Episode 4 "Escape Plan Bravo" Discussion Thread

Comments

• Just dropping this down here: I had the option to give a big, fat kiss to Scooter. Where would I give that to him?

• It has good moments but it's not a good episode. I had fun, I just kept thinking, damn, other companies are doing this better than Telltale these days. Episode 4 felt so thin.

• GOD DAMMIT

When you play the game of boardrooms you're either Jack or you get jacked.

• Fiona kisses him on the cheeck

MarteenPyro posted: »

Just dropping this down here: I had the option to give a big, fat kiss to Scooter. Where would I give that to him?

• Whew! Thanks, the weight is gone from... Everywhere. So, I can finally replay the episode with that option (wanted to do that, but couldn't take the risk)

stevean2 posted: »

Fiona kisses him on the cheeck

• Episode was awesome, I actually had to finish it today because of the PC problems I had last night. Holy shit was that awesome. Didn't know a Telltale episode can be funny and depressing at the same time, but there you go.

• Is it? Because Tannis said she would be able to come up for a cure for eridium poisoning, one would also assume eridium addiction because Lilith was well on her way, with the slag research that was being done. And no idea what you are talking about, I'm going to assume other games.

DeityD posted: »

Right. Because evidently, we had another way. Hey by any chance you've also (maybe) tried to save Scooter? Any luck? That's just beyond absurd. It's not some Dishonored or Deus ex.

• I don't know how the series will end and don;t know if Telltale are considering second season with the same characters , but i could say that this game is f...ing amazing and the world in the game is quite big , so even if they don't do a season 2 , they could use different characters.

• edited August 2015

All those questions you should adress to gearbox. Cause we as players can't even talk most of the times,not to mention decide anything. I like Angel and naturally I was sorry but hell, I don't feel like it was our fault (as players or vault hunters) in any way. Cause we literally had no option to say or do anything else - like I said, it's not some Dishonored where our choices matter and we can spare people. If it was, I think 90% of people would've saved her. But I think that was the point of the whole mission - gearbox love to drink our tears.

Yeah, another game. Tales from the borderlands.

Is it? Because Tannis said she would be able to come up for a cure for eridium poisoning, one would also assume eridium addiction because Li

• This episode was great! I was happy to see the hilarity was still intact and the unexpected feels I got from several characters was amazing too. My only complaint is I wish there were more segments with present Rhys/Fiona and the Stranger but oh well. Damn that cliffhanger ending but I am so psyched for the next episode. Really wish this series had gotten the 6th episode like Thrones too seeing as how fun it's been from beginning to end through every episode.

• It's possible he says that only if you tell Fiona and Sasha about him.

Someguy12 posted: »

Did he really say he'd kill Fiona? In mine, he was just talking about having all the power now on Helios

• And Vaughn! Don't forget about Vaughn!

Deltino posted: »

I don't know, they're actually pretty close to the end of the (past) story from the looks of it. I'm thinking that they never managed to act

• Fuck IGN.

FUCK IGN

• edited August 2015

Just out of curiosity, did anyone notice that the choice notifications were disabled/missing?

Not that it's a big deal or that the choices have a large impact, by and large, but it felt odd not seeing them. ;)

• Yeah, they took out some of the moral choices because players didn't seem to take them. As much as I like the evil character in the game, I still get uneasy about some acts I consider wrong. Like sacrificing Matchstick, killing Angel, killing the escaped lab experiments, Killing Blue, the crystal monster when we could have just let them be, getting to the vault first to wipe out Hyperion(not all the employees are Jack. It makes Lilith sound just as genocidal as him to want to kill them all.), even killing Jack for revenge when he was already defeated and unable to fight.

I don't believe in moral equivalence, you cant justify your wrongs by saying someone was more wronger. So Gearbox's games makes no one a hero, they are all equally evil.

All those questions you should adress to gearbox. Cause we as players can't even talk most of the times,not to mention decide anything. I li

• Found it on Crys video! Around 10:30

Not that I've seen so far.

• It was a great episode, GoT may be more hyped than this but Borderlands owns that game in every aspect

• Maybe it happens only if you wait a few beats before picking a choice when the speech options are all glitching. I'm not sure what I did that made him say it.

Someguy12 posted: »

Did he really say he'd kill Fiona? In mine, he was just talking about having all the power now on Helios

• Yeah, I did too. Even for simple stuff, I was like "Oh thank god you're here!" because I play Rhys like a total wuss.

I definitely noticed, because I selected that option every time. I damselled the crap out of my Rhys.

• I chose them every time XD

Psh why not, we are on Helios. I wouldn't start climbing Mont Everest without a guide. When it comes to total chaos and manipulation, Handsome Jack is your sherpa you want.

• edited August 2015

That episode was probably the best of this season. It was hilarious and emotional at the same time... choices we made in the previous episodes actually mattered more in this episode I guess... that finger war scene was hilarious. And before his unfortunate demise, I kissed Scotter... uh, I mean Fiona kissed him, not me. I'm a goddamn urban male I-I mean, w-why would I want to kiss Scotter, right?

(?) Cool moves, Dark_Star. Cool moves.

ANYHOO, can't wait to play EP5! And I'm just gonna leave this here. Probably the favorite moment of this episode.

enter image description here

• i have a feeling that the mystery guy with fiona and rhys could be captain scarlett

• The second I played Episode 4, I enjoyed it imensely. Probably my favorite episode, So I decided to make this:

• Fiona the ship Ruiner.... How dare they?

Dark_Star posted: »

That episode was probably the best of this season. It was hilarious and emotional at the same time... choices we made in the previous episod

• Ah-ha! Found the Spaced clip of the hand gunfight I was talking about :)

enter link description here

• Just did a second play through with "bad guy" Rhys and I gotta say the ruling Hyperion ending is 10x cooler.

I feel so evil, but choosing to rule Hyperion with Jack is awesome. Yeah I know it's probably gonna blow up in my face, but it still felt awesome. I thought for sure the moment Jack was free he would betray Rhys, but surprisingly he didn't. Well not yet anyways lol and Jack was right not telling Fiona and Sasha about Jack is priceless. Man I hope choices really matter and you can somehow stay ruler of Hyperion

• Well....but....I mean.....Tassiter was a douche!

Also, further evidence of his hypocrisy: He says "that's legitimately creepy" when Vasquez threatens to scalp Rhys and keep his hair as a

• Did it explode in space, or did it explode upon impact with the ground?

Roymiller33 posted: »

Unlikely - we saw the rocket exploding in space. I m pretty sure he is dead

• Yeah, they were talking about the Stranger, trying to work out who he could be, and Fiona was going on about how he was most likely just another ridiculously stupid Pandoran loser going after a Vault, to which Rhys responded......well, that. And then Fiona glared at him and gave him the whole "Are you calling me stupid" treatment..........upon which Rhys quickly changed the subject. As you do. Because scary.

Oh that thing. I don't think it's determinant, it's just one of the dialogue options (which I didn't pick the first time so I had no idea).

• Did you accidentally turn them off in your settings?

Rob_K posted: »

Just out of curiosity, did anyone notice that the choice notifications were disabled/missing? Not that it's a big deal or that the choices have a large impact, by and large, but it felt odd not seeing them.

• They probably paralyzed her to have her in the tour.

Butt Stallion is real, we know that, but if she's bleeding, you'd think she'd be alive... Why is she standing there? Or do dead horses normally bleed?

• Uh...........no?

Because the whole "Get to the Vault now, and kill every Hyperion asshole in your way!" thing was because Jack was trying to TAKE CONTROL OF A GIANT ALIEN MONSTER THAT COULD WIPE OUT ALL LIFE ON THE PLANET!

That's not genocidal, that's PREVENTING genocide.............

And as for killing Jack at the end..........what was the alternative? He was a delusional psychopath with access to near unlimited funding and manpower, who had waged war on the planet Pandora, perpetrating countless atrocities (many simply for the shits and giggles), and would continue to do so. This was the ONE TIME since that war began where he was vulnerable, after you had defeated him, a medium sized army of Hyperion goons, and the freaking Warrior, just to top it all off. Of course you'd kill him! You don't back down at the end of the journey, just because the villain is too weak to fight back anymore. He was still screaming threats and obscenities at you, for Christ's sake.............

And no, they're not heroes. But they're not evil, either. But there are some who commit evil acts, and will continue to do so. That's the thing, people aren't evil. The things they can do? They're evil. And Jack was never going to stop. He was ambitious, and ruthless, and manipulative, and would do anything to anyone to get ahead )such as enslaving his own daughter; which he did well prior to the start of BL1, which came about BEFORE TPS, if you're one of those people who think he was a nice guy before that). And then he lost it. He went insane. He discovered that he liked to inflict pain, that he got a rush out of violence, that the power of life and death was intoxicating, and he got screwed over, repeatedly, and developed paranoia. His initial desire to do something good for Pandora (whilst simultaneously making himself rich and powerful) became warped into some demented hero complex, where he could justify anything, because HE was the hero of the story, and anyone who stood against him were villains and monsters. Even if the only thing they did to stand against him were be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He's fun, and charming, and fascinating, but he should never be defended. Never.

Yeah, they took out some of the moral choices because players didn't seem to take them. As much as I like the evil character in the game, I

• Rhys nervously laugh along: "Eheheheeehehe..............."

mirashade posted: »

I-... I.... DAMMIT. All I can think about- I can't handle this, it... Holy fuck. I just finished my first playthrough and I made horrible de

• This episode! I still can't get over it-- It was Legendary!

• I interpreted this scene as Telltale throwing shade at everybody who had a fit about the romance in Catch a Ride.

Dark_Star posted: »

That episode was probably the best of this season. It was hilarious and emotional at the same time... choices we made in the previous episod

• Soooo, I'm not really a gamer, and I only recently discovered Telltale games (iOS), and I played TWD seasons 1 & 2, GoT, and TWAU, and then finally TFTB because hey, it's another Telltale game, and they're fun.

You guys, I am straight obsessed with this game. And I've never played any of the Borderlands games or know anyone who does, least of all this one, and it was finally this episode where I felt the need to seek out a forum and make an account so I could fangirl with other like-minded people who play multiple save files at once and obsess over every interaction and facial expression and speculate wildly on the identity of the stranger. After this episode, I need to be with my people. Hello.

• Welcome. Enjoy your permanent stay. Muhahaha.

cussbunny posted: »

Soooo, I'm not really a gamer, and I only recently discovered Telltale games (iOS), and I played TWD seasons 1 & 2, GoT, and TWAU, and t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.