Why isn't this being talked about?

I'm not sure if this has been talked about (forgive me if it has, I must have skipped past it), but how the hell did Sasha manage to easily catch a man with a ROBOTIC ARM?

Alt text

Not to mention how heavy Rhys must be with wiring and all that other nonsense (possibly aka Handsome Jack) in his head and upper body.

Nice flirtation though, Rhys. Boys, take lessons.

Comments

• I thought this was a bit weird too, especially seeing as how Fiona complains about Rhys being unreasonably heavy earlier (if you trusted Fiona). But then you've got to remember that this story is being told in retrospect, so most things are exaggerated at least a little, but potentially sometimes a lot. Rhys may not have literally fallen into Sasha's arms, but maybe that's just the way he described it in his recount?

• I believe the best explanation is that Sasha is a lot stronger than she looks.

• That could be true.

But if he said this in his recount, wouldn't he want to take out all the shy and awkward bits he has with her? Make it sound like he's smooth? Fiona wasn't there, so she couldn't deny it.

I thought this was a bit weird too, especially seeing as how Fiona complains about Rhys being unreasonably heavy earlier (if you trusted Fio

• Because forced awkwardness

• The power of their love gave her strength, I don't know.

• tru

Poogers555 posted: »

Because forced awkwardness

• Yeah, but a robotic arm? If Fiona struggles while just giving him a boost, then how would her younger sister even manage to hold him up?

armis37 posted: »

I believe the best explanation is that Sasha is a lot stronger than she looks.

• edited July 2015

Now that I think about it.

Fiona cant lift Rhys easy, and Rhys cant lift Fiona.

And now Sasha can carry Rhys, and Rhys can pull Sasha up.

Alt text

• u ded wrong get rhackt

The power of their love gave her strength, I don't know.

• I think the same explanation stands - Sasha is a lot stronger than she looks. :) Plus, the age doesn't mean that she must be weaker.

Yeah, but a robotic arm? If Fiona struggles while just giving him a boost, then how would her younger sister even manage to hold him up?

• Maybe he fell on his face in a pile of poop and it was so embarrassing he switched it out with another awkward moment when telling it? Hue

That could be true. But if he said this in his recount, wouldn't he want to take out all the shy and awkward bits he has with her? Make it sound like he's smooth? Fiona wasn't there, so she couldn't deny it.

• Haha, true.

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Maybe he fell on his face in a pile of poop and it was so embarrassing he switched it out with another awkward moment when telling it? Hue

• Eh.

armis37 posted: »

I think the same explanation stands - Sasha is a lot stronger than she looks. Plus, the age doesn't mean that she must be weaker.

• Alt text

Now that I think about it. Fiona cant lift Rhys easy, and Rhys cant lift Fiona. And now Sasha can carry Rhys, and Rhys can pull Sasha up.

• Maybe Sasha is secretly buff too and has stellar abs =D

• It was probably just to make that joke, it doesn't have to make sense.

• Fiona struggles while just giving him a boost

It was the ice cream B)

Yeah, but a robotic arm? If Fiona struggles while just giving him a boost, then how would her younger sister even manage to hold him up?

• Exactly. I totally agree. It was just for laughs.

TheJack posted: »

It was probably just to make that joke, it doesn't have to make sense.

• Yeah, that part actually puzzled me in hindsight.

You'd think that Rhys would be super embarrassed to be talking about hitting on Fiona's sister in front of her - or at the very least that Fiona would have interjected with a few snarky comments (or at least a "yuck" a'la the option with August and Sasha at the Purple Skag).

That could be true. But if he said this in his recount, wouldn't he want to take out all the shy and awkward bits he has with her? Make it sound like he's smooth? Fiona wasn't there, so she couldn't deny it.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Yeah I suspect Sasha is a mad powerlifter (what else is there to do on Pandora other than steal stuff and shoot folk).

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Maybe Sasha is secretly buff too and has stellar abs =D

• Alt text

u ded wrong get rhackt

• Alt text

u ded wrong get rhackt

• To be honest with the way they seem to repulse each other in the present day he would probably exploit any opportunity to wind Fiona up.

Yeah, that part actually puzzled me in hindsight. You'd think that Rhys would be super embarrassed to be talking about hitting on Fiona's

• Because Funninez

• edited July 2015

what else is there to do on Pandora other than steal stuff and shoot folk

Carry good looking Hyperion guys with fashionable hair and strange stick-on tie addictions?

Alt text

[cue sexy Rhys saxophone theme.]

kenjisalk posted: »

Yeah I suspect Sasha is a mad powerlifter (what else is there to do on Pandora other than steal stuff and shoot folk).

• Just wait until Vaughn pulls all of them up with one arm

Now that I think about it. Fiona cant lift Rhys easy, and Rhys cant lift Fiona. And now Sasha can carry Rhys, and Rhys can pull Sasha up.

• "how the hell did Sasha manage to easily catch a man with a ROBOTIC ARM?"

It's the power of love! #rhysha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ

• Out of interest, did you ever catch any of your teammates/Ellie once?

Axton posted: »

"how the hell did Sasha manage to easily catch a man with a ROBOTIC ARM?" It's the power of love! #rhysha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ

• According to Axton when he took over the ECHOcast twitter, Maya gave a piggyback ride to Krieg.

You know, THIS GUY:

Alt text

• She's a siren though...

LawmanZero posted: »

According to Axton when he took over the ECHOcast twitter, Maya gave a piggyback ride to Krieg. You know, THIS GUY:

• Her cool powers don't include super strength though, only her Phaselock ability as far as I know.

She's a siren though...

• Hey, for all we know, Rhys may have made up that part of the story!

• Nah, Vault Hunters have shields, which means we don't have to worry about "fall damage", we just jump and enjoy the view...

LawmanZero posted: »

Out of interest, did you ever catch any of your teammates/Ellie once?

• "As a mere mortal you couldn't break free of those metal chains - but as a god-like siren they pose no problem to you!" Pretty sure this means sirens are just all around super-human, including their strength.

Rock114 posted: »

Her cool powers don't include super strength though, only her Phaselock ability as far as I know.

• Or, jump down, make a three point landing, get up and be so Badass every bandit's testicles will disintegrate in shame.

Axton posted: »

Nah, Vault Hunters have shields, which means we don't have to worry about "fall damage", we just jump and enjoy the view...

• By the power of love of course!

Alt text

• Alt text

By the power of love of course!

• That wasn't Maya though... that was Brick. Who is not a Siren. Most of that video also took place in Tina's head.

"As a mere mortal you couldn't break free of those metal chains - but as a god-like siren they pose no problem to you!" Pretty sure this means sirens are just all around super-human, including their strength.

• You mean forced bullshit?

I think my description's more accurate.

By the power of love of course!

Sign in to comment in this discussion.