Telltale, make Rhyiona and Rhysha

Comments

• edited June 2015

Shouldn't hell melt the ice?

Maybe Satan isn't as bad as we thought... maybe Luke's just chillin in hell.

Alt text

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Lakes, frozen lakes everywhere.

• edited July 2015

I agree too. Between the talk about Rhyiona and Rhysha most forget that there are people that are not interested in romance at all.

I also think they should add an option where you don't romance either. Like if I had to choose, I'd pick Rhyiona but otherwise I kinda don't

• I agree 100% i like both ships as well there should be an option.

• But... wait! How can it be forced? Romancing another PC is just the same as romancing any other character, as you are not in control of them right at the time. Also, this is Telltale Games, we got choices. Unless they completely mess up...

I'm sorry but romancing another PC is just weird and forced.

• Wh- wh what about a Rhyonsha option? twirling thumbs

• Because the reaction is not natural, but player-controlled.

Atleast Sasha is her own character with mind of her own.

BigBadPaul posted: »

But... wait! How can it be forced? Romancing another PC is just the same as romancing any other character, as you are not in control of them right at the time. Also, this is Telltale Games, we got choices. Unless they completely mess up...

• ErykaEryka Banned

Maybe at Rhys's bedroom would maybe have the choice for both.

Wh- wh what about a Rhyonsha option? twirling thumbs

• Alt text

I'm sorry but romancing another PC is just weird and forced.

• edited July 2015

Well, that's a fair point, but that doesn't mean that Telltale cannot expand on the PC's character too. Maybe there is more to them than meets the eye. ;p

I'm just trying to say, there are ways of making it work.

Because the reaction is not natural, but player-controlled. Atleast Sasha is her own character with mind of her own.

• they can't expand to what type of people Rhys/Fiona likes.

Well, that's a fair point, but that doesn't mean that Telltale cannot expand on the PC's character too. Maybe there is more to them than meets the eye. ;p I'm just trying to say, there are ways of making it work.

• edited July 2015

I think they kinda can. Remember Athena? No matter how you talk to her, Fiona seems to be very sad when she gets shot by those rockets...

they can't expand to what type of people Rhys/Fiona likes.

• I meant romance-wise.

I think they kinda can. Remember Athena? No matter how you talk to her, Fiona seems to be very sad when she gets shot by those rockets...

• Something tells me i should get out before the entire Rhyiona population replies to me with memes and gifs.

• Well, I mean they could go the route of "She's indifferent of him", and it would be up to you whether it escalates.

I meant romance-wise.

• thats so wrong. on so many levels. but meh, who I am to judge?

Wh- wh what about a Rhyonsha option? twirling thumbs

• Still, the decision is to be made by the player.

Well, I mean they could go the route of "She's indifferent of him", and it would be up to you whether it escalates.

• edited July 2015

Well, if that happens, maybe we won't cause it then, but upon the previous ways that you interacted with the PCs, it would craft what happens later in the episodes.

Another way to fix that issue would be to only let one PC be "pushing" towards those kind of relationships, instead of the both of them. That way, one of the characters would have their own mind when you are making the decisions. ;p

Still, the decision is to be made by the player.

• edited July 2015

They wouldn't do that, well most likely they wouldn't besides most people here get along right?

Something tells me i should get out before the entire Rhyiona population replies to me with memes and gifs.

• edited July 2015

Yeah... really don't think that's gonna happen. Have you seen the Jack-apedia entry for Fiona? I think the joke is that it would be "weird" because she's a playable character as well. It's like shipping yourself with yourself. That's probably why Telltale didn't go in that direction.

Alt text

As somebody that doesn't ship Rhys with anyone, I'm kinda glad that the option only seems to be for Sasha. If there was Fiona as well, I'd have to avoid two ships instead of one. Not to mention I don't want this to become "the shipping game". I'd rather Telltale focus on the actual plot than try to get romance front and center.

Plus, let's say that Rhys, Fiona, and Sasha all survive and wind up in BL3. If there were an optional romance, Gearbox would likely have to choose for themselves which is to be considered canon for BL3. Which would just end up pissing off the people who chose the other romance. So yeah, pretty sure it's going to stay Rhysha or nothing as the choice.

• It's hellish ice! Hellish ice doesn't melt! ;.;

ABigBadWolf posted: »

Shouldn't hell melt the ice? Maybe Satan isn't as bad as we thought... maybe Luke's just chillin in hell.

• Hey, maybe I can get Luke back too if I make this deal with Satan.

It's hellish ice! Hellish ice doesn't melt! ;.;

• Alt text

Something tells me i should get out before the entire Rhyiona population replies to me with memes and gifs.

• edited July 2015

But Luke's not in hell! T_T his major in art history gave him special privileges!

Hey, maybe I can get Luke back too if I make this deal with Satan.

• He isn't but maybe Satan can bring him back to life. I mean, I'm desperate here...

But Luke's not in hell! T_T his major in art history gave him special privileges!

• while i want an option for both the realist inside me sort of has to agree with you, its unlikely that it will happen. but who knows for certain besides telltale

Deadpoolian posted: »

Yeah... really don't think that's gonna happen. Have you seen the Jack-apedia entry for Fiona? I think the joke is that it would be "weird"

• You can only pick one, he's a busy guy. Rhyiona or Lukey alive, chooooose.

He isn't but maybe Satan can bring him back to life. I mean, I'm desperate here...

• If I can only pick one then he ain't getting my soul. >:(

You can only pick one, he's a busy guy. Rhyiona or Lukey alive, chooooose.

• edited July 2015

Romance between PCs aren't entirely unheard of. In Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, you are able to romance another PC.
    When I played Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, I didn't feel forced or weirded out...okay maybe Indigo Prophecy but it wasn't because the two were PCs. There was an entirely different reason.

Both Rhys and Fiona have their own mind when we aren't playing as the other. They have opinions and act the way they do because they have a personality. The possibility of Rhyiona happening isn't entirely out of the question.

• Huh! Ha-ha! You are my white knight! Quite literally! I couldn't have said this better myself. :P

kristi78968 posted: »

Romance between PCs aren't entirely unheard of. In Heavy Rain and Indigo Prophecy, you are able to romance another PC. When I played Heavy

• Then that means you're staying right? =D

WOO HOO! Hey @LawmanZero I saved Wolf's sooooul!

If I can only pick one then he ain't getting my soul. >:(

• My pleasure to serve.

In all seriousness though, I'm not sure what the big issue is with having the idea of both ships and even a bro forever route with Vaughn at the end. It's not like having them will affect your playthrough. If you ship Rhyiona and you can pick either that or Rhysha, is there really an issue to complain about Rhysha being an option? Same goes for the other side. That's why there are choices, so you aren't forced into something you don't like.

• edited July 2015

I'm guessing that people think that since you can control both of them, it somehow makes it strange... but I didn't get why it was strange. They both have their own personalities, even when you control them. The only difference is, when you control them, you can just shift the way the protagonist thinks about others.

kristi78968 posted: »

My pleasure to serve. In all seriousness though, I'm not sure what the big issue is with having the idea of both ships and even a bro for

• jup. don't get the problem either. I imangine it could be veeery funny.

I'm guessing that people think that since you can control both of them, it somehow makes it strange... but I didn't get why it was strange.

• It's really not that strange. For instance, the whole scene you get in ep 3 if you trusted Fiona. You played as Fiona, and you interacted with Rhys, and it didnt feel weird at all

I'm guessing that people think that since you can control both of them, it somehow makes it strange... but I didn't get why it was strange.

• i am really hoping for Vasha (vaughn and sasha) i got them both new shades so they can look fancey together

• Hhhhg it's not a dating sim. Seriously. If they want Rhys to have a little crush on Sasha then that's what they'll put in the game. She'll probably turn him down anyway(and it'll be so, so painful/hilarious). We just can't control every aspect of the plot. If they start giving us every ship it's just going to be "Fanservice: The Game." and I don't want that. Despite being a playable character Rhys is still written by Telltale in the end no matter who you want him to romance up. They aren't obligated to give us every ship we want because it's not a dating sim and they may not want the game to be oriented around that kind of choice.

It's like saying that Bigby was forced into a relationship with Snow. He's not, but that's what's going to happen no matter what your choices are because that's how their story had been written from the start.

• We never wanted this to become a dating sim. All we are doing, is showing our love, for a particular match up, and just talking about the possibilities. We are not forcing Telltale to do anything. When it comes to the story, well, re-writes do happen.

mirashade posted: »

Hhhhg it's not a dating sim. Seriously. If they want Rhys to have a little crush on Sasha then that's what they'll put in the game. She'll p

• Oh I know that's what you're doing by shipping, shipping is fine, have at it! But pressuring telltale into putting both ships in their game and saying that a ship is forced because the option for only one has been put in seems incredibly unfair for them to me. That's what this particular thread is saying.

We never wanted this to become a dating sim. All we are doing, is showing our love, for a particular match up, and just talking about the po

• edited July 2015

Your comment proves a point. Nice to finally see someone actually come up with a good argument against the idea. High fives

I was thinking about it after I submitted my comment on the first page. While I'm not opposed to for everyone having their way, it could prove to be a headache to Telltale.

It's easier for everyone especially Telltale to not make either canon. Let each ship have their own moments/scenes.

Hhhhg it's not a dating sim. Seriously. If they want Rhys to have a little crush on Sasha then that's what they'll put in the game. She'll p

• edited July 2015

Well, pressuring. Yeah... I guess you could call it that. The way the thread has been worded makes it seem a bit more forceful than it has to.

Should have been a suggestion thread instead. ;p

Oh I know that's what you're doing by shipping, shipping is fine, have at it! But pressuring telltale into putting both ships in their game

Sign in to comment in this discussion.