What Do YOU Want Regarding Boderlands 3 and Handsome Jack (The Ultimate Poll Thread)

13»

Comments

• But he DID try to kill that Claptrap. And he let Wilhelm die. So no, he doesn't take of his team.

He said he was going to destroy all Claptraps and he did, but one. He said he poisoned Wilhelm. He would take that victory from you a little

• edited July 2015

Playable Loaderbot as your loyal sidekick.

• Whether intentional or not, Jack is totally borderline personality, having grown up with that I have a sympathy for his thinking processes. We don't know if he tried to kill claptrap because he was betrayed by him, or simply that the claptrap units are malfunctioning robots. Letting Wilhelm die was part of the job of being a mercenary. He didn't personally kill him, just put him in a dangerous situation, which is what he was paid to do.

LeFedore posted: »

But he DID try to kill that Claptrap. And he let Wilhelm die. So no, he doesn't take of his team.

• Actually, the Claptastic Voyage DLC shows him betraying Claptrap. After getting what he needs from his systems he shoots the main Claptrap, then has the rest destroyed. He poisoned Wilhelm, which means he INTENDED for him to die. It's an asshole thing to do, and not "looking out for his team".

Whether intentional or not, Jack is totally borderline personality, having grown up with that I have a sympathy for his thinking processes.

• Define Jack: All of the above, which is why he's misunderstood. He wants to be a hero, but doesn't understand the morality of his actions because he is mentally unsound. He is sadistic and power hungry, but he really believes that he is doing what's right. He is an extremely complex character and, next to Andrew Ryan, Vaas, and Loghain, is one of the best video game villains in history.

Favourite Antagonist: Currently my favourite is Vasquez, because I find him hilarious, and because his conflict with Rhys felt the most intense (at the time). However depending on how the series goes on, my favourite antagonist may end up being Jack and/or Vaughn (still don't trust him).

Who would I want to be: Honestly? none of them. Pandora is a s#!thole. If I had to choose I guess I'd pick Fiona. Yeah I know she's female which would be weird for me (duh) but everyone else has it (even) worse than she does; Rhys and Vaughn are surrounded by people they can't trust every day of their lives (probably why Rhys values friendship so much, and gets happy if you refer to him as a friend), Athena is a badass and is in a good relationship, but has a terrible past, the antagonists are......well antagonists, Dumpy isn't sentient and the other robots don't have complete free will/can be controlled, Shade is insane, I don't know enough about Felix to make an informed decision on his life, and Sasha basically has the same life as Fiona, but with less potential.

• he looks out for his team but"his team" means anyone who is useful to him, once you're not useful to him you get chugged out an airlock or shot in your wonderfully sized mainframe.

LeFedore posted: »

Actually, the Claptastic Voyage DLC shows him betraying Claptrap. After getting what he needs from his systems he shoots the main Claptrap,

• a LoaderBot class could be cool.

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Jack in BL3?: Yes, but not as the villain. It would be cool to see a greater/more powerful evil emerge that makes the Vault Hunters and Jack

• edited July 2015

Weren't there multiple unused audio clips of Dumpy saying that his real name was Topher, and that he was trapped in a robot body?

AdamGoodtme posted: »

Define Jack: All of the above, which is why he's misunderstood. He wants to be a hero, but doesn't understand the morality of his actions be

Sign in to comment in this discussion.