Monument to the Walking Dead: An Interactive Story (Ongoing)

Comments

• I think I might have broken you.

THAT'S IT JUST OH YOU LMAO

• edited April 2015

Alt text

This can not be... if I was wrong, who has been right all the time? If Zafir isn't the irredeemable monster he is, who is it? Have my fears been unfounded? Is Josie alive after all? Is Jerry a penguin? Am I loosing it, or am I onto something here? God, I feel like a conspiracy nutjob right now...

• Hope pls don't go breaking me or my heart

NoHopeLeft posted: »

I think I might have broken you.

• As a penguin, I can confirm that Jerry shows signs of being a penguin and he must be stopped.

This can not be... if I was wrong, who has been right all the time? If Zafir isn't the irredeemable monster he is, who is it? Have my fears

• edited April 2015

I KNEW IT!

I also just had to imagine Anthony beating up a penguin at the end of chapter 1 and that somehow managed to cheer me up... poor Jerry the Penguin, getting his nose broken and stuff.

As a penguin, I can confirm that Jerry shows signs of being a penguin and he must be stopped.

• I'll call the Penguin Council and have them decide what to do with Jerry.. We can't have such a dangerous penguin running around.

I KNEW IT! I also just had to imagine Anthony beating up a penguin at the end of chapter 1 and that somehow managed to cheer me up... poor Jerry the Penguin, getting his nose broken and stuff.

• I've been hibernating far too long.

Expect the episode's final to appear soon...Very soon, (probably tomorrow.)

• I swear my heart stopped a beat when I saw a new comment in here... No matter the outcome, reading the next part will be a challenge. Anyways, I'm equal parts hyped and scared, part of me wants it now, part of me wants it when I've reached acceptance (which is never)

I've been hibernating far too long. Expect the episode's final to appear soon...Very soon, (probably tomorrow.)

• Silly Liquid. Oh, silly, silly Liquid...

>:3

I swear my heart stopped a beat when I saw a new comment in here... No matter the outcome, reading the next part will be a challenge. Anyway

• Hibernating is fun. I wish I could do that, but NooOOooOo. I have to go to school and actually participate in the human race. I envy you XD

Anyways, I can feel the tension. Hype!

I've been hibernating far too long. Expect the episode's final to appear soon...Very soon, (probably tomorrow.)

• I'm pretty lucky, honestly. I've been pretty much free of any activities since I got back from vacation. Of course, part of that has to do with being sick XD

Awesome sauce! :D

mr.quality posted: »

Hibernating is fun. I wish I could do that, but NooOOooOo. I have to go to school and actually participate in the human race. I envy you XD Anyways, I can feel the tension. Hype!

• edited April 2015

Silly Liquid. Oh, silly, silly Liquid...

Okay, now this makes me really nervous... If I'm the silly one, who is the clever one? Is there a clever one? Am I silly to be hyped, or am I silly to be scared? Am I silly to doubt my speculations or am I silly to keep believing in them? Will there be some answers to my ever growing list of speculations or theories? Though please, don't end the next part with a cliffhanger. No matter how horrible the reveal is, I am prepared for everything, but I couldn't bear a cliffhanger. I hate cliffhangers. In any way, if increasing my nervosity was your goal, you have succeeded.

>:3

And this makes me even more nervous... And it looks like an evil cat! There won't be any evil cats in the next chapter, right?

Silly Liquid. Oh, silly, silly Liquid... >:3

• I feel like you're over-thinking it.

But, hey, do you want a panic button?

Alt text

Just don't hit the screen too hard, you could hurt your hand XD

Oh and don't forget, the last evil cat you met turned out to be a good cat ^-^

Silly Liquid. Oh, silly, silly Liquid... Okay, now this makes me really nervous... If I'm the silly one, who is the clever one? Is t

• edited April 2015

I feel like you're over-thinking it.

I'm always overthinking it! Guess I combine the worst parts of an optimist and a pessimist. On a positive side, I am prepared for every gruesome outcome possible for this episode finale. Or, not prepared. I'm just expecting it.

But, hey, do you want a panic button?

I guess I really don't need a panic button anymore. But fine, let me push the panic button!

Just don't hit the screen too hard, you could hurt your hand XD

Instructions not clear, broke my arm while trying to panic. Panicked anyway.

Oh and don't forget, the last evil cat you met turned out to be a good cat ^-^

This on the other hand is oddly reassuring, because Hope Kat. Don't know what to make of it though.

I feel like you're over-thinking it. But, hey, do you want a panic button? Just don't hit the screen too hard, you could hurt your hand XD Oh and don't forget, the last evil cat you met turned out to be a good cat ^-^

• Oh...It looks like the label of that button is falling off...What does that say? Rock? Oh would you look at that, It was a rock.

I feel like you're over-thinking it. I'm always overthinking it! Guess I combine the worst parts of an optimist and a pessimist. On

• See? That's why I have trust issues!

Oh...It looks like the label of that button is falling off...What does that say? Rock? Oh would you look at that, It was a rock.

• I feel like Zafir is going to die Carver style.

I think he was the guy in the police cruiser in that one part. The guy in the back.

• That and the Josie situation.

See? That's why I have trust issues!

• Interesting speculation...

I feel like Zafir is going to die Carver style. I think he was the guy in the police cruiser in that one part. The guy in the back.

• Yeah. That too. Thanks for reminding me, how kind of you...

That and the Josie situation.

• edited April 2015

Hope: Glad I could help!

Liquid: Alt text

Yeah. That too. Thanks for reminding me, how kind of you...

• Alt text

Look at the times. The minute, not the hour.

Yeah. That too. Thanks for reminding me, how kind of you...

• edited April 2015

EDIT: NOW I GET IT.

It all makes sense...

• LIQUID'S A TIME TRAVELER
    SWEET

• Episode 1: The Gateway Dream - Chapter 5: Nine O’clock Lab - Part 4.

“Fucking…” Christian hissed with a tone of discomfort. “Well-- just-- Lets get going…” He trailed off, giving a depressed look towards the floor.

“It’s settled, then.” Jerry proclaimed as he faced the group of people that now were approaching them. Jordan, followed by Dan who held the hand of Ashley. At this point Jerry had notice the other people in the bunk beds. A good 6-8 strangers, but most of them seemed to sheepish. They weren’t going anywhere.

“We’re leaving already?” Jordan questioned, standing among the group. “You’ve been here what? Two days?” She smirked, but it quickly shrank to a more subtle smile. “Suppose it’s better than never.”

Atlanta let out a sigh. “But they locked you in the moment we stepped inside.” She had brought up a good point, but one that Jordan had a solution. “Some of us are trusted,” Jordan sounded and she took several steps towards the door, but stopped and silently gestured for the group to follow. Her silence making clear that they were to remain quiet.

She pointed to Jerry and then towards the left side of the doorway, then she pointed at everyone else their group to line up against the wall on the right side. She stood in the center of the bunch and banged on the door. Someone on the other side of the door quickly reacted and looked through the glass window to pier into the poorly lit room. The person groaned with annoyance as they turned the lock and took a step into the room. “What is it--” The man muttered before Christian kicked him in the side of the knee, causing the man to buckle over. It was followed by the brutally knee of Jerry as he slammed his knee into the man’s bottom jaw.

The violent motion of the man’s head swinging upwards was greeted with a cracking sound that filled the air. Jordan let out a single shaky breath as she looked at the man on the ground. She wasn’t the only one. Jerry rushed Dan, Christian, Ashley, Jordan and Atlanta out the door as he grabbed the man’s gun and he soon stepped out of the room as well, but shot a look at the man who he had so willingly killed.

Jerry looked for the group. He was greeted by a lonesome hallway, his group had gone towards one end, but which? Out of the corner of his eye, a shadow darted by. He had made his decision. He rushed towards the left, where he had spotted the fleeting shadow.

He rounded the corner and face yet another hallway, but this time with a open door to the right of the long hallway. Jerry tip-toed towards the door that had a light illuminating from it.

He head voices talking quickly and with fear. He peaked his head in the doorway, just enough to make out two silhouettes. “--Slow down, Vincent.” A female voice echoed, trying to calm down the meth cook he had briefly met.

“I’m-- I’m trying!” He hissed. “Look, I’m telling you! They fucking killed the man guarding the door, trick him to come inside, then that Jerry-motherfucker broke the man’s neck!”

“Fuck! Vincent…” The woman swore as she trailed off.

“Clarice, go get Zafir, I need to clear my head and finish this batch…” Vincent sighed. Clarice replied with an annoyed sigh as she stormed out the door, barely a foot away from where Jerry hid in the shadows.

As soon as Clarice disappeared from his line-of-sight, Jerry turned around to go down the other hallway. His foot slipped and a soft sound echoed, followed a voice that called out, “who’s there?” It was Vincent. Jerry gripped the combat knife tightly in between the fingers of his right hand.

“Who are you?!” Vincent called to the figure that was Jerry, he had his back facing him. Jerry let his hands fall to his sides, Vincent’s eyes darted towards the knife in his hand and he fearfully began backing away. “H-h-h-help-- help!” He muttered as Jerry ran at him with the knife.

Jerry forced the knife’s blade into the man’s neck several times. It caused blood to pour onto the concrete floor and cover Jerry’s right arm up the elbow. Jerry let out a few shaky breaths as he stared down at the newly stabbed man who blinked at him with fearful eyes. He coughed after that. His body grew limp, all in a matter of second.

Jerry backed up into the room off the hallway and looked at the meth lab he now stood in. His attention turned to a sink and he darted towards it. He frtitly washed off the blood, soucking his sleelve with water in an atempted at hiding the bloody sight from his group… Of course, he still had to reunite with them first.

They had seen him kill a man already. But bloodlessly. The sight of the blood made himself sick, it was warm, sticky, and Jerry didn’t dare take a breath in fear of the smell.

His shirt was still stained with the dark red blood, but it was no longer as sticky and his arm was clean. The combat knife was soon clean as well. Jerry took several deep breaths as he looked around the meth lab. A lit bunsen burner caught his attention. He turned the knob all the way up and a large flame shot up and lit the contents above it on fire, sending a sudden flurry of smoke into the air, that continued to grow, slowly, but surely.

Jerry looked behind him at a second doorway on the other side of the room, across from the door he entered through. Jerry darted out of it and found himself in another hallway, but this was the right hallway.

Following it found his group once again, all standing by the door as Christian fiddled with the door using from tools.

Atlanta turned her attention to Jerry as he approached. “Where were you?” Her voice sounded frightened and caring.

“I just-- Seperated.” Jerry quickly answered. “But we need to hurry, I think word could have gotten out that were were leaving.”

“Dammit!” Christian yelled as the screwdriver slipped and pinched his finger.

Jerry walked past Atlanta and ignored everyone else as he inspected the door. Christian had got to work quickly and had removed the locked door knob, but the bolt remained that held the door shut. Jerry pushed Christian aside as he gave one powerful kick into the door and the remaining piecing of the lock gave way and the door swung open.

Silence fell over the group as Jerry took shaky steps into the room. His mouth hung open as he stared upon the room. It was small and dark, with two chairs that looked like they had dried blood on them. They had bracks that looked like they being used as restraints.

“No…” Jerry mumbled as he blinked and darted his eyes around the room, aimlessly. “N-n-no!” Jerry shouted as he tried to kick one of the chairs over, but he quickly, (and painfully) discovered they were welded to the floor, which was also metal.

“Jerry…” Atlanta whispered to try to comfort the man.

“They were here!” Jerry shouted with anger, rage boiling inside of him. He breathed was slowly and was deeply as he could to calm down slightly. “Who took-- where did they-- how--” Jerry trailed off as Dan of all people approached Jerry and stood next to him.

“Did…” Daniel mumbled. “Did they escape?”

Jerry’s face lit up. He turned to Daniel gave a proud look. “Where would they go?” He mutter, then turned to his group once again.

“Harvest Hills…” Ashley answered from the back of the crowd. “Where else would they go?”

Jerry’s face lit up with hope as he turned and walked out of the room and go the hallway, his group quickly following behind him. Jerry brandished the pistol he had stolen from the guard in one hand and in the other he held the combat knife as he and his group walked down the final hallway.

They hadn’t stopped to gather more supplies or weapons. Jerry was the only thing that stood between them and anything else.

They were heading towards the front door of the mall, not the best plan, but the plan seemed to already be improvisation for the most part to begin with.

Jerry and the group rounded the final corner and faced the worse thing they could come across as they escape, Zafir and his men standing at the front door of the place. “Shit…” Jordan muttered as they man took notice of the group and raised his hand in the air.

The men around Zafir raised their guns and pointed them at the group, waiting for the command to fire. But Jerry still had his pistol point straight at the man who had imprisoned them here… He had a clear shot. Silence filled the air as neither side spoke.

[Shoot.]

[Surrender.]

• So...I know I said it would be the last part of episode one...I kind of lied. But the NEXT part will be the last of episode one...

...It'll all make sense soon.

• [Shoot.]

Jerry is going get killed though.

Episode 1: The Gateway Dream - Chapter 5: Nine O’clock Lab - Part 4. “Fucking…” Christian hissed with a tone of discomfort. “Well-- just-

• Who am I kidding. Jerry dies either way. Zafir will execute him or his men will gun him down. For the good of the group,

[Surrender.]

[Shoot.] Jerry is going get killed though.

• #ForTheGroup

Who am I kidding. Jerry dies either way. Zafir will execute him or his men will gun him down. For the good of the group, [Surrender.]

• [Surrender.]

Episode 1: The Gateway Dream - Chapter 5: Nine O’clock Lab - Part 4. “Fucking…” Christian hissed with a tone of discomfort. “Well-- just-

• It's all piecing together right now but I just can't find it in me to trust Jordan. I'm not going to try to kill her until I can officially say that I can't trust her so I'm going to remain open-minded about her.

Christian seems to be at least trying but it could all be a ploy. Based on what Jordan said about his past and how he came to be with Zafir's group, I'm not sure he would put Jerry and co. in that position.

Overall, these two could be big trouble or a huge help. That's all I have to say.

So...I know I said it would be the last part of episode one...I kind of lied. But the NEXT part will be the last of episode one... ...It'll all make sense soon.

• Time will tell ^-^

It's all piecing together right now but I just can't find it in me to trust Jordan. I'm not going to try to kill her until I can officially

• Time is telling a story but the story makes me heavy hearted...

Time will tell ^-^

• You have no idea... Funny thing is I've made plans into the final episode...

...Oh we have a ways to go before then...It'll be over soon...at least the hard part, but then the hardships become worse like they always do. It's what they get from walking blindly into the forest. But people are long gone at that point, in both body and mind. But stalkers are scarier. But they're just as mad. Nonetheless, you can't hind under the covers.

Oh...and eh...Just wait until the Monument is Built.

Time is telling a story but the story makes me heavy hearted...

• edited April 2015

Out of all outcomes I could think of, this might possibly be the worst. No Josie and the group in an even worse shape to do anything against that than before. So that means the thing I was wrong with had been me being convinced about them being in that torture room, right? Guess that means Josie's fate won't be revealed until some future episode. But her not being in that room is not a good sign. There's no way they escaped out of that fucking room, how would they do that without getting noticed by Zafir's group? Guess they either got tired of her and killed her or relocated her into some new torture room. Or Zafir finished breaking her spirit and is now proceeding with the next step of his torture.

It was small and dark, with two chairs that looked like they had dried blood on them

I fucking called it! That whole thing was a goddamn torture room and I was probably right with most of my speculations. Fuck Zafir and his goddamn group of monsters. Every one of them has to pay horribly for that, down to their loved ones and every one of them will pay horribly if ever given the opportunity. The only good thing that came out of this fucked up rescue attempt were the deaths of that unnamed guard and that monster Vincent. But Jerry let both of them off too easily. They would have deserved to be strapped on that chair, put through a thousand times the torture they did to Josie and Lindsay. Just stabbing him... he should have made him regret hurting Josie, he should have made him beg for death first, that would be well-deserved. At least Vincent got the ultimate fate they all deserve. His sister will follow in time, I hope, but she needs to get it worse.

[Surrender.]

You know, I have debated about this. I know, shooting is not good for the group, but I was so close to pick that option simply because it would mean another dead fucker and seeing all of Zafir's group dead seems to become my main goal rapidly. But then I thought... why the hell should Jerry shoot him? Jerry should use a bunsen burner on him, as well as knives, bonesaws, screwdrivers, drilling machines and after that he should deny him the bullet. That would be justice. Simply shooting him is so much less than Zafir deserves and even the thought that he could get out of that without punishment worse than death makes me angry. I don't want Zafir dead, I want Zafir worse than dead, I want Zafir longing for his death and begging for it and regretting the moment he lay hand on Josie. And I don't want to take that chance away by shooting him on spot. Vincent got so much less than he deserved and there is no way I'm not going to make Zafir pay for that torture room and for that dried blood and for whatever else he or one of his minions are doing to Josie and Lindsay in that moment.

• edited April 2015

Well, my secret has been revealed. I'm a time traveller and I come from one minute into the future.

LIQUID'S A TIME TRAVELER SWEET

• [Surrender.] I am clinging to the hope that somehow Jerry will survive this

• [Surrender.]

If he shoots, he could get himself killed and couldnt help his group or Josie and Lindsay anymore. I just hope that Zafir does not kill him directly.

• [Surrender]

And DAMNNN next comment is the 1k

Alt text

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited April 2015

Oh...and eh...Just wait until the Monument is Built

A statue of Jerry? Illumanati pyramid?

Also 1000 comment boyeee.

You have no idea... Funny thing is I've made plans into the final episode... ...Oh we have a ways to go before then...It'll be over soon.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.