Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Oh I thought their tweet was an approximate announcement time. Oh well. Will the broadcast/announcement be archived to watch later?

That's just when the Minecon event starts in general. Unless Telltale will be making any appearances prior to their panel, it will still be later in the day as far as I know.

• So while we wait...

You never answered my question on why you think Telltale's Marvel game will be Guardians of the Galaxy lol

That's just when the Minecon event starts in general. Unless Telltale will be making any appearances prior to their panel, it will still be later in the day as far as I know.

• Oh I thought their tweet was an approximate announcement time. Oh well.

I was confused about that too, as OzzyUK earlier found a schedule saying the Telltale panel would be later than the times Telltale posted just recently. I looked on the Minecon Twitch schedule and found out that the times Telltale tweeted about are when general streaming for the Minecon event starts. Maybe Telltale will make an early appearance at the start of the event too, but I don't know.

Will the broadcast/announcement be archived to watch later?

Most broadcasts for events aired on Twitch such as this are usually archived.

Oh I thought their tweet was an approximate announcement time. Oh well. Will the broadcast/announcement be archived to watch later?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Oh, I just guessed that because the movie is coming out in 2017 as well and Avengers has a lot of characters so it's not as likely in my opinion. I'm going to guess they are focusing on the cinematic universe since it's more mainstream. I mean, they could do comics but more people are familiar with the movies - kinda like how Game of Thrones is also based off the show and not the movie. It would make sense.

EDIT: Oh, Avengers doesn't even come out until 2018, but I didn't see Spiderman also comes out in 2017. That's a possibility too, as both series are notable because of the movies.

So while we wait... You never answered my question on why you think Telltale's Marvel game will be Guardians of the Galaxy lol

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Telltale is due to be on at 4:30 PM BST on the "S1 stage", there is a specific countdown for that in the OP along with a alternate countdown and a time zone list.

Oh I thought their tweet was an approximate announcement time. Oh well. Will the broadcast/announcement be archived to watch later?

• Wow I really need to open my eyes for once. Thank you.

OzzyUK posted: »

Telltale is due to be on at 4:30 PM BST on the "S1 stage", there is a specific countdown for that in the OP along with a alternate countdown and a time zone list.

• I hope if they follow the cinematic universe, they do a sequel series to the Amazing Spiderman movies since they're rebooting it again (I hate the guy they've choose for the new one). But personally, I'd rather not see anything mainstream if it's gonna be in the cinematic universe. They could focus on a superhero not even mentioned in MCU so far and just make a story about him while the events of Avengers and etc are going on.

Personally, I'd rather have Telltale do it in either the comic universe or get the rights to just make a universe of their own so they can tell their own Spiderman story or whatever, just taking inspiration from the comics like the movies do.

Oh, I just guessed that because the movie is coming out in 2017 as well and Avengers has a lot of characters so it's not as likely in my opi

edited July 2015

I don't want this to get off topic for much longer so I think after this that discussion should go elsewhere, but personally speaking I'd love to see a Deadpool or a Ironman game from Telltale! EDIT: Oh, forgot Daredevil too!

I hope if they follow the cinematic universe, they do a sequel series to the Amazing Spiderman movies since they're rebooting it again (I ha

• Oh sorry, I was just trying to pass the time. Is there any chance we could make an official Marvel thread focusing on speculation till we get news or is it too soon?

I don't want this to get off topic for much longer so I think after this that discussion should go elsewhere, but personally speaking I'd love to see a Deadpool or a Ironman game from Telltale! EDIT: Oh, forgot Daredevil too!

edited July 2015

Don't worry, you aren't in trouble and I wasn't getting into you or anything. I just wanted to make sure this thread stays on topic. :) It's far too soon for a waiting thread, but others have made threads speculating which series they think the Marvel game will be from. You can revive one of those threads if you like.

EDIT: I misread your post and thought you said waiting thread and not speculation thread. If you want, that's something we can consider. In the meantime, here's a previous speculation thread if you wanna bump it - which is ok in this case.

https://www.telltalegames.com/community/discussion/94668/telltale-and-marvel-what-would-this-game-be-about

Oh sorry, I was just trying to pass the time. Is there any chance we could make an official Marvel thread focusing on speculation till we get news or is it too soon?

• It's weird, when I first saw the announcement of this game despite my defending of it I wasn't really excited at all for it, but I just can't wait to see what Telltale has to show for us tomorrow :P

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Are you ready for a story :P

A couple of weeks ago i was looking up information about London minecon as Telltale hinted they would be there and i noticed that there where refunded tickets on sale, being a fan of Telltale and the fact they hardly come to do UK conventions i decided to be slightly crazy and buy a ticket (even though i am not a huge minecraft fan) and i am currently in London. It's going to be pretty cool to meet Laura and Job and to watch a Telltale panel in person :D

Alt text

• Same here, I guess the concept of it didn't really help in getting me excited for something that I personally don't care much for. However, I'm still interested as to what Telltale think they can get out of this in terms of a story.

Green613 posted: »

It's weird, when I first saw the announcement of this game despite my defending of it I wasn't really excited at all for it, but I just can't wait to see what Telltale has to show for us tomorrow :P

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Have a fun time Ozzy.

Are you ready for a story :P A couple of weeks ago i was looking up information about London minecon as Telltale hinted they would be the

• Nice man. Have fun

Are you ready for a story :P A couple of weeks ago i was looking up information about London minecon as Telltale hinted they would be the

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited July 2015

It's pretty cool to be meeting the rad @OzzyUK here! Can confirm, he is equally awesome in person. We are sitting in the front row of the opening session right now. I'd post a pic of the stage, but bandwidth is very hard to come by!

if you watch the livestream, there might just be a Telltale-related surprise... ;)

• WOW!

Hello Laura and Job from us ;D

<3

• I HEARD DAVE FENNOY

GAME LOOKS SICK BTW

DAVE FENNOY IS HYPE THOUGH

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

check the blog ;)

I HEARD DAVE FENNOY GAME LOOKS SICK BTW DAVE FENNOY IS HYPE THOUGH

• edited July 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU

A trailer is out. Honestly, it looks bad in my opinion. But you guys may enjoy so yeah, do so :P

• edited July 2015

The only names that come to mind are Dave Fennoy and Ashley Johnson, I'm guessing Ashley voices the girl that's with the main protagonist. EDIT: Whoops, I see Scott Porter there too :p

Game looks pretty hype though, can't wait for this :P

check the blog

• ArthurVArthurV Telltale Alumni

Good ear!

I HEARD DAVE FENNOY GAME LOOKS SICK BTW DAVE FENNOY IS HYPE THOUGH

• edited July 2015

Well, that's one telltale game I won't be spending my precious money on. Indifferent to the trailer really. Can't see this being an immerseve story with those graphics as well.

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

Hellooooo! :D

Karnedg2013 posted: »

WOW! Hello Laura and Job from us ;D

• Looks really boring imo. I liked dave fennoys voice though

ata95 posted: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU A trailer is out. Honestly, it looks bad in my opinion. But you guys may enjoy so yeah, do so :P

• Dig Build Live, a fan-made Minecraft animation, run by 5 guys looks way better than this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU A trailer is out. Honestly, it looks bad in my opinion. But you guys may enjoy so yeah, do so :P

• Laura Perusco answered me??? o_O

YOU MY BEST Telltale-STUF, pretty women! :)

Alt text

puzzlebox posted: »

Hellooooo!

• I can't say I will buy the first episode, but I will keep my eye on the game.

• Trailer looks AWESOME!

And I love music!

Jared again doing AMAZING job :)

• It isn't that bad,look at me i will only play it because dave(lee's va) is in the game.DUH.

• Agreed.

OrsonWelles posted: »

Well, that's one telltale game I won't be spending my precious money on. Indifferent to the trailer really. Can't see this being an immerseve story with those graphics as well.

• I would buy the first episode to test it then if I like it the season pass that's just how I work with new telltalegames

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

I'm excited, looks interesting.

• edited July 2015

Because DBL's animations are pre-rendered.

In which TT's are real-time.

TheMPerson posted: »

Dig Build Live, a fan-made Minecraft animation, run by 5 guys looks way better than this...

• Just saw the trailer looks pretty great!

• Looks better than I expected, but I'm still not interested. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe I'll change my opinion in the upcoming months. We'll see.

• Join us Pipas...

You'll soon make an iron sword out of stone...

Pipas posted: »

Looks better than I expected, but I'm still not interested. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Maybe I'll change my opinion in the upcoming months. We'll see.

• Billy West is also in it. This really made my day.

The only names that come to mind are Dave Fennoy and Ashley Johnson, I'm guessing Ashley voices the girl that's with the main protagonist. EDIT: Whoops, I see Scott Porter there too Game looks pretty hype though, can't wait for this :P

edited July 2015

Hmh, didn't think Telltale would have surprises so early after all...

...and I was two hours late to miss the trailer and update the thread!

OH NOOOO

• I just watched the trailer and it looks alright.

Btw is that Ashley Johnson's voice? o.o

Sign in to comment in this discussion.