Questions You Want Answered

13»

Comments

• edited May 2015

Maybe, but some things he says on his own volition - like that "shut up" thing. And I gotta admit, I didn't even expect it myself. I think it's mostly because he's dead and like he said himself, he's not afraid of him anymore (at least not that afraid). Other things are not that rude but kinda... disrespectful. I'm not saying that I'm 100% right, but it feels like that... it's hard to explain those feelings properly when you start to think about it.

I mean, he's totally obsessed but not to the same point as Nakayama for example (I'm not talking about the sexual context of his obsession but rather about that blind adoration), and it looks like though he wants to be like him but that does not mean he's enjoying to serve him. Like, he literally wants to be him and not that thrilled to work for him or being his shadow/lackey.

But it's only speculation though, since we can choose what he says most of the times so.

But even in canon that has some limits. In almost every scene with Jack he says something well, rude like telling him to shut up and such. I

• some things he says on his own volition - like that "shut up" thing

But that's just it, does he always say it? I don't remember getting that bit on my recent playthrough... (was that at the start of the 'stranded in the desert' part?) In fact, there are more little things that seem to differ from one playthrough to another, and I don't actually know if they're dialog-dependent, glitches, or what... Like sometimes after the 'tell Vaughn' exchange HJ would go 'blah blah... the other weirdo that was obsessed with me' and Rhys would sometimes stay silent, and sometimes insist 'I'm not obsessed' in a very uncertain tone... Anyone else notice that?

it looks like though he wants to be like him but that does not mean he's enjoying to serve him. Like, he literally wants to be him and not that thrilled to work for him or being his shadow/lackey.

Yeah, this is what depends on dialog choices though, right? You can go 'I'm not afraid of you' but you can also go 'I want to help you get back on top'.

DeityD posted: »

Maybe, but some things he says on his own volition - like that "shut up" thing. And I gotta admit, I didn't even expect it myself. I think i

• edited May 2015

He does it if you tell Vaughn about him. He annoys Rhys at some point saying "Vaaawn... Reeeze... Oh I'm late for my teatime" and Rhys tells him to shut up and then tells Vaughn "no,no. not you. sorry". It's just... the way he says the first phrase and the way he apologized to Vaughn is very different. You can check it quickly here, around 4:05
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxnwHT2eqwI&index=7&list=PL-7t9DoIELCQMk2jnFtwYaSXR53ZccAEF

and I don't actually know if they're dialog-dependent, glitches, or what... Like sometimes after the 'tell Vaughn' exchange HJ would go 'blah blah... the other weirdo that was obsessed with me' and Rhys would sometimes stay silent, and sometimes insist 'I'm not obsessed' in a very uncertain tone... Anyone else notice that?

It's based on your answer. He says that again 100% if you chose "I'm not obsessed" option.

Yeah, this is what depends on dialog choices though, right? You can go 'I'm not afraid of you' but you can also go 'I want to help you get back on top'.

That too, of course (though I'm not afraid of you is another choice wheel - it's "Stop wasting your time"/"Seriously,you're dead/"I'm not afraid of you" - the last one. The answer where we can tell him he deserved that,we're sorry or we'll help goes before that).

some things he says on his own volition - like that "shut up" thing But that's just it, does he always say it? I don't remember gett

• He does it if you tell Vaughn about him. He annoys Rhys at some point saying "Vaaawn... Reeeze... Oh I'm late for my teatime"

Ah, right, but if you choose 'Listen, I'm not crazy' instead, he doesn't say it, they go straight to the 'how many fingers' bit and no 'shut ups' occur. I think it goes that way here at 3:29

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB1GosykLuM

So overall I think you can play Rhys as a somewhat loyal lackey, if you want... Not that it will affect the ending all that much, I agree, but the options have been there, so far, much to my delight ;)

He does it if you tell Vaughn about him. He annoys Rhys at some point saying "Vaaawn... Reeeze... Oh I'm late for my teatime" and Rhys tells

• edited May 2015

Hm, interesting. I forgot about it for some reason.
    Though nothing in "you believe me right" implied that we decided to teach Jack his place here, and this is odd. It's one of the cases where it came out of nowhere, like when you choose "friends is a little too much" but it turned out to be worse than saying "we're not friends".

So overall I think you can play Rhys as a somewhat loyal lackey, if you want... Not that it will affect the ending all that much, I agree, but the options have been there, so far, much to my delight ;)

Yeah but it's like I've done ~8 or 10 runs and watched several playthroughs on youtube and even I don't really remember all the things and opportunities to reach a perfect "loyal image"... So it's extremely difficult and can be achieved only if you're very dedicated to the cause. xD

He does it if you tell Vaughn about him. He annoys Rhys at some point saying "Vaaawn... Reeeze... Oh I'm late for my teatime" Ah, ri

• Yeah but it's like I've done ~8 or 10 runs and watched several playthroughs on youtube and even I don't really remember all the things and opportunities to reach a perfect "loyal image"... So it's extremely difficult and can be achieved only if you're very dedicated to the cause. xD

I'm... I'm not obsessed...

;)

Hm, interesting. I forgot about it for some reason. Though nothing in "you believe me right" implied that we decided to teach Jack his plac

• edited May 2015

Alt text

No, I'm not obsessed. I'm totally obsessed... and not even gonna deny it (unlike Rhys). xD Past 2 months were dedicated to BL games alone, and especially TftB.

Yeah but it's like I've done ~8 or 10 runs and watched several playthroughs on youtube and even I don't really remember all the things and o

• edited May 2015

I was just thinking about something else that bothered me - why exactly would Vasquez be willing to (pretend to?) strike a deal with Rhys or Vaughn for the return of the money? He's not the one responsible for the embezzlement, that's all on Vaughn, so why is Vasquez concerned? He literally had nothing to do with the missing funds.

The only thing I can think of is that he did get the promotion only because he had that vault key deal going, and since that fell through he's trying to at least be the guy who returned the stolen Hyperion cash? (which also makes his 'deal' completely bullshit, since he can't exactly split money he doesn't own between him and Rhys). And then, after the money is lost he tries to at least recover Rhys' corpse with the 'important thing' in it, to secure his new position?

• why is my mighty lord not in the game. He needs to be worshiped by everyone, so i am spreading the word. He should totally be in here.

• I'm a bit late for this, but Fiona's current outfit is in the caravan. Dunno about Rhys yet.

Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

Ok mine are -Rhys Arm and Eye explained more ( I know the concept art said he had it willingly removed to rank up faster, but I hope Rhys

• Oh yeah, forgot about that. Now we just need to know about Rhys

dfh15 posted: »

I'm a bit late for this, but Fiona's current outfit is in the caravan. Dunno about Rhys yet.

• I honestly don't think Gearbox would EVER make a Borderlands game without Claptrap in it. I have absolute faith that he'll show up sooner or later.

way245 posted: »

Is Claptrap said to be in this game? That would be amazing!

• This has been bothering me for a while, so I guess it's a question. In Episode 1 when Rhys meets Zer0, why does Rhys get flustered and think that Zer0 is cool? It's a dialogue choice, but it's in the trailer and seems to be pretty popular. And even if you choose the "Sure, yeah" option, Rhys still gets flustered. I mean, Zer0 is pretty cool, but Zer0 KILLED Handsome Jack. If you met the person who murdered your idol, wouldn't you be angry, or at least scared? Plus, Hyperion hates Vault Hunters. Vaughn says it himself, Vault Hunters are worse than bandits. Why does Rhys admire a Vault Hunter?

• I'd assume it's just pure fanservice. Zer0 is a ninja robot alien emoticon-projecting previous player character, therefore he is cool, therefore players, especially ones familiar with previous BL titles want to acknowledge he's cool, therefore you get the option. I agree it's rather ooc of Rhys to say so, but it's funny so it's there.

This has been bothering me for a while, so I guess it's a question. In Episode 1 when Rhys meets Zer0, why does Rhys get flustered and think

Sign in to comment in this discussion.