Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Maxwell does proceed to murder a bunch of people with the hammer in the song, though, including 'Joan', a teacher, and a judge, so hopefully the comparison ends there.

ClemRanger posted: »

Just thought I'd point out a Beatles reference from Episode 2. Warren calls Max "Maxwell Silver Hammer" this is a reference to the Beatles s

• Meh

Much like Telltale's decisions 'tailoring' the story rather than changing it, I feel like the writers of Life is Strange have missed their p

• edited May 2015

I hope we aren't stuck in the alternative timeline for the entirety of episode 4. I hate the fact chloe is disabled it made me depressed through out the day. :( Also the choices i made: Stole The Money, Kissed chloe, (I ship max and chloe.) sided with chloe, and kept the dog from harm.

• WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED. I DID NOT EXPECT THAT. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.

Seriously, I didn't expect the ending to be that... so... twisted like that. My God, no words can express how sick I'm feeling right now.

For me, this is the critical point for this series. The choices are tougher than before, the conspiracy are becoming more weird and dark. Man, I just can't process what I just played just now.

Let's talk about the choices, if Dontnod is serious about the ending, that means,... our previous choices don't mean jack shit. BUT, Maybe in "Dark Room", we can revert this back... back to normal? How it should have been? Seeing Chloe in that wheelchair... My eyes are teary man. JUST LOOK AT MY PROFILE PIC, I NEED THE REBEL CHLOE.

Now, seeing that Max is a Vortex Club member, this is interesting, and David is a bus driver, Warren stuck with Stella... what next??? Rachel is Max's new BFF?!

Ten outta Ten, you outdone yourself Dontnod. Good job for making me depressed today. Fuck.

P/S: I kiss Chloe. So cute~

• Yeah, for me too. Not that I care, I don't really like Chloe. :P

Strange, for me it was Chloe and Rachel.

• Same here, I need blue hair Chloe back. Seeing her in that wheelchair was hard for me, I couldn't believe that was Chloe. I hope we won't be in that new timeline for the entirety of ep. 4.

• Jacksepticeye, Cryaotic, Geek Remix, PewDiePie, PressHeartToContinue,TmarTn2,YOGSCAST Hannah, YOGSCAST Kim and NukemDukem

#TeamSarah posted: »

Hey guys, i'm going to do a compilation of Life is Strange playthrough reactions (I did this with Walking Dead) do you have any suggestions on Youtubers or Live streamers who had really good reactions.

• But, you know, despite that she's in the wheelchair, I'm happy that she still smile when she saw Max again... Good God Dontnod, stop playing with my feels stupid!

MosesARose posted: »

Same here, I need blue hair Chloe back. Seeing her in that wheelchair was hard for me, I couldn't believe that was Chloe. I hope we won't be in that new timeline for the entirety of ep. 4.

• So what do you think. Will there be a season 2 and who will be a protagonist in it?

• I've heard there will be a second season and I hope Max is the protagonist, or at the very least Chloe.

So what do you think. Will there be a season 2 and who will be a protagonist in it?

• Yeah I ve heard it will depend on sales. I am strictly against changeing the protagonists and only reason why I accepted Clem was becuase we knew her. I dont like changes.

MosesARose posted: »

I've heard there will be a second season and I hope Max is the protagonist, or at the very least Chloe.

• edited May 2015

I just finished this episode... No.. No.. No.. No.. NO.. I'm going back to the original timeline first chance I get... that ending was hard to watch for me I don't know why.. But seriously.. If her dad could pick if he died or she became disabled I think he would choose for himself to die.. Everything happens for a reason.. Chloe can't be like that..... Nope.. Not happening.. Im going back to blue haired punk rock Chloe..

I feel sick and depressed now ;(

• In the preview max is back in her original clothes.. thank fuck.. Original timeline ftw.

• Okay, here's the deal. I finally calm down a little bit. I got a new theory.

Basically, Max just created a alternate timeline, a temporal paradox, the timeline where William is still alive, David Madsen is out of the story, Max... well, she's in the Vortex Club and Everyone is nice to her (notice the white outfits they're wearing). Warren is stuck with Stella (what the hell...), and Chloe... poor Chloe... is paralysed. God knows what or who Rachel, Frank is now in this timeline, they're pile of dead whales on the beach, and basically everything gone wrong.

Before that, about Chloe's "fate". Remember the handicapped fund? Yeah, HANDICAPPED.

So, here's the deal, I talked about how Donnie Darko theory is relevant to this game plot. I said it was relevant until Episode 3 came. From here, I'm stuck. I mean, this is pretty much Butterfly Effect and all other time travel twisted shit is going on right now! Now: here are some of my thoughts on Max's power and its further potentials:

1. We now know Max's power is more than meets the eye. She can literally jump into certain timeline by focusing through the picture. This means that Max can jump into any living souls she want.

2. If Max can jump into certain timeline and into certain living souls, this means that Max can change the course of timeline by tampering with the environment or certain important incident.

3. What Max doesn't realize is, when she tampered with an incident, the whole live she knew, she grew up with, is gonna change forever.

4. Now, maybe, MAYBE, in Episode 4, she need to find certain picture to go back into that timeline and fix everything. Remember Chloe and William picture Max took? That's the only way she can save the past and the future and Chloe.

And... I got nothing, nada. That's all. I'll see myself out.

• Same here, I hate having a new protagonist. I like knowing more about a character we already know and starting off where we left off. I dislike changes as well especially when it comes to leading characters.

Yeah I ve heard it will depend on sales. I am strictly against changeing the protagonists and only reason why I accepted Clem was becuase we knew her. I dont like changes.

• I think so too, eventually she will realise that she has to go back to the original timeline because everything is so wrong in the alternate one.. or we will get a choice which one to stay in.. either way I know where I'm going..

All the more reason why I believe Max will be back in the original timeline at the halfway point of Ep. 4.

• All the more reason why I believe Max will be back in the original timeline at the halfway point of Ep. 4.

Legendary12 posted: »

In the preview max is back in her original clothes.. thank fuck.. Original timeline ftw.

• I get the feeling that this AlternativeChloe is more mature and maybe nicer?

I still want the original back though.

Mat_Den96 posted: »

But, you know, despite that she's in the wheelchair, I'm happy that she still smile when she saw Max again... Good God Dontnod, stop playing with my feels stupid!

• My guess is Max will go back to the original timeline using a picture from that time (Assuming she still has one in her possession.)

• I'm not avoiding it but Max just doesn't seem interested either way.

My Max is about neither. No shipping in my playthrough.

• Well...She did take a selfie with Chloe after spending the night together.

My guess is Max will go back to the original timeline using a picture from that time (Assuming she still has one in her possession.)

• Punk rock Chloe is doomed though.

Legendary12 posted: »

I just finished this episode... No.. No.. No.. No.. NO.. I'm going back to the original timeline first chance I get... that ending was hard

• 4) I think that was an optional photo. So not everyone would have taken it, meaning the story can't hinge on her having it. Her selfies and the butterfly photo are the only pictures that she has to take as part of the story, so I daresay she'll be jumping into them at some point.

Okay, here's the deal. I finally calm down a little bit. I got a new theory. Basically, Max just created a alternate timeline, a temporal

• In my opinion (hopefully) this will wake max up and realize she has to let chole die, she changed history and saw the conclusion she has to put everything right and stop all her time reversals

Okay, here's the deal. I finally calm down a little bit. I got a new theory. Basically, Max just created a alternate timeline, a temporal

• Taking a photo in the past was listed with the major decisions for some reason.

4) I think that was an optional photo. So not everyone would have taken it, meaning the story can't hinge on her having it. Her selfies and

• Would you let somebody you care about die? I dont think so, nobody who call himself human would.

In my opinion (hopefully) this will wake max up and realize she has to let chole die, she changed history and saw the conclusion she has to put everything right and stop all her time reversals

• edited May 2015

That's probably what it comes down to. We'll go back to the photo of the butterfly on the bucket and let Chloe get shot to stop the tornado. That or Max interferes and gets shot instead.

In my opinion (hopefully) this will wake max up and realize she has to let chole die, she changed history and saw the conclusion she has to put everything right and stop all her time reversals

• edited May 2015

Would you let somebody you care about die? I dont think so, nobody who call himself human would.Would you let somebody you care about die? I dont think so, nobody who call himself human would.

So your going to live in the alternate timeline and not let william die (someone max clearly cares about) then? And be friends with vortex and wheelchair bound chole?

Not to mention all those whales and fuck knows what else she is killing with her behaviour

Would you let somebody you care about die? I dont think so, nobody who call himself human would.

• oo maybe. I thought it was weird that it forced us to do it

Well...She did take a selfie with Chloe after spending the night together.

• Nathan Prescott needs to get his butt kicked.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

lt'll likely be most of the episode. I hope it is, we might see a different side to Chloe whom isn't trying to be all badass and has a nicer outlook on life.

We'll likely be reverted to the original by the end of the episode anyway. I really wanna see how Max interacts in Blackwell in this new timeline though.

• We already scratched the side of his face and left a mark since then. That's a start.

TheShyGuy posted: »

Nathan Prescott needs to get his butt kicked.

• CathalOHaraCathalOHara Moderator

Seriously?

Thats exactly what I did in my playthrough. Screw that dog.

• Chloe, Max and Kate should jump him.

We already scratched the side of his face and left a mark since then. That's a start.

• Letting Chloe die to prevent the universe from going crazy doesn't make a lot of sense and sounds like drama only for drama's sake.

Skiba7671 posted: »

That's probably what it comes down to. We'll go back to the photo of the butterfly on the bucket and let Chloe get shot to stop the tornado. That or Max interferes and gets shot instead.

• It makes perfect sense. Erase the source of the problems and it's over.

rousseau posted: »

Letting Chloe die to prevent the universe from going crazy doesn't make a lot of sense and sounds like drama only for drama's sake.

• Well, actually it makes a ton of sense and is quite a common time travel trope. Think 'Final Destination', 'Donnie Darko', the 'reapers' from Doctor Who and a bunch of other similar stories. On the assumption that Chloe was supposed to die and by saving her, Max has altered the universe, diverting it into an unstable timeline that is now trying to destroy itself, the only way to fix that is to go back to original change and reverse it.

rousseau posted: »

Letting Chloe die to prevent the universe from going crazy doesn't make a lot of sense and sounds like drama only for drama's sake.

• How is she the source of the problems?

It makes perfect sense. Erase the source of the problems and it's over.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.