Better than GOT?

I've played Tales Ep.1 and game of thrones Ep1-3! Personally, I think that tales destroys gOt with graphics! But gOt has a more compelling story! What do u guys think?

Comments

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I think Tales is just overall better than GOT, I've been much more interested in this story than the Forrester's.

• edited June 2015

I like TftB way more than GoT. It could as well be my favourite Telltale game I've played, but first I need to play all of the episodes and judge it as a whole season. But for that, Telltale would need to RELEASE THAT FREAKING EPISODE 3! DSIGDJFGNSJIA\Q\EJGSJ

• I like both games, but I find Tales alot better

• edited June 2015

I like Tales from the Borderlands much more. I think it is the whole different feeling I get while playing the game. Unlike with Game of Thrones, I always feels tense and lots of heartbeating when something happen. In Tales from the Borderlands, I feel relaxed and I have a lot of fun. It is very refreshing that I can end an episode without feeling depressed or generally in a dark mood, but I feel happy, content and excited for the next episode.

That isn't to say that I hate Game of Thrones, I also love the game a lot.

• Release episodes?

Alt text

Pipas posted: »

I like TftB way more than GoT. It could as well be my favourite Telltale game I've played, but first I need to play all of the episodes and

• IMO GoT is better right now, but I don't think it's fair to make a final decision on the comparisons considering Tales is only 2 episodes in while GoT is 4 episodes in, and neither of them are finished yet.

• edited June 2015

Borderlands EP1 was about 5 times better than EP1 of GoT. Borderlands EP2 was about the same as EP2 GoT. EP3 was good and EP4 was like 99% as good as EP1 Borderlands BUT because there are double the episodes of GoT i prefer this series. I think the writers were surprised how well and funny Borderlands was in the end that they need just ages to create good jokes. Making something funny is harder thank making it epic as in GoT.

• Personally, I think gOt Ep.1 was great, but tales Ep.1 not as good. ( but still better than Got ep.2-4)

SpackJarrow posted: »

Borderlands EP1 was about 5 times better than EP1 of GoT. Borderlands EP2 was about the same as EP2 GoT. EP3 was good and EP4 was like 99% a

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

GOT > TftB in all things.

• I prefer Tales.
    GOT is actually my least favourite of the post-TWD season 1 telltale games era.
    that being said I still enjoy GOT.

• Don't always agree with you, but that's exactly what I think too. To be honest I'm not that big of a fan of the GOT game though episode 4 did get me somewhat interested.

dojo32161 posted: »

I think Tales is just overall better than GOT, I've been much more interested in this story than the Forrester's.

• Apples and oranges.

• edited June 2015

Tales From The Borderlands is easily the best. I've honestly really haven't liked GOT and feel little to no connection to the characters with the exception of maybe a few like Asher, Beska, and Rodrik to a degree though episode 4 was great and turned my opinion around a little bit. I gotta agree with @AdamGoodtme GOT is easily my least favorite of telltale recent series. While on the other hand I love TFTB(tell me back before episode 1 that I would love this game more and I would've called you a lunatic lol).

Tales From The Borderlands is just awesome and I wish telltalegames would go back to doing some more light hearted funny games. Tales just has that perfect combination of comedy, interesting story, great action, awesome choices, awesome beautiful graphics, and amazing characters that I actually love and care for (even the side characters!), while GOT has only 1 of those for me. Overall TFTB is probably my most favorite Telltale series that I played except for maybe the exception of Wolf Among Us (they're tied for me probably). Tale From The Borderlands is also one of my early choices for GOTY

TL;DR: Tales From The Borderlands blows Game Of Thrones away.

You don't always agree with me? I could have sworn I had the most popular opinions.

Don't always agree with you, but that's exactly what I think too. To be honest I'm not that big of a fan of the GOT game though episode 4 did get me somewhat interested.

• Aye. I thought I'd love Game of Thrones. But it's not only failed to grab me, it's had me rolling my eyes, tutting, and groaning so often that I can't be arsed playing it. I very nearly ignored Tales From the Borderlands, on the other hand, not being a fan of the Borderlands franchise. Sure, we've only had two episodes, but they've both been golden. In writing, voice acting, art, and even gameplay (such as there is in a Telltale production) Tales has Thrones trounced.

• In my opinion? Tales blows GOT out of the water. The characters grabbed me immediately in Tales, even the villains and the assholes, and I can't get enough of the story. In GOT I'm indifferent toward most of the characters at best and find it hard to care very much about the struggle of House Forrester beyond what happens to a few select people. I thought I'd hate Tales when it was originally announced but it's one of my favorite Telltale games ever. If not for the godawful release schedule it would probably actually *be *my favorite.

• I love them both equally.

• You can't really compare a comedy game to a grim drama game but I think I also like Tales a tad better, mostly because my choices matter in TFTB and the story is more enjoyable.

• TFTB all the way! for me the best game of TTG yet.

• Tales. Better graphic, story, characters, everything. Last two episodes of GoT were boring.

• Tfw posts a Tales vs Thrones thread in the Tales section and doesn't expect biased answers.

Anyway, I think Game of Thrones is actually much better than Tales. I find the story and characters to be really interesting and immersing, whereas I don't find that quality in Tales, with the only characters I like are the reoccuring BL ones and Rhys.

I personally find Tales to be Telltale's worst game out of the ones I've played. It's an unpopular opinion on these forums but it's personally what I believe

Alt text

• Invading biased threads like

Alt text

• edited June 2015

I gave up on GoT. I couldn´t care less about the Forresters. Every single character in that story could die in the next episode and I wouldn´t care a bit.

The typical "conflicted protagonist gets thrown into an unvoluntary leadership position where they are forced to make difficult decisions" story is only entertaining for so long. Thats why Tyrion is so important for the show, because he brings the necessary light into all the darkness, so do Jamie and Bronn now. I guess Ashton is supposed to be the one doing that for this game but his story is fleshed out so little I don´t care about him either.

Thats why I love TftB and TWAU so much. They have more personality.

There is one in the Telltale Community section so I don't think it matters too much currently (it even has a poll).

• Don't trip on your way out. <)

Tfw posts a Tales vs Thrones thread in the Tales section and doesn't expect biased answers. Anyway, I think Game of Thrones is actually m

• k

J-Master posted: »

Don't trip on your way out. <)

(Sorry, I saw the opportunity and took it)

Alt text

k

• I haven't played the GOT game but it seems good for what is from what I've seen but seems to be more for people are already into GOT unlike Tales where I feel it's accessible to anyone who's looking for a good story, well written and memorable characters, funny and witty dialogue, etc.

• k

dojo32161 posted: »

(Sorry, I saw the opportunity and took it)

• edited June 2015

First of all, I think the original borderlands FPS game is absolute shit. Boring as hell, and the most overrated garbage I've ever played.
    Secondly, I've never watched a single episode of game of thrones, so I can definitely say I was bias to neither going in.

Played Episode one of Tales a couple days ago and so far not interested in starting Episode 2. I barely even got through the prologue, it was the most boring part, and it didn't get too much better after that. From what I see It's a much sillier game than thrones, and Episode one actually has some pretty humorous parts, but the story and characters of GoT has borderlands beat to shit. No contest. Best thing TellTale has produced since TWD Season one. Wolf Among Us is also trash. Quit that without even finishing Episode one.

• I love TftB much more. I feel a bit over-saturated with the whole 'political intrigue and fantasy' thing at the moment anyway(especially since I'm watching GoT, reading fantasy, playing DAI & TW3). TftB has a really unique feel to it. It's weird, heart-warming and upbeat (even in the more dramatic moments). Plus I adore the characters, even ones like Assquez and Felix. Rhys and Fiona are also much more compelling protags. And the music. Not to mention the impact of choices. From completely altering the flow of a conversation (like trusting or not trusting Vaughn), relationships (Loader Bot escaping or self-destructing) or locations (Hollow Point or Old Haven).

• Post this on the GOT thread and I can almost guarantee TFTB still blows GOT away

Tfw posts a Tales vs Thrones thread in the Tales section and doesn't expect biased answers. Anyway, I think Game of Thrones is actually m

• As someone that has never read/watched/played anything GoT related I can say that Tales looks a lot better from what I've seen and I find myself actually starting to hate GoT as an entity because of the larger focus it gets over tales.

• Ouch.

almighty posted: »

First of all, I think the original borderlands FPS game is absolute shit. Boring as hell, and the most overrated garbage I've ever played.

• I actually like both games, TfB more but for different reason. They both have good storyline and characters, and keeps strong in their respective types of narrating but what makes Tales better are the choices. Almost all choices in Got can be described as pick option A, B or C and regardless you get result D
    In tales your decisions have more impact and can cause whole different scenes instead of just change in dialogue.

• What was that u said about the wolf among us?...

• Alt text

• R u sayin twd s1 is your over all least favourite game?

AdamGoodtme posted: »

I prefer Tales. GOT is actually my least favourite of the post-TWD season 1 telltale games era. that being said I still enjoy GOT.

• edited June 2015

I know I love both games so I just haven't been saying anything in this thread. I guess it IS in the borderlands section, it's to be expected.

Invading biased threads like

Sign in to comment in this discussion.