Episode 3 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PS4&3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• edited June 2015

Oh god. Everyone will die (I'm in Jack team)

Alt text

• Exactly, I can excuse Jack of a disturbing amount of the horrible things he's done - but I draw the line at his treatment of Angel. There's literally nothing that can excuse it. Even if you're one of the people that buy the whole "oh but she was too dangerous, he did it to protect both her and others". Bullshit. As Angel herself says:

That's how he works - he'll try to guilt you, make you think it's your fault. Don't listen.

He's a master manipulator.

Deadpoolian posted: »

And by the sound of that echo in BL2, she was imprisoned at a very young age, long before the events of BL1. The first 1:15 of this video is

• edited June 2015

Damn straight. That boy's so convincing, he even convinces himself.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great character and I love the guy, but........I am still capable of accepting that he's a monster, and he willingly made himself into that (and he's not even conflicted about it; he literally enjoys being a monster more than being a decent human being. Exhibit A, his reaction after killing the Meriff. He was willing to let him live, but......he got off on killing him.). Other people may have contributed to making him WORSE, but he was always bad.

Exactly, I can excuse Jack of a disturbing amount of the horrible things he's done - but I draw the line at his treatment of Angel. There's

• Right here! So many things I'm looking forward to! Not to mention the possibility of actually getting a decent vampire RPG......we haven't seen one of those since Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (in all it's flawed magnificence).

Who else is feeling dat #E3 hyyyype?

• vampire rpg?...tell me more about that vampir-rpg of yours...

J_E_K posted: »

Right here! So many things I'm looking forward to! Not to mention the possibility of actually getting a decent vampire RPG......we haven't seen one of those since Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (in all it's flawed magnificence).

• Apparently Dontnod started development about 6 months ago on a game titled VampYr (the Y is emphasised, due to the divergent choices you can make; isn't that clever........well, it makes their point at least), set Post-WWI. You're supposed to play as a doctor during an outbreak of Spanish influenza, and are infected with vampiirism (somehow or other; it was unclear whether or not one of your patients infected you with some bizarre mutated disease that manifested as something akin to vampirism, or if an actual vampire infected you at some point). The tagline at the time was "Take Blood. Save A Life.".

I'm assuming the different playstyles? Give in to being a monster and devour your patients, or cling to your humanity and try and save them.

Interesting idea, I thought. I'm being cautiously optimistic.;)

Dracu98 posted: »

vampire rpg?...tell me more about that vampir-rpg of yours...

• Aww, Yeah! And I've got my opening credits thread ready for EP3...

Who else is stoked for episodes 3's intro hopefully its as epic as episodes 1&2!

• edited June 2015

I think it is safe to say that Moxxi´s and Lilith´s betrayal turned him into the sadistic psychopath we see in Borderlands 2 but he has always been a crazed Megalomaniac who could have easily turned into that anyway once he ruled Pandora.

I mean it really just took two betrayals and a stressful situation for him to go nuts.

There was no way that in the future nothing would have happened to turn him insane anyway. He was pretty much a ticking time bomb at this point.

Damn straight. That boy's so convincing, he even convinces himself. Don't get me wrong, he's a great character and I love the guy, but...

• I think people are overhyping this thing.

Should the episode only be a tiny micro nano bit less perfection than people expect, they´ll totally go into "WORST THING EVAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!1111!" mode.

• Honestly, who cares if choices matter that much? The important thing is that your choices change the way characters interact with you, and that changes the way you feel about certain characters, giving you a different experience. Either way, GoT and Tales are both awesome!

Leluch123 posted: »

FINALLY! Take that GoT fans! Our choice acutally matters!

• That's right Sherlock.

clap-tp posted: »

let us choose? is this a choice based game??

• It's Timothy guys...

S_O28046 posted: »

Guys.......Here's the REAL question, Who is in there?

• Well if it's anything like episode 2 then it'll somehow be even better than I expected ;)

JackMarco posted: »

I think people are overhyping this thing. Should the episode only be a tiny micro nano bit less perfection than people expect, they´ll totally go into "WORST THING EVAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!1111!" mode.

• damn that sounds like I get the chance to kill a lot of people will "helping" them. I like it!

Apparently Dontnod started development about 6 months ago on a game titled VampYr (the Y is emphasised, due to the divergent choices you can

• God, I hope so...

#SaveTimothy

Alt text

Quiff posted: »

It's Timothy guys...

• I do. You know I like to think that the way I play really matters and that my choices will lead to different out come. I mentioned that before but almost every decision you make in Got has the same out come while TfB differs at stuff

Suzy222 posted: »

Honestly, who cares if choices matter that much? The important thing is that your choices change the way characters interact with you, and t

• and only 2 left for new trailer!

• What!? Trailer this Tuesday!? :D

and only 2 left for new trailer!

• Well I think so, it came for Ep2 week before the realease so I think we should except one too

Poogers555 posted: »

What!? Trailer this Tuesday!?

• At e3 it might be shown, but what i know....they can mention it,or maybe show it as a tales news.

Well I think so, it came for Ep2 week before the realease so I think we should except one too

• I love Gortys bot....

Alt text

But not as much as Claptrap!

Alt text

• The dude's got a nice TV. Just sayin.

OzzyUK posted: »

It looks like things might be different depending on what ending you picked. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/610013856639770624

• The choices actually tailor the game this time! Thats like 20 less gaming sins right there!

• You sir, just made me smile. I give you a like for that. :)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

The choices actually tailor the game this time! Thats like 20 less gaming sins right there!

• Must. Obey. Jack.

I'm sorry did I say something?

Exactly, I can excuse Jack of a disturbing amount of the horrible things he's done - but I draw the line at his treatment of Angel. There's

• Only one choice tailor the game.Or maybe more idk.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

The choices actually tailor the game this time! Thats like 20 less gaming sins right there!

• Oy I wanted to say that, but oh hell yess :D

Alt text

• Why is everyone so astonished with the Hollow Point-Old Haven choice, it's nothing TWAU haven't done three times already.

Hollow Point and Old Haven choice. When I first saw that choice, I honestly didn't expect that it would suddenly change the whole narrative.

• I think trailer will be on Thursday.

and only 2 left for new trailer!

• Use pictures with her updated look. She looks more adorable there. <3

Alt text

MasterStone posted: »

I love Gortys bot.... But not as much as Claptrap!

• you failed to understand a very simple joke, congrats

Quiff posted: »

That's right Sherlock.

• Huh, it says most people went to old haven... That can't be right. We all know that almost everyone chose hollowpoint. And told Vaughn about Handsome Jack. Either those stats have changed, or it is a glitch...

Deadpoolian posted: »

Are the episode stats currently glitched right now or something? Was checking out the stats on PS4 and looks like some of the results are showing up backwards. Like it's saying 72.2% of players sided with Jack. Which would be awesome, if true. :P

• I looove that glowing Tv screen. looks pretty futuristic.

OzzyUK posted: »

It looks like things might be different depending on what ending you picked. https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/610013856639770624

• edited June 2015

Kawaii!

Pipas posted: »

Use pictures with her updated look. She looks more adorable there.

• Waiting for Episode 3 trailer be like

Alt text

• personally, i have both games. but GOT doesn't compare with TFTBL.... i didnt once felt satisfied with a decision i made on GOT, yet TFTBL did.. and i hope episode 3 continue on the path! i trusted jack and i'm curious what'l happen :D

Lewsblake23 posted: »

A lot of us here are fans of both games, y'know.

• OMG YES! i have a hate/love thing with vampires in games. nothing can compare to bloodlines. all felt cheesy and not good honestly. its time for a good vampire game!! plus who's making it? all i know is that dontnod who made life is strange is doing one. but i dont know if there is another one coming beside it maybe?

Right here! So many things I'm looking forward to! Not to mention the possibility of actually getting a decent vampire RPG......we haven't seen one of those since Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines (in all it's flawed magnificence).

• edited June 2015

Alright, I gotta admit, you make a good point.

But they executed it a lot better this time and our choice do matter because there is an effect.

If Rhys decides to go to Hollow Point, we switch to playing Fiona again. His presence in Hollow Point allows Loader Bot to come and save Fiona and Sasha from Athena. After that they are off to Old Heaven together.

If Rhys goes to Old Heaven, we instead keep playing as Rhys as he enters the Atlas Facility. Fiona has to handle Athena without the presence of Loader Bot. She gets an opportunity to meet Janey Spring and steal Athena's shield.

Unlike with TWAU, which feels linear with this approach, the one in episode 2, are two different paths that leads to the same point.

Golthar posted: »

Why is everyone so astonished with the Hollow Point-Old Haven choice, it's nothing TWAU haven't done three times already.

• Hopefully at E3 ;)

Poogers555 posted: »

Waiting for Episode 3 trailer be like

Sign in to comment in this discussion.