How did I just realize this?

I could be dead wrong, but I think I just had a sudden realization about August. I was rewatching Episode 2 and realized something when Sasha and Rhys were talking about August.

Sasha begins to say that once you're with someone for a while, you see a side of them that you don't expect. Rhys then says "So what you're saying is that he was really into guns?"

Sasha then agrees.

I hope I'm not over analyzing, overthinking or I missed something, but were they talking about August's sexuality? Did Sasha soon realize that after being in a 'relationship' with August, that she realized he was gay (or whatever else)? I know there's evidence going against it because August constantly asks about Sasha mentioning him when he gets the chance, but he could be bisexual.

I seriously don't know how I didn't realize this. Thoughts?

Comments

• Considering that the Borderlands series already has good representation for all groups, it's definitely possible.

Who knows, one look at shirtless Vaughn and he could be a swoony lover. (since Vaughn has sick 'guns')

• Lol, I thought about it the first time I've heard that line but... What about Sasha? It seems he genuinely likes her. Idk.

• August probably feels insecure about his sexuality so he gets close to Sasha as he can.

That's how I view him anyways.

• edited August 2015

I never really understood why Rhys said that line about him being into guns, so it could be. (I mean, who in Pandora ISN'T into guns?)

• Sasha: (something like this) When you spend a long time with someone, you see their sides, you wasn't expecting.

And I thought she ment Rhys by that...

• I don't think so, Rhys made a joke and Sasha used it as an opportunity to change the subject, at least that's how I saw it. I don't see how she would discover he's gay/bisexual by being in a relatiolnship with him for a while.

• Omid's catOmid's cat Banned
    edited August 2015

Yeah. He is gay. Think about the scene with Tommy (first ep.). Both were coming from upstairs, happy. Tommy thought he has "paid" debt there but August couldn't let him live and tell. August is evil gay, like Elton John.

And Jack, smartest guy in the series, already noticed. In second episode called him a princess.

• That line always seems odd. It kind of works if you choose the "but he pointed a gun at you!" line - but with all the other ones it just seems completely random. I've always wondered if I was missing something...

Not sure if it's this, though. Even though I'm all for gay/bi August!

• Bi August would be sooooo hilarious.

Hey, how about an imagine scene where Fiona goes "And then you and August made out."

Cue some fanservice before it cuts to Rhys screaming.

That line always seems odd. It kind of works if you choose the "but he pointed a gun at you!" line - but with all the other ones it just see

• I seriously doubt it was supposed to have anything to do with August's sexuality. The way I understood it, Sasha was confessing to having grown to kinda like August during their time together, and since she always intended to scam him, and he was the group's enemy now, it made her feel awkward. Rhys was simply trying to ease the tension by switching the implied good side of August that she saw with a bad side - i.e. Sasha was maybe thinking about how August treated her nice while she was conning him, and Rhys gave her an out of the upcoming uncomfortable admission by suggesting the 'side' she didn't see before was how 'he was into guns', referencing August's current tendency to stick them in her and the other's faces.

• The picture speaks for itself...

enter image description here

• edited August 2015

I thought it was a joke about Sasha's interest in guns.

So to me it came across as that Sasha after hanging out with August she started to see things in him she wasn't expecting (that made her interested in him) so Rhys then jokingly added; "So what you're saying is, he was really into guns?" as a jab, poking fun of her obsession/ interest in them. So the joke being the implication she liked him for that reason.

I'm most likely wrong though xD

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited August 2015

That was how I interpreted it as well - well, with the exception of the last part where he brings up guns. As opposed to Rhys joking about Sasha liking guns, I thought he was just being portrayed as dense for comedic effect.

I seriously doubt it was supposed to have anything to do with August's sexuality. The way I understood it, Sasha was confessing to having gr

• Yeah, that's the bit that muddles me up. I thought that their relationship was so August could try and hide over the fact he's gay, but yeah. He could be a bit of a narcissist, though. Which could have prompted him to ask if he was being mentioned by Sasha,

DeityD posted: »

Lol, I thought about it the first time I've heard that line but... What about Sasha? It seems he genuinely likes her. Idk.

• I don't see how she would discover he's gay/bisexual by being in a relatiolnship with him for a while.

I don't get how you couldn't? She obviously had to spend a lot of time with him, like she said, and saw a side she wasn't expecting.

AgentZ46 posted: »

I don't think so, Rhys made a joke and Sasha used it as an opportunity to change the subject, at least that's how I saw it. I don't see how she would discover he's gay/bisexual by being in a relatiolnship with him for a while.

• what

Omid's cat posted: »

Yeah. He is gay. Think about the scene with Tommy (first ep.). Both were coming from upstairs, happy. Tommy thought he has "paid" debt there

• WOW YES, GAY'S ARE SUCH A CATASTROPHE LET'S ALL BE STRAIGHT!!

• enter image description here

WOW YES, GAY'S ARE SUCH A CATASTROPHE LET'S ALL BE STRAIGHT!!

• so it's rude that I am getting irritated by the fact that this franchise basically tossed out homosexuals and feels the need to adress their sexual orientation on every fucking opportunity? Sorry

• There are literally billions of straight characters in any franchise ever. Get over it and let there be someone who isn't straight.

so it's rude that I am getting irritated by the fact that this franchise basically tossed out homosexuals and feels the need to adress their sexual orientation on every fucking opportunity? Sorry

• He's not saying he has a problem with the fact that theyre gay, he's saying he has a problem that they have to bring it up at every opportunity.

There are literally billions of straight characters in any franchise ever. Get over it and let there be someone who isn't straight.

• WE NEED A SUITABLE SONG QUICK.

TheCatWolf posted: »

The picture speaks for itself...

• Cope49Cope49 Banned
    edited August 2015

Really ? He's not gay! I officially dislike the overuse of that word.....thanks.

She meant that August isn't as bad as he seems . There may be a softer side of him .

• edited August 2015

Hammerlock kept it very subtle.

They did fix Janey's dialogue in TFTB at least. In TPS...er...Janey, uh, we know already that you're a lesbian.

But still, if you're gonna flip about gay characters...live with it. There is nothing you can do about it. No petitions, no ranting, no screaming will cause the devs to change their minds. If they want to, they will. They will not listen to you. And no matter how hard you try, you will get downvoted and yelled at by others, because you are making yourself look like a moron.

Gary-Oak posted: »

He's not saying he has a problem with the fact that theyre gay, he's saying he has a problem that they have to bring it up at every opportunity.

• I don't think there is even a single franchise with a billion straight characters.

There are literally billions of straight characters in any franchise ever. Get over it and let there be someone who isn't straight.

• august confirmed evil gay

Omid's cat posted: »

Yeah. He is gay. Think about the scene with Tommy (first ep.). Both were coming from upstairs, happy. Tommy thought he has "paid" debt there

• Yeah, that's how I interpreted it, too. I usually make dumb jokes if I can tell someone is feeling awkward about something we're discussing to get us off the subject.

I seriously doubt it was supposed to have anything to do with August's sexuality. The way I understood it, Sasha was confessing to having gr

• edited August 2015

I'm 99% sure she was referring to Rhys, and the guns comment was a joke to Sasha.

We've gotten literally no indication that August is into dudes.

• edited August 2015

Barely enough confirmed gay/bi characters in BL universe to count on one hand: /exist

Homophobes: OMG HOMOSEXUALS FALLING FROM THE FUCKING SKY STOP WITH THE GAY AGENDA FLAPPING ITS BALLS IN MY FACE GAWD.

Seriously, if a character is established as gay, how is that the same as having their sexual orientation shoved in your face at "every fucking opportunity"? You don't see straight couples/characters on TV or in games and go "Oh man I'm so fucking tired of heterosexuality being addressed all the time! Jesus, a gay/bi couple can't even fucking LOOK at one another (much less hold hands or -GASP- acknowledge that they're in a relationship) without assholes screaming about all the gayness being rubbed in their faces. Meanwhile, hetero couples can totally be 100% open about their relationships and no one accuses them of constantly flaunting their straightness.

If anyone is gonna bitch about "too much" gay representation, but aren't the least bit upset over the 98% of strictly heterosexual representation out there, then that person is an enormous, hypocritical asshole.

so it's rude that I am getting irritated by the fact that this franchise basically tossed out homosexuals and feels the need to adress their sexual orientation on every fucking opportunity? Sorry

• "tossed out homosexuals"? There aren't even enough canon gay characters in this franchise to count on one hand, and you make it sound like you've being forced to wade through an ocean of them.

A character being in a relationship with someone is not the same as forcing you to address their orientation... I don't see you getting pissed about August kissing Sasha and accusing Telltale of forcing you to address THEIR sexual orientation.

• ...you hate the word gay?

Cope49 posted: »

Really ? He's not gay! I officially dislike the overuse of that word.....thanks. She meant that August isn't as bad as he seems . There may be a softer side of him .

• Even if the case is that he is IN FACT, gay, they didn't even bring it up full force. They hinted it in what could might not be the actual confirmation. Get over it, damn it.

• He's not gay! I officaly hate that word.....thanks.

Cope, what the fuck are you even doing here?

Cope49 posted: »

Really ? He's not gay! I officially dislike the overuse of that word.....thanks. She meant that August isn't as bad as he seems . There may be a softer side of him .

• gayest evilest villain confirmed #killgayaugust

Piggs posted: »

august confirmed evil gay

• She's expressed general dislike towards gay marriage in her posts before, it wouldn't surprise me.

nursethalia posted: »

...you hate the word gay?

• I'm waiting until she gets the hint that we're doing the same to her.

Green613 posted: »

She's expressed general dislike towards gay marriage in her posts before, it wouldn't surprise me.

• LMAO

I'm waiting until she gets the hint that we're doing the same to her.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.