Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Most likely.

Minecon 2015 is certainly another possibility, perhaps.

• http://youtu.be/Lyu7-Jcyl_8

Hoping that Minecraft: Story Mode will look like this.

• There's another con happening at June 27 - 28.

It's ArcadiaCon which is Minecraft-themed. That could be another place to look out for MC: SM news.

• edited June 2015

Hi

http://youtu.be/Lyu7-Jcyl_8 Hoping that Minecraft: Story Mode will look like this.

• You sure it isn't Minecon which is happening through July 4-5th?

There's another con happening at June 27 - 28. It's ArcadiaCon which is Minecraft-themed. That could be another place to look out for MC: SM news.

• I'm inclined to agree with InGen on this. Seeing news at Minecon on the 4th-5th seems a lot more likely.

You sure it isn't Minecon which is happening through July 4-5th?

• Do you think it'll be just a character reveal and actual trailer? If that's the case, then I figure we may see the game launch in late September or early October

I'm inclined to agree with InGen on this. Seeing news at Minecon on the 4th-5th seems a lot more likely.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It's possible, although I'd imagine it could be screenshots similar to what TFTB got around this time of year. Although those screenshots were all nearly part of a different plot than the one we got. I'd imagine we won't see Minecraft until sometime around Q4 of this year.

Do you think it'll be just a character reveal and actual trailer? If that's the case, then I figure we may see the game launch in late September or early October

• I bet October, maybe November at latest.

dojo32161 posted: »

It's possible, although I'd imagine it could be screenshots similar to what TFTB got around this time of year. Although those screenshots we

If I was a betting man, I'd place money on late October or early November.

I bet October, maybe November at latest.

• Is that only concerning to me?

Hmm, interesting. That's like the second person to move from Borderlands to Minecraft.

• So... i hear telltale is making a minecraft game... But will they release it?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Yes it will be released, they have implied that it will release at some point later this year.

AstroZombie posted: »

So... i hear telltale is making a minecraft game... But will they release it?

Most likely, since it has a confirmed 2015 date, and Telltale usually only reveals dates when they're confident about them.

So... i hear telltale is making a minecraft game... But will they release it?

• NO WAY :O

OzzyUK posted: »

Yes it will be released, they have implied that it will release at some point later this year.

• Yeah! They confirmed a 2015 release last December on the Telltale Blog.

Read more about it here: https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/88513/telltale-and-mojang-developing-minecraft-story-mode-a-telltale-games-series-for-2015

NO WAY :O

• i was being sarcastic... i mean, games are usually released. But thanks for the info lol

Yeah! They confirmed a 2015 release last December on the Telltale Blog. Read more about it here: https://www.telltalegames.com/blog/88513/telltale-and-mojang-developing-minecraft-story-mode-a-telltale-games-series-for-2015

• edited June 2015

Guess we'll be getting news at Minecon soon. I figure it'll be character reveals, trailer, and screenshots

Just added it in.

Some other big convention blocked off for next weekend...

Was that a pun?

https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/614267037330731008 Guess we'll be getting news at Minecon soon. I figure it'll be character reveals, trailer, and screenshots

• Could have been. Damn it Job

dojo32161 posted: »

Just added it in. Some other big convention blocked off for next weekend... Was that a pun?

• Job sure loves his sneaky puns.

Could have been. Damn it Job

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale tweeted this.

Alt text

There is no news about panel schedules yet from Mojang but i think they will be streaming panels from Minecon.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited June 2015

In light of recent news, I just made an official Episode 1 waiting thread. Special thanks and shoutout to @dojo32161 for being awesome and keeping up with his own Minecraft: Story Mode news before hand, which made creating this thread several times easier.

Also, now that we have the thread up, let me remind you guys of Forum Guideline 1.3

Reminder of Forum Guideline 1.3

1.3 Please try to keep off topic posts to a minimum. If you decide to discuss something off topic, consider making a new topic instead. If you think a certain topic is not worth discussing, don't try to destroy the ongoing discussion with arguments, off topic posts, ironic jokes, excessive use of pictures/gifs/videos, or anything else that will derail the thread. Just refrain from posting in that thread, or flag any posts if necessary.

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. In other words, please keep ironic posts out of this discussion. Thanks.

• I for one after that initial disdain, got excited got this. If you didn't know I'm a veteran Minecraft player, starting since 1.2

• Does anyone know if Minecon has live streams?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

From what i have read on the internet other minecons had live streams so it's highly likely this one will also have some.

Does anyone know if Minecon has live streams?

• Still most likely not buying the game, but who knows maybe they will change my mind and blow me away with whatever they announce/show at Minecon.

• edited June 2015

Does anyone know when panel schedules for Minecon should be released?

• Alright I'll see what they have up their sleeves and give this a shot. If someone could just post what happens so I don't have to sit through a Minecon live stream, that'd be great.

• This is a Telltale announcement. Chances are you wont even have to wait 2 minutes before someone posts something

Alright I'll see what they have up their sleeves and give this a shot. If someone could just post what happens so I don't have to sit through a Minecon live stream, that'd be great.

• Remember when you said the same thing about Tales last summer James, and now it's your favorite Telltale game? Keep an open mind man

Still most likely not buying the game, but who knows maybe they will change my mind and blow me away with whatever they announce/show at Minecon.

• Ugh I just can't stand minecraft though. I honestly have no clue how they could make a story out of this. I'll try to keep a somewhat open mind, but I can't help, but feel time would be better devoted to more Wolf Among Us.

Remember when you said the same thing about Tales last summer James, and now it's your favorite Telltale game? Keep an open mind man

• Minecraft probably has nothing to do with Wolf S2, it's most likely just about the deals. The only reason right now that I wish Story Mode wasn't happening was so that all their other projects would release sooner, and maybe even their Marvel game (which is what I'm most hyped for rn) would release in 2016

Ugh I just can't stand minecraft though. I honestly have no clue how they could make a story out of this. I'll try to keep a somewhat open mind, but I can't help, but feel time would be better devoted to more Wolf Among Us.

• Good point.

This is a Telltale announcement. Chances are you wont even have to wait 2 minutes before someone posts something

• Christ, why can't they just finish the two series they have going on right now?

• They began teasing Tales with screenshots and a demo last summer when Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among Us were still running, it's not like they're planning on launching the first episode during Minecon. Just chill

TinyCarlos posted: »

Christ, why can't they just finish the two series they have going on right now?

• Yay! I can't wait!

OzzyUK posted: »

Telltale tweeted this. https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/615465201731678209 There is no news about panel schedules yet from Mojang but i think they will be streaming panels from Minecon.

• As posted by Blind Sniper, They are not focussing on TWDM, TFTBL, GOT, Marvel, and MC all at once, At the moment, Their Primary 2 series' are Tales and GoT.

At the moment, They MIGHT be working on Michonne and MC, But I think the Primary focus is still their 2 current series' at this point. Who knows? A lot has Changed since then.

TinyCarlos posted: »

Christ, why can't they just finish the two series they have going on right now?

• The Internet's response to this game.....Meh!

• edited June 2015

Yeah, sure. But I wish they would hold off on all sorts of development until they get TFTBL on a consistent release schedule, not chunking out episodes every four months. And actually finish the series they have going on right at this moment.

They began teasing Tales with screenshots and a demo last summer when Walking Dead S2 and Wolf Among Us were still running, it's not like they're planning on launching the first episode during Minecon. Just chill

Sign in to comment in this discussion.