Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• All of Telltale's series have different teams, and I believe the teams are actually different for each episode as well, so stuff like Minecraft, Michonne, TWD S3, etc. are not impacting the development of TFtB or GoT. Not developing games that aren't releasing episodes at the moment would only hurt them, since there'd be big breaks in between finales of current seasons and premieres of new ones, which would only make them lose money. Also, the teams for unreleased games are a bit smaller than the ones for TFtB or GoT, so that impacts the current games even less

TinyCarlos posted: »

Yeah, sure. But I wish they would hold off on all sorts of development until they get TFTBL on a consistent release schedule, not chunking out episodes every four months. And actually finish the series they have going on right at this moment.

• Tweet from Job Stauffer:
    Just left Telltale HQ until July 15th. Headed to Minecon in London, then San Diego Comic-Con. If you'll be at either - let's have some fun!

• So Minecraft Story Mode news at Minecon, than Wolf Among Us news at SDCC. Right? Heh?

Tweet from Job Stauffer: Just left Telltale HQ until July 15th. Headed to Minecon in London, then San Diego Comic-Con. If you'll be at either - let's have some fun!

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I just checked the Mojang twitch profile and noticed that they have a London minecon main stage banner so i guess they will be streaming the event and most likely the Telltale panel. There is no schedule information yet so that will be added as soon as it becomes available.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited June 2015

Mojang have now published their schedule and Telltale will be on stage July 4th at 4:30 PM until 5:30 PM BST.

Details on the event guide

Last year, Telltale Games announced their collaboration with Mojang on "Minecraft: Story Mode". Join members from both teams as they talk about how the whole process started and some of the amazing things we can expect to see in the final game.

I have added details about stream times and time zones in the OP.

• Alt text

So Minecraft Story Mode news at Minecon, than Wolf Among Us news at SDCC. Right? Heh?

• Official Minecon countdown if you wanna add it into the description @OzzyUK - http://minecon.mojang.com

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I already added a countdown for the Telltale panel, i will add the minecon website but it doesn't have too much information :P

Official Minecon countdown if you wanna add it into the description @OzzyUK - http://minecon.mojang.com

• o

OzzyUK posted: »

I already added a countdown for the Telltale panel, i will add the minecon website but it doesn't have too much information :P

• edited July 2015

All I know about Minecon is that I can download the dedodated WAMs.

• Will Minecon be live on Twich or somewhere else?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

It'll be on Twitch, there's a link in the OP.

Smellmeh posted: »

Will Minecon be live on Twich or somewhere else?

• edited July 2015

:3

Yeah I saw that. I wonder if Telltale is planning on releasing this before Walking Dead S3.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I refer you to this thread also welcome to the forums:

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/90324/3

• [Cough] Did you read the bottom of the main post?

Reminder of Forum Guideline 1.3

1.3 Please try to keep off topic posts to a minimum. If you decide to discuss something off topic, consider making a new topic instead. If you think a certain topic is not worth discussing, don't try to destroy the ongoing discussion with arguments, off topic posts, ironic jokes, excessive use of pictures/gifs/videos, or anything else that will derail the thread. Just refrain from posting in that thread, or flag any posts if necessary.

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. Thanks!

LeFedore posted: »

All I know about Minecon is that I can download the dedodated WAMs.

• Oh well, might as well be excited and see what kind of info they give us. :)

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Quoting that tweet for people who don't wanna open a new link:

WATCH: http://www.twitch.tv/event/minecon
    10:30am BST (London)
    5:30am EDT (Eastern US)
    4:30am CDT (Central)
    2:30am PDT (Pacific)

...and on that note, holy friggin' crap. 4:30 am Central? Jeez, I'll have to get up really early!

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/status/617141549026181120 Oooooo it's happening

• Mine would be 5:30 AM, which is usually the time I go to bed during the summer so I'm good :P

Quoting that tweet for people who don't wanna open a new link: WATCH: http://www.twitch.tv/event/minecon 10:30am BST (London) 5:

• Alt text

Lets see what they got tomorrow!

• I did some snooping, and that's just when general/generic Minecon event streaming starts... I think, anyways. The panel with Minecraft: Story Mode info isn't until later, but it seems odd that Telltale would be advertising when the general streaming prior to their panel starts so maybe they will appear before the panel as well? I dunno.

Mine would be 5:30 AM, which is usually the time I go to bed during the summer so I'm good :P

• edited July 2015

Blind, you are a Community Moderator who's opinion and statements are of yours and not of Telltale. You cannot blame yourself for not knowing something. It's OK buddy

I did some snooping, and that's just when general/generic Minecon event streaming starts... I think, anyways. The panel with Minecraft: Stor

• Can't wait to see the pile of shit they've been working on for so long now. If it's rated E (everyone) I'm going to be pissed.

• edited July 2015

Well wigams its obviously gonna be e(everyone)or(13+ rating) its minecraft so i dont know what more u would expect other then e rating or (13+ rating)

Wigams posted: »

Can't wait to see the pile of shit they've been working on for so long now. If it's rated E (everyone) I'm going to be pissed.

• edited July 2015

-> tfw doesn't know what the game looks like or will be about

-> immediately presumes it'll be shit

Can't wait to see the pile of shit they've been working on for so long now. If it's rated E (everyone) I'm going to be pissed.

• It could T for Teen at most, but I have a hard time seeing it be a M game

Lehfeels posted: »

Well wigams its obviously gonna be e(everyone)or(13+ rating) its minecraft so i dont know what more u would expect other then e rating or (13+ rating)

• edited July 2015

Mhm

-> tfw doesn't know what the game looks like or will be about -> immediately presumes it'll be shit

• edited July 2015

Ok but i see it being more everyone then teen i feel its gonna be fun child humor that all can enjoy but yea i could also see it at a high possiblity the rating will be teen rating but i also do have a hard time thinking it would be a mature game since that would be out of place for minecraft so i get ya

It could T for Teen at most, but I have a hard time seeing it be a M game

• I expect a story similar to Tales from the Borderlands. Mature humor

• edited July 2015

Well its obviously not gonna go that mature since alot of the minecraft fanbase would be uh playing this i suppose it would be 13+ teen rating but not mature rating teen rating at most i would say

I expect a story similar to Tales from the Borderlands. Mature humor

• Well I probably won't be playing it if that's the case. Personally I think it would be a mistake....I mean my 13 year old cousin plays minecraft every single day and has never heard of Minecraft story mode. or telltale for that matter.

Well its obviously not gonna go that mature since alot of the minecraft fanbase would be uh playing this i suppose it would be 13+ teen rating but not mature rating teen rating at most i would say

• Because E rated Telltale games have never been done before, and are automatically bad. Okay then.

Also, I see you missed the bottom of the first post [Cough]

1.3 Please try to keep off topic posts to a minimum. If you decide to discuss something off topic, consider making a new topic instead. If you think a certain topic is not worth discussing, don't try to destroy the ongoing discussion with arguments, off topic posts, ironic jokes, excessive use of pictures/gifs/videos, or anything else that will derail the thread. Just refrain from posting in that thread, or flag any posts if necessary.

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. Thanks!

• Just because Telltale's current popular titles are all M-rated, it doesn't mean they can't do family friendly games. Most of Telltale's games prior to Walking Dead were comedy puzzle games that were E, E10+ or T, and people then had similar reactions to Walking Dead being announced that you and others have had with Minecraft being announced.

I expect a story similar to Tales from the Borderlands. Mature humor

• edited July 2015

Indeed @blind sniper a good example is when telltale made light hearted games back before twd s2 from my research has made a bunch of good light hearted titles

Just because Telltale's current popular titles are all M-rated, it doesn't mean they can't do family friendly games. Most of Telltale's game

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

At this point, I'm just going to start flagging posts instead as I've left enough open warnings. If you aren't interested in Minecraft: Story Mode, that's fine and we definitely don't want to stop people from sharing critical feedback here on the forums.

However, this thread is not the place to do so. Jokes about "dedotated wam", comments about an E-rated Telltale game being an automatic failure, and the likes need to go elsewhere.

• [removed]

Because E rated Telltale games have never been done before, and are automatically bad. Okay then. Also, I see you missed the bottom of th

• Sam and max is RATED MATURE!!!!!

Indeed @blind sniper a good example is when telltale made light hearted games back before twd s2 from my research has made a bunch of good light hearted titles

• can u just stop now we should stay on topic

Sam and max is RATED MATURE!!!!!

• Wow I need to wake up at 4 AM for news. Feel bad for Europeans having to wait early mornings for news all the time. But now it's North America's turn ;-;

• That's just when the Minecon event starts in general. Unless Telltale will be making any appearances prior to their panel, it will still be later in the day as far as I know.

Wow I need to wake up at 4 AM for news. Feel bad for Europeans having to wait early mornings for news all the time. But now it's North America's turn ;-;

Sign in to comment in this discussion.