Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Yeah, but Jefferson was on the other side of Max when he did that.

Clemenem posted: »

Call me insane but the close up resembles the shot of where Mr. Jefferson stabs a syringe in he neck

• Yeah, I've seen that. Poor Alyssa. :(

Had no idea this was in the game

• Yes, she won't remember what ended up happening, but she'll still have changed the past. All she has to do is tell Chloe (and maybe Warren) all the pertinent information and what they should do, and then when her photo jaunt ends hopefully she'll find herself in a future in which Chloe didn't die.

Skiba7671 posted: »

How though? Any time she uses a picture she changes one thing then immediately goes back to current time with no recollection of what happened after the change.

• Or DONTNOD was just visually 'representing' what brought Max out of that future vision, i.e. feeling Chloe putting her hand on Max's shoulder in the real world.

• The more Tom draws Chloe with shades, the more manly she becomes! lol wtf

• I don't know. You may be right.

Or DONTNOD was just visually 'representing' what brought Max out of that future vision, i.e. feeling Chloe putting her hand on Max's shoulder in the real world.

• edited August 2015

Hey, there's still hope. Remember Warren's selfie with Max before entering the Party? That's the only picture that can still save Chloe from.... Getting marked by the bullet to the head...

Sorry.... Bad pun.

Even though I was right, part of me wishes I was wrong. I actually recently replayed the episode and finally figured out how to get t

• edited August 2015

I just beat Chapter 4 and I have a lot of thoughts. I had to play it after seeing all the other LPers get it all wrong. And I'm probably just rehashing other theories but I have to get them out on 'paper'.

1.) The three bullet necklace: Rachel, Chloe, Max. Each one is a chance to fire on the conspiracy at Blackwell. Max is the final bullet left in the chamber.
    (Possibly: The symmetry to RCM is the Blackwell conspiracy itself, consisting of Prescott, Jefferson, and Wells)

2.) There's no way for both Chloe and Max to live in the same timeline. The two moons fade to one right before Chloe dies. For nature to right itself, they both can't exist simultaneously.

3.) Rachel Amber is clearly the Snow Doe since it disappears at her grave site. (Still convinced she was the first one with time travel powers).

4.) Is that REALLY Max's voice we hear at the end of the game? I'm not convinced.

5.) So, Nathan has anger and sexual deviancy issues. His father enables these, and they escalate. His father wants him to take over the 'business' (which I'm convinced includes snuff film and slave trafficking). The basement is constructed with Prescott senior's money, Nathan develops pictures because he is sexually impotent from years of elevating what gets him off, and Mr. Jefferson is the photographer for these scenes.

• edited August 2015

I think Max has been given these powers for a reason, maybe passed from Rachel, or maybe part of some sort of prophecy. I think that she was given the powers to stop as many deaths as possible and save as many lives as she can, so i believe Chloe will survive in the end.

Regarding the two Moons, that could mean that there was another Max travelling around in the same timeline causing two timelines to come together.

I'm pretty sure that is Max's voice, it makes sense.

Regarding Nathan, I don't believe he is behind it but just a puppet to Jefferson, I think Nathan is being forced to do it because of the "Business" I think Sean Prescott lended Jefferson the bunker to continue the photo taking for profit and forces his son to help Jefferson.

• Should be noted in the trailer, Nathan says something along the lines

"When the storm comes, you're all FUCKING dead!" So they know about the storm, or did.

• I actually thought it was Victoria.

Though when I first played, I thought it was Max, though now I'm pretty sure it's Victoria.

• Ever noticed that in Episode 4 the lip syncs are pretty accurate? I found this in the game file.

Alt text

• I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the photo that Max was suppose to give to Jefferson in episode 1, will play a role. But then again, she ripped that photo apart.

Alt text

This photo.

• All paths lead to Chloe dying.

Kaihu posted: »

Yes, she won't remember what ended up happening, but she'll still have changed the past. All she has to do is tell Chloe (and maybe Warren)

• Thread: Life is Strange theory

My theory is that Max will use the butterfly photo to go back in time and she will bring Chloe back and stop a certain bad person... Does this make sense? Do you agree?

Or will it end completely sadly and depresingly?

• Probably the warren photo but yeah i'm guessing we have to save chloe again

• We'll most likely go all the way back to the first ever selfie Max took in the Art Class.

• This should probably be merged with the Life Is Strange thread, but yes I agree :P

• I have a feeling you just vaguely spoiled the game...

We'll most likely go all the way back to the first ever selfie Max took in the Art Class.

• edited August 2015

It's not very good for the 'Everyday Heroes' theme, I can see why she didn't enter it to be quite honest.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel that the photo that Max was suppose to give to Jefferson in episode 1, will play a role. But then again, she ripped that photo apart. This photo.

• Nah, she's going to focus on the drawing Daniel made of her and ends up in an alternative reality where everybody is drawn, like in that A-Ha video. She takes out an eraser and goes on an erasing spree.

If Daniel didn't make a drawing of Max she's going to focus on a photo on her computer and she gets sucked into the internet. And takes over the world.

I don't see how it could end any other way.

• I have always wonder what made her take the photo this way.

Flog61 posted: »

It's not very good for the 'Everyday Heroes' theme, I can see why she didn't enter it to be quite honest.

• edited August 2015

Just a heads up, No one post leaked crap from episode 5.. everyone was doing it for episode 4..idiots..

• This is so far to be considered a spoiler.

I have a feeling you just vaguely spoiled the game...

• Hopefully by the end of this month I can get little bits of info. about Episode 5.

• edited August 2015

I've recently just came up with this new theory. Since we're so focused on the characters being connected to the strange occurances and storm, this one simple thing is often overlooked. This might sound crazy....

BUT WHAT IF IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF THE TOBANGA?!

Okay let me explain, with all the evidence we have so far, we totally know the land had Native American heritage. And Native American history and references has consistently been brought up in the game, so it obviously has a big involvement in the events with the subtle hints they give off (remember they gave off subtle hints to a big revelation in Ep4). Now Ms. Grant consistently talks about the energy flowing around, which seems highly connected to the butterfly's strange glow and connection to Max's power. The Tobanga is also frequently mentioned on the school grounds with the inhabitants, with almost no idea of its origin and reason for being there. Maybe it's meant to keep the spiritual influence in check, since Native American religion often associates with the spiritual plane. I think the Tobanga is actually angry which is causing all this crazy shit. Remember, Nathan actually tried to steal the totem based on old file reports. Which you should never do. So I think Nathan pissed off the Tobanga, and its rage is incorporated to phenomena and finally the storm. And the blue butterfly which Max sees that gives triggers her time travel powers, was around the Tobanga, absorbing its energy and was given it an effect (pardon the pun. I just love making puns with this game. :3). Also there are two possible reasons why the alternate timeline is also affected: 1. Alt Nathan could have also disturbed it, or 2. the Tobanga's energy is shared across all universes, and if in one timeline it's disturbed, all versions are affected. Remember the line Alt Chloe says "A spark can start a fire that burns the entire prairie.", which is funny, because a common theme in the game I noticed is that the most simplest thing can affect the most outrageous outcome. Also should point out that one of the faces on the totem pole look SUPER PISSED.

Alt text

So yeah, crazy theory.

• Alt text

Mat_Den96 posted: »

Hey, there's still hope. Remember Warren's selfie with Max before entering the Party? That's the only picture that can still save Chloe from.... Getting marked by the bullet to the head... Sorry.... Bad pun.

• Amaze-balls! This is amazing! O_O

Alt text

• You know, I just can't trust my emotions anymore. I'm laughing at the most painful moment on videogame. Tom Gould has a really dark sense of humor.

• Episode 4 is surprisingly long, over three hours. I personally love the length. What do you guys think? Should the last episode be just as long? And should all episodic games be over three hours?

• i'll kill a bitch

If something happens to Warren I SWEAR-

• If they were handled with care, like this episode, then yes.

Episode 4 is surprisingly long, over three hours. I personally love the length. What do you guys think? Should the last episode be just as long? And should all episodic games be over three hours?

• edited August 2015

I'll save Warren all the way.

Though I really hope it doesn't come to that...

If there's an option to either save Warren or Chloe. I'm picking Warren. Chloe is so overrated. But that depends on if Warren is attacking Nathan because he was trying to hurt Max or something.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

While this is a pretty impressive and insightful web of consequences, I really have to ask: do these consequences honestly amount to all that much in the grand scheme of things?

Max and Nathan will still show up when need be, regardless of whether they were suspended or not. And coincidentally enough, after said suspensions, we never have any further scenes of them attending any classes. For the most part, dialogue is the only real thing that these choices effect to a substantial degree, along with the addition of a few letters or notes between characters that acknowledge the outcome (The Prescotts leaving 'disappointed' letters to the principal, etc etc)

When you think about it, is it really all that different from the outcomes you'd see in Telltale games? Sure, multiple choices lead to different characters having different actions taken against them, but does that really affect all that much in the core story by the end of it? Look, I'll be honest: as it stands, Dontnod is doing much better at pulling off the illusion of choice and consequence than Telltale is. They've refined and improved on many of the tricks that Telltale has used in the past, and have made up for many of the shortcomings that have manifested in TT's stuff as of late. They're definitely trying/helping to move this interactive, choice-based genre of games forward, and while I give them credit for those accomplishments, they haven't exactly revolutionized anything just yet.

I'm not at all trying to bash them here, nor am I trying to say that this choice has no meaning at all. I'm just trying to say that I don't think it's all that much different than the choices we've gotten in the Telltale games. It's still the same basic structure, just more fleshed out, and as a result, easier to hide.

Miklaus posted: »

Did you know that Max can be suspended? I'm impressed how our choices matter in this game!

• Well... I feel like jerk for yelling at him. (regretted it ever since I did it.)

• Max wasn't in the butterfly photo, so she can't go back to the bathroom with that. Warren's photo on the other hand...

Thread: Life is Strange theory My theory is that Max will use the butterfly photo to go back in time and she will bring Chloe back and

• There is something weird about Tobanga. Nathan trying to steal it seems too specific to be random manifestation of insanity.

I've recently just came up with this new theory. Since we're so focused on the characters being connected to the strange occurances and stor

• That's hella good.

Amaze-balls! This is amazing! O_O

Sign in to comment in this discussion.