EP4 SPOILERS = The Stranger's Identity? (UPDATED)

Comments

• I'm not trolling anyone I promise, I have no clue what the acronym is supposed to mean but it's here in plain sight and I wonder why noone tried to "decode" it or find a link.

Mercyva posted: »

you think it mean something? i will research this, hope you aint trolling me ha xD

• I think that in order to be a big plot twist it should be someone we already met, so that when the identity is revealed we all go whoaaaa and hooooooo !!!

And if it's someone we never met then... Well... he does doubly deserve his "stranger" moniker :p !

That said when those things happen they totally throw off misleading clues. For example the "stranger" is currently beefy and has a deep voice behind his modulator, so it would point to someone skinny and with a high pitched voice... This is just an example ok ?

Hell, it could be anyone. I'm saying it's Buttstallion!

• thats ok i'm just playing with you lol. going to search this regardless :D i didnt think its important, but maybe it is? :)

Shoogli posted: »

I'm not trolling anyone I promise, I have no clue what the acronym is supposed to mean but it's here in plain sight and I wonder why noone tried to "decode" it or find a link.

• Oh ok thanks, I played that choice too, but played others since then so I wasn't sure I remembered well...

yeah i chose that too. i remember seeing him blown up dude lol

• Hell, it could be anyone. I'm saying it's Buttstallion!

Well I was serious with Pollux, we're not sure he's dead, the eyes being replaced by cybernetics explains the mask and the fact he's Atlas and maybe have access to high tech... Dunnow...

Well i wasn't trying to be funny... So to speak :p !

Hell, it could be anyone. I'm saying it's Buttstallion!

• Oh, haha, sorry then.

Hell, it could be anyone. I'm saying it's Buttstallion! Well I was serious with Pollux, we're not sure he's dead, the eyes being rep

• I still think it's Vaughn.

I think that in order to be a big plot twist it should be someone we already met, so that when the identity is revealed we all go whoaaaa an

• You stubborn you ;) !

I still think it's Vaughn.

• I'm really tempted to play ep1, 2 and 3 a fourth time and write down everyone we meet... But I just played them a 3rd time yesterday so i'll wait a bit...

Oh, haha, sorry then.

• Oh so YOU were trolling me XD !

thats ok i'm just playing with you lol. going to search this regardless i didnt think its important, but maybe it is?

• You can watch an Lp of them.

I'm really tempted to play ep1, 2 and 3 a fourth time and write down everyone we meet... But I just played them a 3rd time yesterday so i'll wait a bit...

• A what ?

You can watch an Lp of them.

• Let's play.

A what ?

• I have a funny feeling that it's going to be ether Jack or Vallory that are going to be responsible for what ever happens to Pandora. (Most likely a lot of moonshots.)

silvereye27 posted: »

The mystery really does thicken, doesn't it? With only 2 episodes to go, and I havn't a clue what is going to happen, who the stranger is, a

• Don't underestimate those abs!

oh wow. i didnt think of that... but he was there with them? why he wanted for them to tell the story? but he has a legendary lol.. vaughn..

• edited June 2015

At first I thought it mite be Zero, now I know longer think that it's him. Now after listing to everyone's comments and playing the game. I'm strongly starting to think that the stranger mite be August. Lets look at the facts.

1. August has been in all the episodes.
    2. He probably talked to Vasquez before Vasquez died and heard about Vasquez's run in with Rhys and Vaughn.
    3. His mother is Vallory and also probably has a high chance of getting his hands on a legendary weapon (if the weapon is a legendary).
    4. He's been in the story for a good chunk of it. But he wood have big holes in Rhys's and Fiona's sides of the story.
    5. Plus he got shocked by one of the Gortys's parts in E2. So he would know that he needs Rhys and Fiona to put Gortys back together (if Gortys got disassembled buy choice or not in the coming E4).
  • clap-tpclap-tp Banned
    edited June 2015

and how will she know that someone wont take gortys for himself?

moxxi is the tyype of character to pay someone off to do her dirty job for her.. i doubt she would drag rhys around the desert and listen to fiona and rhys bickering.. she'd rather offer someone something instead of her actually doing the work lol

• body type maybe, but as i said in another theard he is nothing close to the stranger in his personality.

Tripsauce posted: »

If it's a Vault Hunter it basically has to be Axton. He is the only one who matches the body type.

• Why you presume Zer0 is working for One, from some long frogotten DLC, if we saw him in episode 1 taking orders from Moxxi?

It's clear Zer0 is working for Moxxi in Tales from the Borderlands. No need for another employer.

@HandsomeJack's wonderful theory about Vaughn aside, I think the Stranger is connected to Zer0. There is a side quest in Borderlands 2 wh

• I didn't say that Zer0 was working for One. I just said that since Zer0 is looking for Gortys, maybe One is also looking for Gortys. I never said that they are working together.

Why you presume Zer0 is working for One, from some long frogotten DLC, if we saw him in episode 1 taking orders from Moxxi? It's clear Zer0 is working for Moxxi in Tales from the Borderlands. No need for another employer.

• Honestly, out of all the cast who have appeared in Tales thus far, I think you might be right. I don't know, perhaps the present day August is a bit more bitter and somber after the events of the flashbacks, perhaps with Vallory being dead, or things just going tits up in general.

• The point about the stranger maybe knowing he needs rhys and fiona to pickup and gortys stuff made me think. He seemed to know WHERE the piece was. He's not LOOKING for something, he knows exactly where he's going. It also has to be someone that wasn't around much I think though, why else would he be listening to their stories?

• Haven't read the whole thread, but it's becoming pretty obvious to me that it's August. At least out of characters we've seen so far.

Walks like him, talks like him, moves his head like him, body posture like him. Especially when August gets in his 'intense/angry' moments.

Of all the characters we've seen so far, August is the one the stranger most resembles.

• I think the stranger might be the Atlas scientist turned hermit we meet in Ep. 3. His voiced kind of sounded like the stranger, without the added effects for the helmet.

• I thought this too, but the Zer0 only speaks in Haiku (i think), where as far as i can tell the Stranger does not.

FetchWalker posted: »

Well I kinda think it is Zer0. In episode 1 he was searching for the Gortys core, right, and the stranger was quite eager to find Gortys's E

• That line about being a 'patient person' and the fact that the Stranger points the gun at Rhys' junk in the first few moments. That feels like a definite chick move to me. Hey, maybe it's Sasha?

Yeah, that wager line really has me stumped - I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with a prior character associated with betting/g

• Well for me I have a theory that ryse really messed up , this is due to the dialogue in the beginning of episode 1 ." Fiona come on lets talk about this" this phrase is something some who messed up would say. Also from Fionas opening dialogue she calls him back stabber hinting at ryse betrayal. The change of clothes is likely due to the fact that they finally gotten rich and are showing off , ryse^s new robot arm looks new and expensive. Also I believe that gortys may be damaged due to a part of it being in the middle of Pandora is the future setting.

silvereye27 posted: »

The mystery really does thicken, doesn't it? With only 2 episodes to go, and I havn't a clue what is going to happen, who the stranger is, a

• edited June 2015

There is something quite misleading in the WIKI about that : "One". The wiki spells it with a number like this "0ne", but in game (I frapsed it) the text on screen is "To Zero : One" but at the same time Zer0's name is mispelled as Zero, so I don't know what to think.

What I mean is, maybe the Wiki is right and the on-screen text should be "To Zer0 : 0ne" but the way it's written on screen we don't know if there is just one typo or if there are two.

Makes sense ?

So to me, I still can't decide if "One" is a name, in which case you'd be right and that'd be the best candidate as far as I know, or if it's a number, like a tally between assassins. That said : even if it's a number and not a name there still is a person saying that on the Echo, so yeah in the end, that person could still be the stranger...

I didn't say that Zer0 was working for One. I just said that since Zer0 is looking for Gortys, maybe One is also looking for Gortys. I never said that they are working together.

• Another thing to consider is "maybe" we'll never know his identity and thus he might not be a character we have previously encountered. He may just be here either as someone to defeat at the end, OR also as someone we're getting to know because he'll be a VH in BL3 and since Zer0 was popular, they kind of want to have a new "masked" VH, and same deal as with Zer0, we'll probably never know his real identity...

• It can't be Athena. She is taken into custody with Lilith and if you played Borderlands - THe Pre Sequel you will know what happens to her. We won't see her anymore (not in this season i assume). I honestly can't even suggest who can it be as i have no idea, but it could be Felix indeed.

• You know Marcus is like 3 times bigger than the masked man ?

I think he could be Marcus. Sure, he has a different accent but the mask he's wearing could change that. Also, at the beginning of every epi

• Well I was asking the question earlier and someone told me that we really see him die if we choose the "choke on it" choice as he opens the case.

Or maybe yeah, it's going to be a disfigured Felix, with the face half burnt, and all that... And he indeed didn't die ?

HoudiniBg posted: »

It can't be Athena. She is taken into custody with Lilith and if you played Borderlands - THe Pre Sequel you will know what happens to her.

• I agree.

You know who it is? It's the friggen moon. Yep. You heard it here first folks. The stranger is the moon.

JackMarco posted: »

It´s getting ridiculous now. People literally seem to simply throw every name they can think of out there no matter how silly. I´m surprised nobody has said Krieg or Tiny Tina yet....

• It has to be Vaughn or someone that Rhys or Fiona meets because how would the Stranger know Rhys and Fiona knew anything about the vault or GP. The stranger doesn't ask Fiona, but somehow he just happens to know that those two were apart of it. also the stranger just happens to know were to find them. As for the gun if you honestly think about it in the badass crater the vending machines always had a legendary gun for the top slot so what stops them from ripping the vending machine open and stealing it? that is my two cents

• For the ultimate record I think its a new person. There's simply no data to suggest anyone we know. Nothing solid or concrete.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees

• Alt text

Aptonoth posted: »

For the ultimate record I think its a new person. There's simply no data to suggest anyone we know. Nothing solid or concrete. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees

• I don't think it could be Vaughn or Felix (without inciting some plot holes). For one thing, half the players killed Felix, for another, he was with them in the first episode. I've mentioned this before, the same goes for Vaughn, who was with them for the first 3 episodes (+?). Why would Vaughn and Felix listen to the whole story if he already knew what happened in the beginning? Felix could've simply asked them what happened after the money was blown up, and Vaughn what happened after his disappearance. The Stranger, I feel is obviously looking for information, along with whatever can't be found without Rhys and Fiona (presumably the Vault?) so repeating things doesn't make much sense.

The theory about August, however, does make a surprising amount of sense. I feel August is in just enough of the episodes to be important, but definitely need the rest of the story filled in. The stranger does make a surprising amount of snarky comments, like August would and it's been pointed out that the Stranger is more fond of Fiona than Rhys (maybe because Rhys can potentially have a thing for Sasha and we all know August still clearly likes her). I actually wouldn't mind if August was the Stranger, cuz he's a really great character (despite his flaws) and I'd love to see him still breathing by the end of Tales.

(Although part of me is afraid and prays that Telltale won't change the Stranger's identity once someone has figured it out just to keep everyone in the dark...I'm getting scared by how many rewrites these episodes can potentially have before we lose the whole TFTB story...)

• Yvonne?

Arya_Stupid posted: »

That line about being a 'patient person' and the fact that the Stranger points the gun at Rhys' junk in the first few moments. That feels like a definite chick move to me. Hey, maybe it's Sasha?

• You can shoot him in the neck though. I doubt he'd survive that.

Well I was asking the question earlier and someone told me that we really see him die if we choose the "choke on it" choice as he opens the

• August is now too likeable to not at least get sent over to the good side.

Also, the whole "HEY RHYS MAY DIE ON THE HOOD BUT HELL WITH THAT LET'S BOTH FORGET ABOUT HIM COMPLETELY AND GO BREAK UP WHILE HAVING A TUG OF WAR WHILE DRIVING AT HIGH SPEED" argument with Sasha was utterly hilarious.

I don't think it could be Vaughn or Felix (without inciting some plot holes). For one thing, half the players killed Felix, for another, he

Sign in to comment in this discussion.