Opinions about episode 3

Comments

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited June 2015

Forced cheesy romance moments with Sasha and Rhys .Gave me a very nauseated feeling. Felt very little mermaid to me with the glowing floating jellyfish type plants. The only thing that was missing was the song. With or without the song ..still super cheesy. Other than that great ep.

Alt text

Alt text

• It was a pretty damn god episode.

• Two words.

Honestly stellar.

• I thought ep 3 was pretty good..had a good amount of action in it, and lemme just say that gortys is the most adorable and cutest little robot ever!! I loved the little conversations between her and loaderbot :D, But yea overall I enjoyed this episode and can't wait till the next one.‎

• edited June 2015

Handsome Jack takes over Rhys' body, and Handsome Rhys becomes the villain.

Crips posted: »

Fiona is building to be a new Vault Hunter or at least I got that impression

• Ahahaha xD
    Love the Athena bit. He actually has a good deal of respect for Athena according to Jack-a-pedia which i found kinda nice touch. She stuck to the contracts and didn't betray Jack even if she despised him after all he did and thats something Jack would appreciate. That, and she's totally awesome at killing bandits.

Ahaha, yes! Everyone except Athena which reminded me of this:

• edited June 2015

Less lol, more kickass. In other words TOTALLY AWESOME WITH PRETTY EXPLOSIONS ON TOP! MEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWW!!!!!
    Alt text

Athena was a total boss in this one and now my Fiona is a graduate from 'Athena's school of badassery' and has aquired a taste for it :p
    Loaderbro moments galore! Gorty! Dumpy! ITS TOO MUCH!
    And so help me if we have another long wait ahead of us for the next episode.... >.<

Edit: And the whole garden was a nice reference to the OTHER Pandora. Heck, the cute little flower scene was practically lifted straight from Avatar right up untill it went pear-shaped.

Edit2: It seems that in the timeline the next episode happens when Athena is telling the story of TPS the first time to junkie mcstupidface at Sanctuary seeing as Brick and Mordy were both still messed up at the beginning of the story so they just got back from bringing Athena in. Could it be we will be seeing Athena/the rest of the vault hunters again as the Tales story progresses in time? I hope so :)

• Yeah... had that too. But couldn't record it.

OzzyUK posted: »

When Loader Bot is moving the debris from the door select the dialogue option soon. If we're lucky and Loader bot will make a sarcastic comm

• Episode made me laugh. 10/10

• edited June 2015

This was such a good episode. There was so much incresible stuff going on. From Gorty's ridiculous adorability to Fiona stepping up and, over all, becoming kind of a bad ass. And while I generally don't ship, unless its done entirely for comedic value, the Rhysha stuff is kinda pulling me in.

Vaughn spending some time strapped to Loader bots back ala C-3PO had me chuckling every time i saw it.

• I had notifications turned off for my main playthrough, so I thought Jack was trying to do that whole "look behind you" trick to distract me for some purpose or something.

I wonder if someone happens to have a screenshot of Jack saying "What the hell is that?" I really need it.

• Yeah, the section is different with Jack, it's more of a "rush through" Rhys controlled section :P

Please don't tell me I was the only one who ran into a glitch in the beginning? I chose Fiona at the end of Episode Two, and during the snea

• Just stood there? what were you expecting Rhys to do? take out all the guys around him all of a sudden with one hit KO karate moves and then fly kick that woman in the face, killing her instantly? then take on Brick and survive in hand to hand?

Poogers555 posted: »

Well, by slow I guess I mean it wasn't as dramatic I guess? I mean I already knew Athena would get captured and then we all kinda just stood there.

• Well well. I just guess your ship isnt.. canon

insert picture of fiona "deal with it" here

Green613 posted: »

I loved the episode so much, but I don't know why Telltale sort of forced Rhys to be with Sasha and were forcing romance options down our th

• I loved the Episode for sure. I may be replaying it before Ep4 comes out. Definitely worth the wait.

• I really hope Rhys, Sasha and Fiona are vault hunter characters for Borderlands 2 or at the very least, DLC characters.

Rhys' action skill could be to badassly use his stun baton or use his robot arm and echo eye to blow enviormental stuff up and eletronical stuff.

Fiona's could be to use an all elemental deringer and any nearby enemies, similar to John Marston's from Red Dead Redemption's "mark and execute" skill

TheJack posted: »

After this episode i'm really starting to think that the ending of this game will lead up to Borderlands 3, how awesome will that be?

• I guess that's likely going to happen in Episode 4 if you chose to trust Jack in Ep. 2

Harpadarpa posted: »

Handsome Jack takes over Rhys' body, and Handsome Rhys becomes the villain.

• How was her talking down to vault hunters "stupid" ? have you ever played a Borderlands game before? Vault Hunters are pretty much nothing more than glorified Mercs For Hire. Of course she can talk down to them, plenty of people you do quests for in that game talk down to you and you cant do much about it unless they become hostile. Not to mention, she's pretty intimidating at the time and was probably being an asset in locating Athena.

Aaira posted: »

the episode almost made me lose interest, in a "did i seriously wait that long for this?" kind of way it was a bit of a mess, especially

• oh I do wish Torque would show up. I love him.

Less lol, more kickass. In other words TOTALLY AWESOME WITH PRETTY EXPLOSIONS ON TOP! MEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWW!!!!! Athena was a total boss i

• It seemed longer than most episodes and I'm very appreciative of that. It did seem a bit stronger in terms of choices as well, though I'm not quite fond of the "shipping in the Jungle" scene (it just felt kind of forced), but overall it was a great development. The finale was fantastic and well, Fiona wasn't my favorite character by far, but she was absolutely stellar and shined in episode three. I love the direction that her character development is going in. As for Rhys, well, bonus points for his allies thinking that he's going crazy!

I think Athena and Gortys were both interesting additions to the cast and overall, I'd give it maybe an eight out of ten, since it wasn't my favorite, but it was still fantastic (nothing less than expected of TellTale, ha).

• Brick punches gargantuan tentacle monsters as a hobby, Mordecai 360 noscoped an army of loaderbots once, and yet they're scared of a fattie with a shitty rocket launcher and a dozen bandits. this ignoring that Athena had no real reason not to murder her outside the Atlas facility (but instead had good reasons to do so) and then proceeded to complain about how she doesn't get to kill people on bodyguard jobs

also remind me of the last time they got talked down by kingpins of crime in an open environment while armed, been a while since i played bl1

stevean2 posted: »

How was her talking down to vault hunters "stupid" ? have you ever played a Borderlands game before? Vault Hunters are pretty much nothing m

• I see your point, this might sound ridiculous but I felt a little sad/jelous when she was talking about August. xD Just pls don't break Rhys' heart Telltale.

mirashade posted: »

The way I think about it is; it's a choice-based game but not a dating sim. The story is designed to go in a certain direction and you can s

• I WAS SO CLOSE TO THE EDGE OF MY SEAT THAT THE CHAIR WAS PRACTICALLY IRRELEVANT AT THIS POINT!

I was on the edge of my seat!

• edited June 2015

I think it´s gonna happen no matter what. Crucial storylines that influence the entire game and possibly BL3 that are usually not up for choice.

I guess that's likely going to happen in Episode 4 if you chose to trust Jack in Ep. 2

• But still it wasn't neither Brick nor Mordecai to bring Athena down, it was Vallory, and that's not really a shitty rocket launcher. As for the Atlas facility, I guess that Athena would have had a bit of an hard time to not get wounded by Vallory or August, since the surprise effect was gone, so that's why she let them leave.

Brick punches gargantuan tentacle monsters as a hobby, Mordecai 360 noscoped an army of loaderbots once, and yet they're scared of a fattie

• They werent "scared" they either a) didn't care. b) just accepted the job and did their work.

Work is work, you gotta do it regardless of how your employees (or aide in that matter) treats you, or you just dont get the reward from it.
    and since they did I doubt they care. but regardless. This was all over you no longer caring for the game, so thus I dont care if you are no longer interested. Better change your profile picture now I guess.

Seeya!

Brick punches gargantuan tentacle monsters as a hobby, Mordecai 360 noscoped an army of loaderbots once, and yet they're scared of a fattie

• I agree. It's nice they included them, but their scene was a mess. Come on, they introduce Mordecai with "Boom. Headshot" then let him miss Fiona like 10 times because she was rolling around the floor AND joke about the absurdity of dodging bullets some seconds before. Is this supposed to be some kind of meta-joke or what?

• never said the dynamic duo was the one who took Athena down, old villain jobbing to new villain is kinda cheap but not much of an issue

Vault hunters are overpowered. some boss woman with her cronies is everyday work for them

and wasn't that a bandit rocket launcher? bandit sucks.

But still it wasn't neither Brick nor Mordecai to bring Athena down, it was Vallory, and that's not really a shitty rocket launcher. As for

• Yeah, I really liked that Jack genuinely seems to respect her despite her walking away from him after the events of TPS.

It shows that he's not so black and white when it comes to "all Vault Hunters are bandit scum who I want to brutally murder" - nope, just the ones who betrayed him.

Ahahaha xD Love the Athena bit. He actually has a good deal of respect for Athena according to Jack-a-pedia which i found kinda nice touch.

• edited June 2015

Mordecai basically said "don't speak ill of the insanely scary and competent new villain, or she'll spank us!" after Brick literally said he found her scary, they made every past threat either job or get scared by the new villain, it wasn't even subtle.

never said i dropped the series, just that this episode was a massive turn down, we waited months for something that really, really doesn't seem all that polished (that gunfight scene on the trust Fiona route had some pretty shitty animation, for example)

stevean2 posted: »

They werent "scared" they either a) didn't care. b) just accepted the job and did their work. Work is work, you gotta do it regardless of

• This!

Though, I don't mind not spending money on the cosmetics. Purely because I didn't see the point given that two of the main characters are bound to be wearing awesome tux-like clothing later on in the story, and me loving the Original designs.
    This episode was amazing, just like the others. I'd still rate it 10/10, even if there were some little issues with 'Mord not hitting crap' and stuff like that. But you have no idea how many times I failed to make easy shots during Borderlands 1 with him.. :P

CathalOHara posted: »

Was my favourite episode yet, but my main regret was not being able to buy Loader Bot's badass tuxedo.

• IT WAS BEAUTIFUL >:U

Cope49 posted: »

Forced cheesy romance moments with Sasha and Rhys .Gave me a very nauseated feeling. Felt very little mermaid to me with the glowing floati

• I am a sucker for romantic stuff, and the jungle scenes just made me fall in love with this episode :P
    ALSO, I totally agree with the strong choice differences. Depending on who you sided with in EP2, the episode has a LOT of different, quite drastic, changes. Like how Vaughn gets paralysed, or how you get to have Dumpy.

10/10, could use more Vaughn abs

It seemed longer than most episodes and I'm very appreciative of that. It did seem a bit stronger in terms of choices as well, though I'm no

• junkie mcstupidface

It took me half a second to figure out who you were talking about - but when I did, I laughed.

Less lol, more kickass. In other words TOTALLY AWESOME WITH PRETTY EXPLOSIONS ON TOP! MEEDLYMEEDLYMOWWWW!!!!! Athena was a total boss i

• edited June 2015

Well, you're both charming and have great hair! And you both seem to completely forget the fact that you're no longer corporeal, and thus CANNOT HIGH-FIVE.

Heh.

But yeah, I freaked the fuck out when Sasha pulled that hyper-dramatic "I will sacrifice myself!" move. A thousand "NOPE!'s" crossed my lips, and then........then I felt like an idiot. That shit ain't funny, Sasha! Even IF the crazy sense of humour just bumped you up to 9/10 on the Hotness scale!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who genuinely fell for that. Yes, it seemed completely un-Tales-like (I actually yelled, "this isn't TWD

• "STOP LOOKING AT GODDAMN MUSHROOMS!"

Oh, Jack. Don't you know that saying that means that I'm going to look at every mushroom I possibly can?

Plus, all that stuff about staring at Vaughn's abs. And the waving. Did you see him waving at Rhys? ;)

Wait - you only get the Jack-Apedia if you chose him?! Okay, that alone makes it a million times worth the choice! What about him just

• Now that I am more clear-minded (I played the episode way passed midnight) I have a more clearer view of the episode. Regarding the choices, this is the episode where our choices have the most impact so far. When I played it twice with either trusting Fiona or HJ, it was two different experiences that I got from it. And they are both very enjoyable. So yeah, I have to say that Telltale put a lot of effort into this episode and I love them for that. :)

• Oh, you're just sore because Rhysha's now canon! ;)

Heh. But, really, my condolence's. Even IF the whole "self-love" thing was weird. And I know it was weird, 'cause I looked it up on Jack-a-pedia.

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Next week's gonna be a heartbreak.

• She gets even MORE pissed off with you than she already is?

Wait, so what happens if you've taken Athena's shield - does she just have another one or do you give it back?

• You can tell me that when they make out or something because I'm not quitting my ship over this. ;)

J_E_K posted: »

Oh, you're just sore because Rhysha's now canon! Heh. But, really, my condolence's. Even IF the whole "self-love" thing was weird. And I know it was weird, 'cause I looked it up on Jack-a-pedia.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.