Telltale trying to force ships?

Comments

• Yeah I noticed that too, I'm so happy that it was with Sasha ;) but yeah it Shows that Rhys despite working in Hyperion is a really good and caring guy despite everything.

Cyanistic posted: »

I thought he was briliant this episode, to be honest. The jungle scenes were perfect, in my opinion and I see what you get with him looking

• I'd rather have BL3,especailly since TT is so horrible at developing episodic games. Plus, we all know that TftB is just a missing link between BL2 and BL3 and it seems those two idiots will be the new Vault Hunters after all.

RedHounds posted: »

Pretty much yeah. But anything could happen. We cannot make such affirmed assumptions just yet! ...Until the whole season ends... But hey. I

• That is childish.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

OMG I HATE how Rhys' name is Rhys. This is a game about choice. I also hate how Rhys is left handed. God man! Choices telltale! Let us devel

• I think the problem why people don't like Sasha is purely because, what you say, in Episode one she is a bit of a douche to you. Fiona is probably even more of a douche, but because we get to play her, we also see her good side shining through, and we feel more attached to her, because we are her. Nobody is going to openly admit they -hate- the character they play as, because that character is themselves.
    Sasha just needed some warm-up time, which she has gotten now. If people still dislike her at this point to the point they have to cry to the developers about how something is 'unfair' I think they either have no understanding how personalities of characters work, or they are really butthurt that their wishes aren't coming through :x

silvereye27 posted: »

I didn't feel it was forced atall, I thought it was quite cute tbh, especially in a Telltale game where the characters are a little less lik

• I wouldn't feel the same eitherway. I love both Fiona and Sasha. But as a storyteller myself, I understand how Telltale would try to avoid having their two main characters get in a relationship with eachother.
    The first thinkable reason being that you play them both, and it would leave out the rest of the crew.

And who knows. Maybe Vaughn will grow a pair and smooch with Fiona. That wouldn't be that bad, right? I mean.. look at his abs :Q_

Green613 posted: »

Trust me, you guys would feel the same way we do right now if it was the other way around. All we asked for was a choice between either ship, not one or nothing.

• edited June 2015

HERE: I will give you a guide.

EP1, give her your stunstick, and when she talks to you again go with the 'Aw Shucks' choice. It's friendly and playful.

EP2, Don't think there is much, but if you want to get revenge on what you've already seen, tell August that she still has feels for him or something.

EP3, Say 'Beautiful' and don't pick the flower. It's neutral. 

Miklaus posted: »

I tried to, but all I got was an awkward situation or an assho*e Rhys, and I didn't want to have Rhysha as much as I didn't want to be mean to Sasha.

• [removed]

DeityD posted: »

I'd rather have BL3,especailly since TT is so horrible at developing episodic games. Plus, we all know that TftB is just a missing link between BL2 and BL3 and it seems those two idiots will be the new Vault Hunters after all.

• Well said

nursethalia posted: »

This is getting almost as dramatic as people freaking out and claiming to be traumatized about gay romance being "forced" on male players a

• I have to agree with you. The "Neutral" options still came off as romantic-like. Heck, even the silent options resulted in them staring at each other all lovey-dovey like lol

Okay, 1 - this is a game about choices. So... Why do I have to actively avoid the majority of the dialogue options you are presented with in

• Very well said.

Yeah, that doesn't resonate as "romantic" with me, at all. Point being, the choice to culminate a romance isn't being forced on you, you jus

• I think that makes sense. I have to be honest, in episode 1 I did admit to rolling my eyes abit about how Rhys and Vaughn were the clueless new guys, while Fiona and Sasha knew what they were doing, as it felt a bit cliche, but thankfully they seemed to quickly leave that, and it's nice to have them all working together. I think in episode 1 as well, there's also the whole thing about playing August, which makes the 2 of them seem a little heartless, but while August is a massive prick, we do feel a bit sorry for him and the very minor sub-plot of August and Sasha after their false romance was adressed, and it was made clear that the girls aren't totally good people. Unlike say in the Pre-Sequel, where Lilith constantly acts like a massive blood thirsty bitch, and aside from the very end, is never called out on her awful behaviour, which makes it even more amazingly irratating as she never get's her commupence for her actions in that game.

I think the problem why people don't like Sasha is purely because, what you say, in Episode one she is a bit of a douche to you. Fiona is pr

• He is a boy with a dream, but I -LOVE- seeing him shift course just for his friends. In Episode one, I ditched Vasquez for my buddy Vaugh. In EP 2 I went for Sasha and Fiona before going to the Atlas facility because it would have been rude.. (Plus, they had my shoe) and I sided with Fiona, even though Jack's plan was clearly better.
    And now in Episode 3 he seems to not even be focussed on getting to Helios now that his former boss is dead and he has the old CEO stuck in his head, and instead helps teensy robots be rebuild so he can claim that Vault booty :3

Leluch123 posted: »

Yeah I noticed that too, I'm so happy that it was with Sasha but yeah it Shows that Rhys despite working in Hyperion is a really good and caring guy despite everything.

• "Ermahgerd, This is not the way I played Lilith. My choices in Borderlands 1 should have made her more friendly in Borderlands 2, hurrdurr.. Better complain to the developers to give me the choices and not force her to be a bitch!"

I think that makes sense. I have to be honest, in episode 1 I did admit to rolling my eyes abit about how Rhys and Vaughn were the clueless

• Vault booty :3

And not only that, And I totally agree with you, I would love to know more about Rhys past to know how he come to be who he is.

Also I have a question for you:

Why I hadn't seen you on Rhysha thread yet? I saw your valiant fight in this sorry excuse for a thread and I've been wondering when you will show up?

He is a boy with a dream, but I -LOVE- seeing him shift course just for his friends. In Episode one, I ditched Vasquez for my buddy Vaugh. I

• Hah. What I mean was, I think Sasha and Lilith are in a similar mold, in that they're both fairly sassy, cold women, and that it can be easy to turn such a character into being very unlikable. I just think Lilith comes across as very very annoying in TPS, and I was worried in episode 1 that's what Sasha was going to be like, but I think Sasha is far more likable now.

"Ermahgerd, This is not the way I played Lilith. My choices in Borderlands 1 should have made her more friendly in Borderlands 2, hurrdurr.. Better complain to the developers to give me the choices and not force her to be a bitch!"

• Purely because I don't mind who ships who. I adore Rhysha, and i think it's the best thing that could happen to the two characters, but I don't feel like creating more diversion between shippers is something the devolpers need. They have their mindset in the right place, and I love how the story unfolds now ;)

Vault booty And not only that, And I totally agree with you, I would love to know more about Rhys past to know how he come to be wh

• The only ship I care about is Loader Bot/Gortys. (Or Jack/Rhys as a crack pairing 8D)

But no, seriously. I don't want any romance at all in that game and was disappointed with my choices. Didn't want to be an total ass to her but I had to because there were no good friendship choices. There were only romance or asshole choices :/

• I can't see him being anymore than a year or two older than Fiona, who we know is 29. Thats what a 6-7 year gap? That's not too bad i don't think.

mirashade posted: »

Yeah I know, but we haven't been given any other clues at his age that I know of. At least he's probably right around there.

• I mean, I didn't mean that Lilith was that unlikable in The Pre-Sequel, it's just that it bugged me that her actions were questionable and that she was never called out on it. And it's not like I was a fan boy of hers before The Pre-Sequel, so it's not like I was sending them hate mail about it. It's just, I think they messed up her character, and hope in Borderlands 3 (or even Tales possibly?) that she acts more like how she did in Borderlands 2.

Hah. What I mean was, I think Sasha and Lilith are in a similar mold, in that they're both fairly sassy, cold women, and that it can be easy

• To be honest, I personally loved the Rhys/Sasha moments, but that was just for the sake of romance. I didn't ship them at all before this episode but I enjoyed their interactions in this one nonetheless, however, I also would've enjoyed Rhys/Fiona or even Rhys/Vaughn in the same situation. I see where you're coming from with it feeling forced, but I think TellTale was simply trying to give players what they want (in reference to the many Rhysha threads previous to this episode). Hopefully, their relationship will be more able to be shaped how you want it in the next episode, but personally, I greatly enjoy any opportunity to flirt with characters, particularly coming from Rhys.

rivaini posted: »

me, a lesbian, being made uncomfortable from being forced into flirting/a hetero relationship, is overreacting? if telltale made 3/4 options for rhys to flirt with vaughn you know this forum would be over flowing with hate.

• The Sasha scene was so forced that I actually felt that I had to pick the romance options, otherwise it was awkward and uncomfortable for Rhys (and the player). The whole set up with the music and scenery was cringe worthy as I view Rhys and Sasha with a more sibling relationship. It felt like the only choice that didn't result with their tongues down each others throats was the silence option. But then I felt like an ass and I like Sasha. I don't want to be an ass to her.

If Telltale wants to include romance because they've seen people being noisy about on here, then that's cool. But give other people like me a way out, please!

• My earlier post got removed, because one of the moderators couldn't grasp the sheer sarcasm in my post :l

I mean, I didn't mean that Lilith was that unlikable in The Pre-Sequel, it's just that it bugged me that her actions were questionable and t

• 'Beautiful' and not picking the flower = neutral friendly. Rewind, pick that. Thank me later.

The Sasha scene was so forced that I actually felt that I had to pick the romance options, otherwise it was awkward and uncomfortable for Rh

• All the Fiona parts in this episode were fantastic, I loved it because the other episodes leaned more towards Rhys and while I don't dislike him I like Fiona way more as a main character, regardless I chose the romantic options because I was expecting to be shot down and you know make the situation awkward which I thought would be funny but it all worked though rather awkwardly which left me a bit confused though I must admit that I don't much care for ships so it didn't bother me.

Kruzii posted: »

jup, couldnt enjoy the Rhys parts of this episode. like at all. getting your wisdom tooth removed without any anesthesia is more fun than playing his parts with sasha(at least for me). what I will never do again. But Fiona was awesome though.

• I was hesitant to pick anything that was too romancy but then too hesitant to pick anything too offish so I completely missed those outcomes.

That's good to know, thanks.

'Beautiful' and not picking the flower = neutral friendly. Rewind, pick that. Thank me later.

• edited June 2015

Dear all Rhysha and Rhyiona shippers:

Please try to not murder each other. The last thing we need is a civil war. Show Telltale that we can keep our cool.

Sincerely, LawmanZero

Also, I ship Rhysha, but I will not join the shipping thread, nor will I have a tag on my profile picture, nor will I join the family. I don't want to get mixed up in another forum war ever again. I just want to point out plot details, mythology gags and explain confusing things to non-Borderlands players. That's all.

• What post?

My earlier post got removed, because one of the moderators couldn't grasp the sheer sarcasm in my post :l

• I would prefer Rhyiona (actually, I would prefer the sudden uprise of Rhyxton, myself) but I'm still glad this scene came along. Sure it felt awkward, but I didn't care very MUCH for Sasha before. Now that I've properly spent some time hanging around her and seeing what it's like to be her friend, I actually like Sasha a whole lot more!

And I couldn't resist. I'm a sucker for romancey shit like this. I gave her the flower.

• edited June 2015

Axton will flirt with EVERYBODY. Maya? Check! Zer0? Check! Salvador? Che-WAIT WHAT?

(Him flirting with Nisha would be especially funny.)

ActionHank posted: »

I would prefer Rhyiona (actually, I would prefer the sudden uprise of Rhyxton, myself) but I'm still glad this scene came along. Sure it fel

• Kinda awkward since he helped kill her.

LawmanZero posted: »

Axton will flirt with EVERYBODY. Maya? Check! Zer0? Check! Salvador? Che-WAIT WHAT? (Him flirting with Nisha would be especially funny.)

• Rhys has a personality, and Rhys has an interest in Sasha. You can't change that...(only telltale) You can either flirt with her or hide that fact by being rude or awkward. It's simple as that. Please don't be butthurt if you prefer Fiona x Rhys.

Just for the record if it was a Fiona x Rhys romantic scene, I'd have enjoyed that as well, because I like romantic shit and I can accept that ship too. But I see more chemistry between Rhys and Sasha. :)

• Well, all 6 of them did, actually. We do not know if they used pistols or not, though, but that's not too important.

Still, Axton is pretty hilarious.

Kinda awkward since he helped kill her.

• I like to imagine not ALL 6 of them went off to do every single side mission together.

I'm sure there was at least a couple where they went "alright, you three can handle this, we'll handle this." OR something like that.

LawmanZero posted: »

Well, all 6 of them did, actually. We do not know if they used pistols or not, though, but that's not too important. Still, Axton is pretty hilarious.

• I like to think they all bickered on who was going to do the Train Robbery, because LOADS OF MONIES.

And a short Rock-Paper-Scissors match on "Shoot This Guy In The Face".

ActionHank posted: »

I like to imagine not ALL 6 of them went off to do every single side mission together. I'm sure there was at least a couple where they went "alright, you three can handle this, we'll handle this." OR something like that.

• i really like sasha but i'm a lesbian and being forced into that situation where i had to go out of my way to not flirt/be rude made me uncomfortable. anyone else feel like it was forced

Oh dear lord, no one's forcing you to do jack. You can't control Rhys's basic personality. How dare Rhys, a man, have feelings for another human who just so happens to be female. So Telltale decided that he should have an interest in Sasha, so what? You don't like it, well turn your game off. How does this mess with your life? It doesn't. Life goes on and you'll get over it.

• Understandable, I can respect that. But if you want to chat with people with similar mindset you know where to find us ;)

Purely because I don't mind who ships who. I adore Rhysha, and i think it's the best thing that could happen to the two characters, but I do

• I don't really come on the forums to purely discuss the Rhys x Sasha :P
    You know what my point on it is, and that's all I want to share about it all. I'd rather play the game then agree with people why the opinion I share with them is awesome x3

Thanks though~

Understandable, I can respect that. But if you want to chat with people with similar mindset you know where to find us

• Something sarcastic and in no way offensive unless you purposefully find offense in something sarcastic :P

What post?

• Oh right.

Something sarcastic and in no way offensive unless you purposefully find offense in something sarcastic :P

• Maybe it's easier to prep dreads for black people because of that foamy consistency their hair tends to have. I dunno.

I wouldn't call Sasha black, though; her skin's pretty light. She just looks mix-raced. One of my friends even called her a "white girl with dreads".

nursethalia posted: »

Yeah, that part really didn't make sense... dreads aren't a natural thing that hair just does, like someone with curly or kinky hair, no matter what race you are. Maybe rivaini doesn't know that.

This discussion has been closed.