Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about, The Wolf Among Us

Comments

• The Jersey Devil in Episode 5 has reused sounds from Jurassic Park: The Game, specifically, the Troodon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdB9ZoWYaL0

• When you have the choice to kill Dum it will either say

You choose to spare Dum
    You killed Dum
    Or
    You let dum live.

The last one gives me chills.

• After Faith's death, Bigby asks the magic mirror where Faith is and instead of saying she's dead it replies with "these lips are sealed". Implying that possibly, Faith is still alive :)

• Hmm, if you think about it this proves that at the end Nerissa is actually Faith rather than the other way round.

• Sshhhhh.

DoubleJump posted: »

lol kinda bending the laws of physics here. The couch would immediately come crashing down on him before he moves under it or at the very least the beginning of his roll the second he lets go of the couch.

• Steve Leiaoha was actually an illustrator for more than the first volume.

Schornforce posted: »

The names of creators of the Fables comics are sprinkled about: In the Butcher's shop, one of the sandwiches listed is a "Willingham and ch

• Bigby smokes quite a bit, but it's not actually because he's a "chain smoker" or anything like that. He actually does this (as revealed in the Fables comic) so he can dull his senses and not smell and hear everything about the people around him (third Fables volume).

• This is very important especially for people that make dumb threads about Bigby's smoking.

UCAAV29784 posted: »

Bigby smokes quite a bit, but it's not actually because he's a "chain smoker" or anything like that. He actually does this (as revealed in t

• We know TWAU takes place in 1986, and to be more specific it takes place in July, judging from my super technically advanced screenshot:

Alt text

• Thanks for all the explanatory notes, I wouldn't be able to tell who's who otherwise.

Jacol posted: »

We know TWAU takes place in 1986, and to be more specific it takes place in July, judging from my super technically advanced screenshot:

• Maybe it was the last day of June? ;3

HazzatheMan posted: »

That's odd, the guy on the radio at the beginning of Episode 1 says "It's the hottest ever in June" I guess mix-ups do happen though :P

• That's odd, the guy on the radio at the beginning of Episode 1 says "It's the hottest ever in June"

I guess mix-ups do happen though :P

We know TWAU takes place in 1986, and to be more specific it takes place in July, judging from my super technically advanced screenshot:

• Could've been :P

Poogers555 posted: »

Maybe it was the last day of June? ;3

• super technically advanced screenshot

Hmm...

• When you're standing over Georgie after choosing, quote, "[Kill Him]", waiting long enough will lock you out of that choice, and the game makes you walk away instead. You don't get to click a "back out" button. I think that's a very poor narrative oversight and makes Bigby appear incredibly weak of character. Let us have a moment, jeez.

• yeah thats what I think :) i guess only season 2 will tell, if it ever happens.. :'(

Losing hope on a season 2

Flog61 posted: »

Hmm, if you think about it this proves that at the end Nerissa is actually Faith rather than the other way round.

• edited May 2015

There's a funny unused Bigby line in EP2 during the room 207 investigation. He says: "It looks like some kind of weird sex toy to me."

And there's unused audio in EP5 of Bloody Mary during her fight with Bigby. I couldn't find Bigby's responses, but this is what Bloody Mary says:

"Haha, I don't sneak, Wolfie. I like to toy with my prey. Let them know I'm there, and watch them listen to the sound of their own heartbeat as they wait for me to strike!"

And also, "Where's the challenge in sneaking? I want them to know what's hunting them."

She also counts to 4, like it's before she's going to attack.

• Maybe the BM fight was going to involve a game of hide and seek, with Mary trying to coax you out, and Bigby (being the hunter he naturally is) had to blind-side her?... THAT would have been both fun and tense >:)

Tbh, I thought the BM fight initially was going to involve Mary as a human the entire time, and that she could beat Bigby in the 3 forms we had seen, then he just annihilates her in his Wolf form :P I didn't even consider the possibility of her having a true form!!

I've heard about a lot of content that was cut from Episodes, some of it was cut because it doesn't fit with the character personalities, other times (like Mary's dialogue that you mentioned) sounds like the concept was re-worked... I mean, Mary not speaking in her true form is creepy enough :/

There's a funny unused Bigby line in EP2 during the room 207 investigation. He says: "It looks like some kind of weird sex toy to me." An

• Actually, yesterday I've ran into a cutscene I've never seen before...

If you go to the Trip Trap/Tweedle's office in EP3 first, and then go to the Crane's Apartment, in EP4 you will have an option to face Bluebeard about burning the Crane's stuff. I thought that was cool.

• edited June 2015

Yeah. Maybe there originally was a different fight sequence? The trailer for EP5 had Bigby fighting Mary in apartment hallways. Maybe at The Crooked Man's place, Bloody Mary grabs Bigby and throws him through the mirror she came from, which transports him to the apartments. Then midway through the fight, depending on how Auntie Greenleaf was treated, she helps Bigby or not. And the fight eventually ends up at Sheppard Metalworks.

HazzatheMan posted: »

Maybe the BM fight was going to involve a game of hide and seek, with Mary trying to coax you out, and Bigby (being the hunter he naturally

• I do recall there being an elevator shown during their confrontation in the trailer...

We may never know :P

Yeah. Maybe there originally was a different fight sequence? The trailer for EP5 had Bigby fighting Mary in apartment hallways. Maybe at The

• Yup, also you can ask Bluebeard about attacking Flycatcher

Actually, yesterday I've ran into a cutscene I've never seen before... If you go to the Trip Trap/Tweedle's office in EP3 first, and then

• I didn't know where to put this, I'm not gonna search by tab for the 'meme' thread for Wolf Among Us. I was going through the game again, and this 'oops' moment made me laugh.

Alt text

Imagine them in that pose for about 5 seconds, no one saying a word.

• Oh holy shit.

Nerissa walking around with Faith's purse

• edited June 2015

Alt text

• Holy shit is right. At first, I thought it was just Telltale reusing the models in the first two screens, but then in the third screen, Nerissa has an entirely different purse hanging off her chair.

Oh holy shit.

• In the third screen that's a bra.

Alt text

Holy shit is right. At first, I thought it was just Telltale reusing the models in the first two screens, but then in the third screen, Nerissa has an entirely different purse hanging off her chair.

• Oh. I didn't see it from that angle, I guess.

In the third screen that's a bra.

• For A Crooked Mile, there are actually three ways to deal with Auntie Greenleaf instead of two. The first two choices are of whether or not to burn her tree, burning her tree leaves her without livelihood, and leaving it allows her to continue her illegal glamours. However, if you pick a certain dialogue tree, you can choose to hire Auntie Greenleaf, move her to the Thirteenth Floor, and still allow her to keep her tree.

• I can't see what I did there.

• Don't go straight to Nerissa in Act 2 when Georgie is on the phone trying to lodge a complaint against you. Instead examine the floor safe first. There's a wad of cash in there, which you can take. If you gave Faith money in the first Act, you will find your own 58 dollars there as well.

• edited July 2015

I always thought it was funny and ironic that Bigby smokes cigarettes yet has amazing breathing abilities.

Also, if you break Georgie's cigarette machine in EP2, you can get some cigarettes from it.

• edited July 2015

By pure chance, I found Brannigan's last name in an online thesaurus. I looked up the meaning in a more thorough online dictionary.

1. a noisy or confused quarrel
    2. a drinking spree; a binge

The jig's up, Telltale! Bring back Brannigan!

• In EP4 when Bigby is being notified about Nerissa waiting in his office, Colin asks "That broad from the Puddin'n'Pie?"

Well, did anybody ever wondered why does a pig know about a pole dancer from the strip club? Ekhm... isn't it a bit weird?

• Colin gets around...

In EP4 when Bigby is being notified about Nerissa waiting in his office, Colin asks "That broad from the Puddin'n'Pie?" Well, did anybody ever wondered why does a pig know about a pole dancer from the strip club? Ekhm... isn't it a bit weird?

• Well Bigby only smokes to weaken his sense of smell, if he didn't smoke so heavily I imagine his sense of smell would drive him crazy.

I always thought it was funny and ironic that Bigby smokes cigarettes yet has amazing breathing abilities. Also, if you break Georgie's cigarette machine in EP2, you can get some cigarettes from it.

• Yeah in the comics Bigby talks about how he can smell for miles or something like that

AgentZ46 posted: »

Well Bigby only smokes to weaken his sense of smell, if he didn't smoke so heavily I imagine his sense of smell would drive him crazy.

• More proof that "Faith" you meet is actually Nerissa this whole time, yes.

• Wow. It explains why he can't afford a glamour, he spends it all on whores. :v

In EP4 when Bigby is being notified about Nerissa waiting in his office, Colin asks "That broad from the Puddin'n'Pie?" Well, did anybody ever wondered why does a pig know about a pole dancer from the strip club? Ekhm... isn't it a bit weird?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.