Episode 4 "Escape Plan Bravo" Discussion Thread

Comments

• edited August 2015

It is like the Timothy was killed in Opportunity thing. No matter how much facts there are to say it wasn't people are going to cling to the idea no matter what. It makes more scene that Jack was manipulating Rhys or the memory is too painful that he buried it deep enough that he convinced himself it didn't happen. Angel died before he was shot in the sternum and he remembers being shot. Maybe it's just easier for people to make Jack's character one dimensional, and not accept that he was`a complex human with all the same range of emotions and attachments we all have.
    Finally there is proof that Jack was a regular user of the eco system before he died, if you use the eco eye before the Jack upgrade, and before Jack was even implanted in Rhys' head. It would only make sense that he would make regular downloads and remain connected to it at all times:

enter image description here

How would Nakayama know to put the memories of the Wallethead sagas, or Henderson's kitten fighting ring, or Jack punching his mother? Or an

• Soo, anyone knows what happens if you don't try to run at the beginning from the Stranger? Does Fiona still end tied up?

• edited August 2015

Shit guys, I'm too hyped (and a little bit too sloshed) to read all the previous comments, but, hell...

• AAAAAHHHHHH
    • Scooter
    • Yvette, I fucking called it
    • Rhysquez shootout - I cried - I WANNA WORK FOR HYPERION
    • JACK. ANGEL. HYPERION PRESIDENT. OMG.

Ok, I'll calm down now, and probably play again, but... damn. Awesome.

• Did anyone of you realized that after Scooter died Fiona mentioned that it was the "FIRST casualty on their mission" - So that means there are more to come, am I right?
    Who do you think is gonna die?

• Yes. And she complains and says "i didnt even try to run" the stranger then answers "thats why you are still conscious"

Pipas posted: »

Soo, anyone knows what happens if you don't try to run at the beginning from the Stranger? Does Fiona still end tied up?

• When he calls you on Helios, he just get to say "Rhys? Rhys, are you there?" or something like that, before the connection is cut off. I wonder if he somehow escaped Vallory's goons?

Oh damn, that's cold, Cassius! Plus one for Telltale's choices having consequences, though. Do you get any further details in your conversation with him? Other than the static-filled "I'm eating drakefruit"?

• Well, I don't really hold it against him. You told Athena to kill him after all.

LawmanZero posted: »

KILL CASSIUS.

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

That was a 'rewind' moment if I ever saw one lol.

Not getting to talk to my nerd friend for a whole episode really bummed me out! Especially since his observations during the whole Facequez fiasco was hilarious. : )

Pipas posted: »

Also just started the second playthrough and if you agree to kill Cassius, he'll bring Vaughn to Vallory?! Damn son. But then you could chat with him on the way to the Old Haven! Bro-Knee option FTW.

• edited August 2015

What if Scooter pulls a Kenny?

• edited August 2015

Just a question - is this determined by whether you tell Vaughn about HJ, or whether you go 'I have HJ in my head' in ep.4 like an idiot?

• edited August 2015

You can tell Fiona and Sasha that ''Handsome Jack is in my head'' when they were talking about the plan in caravan. So in the end, it will affect his dialogue.

• Pretty sure Scooter isn't gonna stay dead. Doubt Gearbox would allow him to be killed off in a spin off but who knows.

• Mikey Neumann (VO of Scooter, writer of BL1) will most likely write BL3 (cause Anthony Burch, writer of BL2 and Pre-Sequel) left Gearbox. Maybe he doesnt have the time anymore to voice Scooter?
    Just my train of thought.

Pretty sure Scooter isn't gonna stay dead. Doubt Gearbox would allow him to be killed off in a spin off but who knows.

• You mean that he blew up on top of a rocket and survived? No way, he is dead. Gearbox's given a lot of responsibility to Telltale, rightly so.

Pretty sure Scooter isn't gonna stay dead. Doubt Gearbox would allow him to be killed off in a spin off but who knows.

• Yup, I'm also wondering this... If this is the case, then WOW Telltale, great job at shocking me! Poor Fiona if she got betrayed by both Felix and Sasha...

Jaesong1 posted: »

Can someone clear something up for me, towards the ending with Fiona, did Sasha betray us or just got caught by Yvette? The whole little mystery buildup to who was telling Gortys to be quiet made it seem like she ratted us out.

• I'd say August, with Jack in the system he'd probably kill him for all the times he tried killing Rhys which would also kill Jack.

• What I want to know is if you go against Jack the entire game does he still tell Rhys he is a worthy successor?

• I just finished my first playthrough. My normal one is where I trust Jack overall but I read SOOO much stuff about not trusting him. So, naturally I played my "don't trust Jack AT ALL" playthrough first and....I regret everything...

• Sooo... Sasha's just been captured or also betrayed us?

And you can't honestly tell me it will be f*cking Handsome Rhys in the end? Like, really?

• I have no idea yet, but I'll try this scenario cause I'm dying to know what if.

• What a shocker IGN gave the episode a 6/10. They are always crapping on telltale fourth episode

• edited August 2015

Just played the episode.

Boy that episode was brilliant, I loved it. I'm so excited, I have so many feelings, I need to calm down, but for now I want to address a few things...

The opening sequence in the present time - Fiona is a Vault Hunter (!!!), Rhys trying to run from the Stranger (hilarious!).

The opening song was cool, had its 'space' feel to it.

Poor Scooter... 'Step three' is the only right thing to do there.

Yvette's betrayal was a bit disappointing, I don't know, maybe because it felt quite obvious and called for.

Face pizza - I'm super relieved it wasn't Vaughn's face after all. Overall action as Rhys/Vasquez was wonderful, I'm so glad we got to hear Patrick Warburton once again. Also gotta love that 'shootout' in the hall of Hyperion, I was laughing so freaking hard the whole time.

Gortys is still the cutest robot ever.

Not enough Vaughn... AT LEAST HE'S NOT DEAD, I'M SO HAPPY.

Handsome Jack talking about Angel and Nisha, I could kiss TT's writers just for that!

And that ending caught me off guard, it was intense and epic, I can't wait to see the finale.

Phew, I think that's it for now.

• This was an extremely good penultimate episode. Extremely funny, yet also extremely heartwrecking...

My favorite scene of all time was the fake gun shooting. Never has a scene have so much action and hilarity without anyone dying or dropping a single drop of blood. :D

• Unlikely - we saw the rocket exploding in space. I m pretty sure he is dead

• I loved the episode! I thought the same thing. I rejected Jack and ooooh boy, when the options started to glitch it was genuinely terrifying. Amazing job!

kenjisalk posted: »

Glad to year y'all are enjoying the latest episode! It sure was a heart rending one, and has some of my favorite gags of the whole series!

• This episode was amazing! :D Although it wasn't TWD S1 episodes long which a few people might find as dissapoiting but still personally I enjoyed every minute of this episode. Can't wait for the big finale! It's going to be released soon!

• No, sasha has been captured - why would she betray her on sister? She isnot like yvette whose opinion you can buy with a lunch :P

Well, we know they are both on pandora in the future and we know that Gortys has no longer the energy chassis - my guess is that jack doesnt really wanna share power and is gonna get rid of rhys real soon

• I still can't get over Fiona's face when Rhys looks over at Sasha, it's so funny I couldn't stop laughing.

OzzyUK posted: »

That was a really good episode, it had some really funny moments like the imaginary shoot out but also ram sad moments (RIP Scooter ), i ch

• Why would you think Sasha would betray her own sister like that? I just took it as Sasha got caught, not that Sasha ratted them out.

blue_pen posted: »

More thoughts after food-break and ruminating - I didn't need to spoiler tag the above post, woops! Thank you so much for an incredible epis

• Aw, I loved that little moment between Finch and Kroger. I was waiting for someone to mention it. I'd love to know more about them!

I also found very interesting how Sasha seemed to be very comfortable in Helios...

blue_pen posted: »

More thoughts after food-break and ruminating - I didn't need to spoiler tag the above post, woops! Thank you so much for an incredible epis

• I highly doubt Sasha would betray her own sister like that, I saw it as she got caught and captured, there's nothing to Sasha's character that would in anyway make me think she ratted us out, and if she did, then that is just shit writing in my opinion.

Jaesong1 posted: »

Can someone clear something up for me, towards the ending with Fiona, did Sasha betray us or just got caught by Yvette? The whole little mystery buildup to who was telling Gortys to be quiet made it seem like she ratted us out.

• Can anyone tell me how the scene plays out if you accept Handsome Jack's offer?

• edited August 2015

Two things!
    What happens if you reject to rule Hyperion?
    Also for those who worked with Jack through the whole game (like me) I'm so glad we got to ask about that picture with angel, but he thinks she is still alive :( @HandsomeJack

• My bets on captured, there's no way Sasha would betray her own sister to the company she loathes unless she's pulling a very elaborate con, so it's either that or she was captured.

• He does, I'm assuming he just wanted Rhys to sit down, butter him up.

• I know. It was more of a pun/dream

Roymiller33 posted: »

Unlikely - we saw the rocket exploding in space. I m pretty sure he is dead

• the moment that got me most (after scooter catching his final ride) was when jack was talking about angel and nisha. well, he wasn't really talking about nisha, but the jack-a-pedia-article that only said "I miss my girlfriend"...how can I say, I could feel his desperation and desire. and angel...holy hell, the look on his face...I suddenly regret what I did in borderlands 2. you know me, I enjoyed the slaughering, the blood, but after seeing jacks face, I felt like the greatest asshole of all times, even thou that I dealed with a sadistic psychopath. this game-series...it says "look at me, I'm all bloody and funny!" and then it betrays you and kicks you in the feels while you're not looking!

• I-... I.... DAMMIT. All I can think about- I can't handle this, it... Holy fuck. I just finished my first playthrough and I made horrible decisions and LOVED it.

Maybe I'll talk about how great the rest of it is later because the whole episode was amazing but that ending really has me stunned at the moment. It was all going great and Jack was being so disgustingly nice to 'Release' and I loved it but every time he said something I was so uncomfortable like, "You fucking asshole stop acting like we're friends you are not nice." But I had to play Rhys like Rhys so he just went along with it with minimal hesitation the stupid fuck(I love him actually, sorry Rhys). He ALMOST ruled Hyperion, he almost did but got squeemish about shoving that thing in his head godd... Oh and every so often I remember that Sasha my queen was captured and feel horrible but mainly all I worry about is...

I DIDn't TELL A SOUL ABOUT JACK. HA HAHA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Sign in to comment in this discussion.