Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Oops my mistake.

The pig in the Wolf Among Us is named Collin, in Story Mode I believe they said the pig's name is Rueben.

• Nope. This game has its own characters, i believe we will be playing as jesse, or maybe we will play as multiple characters.

Lol this looks so awesome and creative. Children and ages all over will enjoy this game XD. Hopefully you'll get to create your own characters too and stuff you do in the actual game. It got me sorta interested.

• I-I already love Rueben.

The pig in the Wolf Among Us is named Collin, in Story Mode I believe they said the pig's name is Rueben.

• It'll probably switch between Jesse and that girl from the start.

That's my guess anyways.

Smellmeh posted: »

Nope. This game has its own characters, i believe we will be playing as jesse, or maybe we will play as multiple characters.

• Same here, except i dont think he will love me, just because i murdered his family in the orginal minecraft game. :P

RhysAndLee posted: »

I-I already love Rueben.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I know it's a bit late but if anyone missed the Minecon panel or wants to watch it again i uploaded it to youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFgbYMeJb4

• KevBru tweeted:
    #overheardatTTG "We're gonna need to tweak the chicken bit"

...might be Minecraft related, I'm guessing.

• Thanks Ozzy! :D

OzzyUK posted: »

I know it's a bit late but if anyone missed the Minecon panel or wants to watch it again i uploaded it to youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFgbYMeJb4

• edited July 2015

I guess I'm... how can I put this? Conflicted?

On one hand, you have Telltale Games who continue to make tremendous titles, whatever title that may be. But, on the other hand, it's Minecraft. A game made originally with absolute zero plot or story, but was instead catering to creative minds with a knack for creating.

I guess I'll hold off my full judgement for now, but at the moment, I can't really say I'm too excited for this upcoming title.

It's not to say that I don't want this to succeed. Because I really, REALLY want it to. And if anyone can pull it off, it's definitely Telltale.

• I will most likely buy the first episode, if I don't have the money I will do like I did TFTBL and TWD, watch the first 30 mins of the 1st episode and judge the genre. Telltale hasnt disappointed me there :P

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Shouldn't we get rid of the "News at Minecon (July 4th/5th)" part of the title since it is over?

• Done and done.

dojo32161 posted: »

Shouldn't we get rid of the "News at Minecon (July 4th/5th)" part of the title since it is over?

• Can you please tell on which second boy asked Job that there will be DLC like "400 Days" ? :D

I know it's a bit late but if anyone missed the Minecon panel or wants to watch it again i uploaded it to youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFgbYMeJb4

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's at 56:00.

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Can you please tell on which second boy asked Job that there will be DLC like "400 Days" ?

• edited July 2015

Hah. Such funny boy :D

Job's laughing xD

Thanks Ozzy!

It's at 56:00.

• Agree! XD

Are his parents even aware of him playing a rated M game?! :P

Then again a lot of kids play Call Of Duty, and Mortal Kombate, so really there is no difference. but still that part was funny! :D

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Hah. Such funny boy Job's laughing xD Thanks Ozzy!

• Thread: When dose the game realese

Everyone wants to know that

• Come on tell us

Sometime this year, I'd probably say before TWD:M, so most likely early to mid Fall.

• My guess, late August or early September

• I dose not no.

Thread: When dose the game realese Everyone wants to know that

• I am expecting november.

• I am sorry sir, but we have spotted a spelling error in your title thread.

When "dose" the game "realese"

Make that 2, and maybe you did these on purpose.

• I think there is no release date yet, telltale usually don't give us one until it's close.

• I call December.

• JenniferJennifer Moderator

No release date has been announced yet other than 2015, but The Walking Dead: Michonne is scheduled to be released in late fall, so since lately Telltale seems to release it's games pretty close together, I'd expect it would be close to that.

Alt text

• That's Jens "Jeb" Bergensten, the Co-Founder of Minecraft's former indie studio - now owned by Microsoft Incorporated - Mojang.

The main founder, and developer, goes by the name Markus "Notch" Persson.

I think it's supposed to be a minecraft version of person who tweeted the pic (Jens Bergensten) This is a real image of him

• I wonder if Tales from the Borderlands will be finished before Jesus' appearance. Not meaning to complain, I'm even not a fan of the game anyway, I only like The Walking Dead: The Game - Season Two and Game of Thrones. Well, I'll probably be a fan of Minecraft: Story Mode. I can't judge, since I never played the game. Nor that I plan to.

Figured I'd bump this due to this tweet: https://twitter.com/jobjstauffer/status/566381942862401536 Wow, seems like this game is a lot

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited July 2015

I just checked the Australian Classification Board to see if there where any updates for Tales from the Boderlands and i noticed that Minecraft Story Mode has been rated PG.

Alt text

Website Link

Edit: It has also been rated by PEGI.

Alt text

• Looks like M:SM is coming way earlier than I thought. I'm expecting a late August-early September now that we have ratings.

I just checked the Australian Classification Board to see if there where any updates for Tales from the Boderlands and i noticed that Minecraft Story Mode has been rated PG. Website Link Edit: It has also been rated by PEGI.

edited July 2015

Alt text

So I guess that would be the name of its first episode?

I just checked the Australian Classification Board to see if there where any updates for Tales from the Boderlands and i noticed that Minecraft Story Mode has been rated PG. Website Link Edit: It has also been rated by PEGI.

So the first episode of TFTB was rated on November 11th of 2014 and it came out 14 days later while the first episode of GOT was rated on October 24th 2014 and it came out 39 days later, so it's possible this might arrive next month or the month after.

• So the first episode is called The Order of the Stone?

That would be a safe bet.

So the first episode is called The Order of the Stone?

• edited July 2015

Wow is happening already? Wow...and to think they at least finish their 2 games, but guess not. Better start saving money then. I live in brazil so the price for me should be $45 something, just like other TTG.

PEGI 12? So there will be swearing, but not like TWD and other M rated games so should be alright for the kids. I think i will like this game.

• I had already noticed that the trailer shown during the Minecon Livestream had a PEGI rating (hence why I've mentioned in previous comments that I expect Minecraft: Story Mode to premiere before Michonne), but the Australian Classification rating is certainly new. I previously wasn't sure if the PEGI rating was just from an early build so they could show the rating during the Minecon trailer or not.

Wolf Among Us also had something like this happen back during its release in late 2013, where we got a Season trailer in mid/late August while the Season later premiered in early October. As others said, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the Minecraft premiere in August or September since we already have a trailer and ratings - and, although others are complaining that they are potentially preparing this release during Game of Thrones and Borderlands, I actually think it's a pleasant surprise as I think three concurrent series would be neat as a first time event for Telltale as long as Telltale handled it well.

• Damn, that late August prediction is looking pretty good right now.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I just checked the New Zealand Office of Film and Literature Classification website which i forgot to do yesterday and noticed that they have also rated it and have listed Dennis Lenart and Graham Ross as directors.

Alt text

As others said, I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see the Minecraft premiere in August or September since we already have a trailer and ratings - and, although others are complaining that they are potentially preparing this release during Game of Thrones and Borderlands, I actually think it's a pleasant surprise as I think three concurrent series would be neat as a first time event for Telltale as long as Telltale handled it well.

It's a possibility but i personally think they will wait until one of the other series has finished first which will most likely be Game of Thrones, they also have PAX Prime in August where they will most likely have a playable demo but they could surprise us and have three games out at once :P

I had already noticed that the trailer shown during the Minecon Livestream had a PEGI rating (hence why I've mentioned in previous comments

• I haven't been on the Release thread in a while and we actually have news! That's great!

Alt text

Sign in to comment in this discussion.