What is the big deal with these pairings?

I think we should be focusing on the big picture, AKA The Vault.

I mean none of these OTPs have a CHANCE of becoming confirmed other than Loader Bot and the little Gortys Sphere, and that's not even a pairing. Not yet, anyways.

Comments

• Cause Rhysha is love, Rhysha is life .

• A Rhyiona moment a day keeps the waiting agony away.

• Rhyiona*

Cause Rhysha is love, Rhysha is life .

• Its fun and it makes waiting a little bearable in some ways haha :) Even though if non of it gets canon, I don't really mind

• You guys are fighting over the most trivial of trivial plots, especially in a borderlands game.

Poogers555 posted: »

Rhyiona*

• THE ACTUAL ONLY PAIRING THAT WILL HAPPEN IS LOADER BOT AND GORTYS SPHERE.

SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS GIVE IT UP THESE PAIRING ARE TRIVIAL WE JUST NEED TO FOCUS ON THE VAULT OF THE TRAVELER.

• Or make Rhys a pimp and he gets all the ladies.

• Tales from the Borderlands has such colorful characters with great chemistry, romantic or otherwise. Whether you ship them or not they're worth talking about too. Not everything has to be about the "big picture".

• Yeah, but when you look at it, even in the smaller picture, the actual only one that even had a chance is August and Sasha (and maybe Rhys and Fiona, if you guys aren't "temporary allies".) and that chance has already hit the ground. Twice.

I mean that's just my opinion.

LoseMyHome posted: »

Tales from the Borderlands has such colorful characters with great chemistry, romantic or otherwise. Whether you ship them or not they're worth talking about too. Not everything has to be about the "big picture".

• The discussion boards would get very boring if all we ever talked about was a Vault we know almost nothing about so far

THE ACTUAL ONLY PAIRING THAT WILL HAPPEN IS LOADER BOT AND GORTYS SPHERE. SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS GIVE IT UP THESE PAIRING ARE TRIVIAL WE JUST NEED TO FOCUS ON THE VAULT OF THE TRAVELER.

• edited May 2015

It's only been 2 episodes in, there's still a chance for everything

Yeah, but when you look at it, even in the smaller picture, the actual only one that even had a chance is August and Sasha (and maybe Rhys a

• That's not Rhys.

RedHounds posted: »

Or make Rhys a pimp and he gets all the ladies.

• Well, in your case, I guess I could see why.

Kimmy-klu posted: »

Its fun and it makes waiting a little bearable in some ways haha Even though if non of it gets canon, I don't really mind

• That is true, but you have to consider that whilst other pairings are possible, the one the was originally presented (AKA August and Sasha) is on thin ice.

It's only been 2 episodes in, there's still a chance for everything

• Well, maybe you could talk about character development. Who has a chance of dying. What new characters might be introduced. You can theorize ideas based off the achievements.

You are right about that, but I meant more of the journey to the vault, theorize what could be inside. I could've been more descriptive, though.

The discussion boards would get very boring if all we ever talked about was a Vault we know almost nothing about so far

• edited May 2015

Well, I have seen all those things get dicussed through in other threads. After 2 months people start to run out of things to talk about. Shipping threads are largely based off of hypothetical situations not strictly canon, so they're the only things that are really active right now.

Believe me, as soon as another episode comes out and we get more information to work with and discuss, there will be plenty of new threads talking about everything you just mentioned.

Well, maybe you could talk about character development. Who has a chance of dying. What new characters might be introduced. You can theoriz

• You know I'll be honest with you.

I don't even care about shippings, I'm fine with them.

I was just trying to get everyone to make loader bot x gortys an otp.
    For comedic value, but still.

Well, I have seen all those things get dicussed through in other threads. After 2 months people start to run out of things to talk about. Sh

• Oh why didn't you just say so

Alt text

You know I'll be honest with you. I don't even care about shippings, I'm fine with them. I was just trying to get everyone to make loader bot x gortys an otp. For comedic value, but still.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

What, no Rhyaughn? Equal opportunity shippin' you guys!

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Yes it's all very silly . And TT doest do romance so I'm not too worried . But there is a big chance that either Sasha or Vaughn will die.

• There's actually this video about the potential for romance in video games, and the discussion includes Telltale

Romance in Games

Not to say that's proof this particular game will involve romance, but it looks like it could be an indication Telltale will consider adding a romance element in the future. Plus, it's not like all Telltale games are devoid of romance - we have Lee/Carley, as underdeveloped as that may have been, and Bigby/Snow.

Cope49 posted: »

Yes it's all very silly . And TT doest do romance so I'm not too worried . But there is a big chance that either Sasha or Vaughn will die.

• Because it's fun?? More fun than repeatedly asking what's in the vault, though those topics do come up too. Besides, the characters are so lovable, it's no surprise that people get attached to them! :)

• Cuz the power of Rhyiona is that powerful. Plus people tend to go crazy when there is 4 months of waiting in between episodes.

• edited May 2015

Because it helps pass the time and prevents me from going insane, or at least even more insane than I already am.

• I can see A Gortys and Loader Bot pairing especially since it has been confirmed that Ashely Johnson is playing the Gortys core.

• it just hasn't done any hardcore Mass Effect shit yet.

There's still time for that wink wink, nudge nudge

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Piggs posted: »

Telltale totally does romance, it just hasn't done any hardcore Mass Effect shit yet.

• Telltale totally does romance, it just hasn't done any hardcore Mass Effect shit yet.

• Alt text

Alt text

Green613 posted: »

it just hasn't done any hardcore Mass Effect shit yet. There's still time for that wink wink, nudge nudge ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

• To all those who think shipping is cuz of waiting:

that first Sasha x Rhys thread was made like November 26 or 27th. VERY early.

• By the way...

I think we should be focusing on the big picture, AKA The Vault.

What's there to say about the vault? We have nothing to go off of, really. No clue what could be inside, and not much fun to speculate about.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

You mean sex? Kids play this you know...

Piggs posted: »

Telltale totally does romance, it just hasn't done any hardcore Mass Effect shit yet.

• You do realize that Sasha was manipulating August the whole time? It's not a romance if the obsession is one-sided.

You might as well hook up Vasquez with Handsome Jack...

That is true, but you have to consider that whilst other pairings are possible, the one the was originally presented (AKA August and Sasha) is on thin ice.

• You might as well hook up Vasquez with Handsome Jack

Alt text

Bokor posted: »

You do realize that Sasha was manipulating August the whole time? It's not a romance if the obsession is one-sided. You might as well hook up Vasquez with Handsome Jack...

• Rhysquez is my OTP, why do you think Vasquez was so butthurt that Rhys betrayed him?

kenjisalk posted: »

• Whew, I actually didn't mean to word it like that, no. I just meant determinant relationships.

Telltale shouldn't really worry about their child fanbase on a Borderlands game, though. That's kinda stupid.

You mean sex? Kids play this you know...

• Not a big fan of the ship stuff either, but to be honest, TTG aren't exactly dropping a big mystery yet for us to ponder over. The ending is a cliffhanger, and there's little to speculate about it other than "Fiona and Rhys will be fine." There is the Vallory stuff, but we already know what she looks like, so that's not really a secret, and then there's the Mysterious Stranger which people have been speculating about since Episode 1.

I mean really, we ran out of things to talk about a month after E2.

I'd love to know more about the Vault of the Traveller and what's inside it too, but.... we know nothing about the Vault at all. We don't have anything to discuss.

So that's why those shipping threads are so popular. Because they are fan fiction, and the fans don't need anything from TTG to make their own stories up on the forum.

TL;DR: Episode 3 needs to come out soon so we actually have something to talk about on here.

• What is this heresy, soldier? Are you calling naval warfare trivial? Do not underestimate the complexity and importance of ships! Especially if they head for war.

You guys are fighting over the most trivial of trivial plots, especially in a borderlands game.

• That's Jack you're thinking of. He gets all the ladies. And several of the dudes.

RedHounds posted: »

Or make Rhys a pimp and he gets all the ladies.

• Their relationship was super cute in episode 2. I hope TTG expands on that dynamic. I want them to be the Turk and JD of the Borderlands universe.

Alt text

kenjisalk posted: »

• I'm pretty cool with everyone's ships so far for TFTBL, it's just the users who get really serious and intense over whose pairing is the Ultimate OTP that make me go:

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.