Plot points that were not covered in Fables 150.

So in spite of a lot of stuff being dealt with in the last issue, there are still some plot points (both old and new) that haven't been covered yet:

• Boy Blue is apparently restored in the last issue, and he is due to perform at a jazz club. But earlier in the series, he demands a payment from Rose in the form of a kiss. This is never dealt with (I don't think Blue interacts with anyone from the series!) but tbh, it's not a big plot point :P

• Rapunzel's twins are never discovered. This was a plot point for Fairest Volume 2, but Rapunzel never found her daughters by the end of it... And even in the last issue, this matter is never dealt with.

• Charming's war against Sinbad isn't covered. Ok, I know this was a Last Story from Volume 21, but this is still a serious matter that should be dealt with.

• Gepetto's plan to start a war with Pinocchio for control of the Mundane World is hinted at, but never covered...

Anyone else feel that these points should be covered at some point in the future???

Comments

• Hazzate, forget it. The ghost from christimas issue IS NOT BOY BLUE!

• Looks like him though :P

Beetle1 posted: »

Hazzate, forget it. The ghost from christimas issue IS NOT BOY BLUE!

• You are lucky you got to even read it! The comic book shops in my town are either sold out or didn't receive them yet due to mailing problems. Lol

• Dude, I don't live near a comic book shop! My pre-order won't come to me until August 5th! >:(

I found this on reddit, and asked a friend who had read the issue for clarification...

You are lucky you got to even read it! The comic book shops in my town are either sold out or didn't receive them yet due to mailing problems. Lol

• edited July 2015

I read downloaded scans. Suck it! MWAHAHAHAHHAN

• When you have stuff brought up in vignettes titled "The Last [character name here] story," I don't think you can reasonably expect to ever get more on them, lol. The idea, at least as I took it, is that these stories go on and on, into infinity, more or less, and these are the last ones we get to see. Not the last ever. I imagine Willingham wanted to leave the world he'd created living and breathing, growing and evolving in the imaginations of the reader, not something static, ended, and done with a bow on it.

• I agree, but they will all die in the end... Bufkin is proof of that.

Either way, what I'm saying is that the opportunity to write more is ever there :)

Nanook posted: »

When you have stuff brought up in vignettes titled "The Last [character name here] story," I don't think you can reasonably expect to ever g

• Not gonna share them with anyone else here then?

• Where did u find them? :O

• Maybe my shitty english confuse you guys, but i dont found any scan of Fables 150. I'm saying i read scans, just it.
    With lucky, i gonna find a scan from 150, so i send to you guys. =)

DeanML posted: »

Where did u find them? :O

• You're right that these points weren't covered. But I don't think they are enough for Willingham to get back into Fables (sadly).

If you read Willingham's Afterword "Part One: The Preamble." he mentions the following:

"There is no more story to tell. Sure we could go on a bit longer.....hint at what happened in the Bigby and Snow family during the uncounted centuries which took place between the final page page of the larger main story in this volume, and the big double barreled gatefold at the end (and he mentions several of other characters' last stories that stories can be expanded upon)........But that would be just adding detail for its own sake........We've told our bit about FABLES, and even left a few roadmarks to help you find your way from here........."

It seems to be pretty clear to me (at least Willingham) is done with Fables. He might (though still very highly unlikely) take on a sequel to TWAU Season 1 (and set before issue #1 of main series) if asked by Telltale as an advisor role (or writer of Season 2 if fans get really, really lucky), but anything post Volume 22 main story (but before or after Snow and Bigby's last story) timeline wise, I just don't see happening.

Sorry mate, I know that's probably not the answer you wanted to hear, but that's the strong vibe I'm getting after reading the whole volume.

• Well, all good things must come to and end. But even so, you never know what the future may bring...

CoolGuyJ posted: »

You're right that these points weren't covered. But I don't think they are enough for Willingham to get back into Fables (sadly). If you

• edited August 2015

Hey Hazza, I've read all the issues of Fables, but while waiting for the last issue I've lost some scenes from the story. Can you please tell me what happened to Beauty and her daughter after Bigby killed Beast? And as well about Briar Rose? I knew she killed herself and yet she appears in the last issue. Or Ozma? Damn I'm 2 lazy to read them again.

• edited August 2015

Beauty and Bliss went back to homelands, Briar Rose "killed" herself after issue 150 when castle was rebuilded and Ozma was killed by Bigby.
    For more info read 144, 147 and 149.

Hey Hazza, I've read all the issues of Fables, but while waiting for the last issue I've lost some scenes from the story. Can you please tel

• The only one I really mind is Geppettos. Does anyone know what happened with that?

• Yeah.... What @Mieor37 said :P

Hey Hazza, I've read all the issues of Fables, but while waiting for the last issue I've lost some scenes from the story. Can you please tel

• Well issue 150 ends with him planning to start a war with Pinocchio so he can rule over the Mundy world... He plans it out, and presumably WILL carry it out, but that tale will likely never be told now :(

Lord_EAA posted: »

The only one I really mind is Geppettos. Does anyone know what happened with that?

• Why willingham? Why the heck would you leave that open ?

HazzatheMan posted: »

Well issue 150 ends with him planning to start a war with Pinocchio so he can rule over the Mundy world... He plans it out, and presumably WILL carry it out, but that tale will likely never be told now

• IMHO. I think he wanted issue 150 to just be DONE and over with...

I've read parts of it (I got my copy today finally!!) and there is so much potential for more stories to be told. But in his afterword he states that writing more would just be 'adding onto detail' seeing as the stories of these character's are technically infinite.

Whether he will come back or not is up in the air. He says that writing more would be kinda pointless, but the fans want more...

Why willingham? Why the heck would you leave that open ?

• Yeah i just hope his new series dosent make everyone want that instead.

IMHO. I think he wanted issue 150 to just be DONE and over with... I've read parts of it (I got my copy today finally!!) and there is so

• Depends on how good it is :P

Bill's first success was Fables! Before that he was writing odd issues for other comic series', and the ones he tried to start just didn't get off the ground :/

Yeah i just hope his new series dosent make everyone want that instead.

• Maybe thats why he stopped this in the first place. He wanted other ideas to get off the ground so he stopped fables. Then theres no competition (well except all the hundreds of other comic series but you het my point)

Depends on how good it is :P Bill's first success was Fables! Before that he was writing odd issues for other comic series', and the ones he tried to start just didn't get off the ground

• I have a theory. Snow White and Rose Red aren't really sisters. White Snow is actually daugther of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark.

• What the hell? :P

It was already proven in Fables that Snow and Rose are sisters from the same Mother...

• No, R+L=S.

What the hell? :P It was already proven in Fables that Snow and Rose are sisters from the same Mother...

• Hazza its b8 m8

What the hell? :P It was already proven in Fables that Snow and Rose are sisters from the same Mother...

• Thanks for the answer, though I think that #150 was some kind written in a hurry, not quite expecting that ending... Anyways, I still feel kinda weird after reading all these comics, maybe nostalgia had hit me 2 hard. Hope I'll get to see more Fables in the next season of twau :)

• I figured that out dude :P

Hazza its b8 m8

• I see wat you did there you cheeky bastard.

• Fables saved Bill's life...

He has poor before he start written, right? So he start to make money working on Vertigo. So, i think its hour to he start another story. Another comicstory........

• I would say I am disappointed how they handled this issue but then again I always knew that it would end up this way. I am probably most disappointed with whole Geppeto story arc, seriously is that all? What happened next did he succed or what?

• We may never know...

Not unless Bill or someone else decides that a continuation is required.

I would say I am disappointed how they handled this issue but then again I always knew that it would end up this way. I am probably most disappointed with whole Geppeto story arc, seriously is that all? What happened next did he succed or what?

• edited August 2015

On the other hand it could be great story for the game. Quick somebody call telltale staff.

We may never know... Not unless Bill or someone else decides that a continuation is required.

• edited August 2015

Am I the only one that thinks that the wooden army you see in his last story is him having gone mad and is just hallucinating? :p

I'm saying so cause in the last panel it's just him alone in the woods talking to nobody.

I would say I am disappointed how they handled this issue but then again I always knew that it would end up this way. I am probably most disappointed with whole Geppeto story arc, seriously is that all? What happened next did he succed or what?

• Yeah but that would be REALLY unfair to anyone who hasn't read Fables to the end and stuff :(

On the other hand it could be great story for the game. Quick somebody call telltale staff.

• I think the idea is that it can be interpreted either way, but for the sake of calling it 'Farewell' I think we should all just assume that Geppetto is a crazy old man now...

lupinb0y posted: »

Am I the only one that thinks that the wooden army you see in his last story is him having gone mad and is just hallucinating? I'm saying so cause in the last panel it's just him alone in the woods talking to nobody.

• My theory ...
    Geppeto´s plan failed and humans won, why ? He wants to conquer all worlds but in last stories where cubs are adult there is no wooden army, in Bigby´s and Snow´s last story their world is OK and Rose´s world is OK so either his army was stopped or he just conquered some worlds and stopped.
    Yes maybe their worlds are hidden or something but i think Bigby wouldn´t be happily ever after with new empire.

Sorry for bad english.

• edited August 2015

I don't think I would be interested in any Telltale Fables game which doesn't have Bigby as the Main Character (and as of now, Bigby is in his happily ever after with Snow.....so I don't see a point in a game starring him post #150).

Sure, I can maybe accept them having a Cinderella DLC in there somewhere, but Bigby is the #1 reason I picked up TWAU, and I just wouldn't feel the same excitement with another character (as MC in a full game)

Yeah but that would be REALLY unfair to anyone who hasn't read Fables to the end and stuff

• What happens to Bigby in 150?

• He lives happily ever after with Snow :)

Harian96 posted: »

What happens to Bigby in 150?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.