Telltale trying to force ships?

Comments

• Now I seriously want to experience a kitten fighting pit.

Cyanistic posted: »

Quick! Scoop out his eyeballs, shoot off his arm and throw him in the kitten-fighting pit! >:U

• It is basically you beating up kittens. You didn't get that 'On top of the bus, Jack explaining Henderson had a kitten fighting ring' scene? :O

Echopapa posted: »

Now I seriously want to experience a kitten fighting pit.

• Hypocritical at best from you.

Clemenem posted: »

Personally I don't understand why these fanboys/fangirls are going psycho over fictional relationships. It's pathetic and I would advise the normal fans to laugh at these people. I think Telltale has finally given in to these weirdos.

• I guess I didn't!

Is rolling around giggling like a schoolgirl an option? :D

It is basically you beating up kittens. You didn't get that 'On top of the bus, Jack explaining Henderson had a kitten fighting ring' scene? :O

• It wasn't in my playthrough, but if it was, I'd have to rewind :x

Echopapa posted: »

I guess I didn't! Is rolling around giggling like a schoolgirl an option?

• I also thought it felt pretty forced. All dialog options still came across as being flirty or romantic. And what's extra weird for me is that my Rhys has been a total ass to her since the beginning. But luckly Jack swooped in and ruined everything by being an asshole. :P

That being said, this in no way made me disappointed with the episode. Still loved it! And I do intend to do one playthrough where I try to get with her.

• I'm not shipping them lol

Hypocritical at best from you.

• although I'm team Rhysha for life, I agree. I don't think we spent enough time with Fi =/

Green613 posted: »

Ugh, I loved this episode so much and I love Telltale and what they create so much, but the displeasure I had when I found out Rhysha was pr

• Overreaction much? :v Calm down, kid. Nobody here (as far as I know) is anti-gay or anything, stop taking things and blowing them out of proportion.

• The only good thing I can say about this is Handsome Jack ruins any positive feelings Sasha may or may not have had for Rhys when he slaps her ass and calls her "Cupcake".

• Unless you sided with Fiona. :)

fayescarlet posted: »

The only good thing I can say about this is Handsome Jack ruins any positive feelings Sasha may or may not have had for Rhys when he slaps her ass and calls her "Cupcake".

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Well said Cyanistic.

Wow. I'm just going to be a bit blunt here. They didn't have to put a lesbian relationship in the game to get any kind of 'points'. It's

• I agree with some of what you said, but... He didn't seem attracted to Jack or Zer0 at all. He was just being a fanboy.

rivaini posted: »

heterosexuality isn't the default. he says moxxi is a looker, yes, but he also shows attraction to zero and jack. that whole 'you're really cool' thing was definitely not straight lmao.

• Worst wingman ever.

I was just waiting for a chance to explain what was going on but NOOOOOOOOO.

fayescarlet posted: »

The only good thing I can say about this is Handsome Jack ruins any positive feelings Sasha may or may not have had for Rhys when he slaps her ass and calls her "Cupcake".

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

This again ? Has no-one figured out that this girl is clearly trolling? And doing it pretty badly?

• my other post? yeah definitely. this one? no

Cope49 posted: »

This again ? Has no-one figured out that this girl is clearly trolling? And doing it pretty badly?

• Wait what? 8U The scene is different then? How?

Unless you sided with Fiona.

• You're a pretty bad trollah yourself no offense :P

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

Nowhere near as bad as you...no offense.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

You're a pretty bad trollah yourself no offense :P

• Yeah, so she makes one joke thread, and she's a troll.

Please tone down the animosity.

• Cope49Cope49 Banned

I have no animosity towards her . So you quite down.

Piggs posted: »

Yeah, so she makes one joke thread, and she's a troll. Please tone down the animosity.

• I... am a simple man. I see girl, I see a debate team.

Nowhere near as bad as you...no offense.

• edited June 2015

Alright, sorry. I'll be "quite", friendo.

I have no animosity towards her . So you quite down.

• edited June 2015

I have to admit. Although I enjoyed the hell out of the Rhysha moments, I also felt a little bad for the guys that ship Rhyiona, or even don't ship at all.

They should have just included more options to counter the Rhys and Sasha moments without him seeming like a complete asshole.

• edited June 2015

Vaughn X Rhys is my OTP.

That and Loader Bot X Gortys.

And Vasquez X Vallory. <3

• edited June 2015

Well, the story's going to go where it's going to go. Obviously the writers have their own ideas about who should be attracted to whom.

I actually thought the awkwardness was really cute.

• Anyone else shipping the robots? :P

Well, the story's going to go where it's going to go. Obviously the writers have their own ideas about who should be attracted to whom. I actually thought the awkwardness was really cute.

• Vasquez X Vallory

Small issue with that.

Bokor posted: »

Vaughn X Rhys is my OTP. That and Loader Bot X Gortys. And Vasquez X Vallory.

• I'm not really shipping anyone, LOL.

But Gortys is adorable! ^-^

Bokor posted: »

Anyone else shipping the robots? :P

• She broke his heart.

RIP

Vasquez X Vallory Small issue with that.

• edited June 2015

I can care less about ships but I will say that Rhys and Sasha didn't seem forced at all to me. It felt like a natural progression of their relationship based on what I saw in the previous episodes

Even in episode 1 I noticed that there seemed to be a chemistry between those two that Rhys and Fiona just didn't have.

I like Rhys and Fiona but I just see cant them as anything more than good friends and to me it would have seem way more forced if they attempted to put those two in a relationship together

• Jack's comments about the two sisters make it seem like he really doesn't want Rhys having sex with either of them.

TommyW posted: »

I can care less about ships but I will say that Rhys and Sasha didn't seem forced at all to me. It felt like a natural progression of their

• I agree. Honestly, this might be them actually addressing the whole "forcing ships" thing. Some people complained that Carley and Lee seemed forced; in the case of Rhys and Sasha, there was proper build-up to the flirty thing. There should've been more neutral options though, yeah.

I can care less about ships but I will say that Rhys and Sasha didn't seem forced at all to me. It felt like a natural progression of their

• Glad they aren't going for a typical 2 protags relationship, glad they are mixing it up. It makes sense since they both have a lot in common (Both love Tech) I liked it, didn't feel forced at all.

• I hate Sasha and I didn't think the relationship was forced, but I did think it could've used a few more, less romantic options. Like the ending of episode two where you had one option to say something about Sasha, but only one. Unfortunately, those of us who didn't enjoy the romance are in the minority, and there's no point in being mad at the episode because Telltale was only trying to please the masses. It's not their fault some people didn't enjoy it as much as the others.

I actually wouldn't have minded the romance-y thing had it been someone other than Sasha. Fiona, Vaughn, Handsome Jack, heck, even Vallory, just not Sasha. I blame Sasha for pushing the romance.

...on second thought romancing Vallory would be really gross.

• This thread gives me more reason to be annoyed by fan ships.

• What? Man, I think they can be a little crazy too, but I like the idea of Rhys and Sasha together. I'm not a ship-crazy cave dweller or whatever, but I wanted them to get together at some point.

It's cute. You might have the same mentality with those hipsters in your avatar.

Clemenem posted: »

Personally I don't understand why these fanboys/fangirls are going psycho over fictional relationships. It's pathetic and I would advise the normal fans to laugh at these people. I think Telltale has finally given in to these weirdos.

• They were cute in the big brother/little sister sense and felt reminiscent of Clementine and Luke (don't even mention Cluke, ughh). The first time I played, I thought Sasha was 16-17 years old and still cannot unsee it due to her looking and acting like a teenager.

That's exactly how I felt coming into this game. I'd heard that some people shipped Rhys with Sasha previously, and so when I played the first episode for the first time, I was a little weirded out by how young she came off to me. This was the same in episode two.

fauxboo posted: »

Hi, forum lurker here! : ) I just wanted to throw in my two cents on the off chance Telltale will take it into consideration. I absolutely l

• I'd do it for the giggles anyway.

I hate Sasha and I didn't think the relationship was forced, but I did think it could've used a few more, less romantic options. Like the en

• edited June 2015

Seconded. While I could agree it wouldn't hurt to have more of a middle-ground for those who didn't want to purse a romance, I thought the dynamic between Rhys and Sasha was far more open to the idea of natural friendly/romantic interactions than the bitter rivalry Rhys and Fiona had going for them.

This discussion has been closed.