Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• "I'm also shocked so many people kissed Chloe. She sucks."
    She sucks..... on Max's tongue!....... I'll leave now.

• It just came out so this will likely change, but 80% of Xbox 360 players kissed her!
    Ps. Chlax should definitely be their shipping name

Poogers555 posted: »

Perfect

• When they have their argument at home, I sided with David. I know it was a rather unpopular decision, but I thought that Chloe was being too harsh on him. The guy just wanted to have breakfast and Chloe was the one who escalated the argument. Despite his strange attitude, I don't think he is a bad guy and he does have a rather nice 18 birthday card to Chloe.

• I was confused by that choice too, I mean c'mon that's super effing evil...

• I sided with the blue haired demon mainly so the secrets are all out and the mother knows everything, she was the main one I was considering, David means well but is weird about it, Chole is dreadful.

The mother is one of the few characters I actually like.

Also the family argument was maybe the one scene that felt good and human to me in the episode

• I think the important thing to think about is what William would want. There's no way in hell he wouldn't take the fall for her if he knew about the choice.

• I agree with your prediction for the season's end. This game is slightly following the butterfly effect movies with plot and powers. If you've seen those movies you'll know the end of them always end back at the beginning; where the only way to fix the timeline was to actually never alter it in the first place. Hell they even got the same symbolized butterfly.

Alt text

My predictions for the ending after this episode seems more likely, we end in the bathroom and max has to decide to let chloe get killed or

• I sided with David too for the sake of the family. Although siding with Chloe can reveal all the truths in a moment, it is not necessary to suddenly draw Joyce into this matter and break their relationship since I think it is not worth it as well as hurts Chloe more in the long term. After playing episode 2, I think David was trying to find the truths too but his methods are extreme. I agree that he did something disturbing but it is not worth it to destroy the family because of this.

• edited May 2015

David obviously likes to put his hands on Chloe, given how casually he slaps her in ep1. Chloe disliking him is understandable, he acts as if he's her father, but have no right to hit her. David is insane and paranoid and it's good that Joyce have the entire truth about him. their family would be better without him. I sided with Chloe.

Also when siding with Chloe you can see this is the first time in a long time Chloe felt like her mom cared. Look how Chloe looks at her mom when she starts tearing into David herself.

• It's ok, not everyone can handle her hype and awesomeness.

Gary-Oak posted: »

Probably because we were forced to hang out with Chloe again. She's a horrible character.

• Preach it sista!!

It's ok, not everyone can handle her hype and awesomeness.

• I never saw David slap her back in episode 1. And interesting, I will try and see that scene once I replay the episode.

MosesARose posted: »

David obviously likes to put his hands on Chloe, given how casually he slaps her in ep1. Chloe disliking him is understandable, he acts as i

• Stay hidden in the closet, when he finds her weed.

I never saw David slap her back in episode 1. And interesting, I will try and see that scene once I replay the episode.

• Right because being an absolute bitch and blaming me for things that are out of my control is 'hype and awesomeness'.

It's ok, not everyone can handle her hype and awesomeness.

• She deserved that slap anyway.

David obviously likes to put his hands on Chloe, given how casually he slaps her in ep1. Chloe disliking him is understandable, he acts as i

• She deserves a slap from a guy who isn't her father, no.

She deserved that slap anyway.

• Gary-OakGary-Oak Banned
    edited May 2015

She deserves a slap from anybody.

She deserves a slap from a guy who isn't her father, no.

• One day you'll understand Chloe's, as I like to call it, her "hypemeness."

Right because being an absolute bitch and blaming me for things that are out of my control is 'hype and awesomeness'.

• Okay i get that you hate punk Chloe but what the hell did alternate timeline Chloe do for you to hate her as well. She's probably the complete opposite of the real Chloe.

* 7/10. * Episode 2. * Episode 1. * Stay. I hate Chloe a LOT. So I don't give a shit if she's in a wheelchair. * NO. IF THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENS IN THE GAME I WILL OPENLY BOYCOTT DONTNOD ENTERTAINMENT.

• But a first season should still have a solid conclusion. That's like saying the season ends after Max gets out of the alternate timeline and the games like "LOL play season 2 or buy a bunch of DLC to find out where the story is actually headed." I really hope Episode 4 isn't just Max dicking around in the alternate timeline the whole episode.

BenPauI posted: »

I'm not really if you know this but there's something called a second season and DLC.

• She has none. Warren is hype incarnate. Chloe has no hype at all.

One day you'll understand Chloe's, as I like to call it, her "hypemeness."

• The dog choice was an interesting one. If I remember correctly it's the only choice including an option that Max really and fully disapproves of. She won't even think something like: "It's better that way, it will prevent Frank from setting his dog on Chloe or me." That's what I was thinking >:)

• BenPauIBenPauI Banned

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like Kate. I couldn't care less Kate. I'm glad she's not in my game so I don't have to deal with her crap anymore. I like ever character except Kate.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited May 2015

You know, we're in an alternate timeline now, Kate might be alive in this one no matter what.

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like Kate. I couldn't care less Kate. I'm glad she's not in my game so I don't have to deal with her crap anymore. I like ever character except Kate.

• I watered her in ep. 1 and 2. I don't know what went wrong.

And btw, how do you save Lisa? I did everything I could to keep her alive ;_; Did you water her first episode and not in the second yet?

• I dont exactly dislike kate but I dont like her either. I pity and feel bad for kate and thats about it.

I'm still hoping her storyline is more than the poor innocent girl who was given drugs without her knowledge. I'd like to think they made a slightly more complex character, the fact she admits she went to the party voluntarily suggests she may have more to her.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited May 2015

Obligatory upload of the episode's best scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCjEZsG_sp4

I sure hope I'm not incredibly late and there's already been like 50 videos of this scene uploaded because otherwise I'm going to look like a complete moron

• edited May 2015

I truly feel bad for you my friend, Warren is feeble compared to the immaculate glow of Chloe and her sick ass tattoos.

Her hypeometer is constantly pulverizing Warren and his shitty haircut...

Alt text

Warren wishes.

She has none. Warren is hype incarnate. Chloe has no hype at all.

• At least Warren has a better personality, Chloe is Kenny 2.0. With you till the end until you say one wrong thing then she acts like your the devil.

(Also tattoos on anyone look shit. Even worse on Chloe.)

• edited May 2015

Chloe is Kenny 2.0

Alt text

You wanna try that again? Chloe is actually one of the most relatable and intriguing characters. She's definitely got attachment issues and pushes people away, putting up a wall of insecurity and at times is vein and catty towards others, which is not ok. But she cares for Max, even if showing it means she constantly tries to push Max toward mischief to weigh her loyalty. Again, not cool, but it's a flaw and one that at least the game doesn't cover up by saying "NO! YOU HAVE TO LIKE HER!"

I like her because, in the heat of conflict, she gravitates towards sticking up for Max and only wants the same in return.

Also tattoos on anyone look shit. Even worse on Chloe.)

This is where we'll have to agree to disagree. I've always been into women who are just covered in tats, I think it's extremely sexy... But that's me.

At least Warren has a better personality, Chloe is Kenny 2.0. With you till the end until you say one wrong thing then she acts like your the devil. (Also tattoos on anyone look shit. Even worse on Chloe.)

• The impression that I'm getting from the game is it's forcing us to like her. Also, I think we must have played different games, because in my game, Chloe never 'gravitated' toward siding with me at all, in fact she blamed me for a lot of things. And even got angry at me for no reason. (Which is why I don't like her)

Chloe is Kenny 2.0 You wanna try that again? Chloe is actually one of the most relatable and intriguing characters. She's defini

• edited May 2015

Everytime i start to almost like chole

"YOU LET ME TAKE ME BLAME FOR MY WEED!" "FUCK YOU MAX"..... "hella"

Also the chole=kenny comment has merit. Both are overhyped stereotypes that the game forces you to interact with and like.

As characters they are good as likeable characters I'm less sure

The impression that I'm getting from the game is it's forcing us to like her. Also, I think we must have played different games, because in

• People says that about TWD and Kenny too and it aint true.

Probably because we were forced to hang out with Chloe again. She's a horrible character.

• I don't think it has, I haven't seen any sort of confirmation that there will be a second season.

LiS is confirmed to have a second season.

• She has issues, for sure. And I don't always nod my head to her actions. I was understandably pissed when she threw her fit after Max tried to tell her that a severely depressed girl was in need of a talk. But, Chloe is in fear of losing Max again.

But she does care for her. I mean, they were lifelong friends. Obviously there's a connection. Plus, for the record, leaving someone who had just recently lost their father without so much as a goodbye is a bit fucked. So there is a clear reason as to why she's a bit crass toward Max still.

The impression that I'm getting from the game is it's forcing us to like her. Also, I think we must have played different games, because in

• Oh dont mistake me Max is hypocritical hipster who I also dont particularly like at all either, the fact I manage to limit her crap via choices makes her tolerable.

She has issues, for sure. And I don't always nod my head to her actions. I was understandably pissed when she threw her fit after Max tried

• LiS is confirmed to have a second season.

a second season.

confirmed

Alt text

WHAAAAAAATTTTT???!

LiS is confirmed to have a second season.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

People act out like that, you'd be lying if you say you've never had moments where you just hate everything and everyone. She was hot headed, it would've passed. If it wasn't for Max's holy shit time paradox.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

Or worse, she could be dead regardless. Heck Max is in the vortex club now. Could you imagine how she would feel if she found out she was one of the people to bring Kate over the line in this alternative timeline? I get the good feeling at the end of this episode we'll be reverted back to the original timeline regardless. But I'm really looking forward to the alternate reality episode next.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.