Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• Welp, there goes another one.

Linsepins posted: »

dies

• I needed that.. thanks xD

Quiff posted: »

puts l'oreal reviving face cream on your face

• I felt the same way about episode 2 before it came out. And sure, technically the game was really good (no crashes or bugs or anything). But a few things about the actual story really bothered me. Take Vasquez for example. He brings a shotgun to kill Rhys and Vaughn, but doesn't make sure that he can fire it in the first place? He's not that stupid. Or the Atlas facility in Old Haven that magically rises from the ground, as if it was specifically made to activate the Gortys core thingy and nothing else. It just didn't make sense anymore, so I was led to believe that they did some rewriting and had to fill in the gaps as quickly as they could. Either that, or they really didn't think about these situations and how they could have made them a bit more believable.

I doubt it's really extensive re-writes (if it has been re-written), I think it's just that a lot of work goes into adding detail into thing

• No prob u can count on me :)

Linsepins posted: »

I needed that.. thanks xD

• How many of you guys are hyped for some Ep3 news on June 2nd ???;)

• Alt text

Poogers555 posted: »

Ep 2 came out 69 days ago, so about 9 weeks

• I'm ready

Alt text

E3 is three weeks away... I was hoping we'd have the episode before then

• edited May 2015

Alt text

I am.

CupcakeRhys posted: »

How many of you guys are hyped for some Ep3 news on June 2nd ???;)

• Me toooooooooooo:)
    Alt text

I am.

• How about the episode on June 2nd? That's even better, right?

cries

• edited May 2015

I'm starting to think that GoT took some of the TFtB staff. As far as I can tell, they might be trying to make TFtB outlast GoT for a bit, so that they have something that's going simultaneously with Minecraft once GoT ends and that starts. I hope I'm wrong, but that seems like it's certainly a possibility.

• Well that would be wonderful :D But we have no trailer or news so....
    Alt text

Pipas posted: »

How about the episode on June 2nd? That's even better, right? cries

• Why should we believe anything that TTG´s tell us? We are paying for a product and they are not delivering on said product. I dont buy Assassins creed and then have to wait 6 months for chapter 2.. It´s brought under the premis that it will deliver in everyway to the specifications under which I brought it. I brought a season pass for TFTBL under these specs...

"How many episodes are there in a season, and when are they made available?"

"There are five episodes in this first season. Episodes are usually available to download between 4 and 6 weeks apart."

www.telltalegames.com/talesfromtheborderlands/faq

Not "usually available to download between 4 to 6 months!"
    If I buy a product and that product does not deliver am I not due a refund? The media is the only business in the world where the end user/consumer isn´t treated fairly.
    Shame on you TTG... For shame.

• What exactly was so unbelievable about a SECRET Atlus facility rising from the ground? It's a secret facility.

It's not that hard to believe an arrogant douchebag like Vasquez would test a new gun on someone he wants to kill.

It all made sense to me, so......kind of doubt there was a MAJOR rewrite. Maybe rushed, but not in the way other Telltale episodes felt rushed namely In Harms Way and In Sheep's Clothing.

I felt the same way about episode 2 before it came out. And sure, technically the game was really good (no crashes or bugs or anything). But

• I have hope, which no one can take away from me :^)

Me toooooooooooo:)

• The media is the only business in the world where the end user/consumer isn´t treated fairly. Shame on you TTG... For shame.

Wow, $5 episodes must be awful for you then. The wait is definitely long, the worst thing they can do is cancel the entire thing all together but they didn't and they didn't say they were.

Idle_hand posted: »

Why should we believe anything that TTG´s tell us? We are paying for a product and they are not delivering on said product. I dont buy Assas

• Look she does have a point, the problem isn't the cost or the lenght between episodes but rather that the premise have changed, the agreement was that we would pay whatever sum we bought the game for and they would deliver the paid for content within the deadline. Even more importantly is that they don't even aknowledge the delay or update their customers about what's happening. The guesses are wild in the forum for when the episode comes out because they don't bother to tell us. The epsiode could be days from finished or need another month or two and we don't know, we don't even know if they know or if it's somehow out of their hands. (problem with voiceactors or something besides TTs staff and their work)

J-Master posted: »

The media is the only business in the world where the end user/consumer isn´t treated fairly. Shame on you TTG... For shame. Wow, $5

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited May 2015

Ok looks like team J2 failed miserably I hope that we'll at least get a trailer then....twelve weeks of waiting here we come!

• The FAQ definitely needs updating for sure. TT games is still suffering from their "indie" stage in the fact that they don't have the biggest of studios nor do they have the most professional of designers at least not yet. So I guess it's just something people are going to have to live with.

Complaints may not change anything.

Saomik posted: »

Look she does have a point, the problem isn't the cost or the lenght between episodes but rather that the premise have changed, the agreemen

• What's special about June 2?
    Is the first Tuesday of every month when TTG sets aside a few hours from Game of Thrones development to work on Tales from the Borderlands?

• So GoT episode 4 just came out.

https://youtu.be/_Y8VGN29H4U

Still waiting on episode 3 for TftB... hopefully it'll be out before episode 5 of Got... or episode 6.... Or the fucking Telltale Minecraft game...

https://youtu.be/uneSOPqqAFw

• Me just sitting here waiting like....

https://youtu.be/yk7IDVzLiQo

• edited May 2015

Frankly I don´t care about the GOT game at all. I find both the story and the characters uninteresting. There is only so many times I can dig the "a worried protagonist in a difficult situation has to make difficult choices over and over again" scenario, without getting bored. That´s why I loved TWAU and TFTB. Those stories have personality.

• I don't mind the wait. I've got so many other games to occupy myself with in the meantime. And considering how long I've been waiting for The Last Guardian, Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, Half-Life 3 and Beyond Good and Evil 2, this wait is easy.

Am I the only one here who doesn't mind waiting a couple of more weeks?

• Just... just... make a trailer. Feed us hungry worms with the fruit of your progress before madness and rioting further ensue.

• finished GoT, now waiting for TFTB... waiting again... i hate waiting... :(

• It's like Telltale's kidnapped my money, and half the people here have succumbed to Stockholm syndrome.

• Thanks for the nostalgia boner.

• No, it's not Telltale's fault. They're just misunderstood. They're actually really nice people, really! Really. Really. :D

Piggs posted: »

It's like Telltale's kidnapped my money, and half the people here have succumbed to Stockholm syndrome.

• In 7 months TTG released all episodes of TWD S1. ;(

• There must be like 15 people working on TFTB now :P

derrickd95 posted: »

I'm starting to think that GoT took some of the TFtB staff. As far as I can tell, they might be trying to make TFtB outlast GoT for a bit, s

• ´Complaints may not change anything.

I know but then what will? Really as consumers the only thing we can do is tell tellgate about what we feel is problematic and then spend our money more wisely (like buying the episodes as they come out rather than a season pass and advising our friends not to buy the game unless they can stand the long waiting periods) Also again the problem isn't that the studio magicly has to produce episodes from nothing, or hastily dish out a half-finished project to meet deadlines but rather the seemingly lack of common courtesy to their customers in informing them about delays and keeping them updated.

It doesn’t seem unrealistic to expect at least a short update for each week over the deadline. Not necessarily with content from the game (trailers or screenshots) just that they’re working on it and what can currently be estimated as wait time.

J-Master posted: »

The FAQ definitely needs updating for sure. TT games is still suffering from their "indie" stage in the fact that they don't have the bigge

• It’s kind of hilarious to see people flip out about how great it will be.

A whole load of time and effort is being put into this game to make it the best that it can be, and there is a whole team of people working on it. I'm sure it will be worth waiting for guys.

and

Nope, I don't really care cause I know we'll get it anyway, and hey the longer they take the better it will be most likely.

I don’t want to be that person but it can take a long time and still suck =). I don’t think it will but waiting longer doesn’t equal better product. Think about it, waiting for months and months and then a sucky episode….and another quarter of a year long wait for the next one

No, it's not Telltale's fault. They're just misunderstood. They're actually really nice people, really! Really. Really.

• WHEW.

TheCatWolf posted: »

In 7 months TTG released all episodes of TWD S1. ;(

• Alt text

TheCatWolf posted: »

There must be like 15 people working on TFTB now :P

• I get super excited when I hear about the release of a GOT episode. I don't even play it nor care for it.

It's just cause I know that means TFTB will be getting some attention now.

• So, I guess this got overlooked

Alt text

• Excellent.

I expect another Duke Nukem reference.

Poogers555 posted: »

So, I guess this got overlooked

Sign in to comment in this discussion.