Ep 4 Release Date Discussion - PC/Mac/PSN EU/NA/Xbox/iOS/Android Out Now

Comments

• There's gonna be a big battle on Hyperion. I hope Vaughn is okay.

• But does he? Dum dum dum...

Eh, you might be right, but we never know for sure.

sSOPHOo posted: »

he knows about Angel

• HOLY SHIT nice find

Lilacsbloom posted: »

Why are there a pair of a legs at the top of that screenshot through the window?

• It'd be funny if the stranger is Vaughn and he feels really betrayed by us. (he gets left behind either way)

I'm leaning more towards a Stranger reveal. They start to take their mask off and BAM: cut to Tector and his machine gun in the preview.

• I'm not willing to make any sacrifices to get to a vault. Vaults are nothing but trouble, and death, and madness. I don't understand why people haven't caught on that the vaults are nothing but......but a pandora's box of misery.

Pipas posted: »

OMG SCREENS! AND IT'S COMING OUT THIS TUESDAY! I'M SO EXCITED! This line tho... There is ONE last thing we can tell you about t

• Comedy gold.

TheTP87 posted: »

Yeah, imagine the Jack-a-pedia entrance for Butt Stallion or the "insight" he can give to some of the Hyperion folks

• Okay, am I the only one who has forgotten like, everything that happened in the last Episode? I mean, with GoT and Life is Strange, I really have trouble remembering everything. And somehow, it's easier for me with GoT and LiS than it is with Borderlands...

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

Probably not, but I personally have a great memory when it comes to stories, especially TFTB. It probably also helps that I'm here nearly every day.

Okay, am I the only one who has forgotten like, everything that happened in the last Episode? I mean, with GoT and Life is Strange, I really

• What? Have you ever played Borderlands 2?

Crips posted: »

But does he? Dum dum dum... Eh, you might be right, but we never know for sure.

• edited August 2015

Well, I just thought about it, and I guess I know why I have more trouble with Borderlands than with the other two titles. I am just not that emotionally invested in Borderlands. With Borderlands being much more Comedy-like, while GoT and especially LiS, there is not one Episode that hasn't sit me down thinking and needing to calm down, especially LiS.

Of course that doesn't mean TftB is bad, not at all. It's just much more lighter, and thus more details get's forgotten by me.

dojo32161 posted: »

Probably not, but I personally have a great memory when it comes to stories, especially TFTB. It probably also helps that I'm here nearly every day.

• Jack didn't know about his death in Episode 2, it's not that hard to believe.

What? Have you ever played Borderlands 2?

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator
    edited August 2015

I can see that. I'm invested in LiS and TFTB (especially TFTB), but I can't get invested in GOT. I don't like it too much.

Well, I just thought about it, and I guess I know why I have more trouble with Borderlands than with the other two titles. I am just not tha

• That would be cruel.. no, DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS!

enter image description here

just, no. //HandsomeJack

I'm leaning more towards a Stranger reveal. They start to take their mask off and BAM: cut to Tector and his machine gun in the preview.

• I have, I have completed it excluding the DLCs.

What? Have you ever played Borderlands 2?

• I watch so many let's plays of TFTB it's impossible for me to forget

Okay, am I the only one who has forgotten like, everything that happened in the last Episode? I mean, with GoT and Life is Strange, I really

• OMFG! I can't believe! Fiona, pic with Buttstallion, has ID card! Hell yeah!

• He's already pissed at me, so I figure I might as well give him the bird one last time in any way I can before I'm just a fleshpuppet for him.

Leluch123 posted: »

You really want to piss off mass-psycho-murder that happens to live in your head and may or may not take over your body?

• I second that.

Plus, you know.... 46 hours on my own Steam playthrough....

Crips posted: »

I watch so many let's plays of TFTB it's impossible for me to forget

• And at least 37% less dead bodies.

It's like the Helios version of Shade's World of Curiosities (hopefully with 100% less jump scares)!

• edited August 2015

yeah

It's not really precise, you should make a distinction between TPS intro/outro and the main game and TFTB past and present.

• Please, please can Jack find out about Angel!

• At the end of Episode 5, after most of the story wraps up, Telltale will end on an ambiguous, tantalizing cliffhanger right before the credits.

The screen smash cuts to black.

Next Season on Tales from the Borderlands...

[Tector fires Machine Gun]

• I hope there'll be an "over the top" moment like "blow his heart or his mind" or "make her head spin or cut her outta the deal"

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

I think we're all pretty much hoping for that... :P

TheTP87 posted: »

I hope there'll be an "over the top" moment like "blow his heart or his mind" or "make her head spin or cut her outta the deal"

• We just hit Page 50 and we have a release date.

Something doesn't quite feel right...

• enter image description here

CosmicSouls posted: »

DAMMIT! I CAN'T EVEN PLAY THIS ONE! I'M AWAY FROM MY PLAYSTATION!

• I hope athena makes a return in episode 5 (she won't be in episode 4, we all know that)

I wonder if episode 4 is where we finally find out the stranger's identity, I bet the cliffhanger this episode will be him taking off the mask, but we can't see the face until episode 5

• Looks like Vaughn is dead. Oh well.

• Indeed. Seems like this episode is actually GoT Ep 6 in disguise and we still have to wait at least one month for Ep 4.

We just hit Page 50 and we have a release date. Something doesn't quite feel right...

• edited August 2015

what the hell is going on with that unicorn

How dare you not know the name of the greatest, most beautiful, most glamorous, and most graceful Borderlands characters of all time. That is the great Butt Stalion, and she is Jack's diamond pony.

enter link description here

Btw, I read somewhere that this was not originally written but was ad libbed by Dameon Clarke (the voice of Handsome Jack). Here's the link:

Our hope with Handsome Jack is that he could represent your one-stop-shop for all narrative importance. He could be your endgoal (“kill Jack”), could remind you of his own narrative importance as that endgoal (“you’re a bandit and I’m the hero”), and hopefully entertain the player while doing the first two (“these pretzels suck”*).

We wanted you to initially think of Jack as a funny, but ultimately harmless dick. That’s why the Butt Stallion monologue comes so early in the game – it’s too goofy to take seriously – but why it also lives in the same area as the ”Handsome Jack Here” sidequest, where Jack brutally murders Helena Pierce and then laughs about it. Jack’s a marginally dangerous dick because he kills Helena, but he’s hopefully kind of amusing because of his weird Butt Stallion/pretzels dialog.**

*This was an adlib by Dameon Clarke, the voice of Handsome Jack. It’s easily Jack’s single most popular line, and I didn’t frigging write it. I will never forgive Dameon for this.

**Seriously, Dameon. I hate you.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

I, I don't believe it... THEY'RE DOING THE ARMAGEDDON WALK! So wait, are they all a team now? They're all good? August and those o

• Yay! It comes out in a week! :)

• A18.

Did I not call it?

• edited August 2015

Looks like Vaughn is dead

BeastInside posted: »

Looks like Vaughn is dead. Oh well.

• Yes! I knew it was A18 I can't wait for it!

• 2 be honest, the screenshots didnt really get me hyped... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• edited August 2015

¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 be honest, the screenshots didnt really get me hyped... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• just 6 more days... just 6... ... ... ... ... come on time, move faster!

• They did for me especially after seeing butt stalion

2 be honest, the screenshots didnt really get me hyped... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• (Contains spoiles of Borderlands the pre-secuel [5 first minutes])

I think that's not possible because when he is captured is taken to Lilith (borderlands the prequel, intro) caught, and forced to talk about all his collaboration with Jack when she worked for him. I doubt very much that she appears again in tales from the borderlands (but I am absolutely certain that she appears in Borderlands 3)

I hope athena makes a return in episode 5 (she won't be in episode 4, we all know that) I wonder if episode 4 is where we finally find ou

Sign in to comment in this discussion.