Telltale trying to force ships?

Comments

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited June 2015

The even funnier thing is the fact that one of the guys who wrote this episode actually co-wrote Amid The Ruins

So I guess that means Lilac's post was an unintended stealth insult

Green613 posted: »

It's not like they went off to go pork while on guard duty or something after hanging out after a few hours. I mean who'd ever do something stupid as that? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA

• Oh the Jane memories..
    TeamKenny all the way, but that aside..

But I agree! It was pretty Obvious something was happening between the two if you picked your choices right. If not, it could have been seen as a bit of an awkward 'nothing-is-really-happening-here' scene. And that's why I love this episode ^~^

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I didn't have any problems with the stuff they did with Rhys and Sasha. All they did was talk and bond over scary jellyfish things and it wa

• Yes... it's also going to affect the future of Borderlands. Can you really have that many determinant things going on?

Poogers555 posted: »

But its a game about choices.

• Hi, forum lurker here! : ) I just wanted to throw in my two cents on the off chance Telltale will take it into consideration. I absolutely love this series, but as petty as it sounds I just CANNOT stand the forced SashaxRhys. Don't get me wrong, I very much enjoy their interactions as friends. They were cute in the big brother/little sister sense and felt reminiscent of Clementine and Luke (don't even mention Cluke, ughh). The first time I played, I thought Sasha was 16-17 years old and still cannot unsee it due to her looking and acting like a teenager. I'm honestly not picky when it comes to pairings - Fiona/VaughnxRhys, everyone stays plantonic friends, whatever! - but SashaxRhys gives me the hebbiejeebies enough that soured my gaming experience.

Again, I admit it's petty and I do not speak for everyone playing but if they just have to add in SashaxRhys I'd greatly appreciate that they make it more optional. I love Rhys and Sasha as friends and was bothered that the only choices were between flirting or playing dumb/being rude.

• Choices you make for a CHARACTER you play. Not for what YOU as yourself would do in such a situation.
    People keep forgetting you play as someone, and that person has their own personality and ideas. Even if you get to pick from a list of 4 options xD

Poogers555 posted: »

But its a game about choices.

• edited June 2015

well apparently according to the plot Rhys trusts whatsherface now, just like(according to the plot) Fiona isn't scared of female captain America anymore, both of these things limit your... freedom of character interpretation a bit, but it's necessary for the plot not to get complicated

i don't find characters' sexualities an issue, this isn't a Bioware rpg, considering how much time they threw on that scene, i guess Rhys maybe sort of having a thing for Sasha may be important later on (half that scene was Rhys teasing Sasha about August in my playtrough btw, which is perfect for trying to remove that antagonist by pushing Sasha onto him)

besides, for every dialogue branch writers only have 3 (4 with the "...") options, i guess they thought the ones they put would've been the ones most people'd have liked?

Green613 posted: »

Choosing personalities is one thing, choosing who you trust, how your attitude is, and what your sexuality is, is a completely different ballgame

• both sides? as in rhyiona and rhysha? did i not mention i'm a lesbian? i don't want to be forced into either.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Okay... let me just say a few things. And don't pay attention to my avatar. I've been on both sides of this type of stuff now. If telltale m

• This! You know how much less rant there would be if Rhyiona was the case right now? People are so... biased.... right...

Cyanistic posted: »

Choices you make for a CHARACTER you play. Not for what YOU as yourself would do in such a situation. People keep forgetting you play as so

• You know how much less I'd care for their relationship, given Rhys and Sasha are totes adorable together? xD
    I am sure Telltale could've pulled a Rhyiona relationship off and make me care about the two, but I just feel like Sasha feels so much better. Plus, you keep the whole 'group spirit' feeling together by not placing the two out of the group.

This! You know how much less rant there would be if Rhyiona was the case right now? People are so... biased.... right...

• what part are you talking about exactly, didnt felt force at all

• Oh come on, its not forced. If it was there would be no way out of it, but there was a way - you just don't like it.

• Literally nothing is forcing you to do anything. You can stick with the googly-eyed playthrough, and nobody would blame you. :x
    Also, I don't understand how you being a lesbian would have any impact on you not wanting to be forced into watching a straight relationship bloom. xD

rivaini posted: »

both sides? as in rhyiona and rhysha? did i not mention i'm a lesbian? i don't want to be forced into either.

• I thought it was cute. Shrugs

• this gave me the common cold

Literally nothing is forcing you to do anything. You can stick with the googly-eyed playthrough, and nobody would blame you. :x Also, I don

• Why would I need a new name? I mean, yeah, I am dead. That doesn't mean I need a new name tho!
    I was thinking about it, what about Vallory? You know, character he's using the name of gets killed uses the name of the killer, because why not?

Dude I think you need a new name. Just a random thing I thought I should point out. :P

• Yeah. Because it's totally weird for somebody to call you out on a crappy argument for not wanting to be forced into liking something, and then giving their actual opinion on the subject, right? :P
    It's like saying that I'm a vegetarian, so I find the comment handsome Jack makes about a kitten fighting ring inappropriate.
    (FYI, I found it hilarious, and laughed my butt off :x)

this gave me the common cold

• Are you kidding me Deltino? XD I'm one of the few people that actually laughed her ass off at that scene. It was the best thing ever! I think I wept tears it was so funny. And then Luke's outburst at Kenny when he raised his voice, it sounded so unintentionally funny I laughed again. I'm laughing now just writing it out!

But I am serious though, I have no problem with what they did with the bonding stuff in Catch a Ride. There's a game called Enslaved Odyssey to West that's has this really special bond form between these two characters, and it's so subtle and well done that by the end you just believe that these two really care about each other without much needing to be said.

I think that's why I enjoyed those little moments, it made me think of that game.

Deltino posted: »

The even funnier thing is the fact that one of the guys who wrote this episode actually co-wrote Amid The Ruins So I guess that means Lilac's post was an unintended stealth insult

• I thought it was cool that they offered it as an option for people who wanted it, but I agree that they did push for it a bit much (like directly telling people to pick a flower without giving an option not to, unless you awkwardly waited around doing nothing for some time). As others said, the options were either flirty or forced awkwardness. I think they easily could've made it to where players could choose between flirting or just opening up and being friendly in general without running the general light-hearted mood of the scene..

• you really can't see why a gay person wouldn't want to be forced into a straight relationship? really?

Yeah. Because it's totally weird for somebody to call you out on a crappy argument for not wanting to be forced into liking something, and t

• I can. I just can't see how your status as being 'gay' would have any influence on a story about a straight male falling for ANY female, is all.

you really can't see why a gay person wouldn't want to be forced into a straight relationship? really?

• when you split up and rhy and sasha are in the jungle. romantic music was playing, you could either flirt with her or be an asshole.

what part are you talking about exactly, didnt felt force at all

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

I'm one of the few people that actually laughed her ass off at that scene.

Oh okay

A stealth compliment, then

Are you kidding me Deltino? XD I'm one of the few people that actually laughed her ass off at that scene. It was the best thing ever! I thin

• But forced awkwardness feels sooo good between these two characters too~

I love it eitherway. Rhys would be the perfect awkward buddy :P

I thought it was cool that they offered it as an option for people who wanted it, but I agree that they did push for it a bit much (like dir

• I think they did the super romantic seeming scene in the jungle just as a joke. It felt so overdone and cliché it was pretty amusing, and then Jack ruins it. I thought it was pretty funny.

fauxboo posted: »

Hi, forum lurker here! : ) I just wanted to throw in my two cents on the off chance Telltale will take it into consideration. I absolutely l

• More like it =D

Deltino posted: »

I'm one of the few people that actually laughed her ass off at that scene. Oh okay A stealth compliment, then

• edited June 2015

Yeah it did. I enjoyed it :) and it's nice to know it took 3 episodes to get that far, instead of dropping it all in there in the first few minutes of them meeting.

Pre-order more cute scenes for two please XP and another Vaughn hug for the road.

But forced awkwardness feels sooo good between these two characters too~ I love it eitherway. Rhys would be the perfect awkward buddy :P

• Yes and no. I do like the fact Telltale are actually trying to put some proper romance in their games again but I will admit, while I was playing the episode all I thought was, "Bejaysus, the Rysha thread is probably going bananas right now." I do think it could've been handled a bit better but I liked the fact it's in it now nonetheless, changes things up a bit.

• ...and more Vaughn abs. Just 'cause ^-^;

Yeah it did. I enjoyed it and it's nice to know it took 3 episodes to get that far, instead of dropping it all in there in the first few minutes of them meeting. Pre-order more cute scenes for two please XP and another Vaughn hug for the road.

• I actually liked there romance and went for it. But it should be an option.

• Personally I don't understand why these fanboys/fangirls are going psycho over fictional relationships. It's pathetic and I would advise the normal fans to laugh at these people. I think Telltale has finally given in to these weirdos.

• lol

Clemenem posted: »

Personally I don't understand why these fanboys/fangirls are going psycho over fictional relationships. It's pathetic and I would advise the normal fans to laugh at these people. I think Telltale has finally given in to these weirdos.

• The real ship should be Gortys And Loader Bot.

• [removed]

Echopapa posted: »

Oh come on, its not forced. If it was there would be no way out of it, but there was a way - you just don't like it.

• Yeah! Let's bash on Echo for having the right state of mind and understanding what is happening
    Boo! Echo! Don't ever post here again with your wise-ness and intelligence!

/sarcasm

• Technosexual...

Pyro-Toxin posted: »

The real ship should be Gortys And Loader Bot.

• Oh how dare I! I have sinned!

Yeah! Let's bash on Echo for having the right state of mind and understanding what is happening Boo! Echo! Don't ever post here again with your wise-ness and intelligence! /sarcasm

• Or Finch/Kroger. Who wouldn't want Bigby making out with Lee, amiright, fellas?~

Pyro-Toxin posted: »

The real ship should be Gortys And Loader Bot.

• Maybe it's because Telltale asks us for feedback, and we are happy to provide it for them, no matter what the subject is.
    Given you have a Max/Chloë profile pic, you know one or two things about fictional relationships yourself too :P

Clemenem posted: »

Personally I don't understand why these fanboys/fangirls are going psycho over fictional relationships. It's pathetic and I would advise the normal fans to laugh at these people. I think Telltale has finally given in to these weirdos.

• edited June 2015

Quick! Scoop out his eyeballs, shoot off his arm and throw him in the kitten-fighting pit! >:U

Echopapa posted: »

Oh how dare I! I have sinned!

This discussion has been closed.