Opinions about episode 3

So, what do you guys think about it? I personally enjoyed it very much, it's got a special vibe and the story is moving in a really interesting way. It took 3 damn months but it was worth it. I give it 9.5/10.

Comments

• Let me quote this dialogue: - Awesome - Awesome - Awesome... - Awesome. (?) Awesome... :D

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I added a spoiler tag to the thread so that people don't get spoilt by accident.

I really enjoyed this episode as it had some great funny moments and some serious ones, i really liked the Gordys core and some of her random chats with Loader Bot :D.

I would rate this episode 10/10

• "Good riddence then!"

Gortys is the super cutest.

Sorry, Claptrap.

Actually, scratch that. I'm not sorry.

• I liked everything but the way the shipping went. But I still thought it was a really fun and cool episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

• I felt a little awkard with Sasha, but the bridge scene was golden nonetheless.

udc24 posted: »

I liked everything but the way the shipping went. But I still thought it was a really fun and cool episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

• I have literally just finished it this second and my only reaction was:

WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!?!

And I mean that in the best possible way... I just... there was so much to process. What an action-packed ep!

BUT I NEED THE NEXT EPISODE, LIKE, TOMORROW!

I will post more in-depth thoughts soon, but right now I'm still reeling.

Overall though, killer episode TT - and I get the feeling it'll only get better during different playthroughs.

100% worth the wait.

And randomly inserting the Tector shot into the (awesome Hyperion propaganda themed) episode 4 preview was the perfect ending to an already perfect episode. I laughed so hard!

• I think this has become Telltale's best series, it is just awsome. Also i assume the events with Athena then leads into the opening of the Pre-Sequel

• The reveal trailer shows the official timeline. Even has Handsome Jack saying it all. Who's memory DOESN'T that burn into?

hansen82 posted: »

I think this has become Telltale's best series, it is just awsome. Also i assume the events with Athena then leads into the opening of the Pre-Sequel

• Also, if you let Jack take over your cybernetics you get the chance to be extremely rude with Sasha. In fact Jack takes over Rhys'entire body transforming him in Handome Rhys, for s couple of minutes. That's not to lose.

udc24 posted: »

I liked everything but the way the shipping went. But I still thought it was a really fun and cool episode and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes next.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

You also get the "Jack-Apedia" for your echo eye if you choose Jack and it will give you funny alternate information when you scan things :P

• I know the feeling, can't wait to see Rhys take over Helios and do something so crappy to get Fiona and co. Extremely pissed.

I have literally just finished it this second and my only reaction was: WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK!?! And I mean that in the best possible

• Wait - you only get the Jack-Apedia if you chose him?!

Okay, that alone makes it a million times worth the choice!

What about him just chilling out on the mushroom and stuff when you view it from the Echo-Eye?

I think I may do a second playthrough tonight - I'm so curious what other changes there are.

OzzyUK posted: »

You also get the "Jack-Apedia" for your echo eye if you choose Jack and it will give you funny alternate information when you scan things :P

• I audibly gasped when Gortys pointed to Elpis - and then I was like, wait you idiot, you already knew they were back on Helios for episode four.

Still, I'm massively pumped to head back there - and genuinely intrigued why a piece of Atlas technology would be on Elpis!

I know the feeling, can't wait to see Rhys take over Helios and do something so crappy to get Fiona and co. Extremely pissed.

• And let's not forget the 'Hotness scale" given for every character.

Wait - you only get the Jack-Apedia if you chose him?! Okay, that alone makes it a million times worth the choice! What about him just

• We've got a lot of ehhhhhh things to do and watch.

I audibly gasped when Gortys pointed to Elpis - and then I was like, wait you idiot, you already knew they were back on Helios for episode f

• So... is there something building between Rhys and Sasha or...?

• "Back so soon? What's the rush?"

Alt text

• Ahaha, yes! Everyone except Athena which reminded me of this:

Alt textAlt text

And let's not forget the 'Hotness scale" given for every character.

• Depends which choices you picked...

However, I believe Jack blew any semblance of a chance my Rhys had .

Echopapa posted: »

So... is there something building between Rhys and Sasha or...?

• Alt text

ABigBadWolf posted: »

"Back so soon? What's the rush?"

• Watch there be a three month wait in between all episodes. :^)

• That freakin' timeline will be the death of me...

The MAIN GAME of TPS is set before both BL2 and Tales - yes.

But the Athena interrogation/narration scenes that BOOKEND TPS are set at an indeterminate time after BL2 - considering Athena was brought to Lilith by Brick and Mordi (after severely kicking their butts), it is very, very, VERY likely that Catch a Ride has just shown how she was captured, making the official timeline look like this:

BL1 > TPS MAIN GAME > BL2 > TALES > TPS INTRO/OUTRO

bigdogg0821 posted: »

The reveal trailer shows the official timeline. Even has Handsome Jack saying it all. Who's memory DOESN'T that burn into?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I don't want to spoil too much to give people chance to play both versions but there is another "soon" joke if you choose Fiona at the end of episode 2 and select the right dialogue option in episode 3.

"Back so soon? What's the rush?"

• I chose Fiona... what's the dialogue option you have to click?

I don't want to spoil too much to give people chance to play both versions but there is another "soon" joke if you choose Fiona at the end of episode 2 and select the right dialogue option in episode 3.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2015

When Loader Bot is moving the debris from the door select the dialogue option soon. If we're lucky and Loader bot will make a sarcastic comment about the word "soon", i think this will only work if you don't tell him to self district.

I recorded a video of it.

Just a warning it does have a possibly major spoiler for the Fiona choice which can't be removed from the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Xo4fbOJqo

I chose Fiona... what's the dialogue option you have to click?

• Well, I did put the flower in her hair, compliment her and all that jazz.

Everything was going so well until Jack slapped her booty -.-

Depends which choices you picked... However, I believe Jack blew any semblance of a chance my Rhys had .

• ...I'm tempted to say the wait was worth it just for this joke. Thanks a lot!

When Loader Bot is moving the debris from the door select the dialogue option soon. If we're lucky and Loader bot will make a sarcastic comm

• Yep - he's the ultimate AI cockblocker... >_<

Well, I did put the flower in her hair, compliment her and all that jazz. Everything was going so well until Jack slapped her booty -.-

• Well I still want them to bang so... please forgive me?

Yep - he's the ultimate AI cockblocker... >_<

• stirpicusstirpicus Telltale Alumni

yayyyy I was wondering how long it would take for someone here on the forums to find that joke. :)

When Loader Bot is moving the debris from the door select the dialogue option soon. If we're lucky and Loader bot will make a sarcastic comm

• Totally!

Even I was like, "dammit HJ - 2 and a half episodes worth of careful relationship building decimated by 30 seconds of Jackassery!"

Well I still want them to bang so... please forgive me?

• Please tell me I'm not the only one who genuinely fell for that. Yes, it seemed completely un-Tales-like (I actually yelled, "this isn't TWD!"), and it seemed so bizarre to me that Sasha would sacrifice herself, but when she let go my heart sank...

...and then I laughed at my gullibility - I'm more like Rhys than I care to admit.

I felt a little awkard with Sasha, but the bridge scene was golden nonetheless.

• Jackassery... I see what you did there ;)

Totally! Even I was like, "dammit HJ - 2 and a half episodes worth of careful relationship building decimated by 30 seconds of Jackassery!"

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I felt the same, that scene was really funny once i realised she was joking.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who genuinely fell for that. Yes, it seemed completely un-Tales-like (I actually yelled, "this isn't TWD

• Yeah, I picked that too. From now if we get a "Soon" instead of episode, I'm using this.

Alt text

• This episode was amazing. Few things.

RIP Fiona's hat.

RIP Vasquez.

RIP Loader Bot's legs. ;_;

Gortys is adorable.

Moments with Sasha were super sweet.

WHERE'S VAUGHN?!

I'm really excited for the next episode. Looks like Yvette will finally get more screentime. I see that random Hodunks shot has become a running gag. I wouldn't even be surprised if they didn't appear in the next episodes as well. And then after the credits of episode 5 there'll be a post-credit scene where Jimbo plays on banjo or something.

Also I'm a bit disappointed that Athena didn't even mention that I took her shield. And the notification said she would REALLY remember that. :(

• Oh you're not, when she fell I was like "No goddamit I wanted the romance to happen!" And then I saw her, and I was like "oh... She just... Ok..." And so the "real frantic" evening went on. Luckily I trusted Fiona in my main playthrough.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who genuinely fell for that. Yes, it seemed completely un-Tales-like (I actually yelled, "this isn't TWD

• Is Vasquez always dead? Regardless what you say to Vallory?

Pipas posted: »

This episode was amazing. Few things. RIP Fiona's hat. RIP Vasquez. RIP Loader Bot's legs. ;_; Gortys is adorable. Moments wi

• I guess, but I blamed him. So it's kinda my fault? Oops.

Is Vasquez always dead? Regardless what you say to Vallory?

• I don't trust Vaughn :P

Pipas posted: »

This episode was amazing. Few things. RIP Fiona's hat. RIP Vasquez. RIP Loader Bot's legs. ;_; Gortys is adorable. Moments wi

Sign in to comment in this discussion.