship her with Rhys.

Just curious do you find Sasha ugly or is it you just don't like that ship or something? :P

• Personally, I find that Rhys has a lot more chemistry with Sasha.

I agree with that statement. Frankly, I don't like ships and wouldd prefer if there wasn't any sort of romance in the game, but if it were to happen, I'd be more comfortable with Rhys and Sasha, it feels more natural and it does seem they have good chemistry together.

• I abstain from all forms of shipping.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'm with you on that

I abstain from all forms of shipping.

• I do admit I like the idea of Jack/Rhys over Vaughn/Rhys... Depends on how old Rhys is supposed to be.

• I agree

Alt text

I abstain from all forms of shipping.

• edited March 2015

Probably close to Vaughn and Fiona, so ~30 years old.

fayescarlet posted: »

I do admit I like the idea of Jack/Rhys over Vaughn/Rhys... Depends on how old Rhys is supposed to be.

• They're 27 and 29 respectively, so that does sound about right...

DeityD posted: »

Probably close to Vaughn and Fiona, so ~30 years old.

• Jacks not gay though

I do admit I like the idea of Jack/Rhys over Vaughn/Rhys... Depends on how old Rhys is supposed to be.

• Um, not bisexual you mean.

Jacks not gay though

• Like that has ever stopped shippers. 8U If you play as Jack's body-double in The Pre-Sequel, he makes comments about how distracted he is by how attractive the double is. Some people say Rhys looks vaguely like Jack, but eh. I'd only ship Jack/Rhys as a joke ship.

Jacks not gay though

• Either way he's straight

Um, not bisexual you mean.

• TBF the guy does love himself

Like that has ever stopped shippers. 8U If you play as Jack's body-double in The Pre-Sequel, he makes comments about how distracted he is by

• edited March 2015

He's Handsome Jack tho remember? Does what he wants. And he kinda gave some creepy comments about Timothy in TPS. So it's not entirely impossible even if we're talking about canon. Though we're talking about shipping here so yep.

Either way he's straight

• Eh they don't need to make another character gay or bi for the hell of it burch did it enough

He's Handsome Jack tho remember? Does what he wants. And he kinda gave some creepy comments about Timothy in TPS. So it's not entirely impossible even if we're talking about canon. Though we're talking about shipping here so yep.

• Yeah they don't need to - fandom will make it for them. xD

But seriously, I could see Jack harrasing anyone really. Just because he can do it.

Eh they don't need to make another character gay or bi for the hell of it burch did it enough

• Rhys/Timothy. His Jack obsession makes it all too possible. (Plus Timmy would be college-aged and not too far off from Vaughn and Rhys.)

• Rule 34Shudders

Yeah they don't need to - fandom will make it for them. xD But seriously, I could see Jack harrasing anyone really. Just because he can do it.

• Clearly the only answer to this shipping war is for all of them to get together. Including Holo-Jack.

• Lol, this just reminds me of a scene where Jack makes Rhys stare at Vaughn's junk. You get it by not telling him about Jack, and you try to ignore him and Jack annoys Rhys. xD

• Really? Well, play TWD S1 then! One of the greatest love stories ever featured in a Telltale game! CarLee FTW!!!!

Ohhhhhh.....I'm a dick. I feel sad now.

I don't care if it's Rhyiona or Rhyasha. I just want a love interest for a main character in a TTG lol. I'm a sucker for romance in video games.

• Jhys it is. I mean, how often do you see people get together with the AI living in their heads? Never, that's how often! Unless you count that thing in Halo......poor Cortana.

Bralef posted: »

Eh, I'd honestly prefer none of the main four get together. I'd like something more original.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.