Opinions about episode 3

Comments

• Ok, played through... I loved it! Hype restored.

I went all Jack for my main save, so the lengthy chat I got to have with him to reestablish my loyalty, and the Jack-Pedia... AWESOME. I also wasn't aware you only got the Jack echo-eye stuff when you sided with him, so... REALLY AWESOME, haha. :D I'm happy.

Well, I didn't really like the Rhysha shipping, but I'm rather against player character shipping in general where the player doesn't at least get to choose. I was never very friendly with Sasha in this save file, so the 'mood' stuff felt rather weird... but I kept the flower for myself, and then HJ did his thing, anyway, so... But I still can't quite figure out if they're pushing Rhysha or Augusta.

Also, wth is going on with Rhys' eye... I thought it was clear but now I'm confused.

Sorry, just my disjointed commentary straight out of a playthrough, I'm really excited right now... :P

• Die in a fire :D :D

;_;

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Watch there be a three month wait in between all episodes. :^)

• Does anyone else love the fact that Rhys is scared of heights... just like Timothy?

• I guess that Rhys' eye stays amber only when he is directly controlled by Jack and is still conscious, while when Jack stops controlling Rhys the latter still retains some upgrades that practically merge him and Jack even more than usual. Eventually in episode 4 we'll find out why he now constantly has an amber eye and a new bionic arm. (Ah yeah, and a new haircut of course)

Ok, played through... I loved it! Hype restored. I went all Jack for my main save, so the lengthy chat I got to have with him to reestabl

• Wait a minute, you need to consider that Tales too is divided in two macro stories, the actual one and the one told by Rhys and Fiona, so the latter is set before TPS intro/outro, that's for sure, but I think that the actual one is set either during or even after TPS intro/outro

That freakin' timeline will be the death of me... The MAIN GAME of TPS is set before both BL2 and Tales - yes. But the Athena interrog

• but I'm so nice. </3

Die in a fire ;_;

• Yeah, you're probably right... I'll have to play again, less spontaneously, and paying attention to all the details, but I could have sworn Rhys' eye periodically changed color in the 'modern' parts of the ep? Or I may be confused, don't mind me, just so hyped rn, haha... But they've both got great hair. And are hot. And BFFs.

Ok, I'm drunk on platonic Jack-love.

Anyone else side with Jack and yet steadily refuse to shoot Loaderbot every time?

I guess that Rhys' eye stays amber only when he is directly controlled by Jack and is still conscious, while when Jack stops controlling Rhy

• Don't you gaslight me, you dream crusher, you... ;_;

but I'm so nice. </3

• Oh God, you're totally right - I always forget that.

So it goes:

BL1 >TPS MAIN GAME > BL2 > TALES MAIN GAME > TPS INTRO/OUTRO > TALES 'PRESENT' SCENES

:brain explodes:

Wait a minute, you need to consider that Tales too is divided in two macro stories, the actual one and the one told by Rhys and Fiona, so t

• Wait, so what happens if you've taken Athena's shield - does she just have another one or do you give it back?

Pipas posted: »

This episode was amazing. Few things. RIP Fiona's hat. RIP Vasquez. RIP Loader Bot's legs. ;_; Gortys is adorable. Moments wi

• I'm just being realistic. :))))

Don't you gaslight me, you dream crusher, you... ;_;

• That makes it worse... Just let me live in fantasy land, where Jack is a hero and the episodes come every week...

I'm just being realistic. )))

• Next week's gonna be a heartbreak.

That makes it worse... Just let me live in fantasy land, where Jack is a hero and the episodes come every week...

• Neither of the two, she recovers the one Fiona had taken away from her by making it fly away from the ride.

Wait, so what happens if you've taken Athena's shield - does she just have another one or do you give it back?

• It always is... But, soon...

Next week's gonna be a heartbreak.

• Who really isn't drunk on Platonic Jack-love? Seriously, I know that Jack is just using me because I'm basically the closest thing to bringing him back to life, but I just can't refuse his friendship XD. (Even though I was careful enough not to allow him access to my cybernetics in my original playthrough)

Yeah, you're probably right... I'll have to play again, less spontaneously, and paying attention to all the details, but I could have sworn

• Yes! It just makes me want to see those two interact even more - they'd be the best of friends!

Also, I got ridiculously excited about who was inhabiting the Atlas terraforma - think about it, it was a mysterious, abandoned building that seemingly no one knew about, in the middle of nowhere, that had clearly been turned into a home by someone - it was the perfect place for someone to go into hiding. Someone who was in a self-imposed exile? Someone with a ridiculously recognisable face? Someone like TIMMY?

With only 2 episodes left there are only 2 more chances to bring him back, 2 more chances to say he's okay, 2 more chances to:

#SaveTimothy

And let's face it what better place than Helios to feature him? A carefully placed personnel file, a name plaque on an empty office, an offhand comment from Jack about getting 'his' body back - or even (be still my beating heart) a meeting with the man himself?

Does anyone else love the fact that Rhys is scared of heights... just like Timothy?

• Haha, I let him all in. No regrets. Wait, so you really don't get Jack-Apedia if you snub him? Would you mind telling me what else is very different? I can do different choices, but snubbing Jack is not something I've managed so far.. :P

Who really isn't drunk on Platonic Jack-love? Seriously, I know that Jack is just using me because I'm basically the closest thing to bringi

• Well, the beginning of the episode is completely different, Vaughn gets paralyzed and he can't move or talk until you meet Cassius, Rhys gets no little robot, Jack is a bit of a prick with Rhys when still on the way to the Dome and talks about how he's never going to survive if he doesn't take the right decisions and how he wants Rhys to trust him, Jack never gets control over Rhys' body after he falls from the elevator and finally when Rhys wakes up after Vallory's shot the missiles Jack is less friendly.

Haha, I let him all in. No regrets. Wait, so you really don't get Jack-Apedia if you snub him? Would you mind telling me what else is very different? I can do different choices, but snubbing Jack is not something I've managed so far.. :P

• edited June 2015

I wonder if someone happens to have a screenshot of Jack saying "What the hell is that?"
    I really need it.

• Oh, thanks, that's quite different, haha.

Since I'm devoted to HJ, I doubt I'll actually explore those particular choices myself, like, ever. I can do much bipolar stuff, but opposing Jack? That's where I draw the line. It won't end well for me either, I fear...

Well, the beginning of the episode is completely different, Vaughn gets paralyzed and he can't move or talk until you meet Cassius, Rhys get

• I tried to get one but I was laughing so hard that I missed it by a fraction of a second - I only got it in my second playthrough - it shows how much awesome stuff you miss if you only play it once!

I wonder if someone happens to have a screenshot of Jack saying "What the hell is that?" I really need it.

• edited June 2015

I thought the episode was pretty awesome!

Positives:

-That intro montage of the gang traveling was so great.

-Gortys is adorable and I love the friendship she has with Loader Bot.

-Loved the whole Jack-Apedia thing when scanning stuff.

-Buying outfits.

-Super awesome action.

-Super funny.

-Choices truly feel like they matter.

-Seeing the capture of Athena that leads to her telling the story of TPS back in Sanctuary.

-WE'RE HEADING TO HELIOS.

Negatives:

-Romance with Sasha felt really forced. Seemed like every dialog option was trying to nudge you into it.

-STILL NO CLAPTRAP.

-Not enough Jack. :P

Edit- I ALMOST FORGOT. My favorite part was when Jack pointed up at the "...will remember this" message and was like "What the hell was that?"

• Hey guys does any of you know what does Sasha say if you say that the whole jungle setting looks "romantic"? I've done it once, but after seeing that you have to do that twice I couldn't bring myself to do so, too embarrassed.

• The notification says "Sasha hopefully won't remember that" and I was cringing and laughing the whole time because Rhys was trying so hard to cover up that one of the possible choices was something alone the lines of "I said real frantic instead of romantic" and then Sasha was so confused the entire time. I'd rather not go into detail because (despite being embarrassing) it was seriously hillarious, definitely worth seeing. I'll probably go through the other options later.

Hey guys does any of you know what does Sasha say if you say that the whole jungle setting looks "romantic"? I've done it once, but after seeing that you have to do that twice I couldn't bring myself to do so, too embarrassed.

• talk about a short episode, too bad telltale is busy with tales from minecraft and HBO's the game of thrones rpg maker, see you all in 6 months for episode 4!

• That's indeed what I've chosen to not say "romantic" the second time, it was great, but I'm still curious to know how she reacts if you say "romantic" the second time too.

The notification says "Sasha hopefully won't remember that" and I was cringing and laughing the whole time because Rhys was trying so hard t

• Please don't tell me I was the only one who ran into a glitch in the beginning? I chose Fiona at the end of Episode Two, and during the sneaking-up-on-boxes-to-avoid-the-laser-turret-thing sequence (I assume choosing Jack would have a different plotline), I was prompted to save Rhys, and then the entire sneaking sequence reset and Rhys' model disappeared and only flashed for split seconds. And then Rhys was fighting off the man while the sneaking sequence played out without Rhys, it was definitely weird. I restarted the section and everything was normal again, but it's definitely something to check out since there might even be more day one glitches.

• I loved the beginning, the middle kinda dragged, and the ending was kinda slow. But overall I loved it. I really liked the intro montage. Also talking with jack on the roof was just really cool. Also, Fiona slow-mo hour :P

• It's equally awkward. She says "that's what I thought you said..." and kind of trails off and Rhys freaks out and tries to change the subject and you get the same notification.

That's indeed what I've chosen to not say "romantic" the second time, it was great, but I'm still curious to know how she reacts if you say "romantic" the second time too.

• There's a second time? :o I'll definitely have to check that out.

That's indeed what I've chosen to not say "romantic" the second time, it was great, but I'm still curious to know how she reacts if you say "romantic" the second time too.

• I loved the episode so much, but I don't know why Telltale sort of forced Rhys to be with Sasha and were forcing romance options down our throats. I just hope they're more considerate of other peoples ships next episode ;___;

Other then that and some INSANELY weird glitches 9.5/10 I loved it ^-^

• Well, here it is, if somebody needs it too.

Dang it, Jack is truly Handsome.

Alt text

• Also, changing Fiona, Rhys, Sasha, and Vaughns appearance was awesome, got Rhys a cool red arm and Fiona some new gear.

• After this Episode I don't fucking care if Episode 4 comes out in 2016! Okay I do fucking care But my point is Telltale worked their fucking butt off on this episode! It's so damned Polished!

Watch there be a three month wait in between all episodes. :^)

• edited June 2015

My reaction when Vasquez got shot and the ending!

Alt text

• I'm still inexplicably saving my money in my main save - but in my second save I gave EVERYONE the most expensive upgrades.

They looked so damn ridiculous (but in the best way) - can't wait to see my tiger stripe Loader Bot riding on top of my Scooter Special caravan (so. damn. tacky.)!

Poogers555 posted: »

Also, changing Fiona, Rhys, Sasha, and Vaughns appearance was awesome, got Rhys a cool red arm and Fiona some new gear.

• I got like 110 minutes, not bad and it felt WAY LONGER than Episode 2!

talk about a short episode, too bad telltale is busy with tales from minecraft and HBO's the game of thrones rpg maker, see you all in 6 months for episode 4!

• Ooh, can someone please tell me what the notification for skipping the credits was?

My douchebag playthrough is on my iOS save so I have to wait until Thursday.

• The ending was Slow?!

Poogers555 posted: »

I loved the beginning, the middle kinda dragged, and the ending was kinda slow. But overall I loved it. I really liked the intro montage. Also talking with jack on the roof was just really cool. Also, Fiona slow-mo hour :P

Sign in to comment in this discussion.