Questions You Want Answered

Comments

• edited April 2015

It absolutely does get you different dialogues... buuut... onlly a couple of them are different (from Jack's side). But, every character's reaction is different too. So it makes sense playing with someone who you will enjoy listening to.
    Wilhelm's lines are boring and dull. But that's only my opinion, of course. He's just straight "I'm here for the money and money only. I don't care about anything else. End of story."

Also why does he need saving? Is it just that he's never mentioned again?

What do you mean? Why Jack needs his ass saving? You'll see. It's kinda funny actually. xD

Heey... a tangentially related question, but I haven't properly played the pre-sequel yet, and I wonder - does playing as different characte

• edited April 2015

Nah, he's still not really that confident even in the dlc, and not nearly as confident as Jack (no woder), but he does seem to care less about deaths and the madness of the whole situation. I'm not sure though how much of this is a "roleplaying" and how much is just him getting used to all of this.

LoneSoul posted: »

That is right, sometimes was Timothy sarcastic jerk, but when i heard his echoes i imagined him as shy and unsure person, so maybe Jacks face gives him confidence, maybe?

• Ah, thanks for the info, interesting...
    As for the 'need saving' bit, I was referring to the #savetimothy thing that keeps popping up, actually, wondering if something happens to the character, or if it's just a case of a dlc pc never getting any closure to their story.

DeityD posted: »

It absolutely does get you different dialogues... buuut... onlly a couple of them are different (from Jack's side). But, every character's r

• edited April 2015

There was that one unused(still not sure if unused) audio from Jack where he hinted doing with Tim pretty much what Lilith did to him - that's one reason. And there's the fact that we haven't heard anything from him since TPS and nobody knows if he's even alive... so there's that.

Ah, thanks for the info, interesting... As for the 'need saving' bit, I was referring to the #savetimothy thing that keeps popping up, actu

• Yep, everything @DeityD said!

The fact that each character has extensive and diverse dialogue is one of the best things about TPS, as are the different NPC interactions. Just based on dialogue I would personally go with Timothy, but it's worth choosing him for his 'Inspire' skill alone!

And he needs saving (or at least an acknowledgement of being okay) because he was missing during BL2,. It's basically that, like Telltale, Gearbox listens to players' feedback and will actively include popular characters. The former head writer knew how much of a fan favourite Timothy was, but he's now left so we have to make sure the next writer knows too. Alternatively convincing Telltale to include him (or at least a reference to him) would also be awesome!

Heey... a tangentially related question, but I haven't properly played the pre-sequel yet, and I wonder - does playing as different characte

• Sorry im just curious, but where did you heard about that unused echo of Jack and Timothy, that unused echo suppoused to be from pre-sequel or borderlands 2?

There was that one unused(still not sure if unused) audio from Jack where he hinted doing with Tim pretty much what Lilith did to him - that

• edited April 2015

From TPS I think, because it goes like "We're gonna have to change that gorgeous face kiddo - things are gonna get more fun for Handsome Jack... you'll see". I'll try to search for it, it's somewhere on tumblr.

UPD - here it is. http://sockopera.tumblr.com/post/102765676083

LoneSoul posted: »

Sorry im just curious, but where did you heard about that unused echo of Jack and Timothy, that unused echo suppoused to be from pre-sequel or borderlands 2?

• I really, really wish DLC characters were included in the cutscenes because seeing his reaction to the ending of the campaign would have shed a lot of insight into his frame of mind. Would he have been like Athena? Or would he have joined in with Nisha & Wilhelm's celebrating/laughter - and if so, would it be because he genuinely agreed with them or because he was scared Jack would do the same thing to him if he didn't?

I can definitely see him becoming desensitised to the violence and maybe even getting used to being a douche bag (acting like Jack must have its perks), but I still hope that at he's core he's just that guy who got into some crazy stuff so he could pay off his student loans. Also, if he is alive, and even if he did turn out to be a jerk, I can't imagine that lasting long in a post-Jack Pandora - I mean could you imagine having the face of an instantly recognisable (and universally despised) dead man?

That's only speculation now. I barely remember anything from that dlc and need to rerun it to make sure but they were referring to the fact

• Aright, this clears things up, thanks. I'll probably be diving into TPS soon, seeing how there's still no news on Ep3...

The 'personal' touches in TPS sound really neat, I have to say I had some trouble getting into BL2, because I was trying to play it both as a straight up FPS, like Far Cry 3/4, which the crazy weapons didn't really allow for, and as an RPG like Fallout, which it isn't... (yes, I did try to shoot the Sanctuary citizens that kept banging on doors and driving me crazy, and was disappointed they were unkillable... and that nobody acknowledged my sociopathy...) I hope having a pc with more characterization will help with immersion.

Yep, everything @DeityD said! The fact that each character has extensive and diverse dialogue is one of the best things about TPS, as are

• I have a feeling he might've actually laughed but only because it's claptrap (I mean both annoying/useless and not human). And because in that dlc he was a "little" angry, part of the reason of it from realizing that Jack probably will never pay him and he's done it all literally for nothing.

Yeah, there's also that. I often imagine some instant knee-jerk reaction from the vault hunters, especially the original ones and especially Lilith when (if) seeing him. Like, hitting him first without even realizing it and then apologizing.
    Speaking of his face... Is he just convinced for some reason there's a bomb in there that will go off if he'll try to change it or is there an actual evidence?

I really, really wish DLC characters were included in the cutscenes because seeing his reaction to the ending of the campaign would have she

• Dammit...can't we just have friends that we can trust? In GoT it is understandable but in Tales from the Borderlands too? I feel the only one I can trust is Loader Bot

O.o You say paranoid but - eh, I say you can never be too careful...

• edited April 2015

I am not sure if it was mentioned here, (and if it was, then I apologize). But in some unused audio is line spoken by August (I think), where he answers Rhys's question about how is Assquez capable of finding them. He says that Vasques is tracking loderbot. But it might have been unused, because when he finds them the first time loderbot is not with them, nor does it explain how is Yvette capable of tracking Rhys as she assures him.

• edited April 2015

Loader Bot is love

Loader Bot is life

Dammit...can't we just have friends that we can trust? In GoT it is understandable but in Tales from the Borderlands too? I feel the only one I can trust is Loader Bot

• edited April 2015

#Rhyiona...

Clearly the only canon ship.

This is the biggest unknown question: Which ship is canon?

• edited April 2015

Or Fiona shirtless...

Alt text

mirashade posted: »

I think the number one question we should be wondering about is: What does Rhys look like shirtless? I mean. For important reasons of course. Not just to see him shirtless. Obviously. He could totally be a siren.

• Dear God no, Rhysha is the only true ship.

#Rhyiona... Clearly the only canon ship.

• i understand why rhys can hold the gortys core, but how can fiona hold it? And what happened to vaughn and sasha?

• i understand why rhys can hold the gortys core, but how can fiona hold it?

Why not? They both activated it.

Alexandria posted: »

i understand why rhys can hold the gortys core, but how can fiona hold it? And what happened to vaughn and sasha?

• never thought about that, but that does make sense.

i understand why rhys can hold the gortys core, but how can fiona hold it? Why not? They both activated it.

• I think that was just used as a threat to scare him so much that he'd never even think about trying to take it off, but given how much of a psychopath Jack is I could just as easily see it as being true...

I have a feeling he might've actually laughed but only because it's claptrap (I mean both annoying/useless and not human). And because in th

• Alt text

I think that was just used as a threat to scare him so much that he'd never even think about trying to take it off, but given how much of a psychopath Jack is I could just as easily see it as being true...

• Rhys, please take off your shirt. Im doing science.

I am also curious. F-for science, you know.

• How dare you? "Nah, not happening, not happening, there's too much to do"

SzymeG posted: »

Jack is DEAD

• Is Claptrap said to be in this game? That would be amazing!

• most likely, since claptrap been in all the other games i assume he'll eventually appear in tales from the borderlands, just my guess but i think claptrap is gonna be in episode 3, i'm looking forward to the conversation with claptrap.

way245 posted: »

Is Claptrap said to be in this game? That would be amazing!

• Since I think my 'canon' playthrough will be with a Rhys who is obsessed with admires Handsome Jack, I want to know if it's a better choice to keep the fact he has Jack in his head to himself, or to tell Vaughn. It's usually clear which dialog options please Jack, but in that case I can't really tell what he prefers me to do...
    Telling Vaughn leads to the potential exchange about saving their careers at Hyperion, which Jack seems happy with, but I trust Vaughn less and less and feel like it could backfire.

• But it's more entertaining to tell Vaughn. Besides, you can probably make him do a guessing game that involves how many fingers he's holding. And then he'll say "lucky guess" when Rhys guessed correctly (thanks to the Jack AI).

Since I think my 'canon' playthrough will be with a Rhys who is obsessed with admires Handsome Jack, I want to know if it's a better choice

• Well if you aim to please him, then you should remember he gets kinda pissed at Rhys for not paying him much of attention (i.e. not answering him) in the dessert so... And I'm sure Vaughn and the others will find out sooner or later anyway, regardless of what we chose.

Since I think my 'canon' playthrough will be with a Rhys who is obsessed with admires Handsome Jack, I want to know if it's a better choice

• Dude no way, Sasha is the dullest character in all of borderlands next to Fiona. Currently they basically only matter due to their involvement with Rhys and Vaughn...

* More details on Vallory. * How pissed is Athena? * True ship. * What happened to Sasha (don't care about Vaughn) * Where's Jack?

• I'm curious just for the fact of what the hell is the rounded blue/grey marks/things on his chest in his outfit in the very beginning. They're not nearly light/blue enough to be siren tattoos, but nor does the color really scream metal/robotic. I need to know :/

mirashade posted: »

I think the number one question we should be wondering about is: What does Rhys look like shirtless? I mean. For important reasons of course. Not just to see him shirtless. Obviously. He could totally be a siren.

• To each his own I guess.

Dude no way, Sasha is the dullest character in all of borderlands next to Fiona. Currently they basically only matter due to their involvement with Rhys and Vaughn...

• I think the Eden property thing was a joke on gullibility, something like the 'If you believe that, I've got some oceanfront property in 'insert-landlocked state/country/etc' that you'll love'.

As for the second thing, I imagine it pays to not look like a mongrel and to look sharp/suave at Hyperion (Rhys and Vaughn), while its obvious beneficial for grifters like Sasha and Fiona to be attractive and charming and would be good at disguises making them look such even if they actually weren't.

dfh15 posted: »

* Is the woman with Felix in the Polaroid Vallory? * Why does Rhys have property on Eden (something) in present time? * How is the group so darn good looking?

• I don't know, the scene that happens you just kind of ignore the fact that Jack exists and don't tell Vaughn is pretty damn entertaining in itself.

matteso586 posted: »

But it's more entertaining to tell Vaughn. Besides, you can probably make him do a guessing game that involves how many fingers he's holding. And then he'll say "lucky guess" when Rhys guessed correctly (thanks to the Jack AI).

• Yeah, my problem is we don't really have the context for the options - is it 'I'm not telling Vaughn because I want to keep HJ to myself wait for Jack to tell me what to do about him', or 'I'm not telling Vaughn cause I'm ignoring Jack and pretending he doesn't exist lalalalala'? Also Jack seems ok with telling Vaughn, but then complains if you tell Vasquez... I want to do right by you, but you're sending me mixed messages, Jack.

I'm also sure Vaughn will find out eventually, but I may not want to give him too much time to plan how to screw me over, hmm...

Well if you aim to please him, then you should remember he gets kinda pissed at Rhys for not paying him much of attention (i.e. not answerin

• You know... I think there will be no winning with Jack either way. He will blame Rhys even for the things he's not responsible for, like he always did.
    He obviously will be sore if you'll choose Fiona over him, but I don't think telling Vaughn (or even Vasquez) will affect anything... other than Vaughn being pissed at you if you'll choose not to - but since he's not a saint himself. I dunno. It's hard to predict anything. That's why I have 3 different saves. :D

Yeah, my problem is we don't really have the context for the options - is it 'I'm not telling Vaughn because I want to keep HJ to myself wai

1. When will the episodes release? All of them
    2. When will Rhyona happen?
    3. Claptrap?

There

1. When Telltale wants to release them
    2. NEVER
    3. Most likely, probably around 4 or 5 I think.
    Crips posted: »

* When will the episodes release? All of them * When will Rhyona happen? * Claptrap? There

• You're probably right, especially considering this is going to lead into BL3, so the ending will have to be pretty definitive, and I doubt it's gonna be 'Jack gets to rule over Pandora with his trusted sidekick Rhys', but I'm trying, man... :P I just really love HJ Fanboy Rhys, motivational posters and all.

In fact, a question I really want answered is just how much will all those little 'X will remember that' moments actually matter in the end...

You know... I think there will be no winning with Jack either way. He will blame Rhys even for the things he's not responsible for, like he

• edited May 2015

You're probably right, especially considering this is going to lead into BL3, so the ending will have to be pretty definitive, and I doubt it's gonna be 'Jack gets to rule over Pandora with his trusted sidekick Rhys', but I'm trying, man... :P I just really love HJ Fanboy Rhys, motivational posters and all.

But even in canon that has some limits. In almost every scene with Jack he says something well, rude like telling him to shut up and such. It seems he liked him more as a motivation posters.

In fact, a question I really want answered is just how much will all those little 'X will remember that' moments actually matter in the end...

Huehuehue, it'll be like Vasquez and his threats - he will kill Rhys either way, the difference will be only in his attitude (promising to do it quickly vs promising to make a wallet out of him). The undertone of the story might change, but the events will probably be the same no matter what.

You're probably right, especially considering this is going to lead into BL3, so the ending will have to be pretty definitive, and I doubt i

• But even in canon that has some limits. In almost every scene with Jack he says something well, rude like telling him to shut up and such. It seems he liked him more as a motivation posters.

Hmm... he can say something rude, but I don't think he has to... I'm preeeetty sure I managed to go through the entire game not saying a single disrespectful thing, and only really opposing Jack in some way by trying to get control of my arm back that one time. I even went for '...' when he tried to strangle me again at the start of Ep2... What can I say, I'm dedicated. ;)

You're probably right, especially considering this is going to lead into BL3, so the ending will have to be pretty definitive, and I doubt i

Sign in to comment in this discussion.