Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• For some reason i don't see them revealing anything significant. I think we'll see minecraft gameplay (Which I personally think is the stupidest waste of Telltale talent...but they can prove me wrong) I would say we'll hear about Game of Thrones Ep5 news and If tales gets released we will hear about Episode 4 news....I really wouldn't' get my hopes up about the walking dead. We might get a bullshit reveal trailer like season 2. But we definitely won't get a release date just a "SOON". fuckin soons

derrickd95 posted: »

I'm pretty sure all of Telltale's focus at E3 will be that thing for TWD that's "bigger than 400 Days", and most likely a Minecraft: Story M

• edited May 2015

I don't think we'll get GOT ep 5 and TFtBL ep 4 news, considering they'll only have been in development for a couple weeks at that point. As for TWD, Job confirmed that we'll be playing something bigger than 400 Days this year and it will be announced at E3. It's on page 44 of this thread if you want proof: https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/89250/season-3-waiting-thread-s3-not-coming-this-year-but-something-bigger-than-400-days-is-at-e3

We're kinda getting off topic in this comment thread though

Wigams posted: »

For some reason i don't see them revealing anything significant. I think we'll see minecraft gameplay (Which I personally think is the stup

• I know. He's only referring to the amount of content we will be getting when it's released. I don't think that we'll get much of a reveal. Maybe we'll get a trailer that's like 30 seconds long similar to "The walking dead Season 2 reveal trailer". We may get a "Coming in (Whatever month)". I think we'll hear about Episode 4 of Tales and Episode 5 because they don't start from "scratch" after every episode. They're in "live development" but they have most of the episodes completed by now and tweak certain things based on fan feedback or add a new chapter/change a chapter. If they started from scratch after every episode we'd always be waiting as long as it took for tales ep 2 to come out.

derrickd95 posted: »

I don't think we'll get GOT ep 5 and TFtBL ep 4 news, considering they'll only have been in development for a couple weeks at that point. As

• Maybe they think they'll be able to promote the game easier if they wait until then, I dunno.

That's too long, even for Telltale.

• Anything on episode three's release yet?

• ha

Anything on episode three's release yet?

• Alt text

• Ha ha ha ha.... cries

• Okay, okay I get it. Stupid question.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I know, that why i added "(Tweeted May 17th)"

Most people will look at the top for the most recent news and it would be easy to miss that update if it was in the middle of the list.

dojo32161 posted: »

Technically that tweet came out on the 17th and not the 24th.

• They were kidding, don't worry.

Okay, okay I get it. Stupid question.

• Alt text

butts

• Ha ha ha hahahahahahahahahahahhaha continues to laugh hysterically

• I really hope they're not rewriting things again, but I cannot think of any other explanation for why these episodes are coming out so slowly. GoT is on episode 4 and it came out a month after TFTB, clearly there's no problems there. Or maybe they just have a bigger team working on it, I don't know.

I'm genuinely concerned about this game's future. I'm all for quality over quantity, however when the episodes are this late... I honestly have no excitement for the game anymore.

I also thought that episode 2 felt rushed (there's some really weird and disconnected events), despite the extra time they spent on it. So how long does it take them to make a good episode? Six months?

• ok TellTale give us anything! TEAM J2 is counting on you!

• Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

And some Wolf Among Us news at E3 aswell, right guys?

• edited May 2015

I just love your optimism thinking ep3 will be done by then.

Wigams posted: »

I know. He's only referring to the amount of content we will be getting when it's released. I don't think that we'll get much of a reveal.

• One week to June 2nd. Still no news or Australian classification. Well done TTG. You just ruined my biggest birthday wish. Episode 3 better come out June 9th or.... Umm.... I don't know. I will just cry and be sad how the long-waited summer break's beginning will be so boring because of all the waiting.

• [removed]

• after I seen how long it took to just get ep2, I just didn't bother playing it anymore cause of lose of interest in long waits, but maybe by this time next year we will have all episodes and I can start this game and get into it then. No waiting between eps and getting bored, play it and be done. Got plenty to keep me satisfied on other games till then, But I can say, after paying for several seasons, and the long wait on this, I wont be doing anymore TTG from here on, but maybe once all eps are out on a game and it goes on sale,

• Am I the only one here who doesn't mind waiting a couple of more weeks?

• yes

Quiff posted: »

Am I the only one here who doesn't mind waiting a couple of more weeks?

• absolutely

• I'm finding it difficult to wait but what's keeping me going is thinking about the episode 2 wait, we were all losing it and there was absolutely no news at all and then it all started coming in at once (and I don't know about anyone else but when I saw the trailer for the first time I nearly passed out from happiness). It seems like it's going to be the same deal this time around, and when that news does come in it's going to be glorious.

• I doubt it's really extensive re-writes (if it has been re-written), I think it's just that a lot of work goes into adding detail into things like the graphics. I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't help admiring the amount of detail on the Atlas facility for example and the design of August's guys - it's really quite impressive when you think about all the different locations and things that we see and don't really take much notice of. And the intro sequences obviously have a lot a work put into them to make them so spectacular, that probably takes quite a while as well. And voice actors are not always available at the right time and things - there's a whole load of reasons why the gaps between episode releases are longer than before.

A whole load of time and effort is being put into this game to make it the best that it can be, and there is a whole team of people working on it. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for guys.

I really hope they're not rewriting things again, but I cannot think of any other explanation for why these episodes are coming out so slowl

• Nope, I don't really care cause I know we'll get it anyway, and hey the longer they take the better it will be most likely.

• I absolutely agree with that.

Besides my computer is broken so I wouldn't be able to play it either way :p

Green613 posted: »

Nope, I don't really care cause I know we'll get it anyway, and hey the longer they take the better it will be most likely.

• edited May 2015

Yeah I get ya.
    For me though it's kinda like the longer we have to wait the more exited I get to play the episode (well obviously not if it takes longer that +3 months)

One thing I do think they could improve on is being more consistent with the updates and news. (estimated release date, screenshots etc.) Not just dump a huge pile of news the week before the release, that I don't like.

I'm finding it difficult to wait but what's keeping me going is thinking about the episode 2 wait, we were all losing it and there was absol

• edited May 2015

but Green is with me...

ABigBadWolf posted: »

yes

• edited May 2015

You claim the God of Rhyiona lies?

Heresy.

just lies

• just lies

but Green is with me...

• the god of Rhyiona should be excited for some Rhyiona damn it

• It takes time to implement those scenes. Would you wait 2 months for an episode without any Rhyiona, or 4 months with plenty of Rhyiona?

the god of Rhyiona should be excited for some Rhyiona damn it

• ...Touche.

Green613 posted: »

It takes time to implement those scenes. Would you wait 2 months for an episode without any Rhyiona, or 4 months with plenty of Rhyiona?

• edited May 2015

puts l'oreal reviving face cream on your face

Linsepins posted: »

dies

• thas right Walf.

when ur waiting 4 something good you can never wait 2 long

...Touche.

• fine I give in

but only because of Rhyiona´s top quality moments

thas right Walf. when ur waiting 4 something good you can never wait 2 long