Another message to the shippers.

A few months ago, I wrote a post that pleaded with both navies to not, under any circumstances, start a naval battle in the TellTale seas.

After the Admirals and Captains of both battleships reassured me that all was peaceful and backed up by the statements of some of their sailors, I left in my submarine, content at the news.

And for a while, the TellTale sea looked like this:
Lovely

Then came Episode 4, and suddenly, the stormclouds arrived.

SHIT

The Rhysha shippers celebrated on how TellTale was supporting their Dreadnought, while on their Yamato, the Rhyiona shippers fumed and fumed until they blew their tops.

Of course, the Rhysha sailors had every right to celebrate, but some of them forgot to keep things civil, and started gloating about their victory, and began mocking the battleship a few miles away.

Of course most of the other sailors were respectful and polite, but a few bad apples had to ruin it.

What followed from the Rhyiona sailors can be easily summed up like this:
AW PISS

Now that's all cleared up, here's the actual message:

Rhyiona: I understand you were angry, I understand that you were frustrated, I understand that you were disgusted and shocked and raging, and that some of you encouraged the others to not give up, but some sailors took it too far and overreacted horribly. Sure, I've been on Reddit daily to know that roughly 80% of them (there is a good side, though) are conservative, female-hating, hypocritical, astonishingly stupid racist douchebags of the highest caliber, but your sailors are somewhat partially to blame for the vitriol that commenced from that extremely biased sub. You can blame the writers, blame the staff, blame the voice actors for shipping Rhysha, but I'm afraid it's not going to do anything.

Instead, do what Captain Wolf and Admiral Green would have wanted-continue being creative. My friend, Syberian, once stated to me that she'd keep on shipping Rhyiona even if it wasn't canon, because she still enjoyed it. Make daily headcanons! Draw fanart! Write short fics! Or, you could do the route me and Sybs did and make a massive AU where Nisha/Axton and Gaige/Timothy exist. Trust me, it seems daunting, but work on it and it will be fantastic. Captain Wolf said that your battleship was a gentle giant, so LIVE UP TO THAT REPUTATION! YOU ARE ALL REALLY NICE SAILORS, SO CHEER UP AND GET CRACKING!

Rhysha: I support your ship. Sure, I'm happy that you won, and I squeed at the moments too. And you have every right to get out the snacks, pop open the champagne, hit the music, cover the entire battleship in Christmas lights and dance on the decks. It was one hell of a party, and had a massive Victory cake too.

But remember, keep the trash talking "friendly." Sure, it began as a typical party, but soon the booze went to SOME brains and some of you started rubbing the victory in the faces of the Rhyiona sailors...when they asked you not to, and while the other Rhysha sailors were being nice.

If you're all gonna remain peaceful and start bombing the S.S Rhyiona, please try to not to be bad winners. You reacted a lot less more violently than the Rhyiona sailors, but still, SOME OF YOU, watch your mouths, please. Don't upset the other sailors, too.

Look, all I ever wanted to do was to stop this forum, one of the nicest I've ever known, period, from turning into another war zone. Under the TellTale ocean, in the vast seas of the Internet, are the wrecks and corpses of ships from previous, more vicious wars. They litter the sandy floor in the hundreds, painful reminders of how destructive simply pairing two favourite characters romantically can be, and how it lead to burning ships and bleeding sailors.

So, please-KEEP. THE. GODDAMN. PEACE.

And if we do, I will give out cookie baskets.

OKAY?

Comments

• As someone who's not a sailor of either ships

enter image description here

FIGHT

• I'm sure your intentions were good. But I bet this thread will become a new battleground.

At least it will root out who cares too much about their ships.

As much as I like Rhysha (which is a lot) there comes a time when you must realize that these are fictional people. There's nothing wrong loving a fictional couple, but starting shit because you hate a different one is just sad.

• What are you talking about?

This part of the forum isn't a "warzone". Sure there are some small banters but it doesn't go past that.

• edited August 2015

Of course, the Rhysha sailors had every right to celebrate, but they forgot to keep things civil,

dafuq are you talking about? We didn't do a thing? Rhiona overreacted on their own. No involvement of us necessary.

And as far as war is concerned...well, bring it on. I long for a true battle.

• I long for a true battle.

fuck off.

Of course, the Rhysha sailors had every right to celebrate, but they forgot to keep things civil, dafuq are you talking about? W

• ...Don't push my buttons. DON'T.

A war will cause a crapton of damage, destroy any friendships and bring out the absolute worst in people.

Of course, the Rhysha sailors had every right to celebrate, but they forgot to keep things civil, dafuq are you talking about? W

• I said I was worried that it would turn into one.

What are you talking about? This part of the forum isn't a "warzone". Sure there are some small banters but it doesn't go past that.

• Syberian learned that the hard way, even though she upheld herself very well as the death threats kept coming.

I'm sure your intentions were good. But I bet this thread will become a new battleground. At least it will root out who cares too much

• Death threats? Wow, people need to calm down...

LawmanZero posted: »

Syberian learned that the hard way, even though she upheld herself very well as the death threats kept coming.

• She shipped Zer0 and Athena together as her own AU headcanon. Otherwise, she was OK with Janeythena.

Unfortunately, most of the Tumblr fandom is absolutely full of shit.

She was actually crying and depressed from all the stupid hate.

Death threats? Wow, people need to calm down...

• edited August 2015

wot the fok did ye just say 2 us, man? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked 300 chocolate globbernaughts from tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin’ & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil dickhead w/ a hot mum & fake bling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper rumble. tha rumble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. my homeboys be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o’ newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a’ kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yer a stewpid lil twat, innit? ur in proper mess ya knobhead.

I said I was worried that it would turn into one.

• Here's a tip: Edit the words of the copypasta a bit to fit your viewpoint.

Like, on the TF2 Steam Workshop, there was one themed on drum majors, which was really funny.

Reliqum posted: »

wot the fok did ye just say 2 us, man? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked 300 choc

• MUCH better.

Reliqum posted: »

wot the fok did ye just say 2 us, man? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked 300 choc

• great. bring it on. who needs friendship anyway, if you can have war.

...Don't push my buttons. DON'T. A war will cause a crapton of damage, destroy any friendships and bring out the absolute worst in people.

• enter image description here

papai46 posted: »

I long for a true battle. fuck off.

• edited August 2015

Episode 1- I liked both a lot. Rhys and Fiona's interactions with the stranger felt like a cute couple bickering, but Sasha was the first character actually make Rhys drop his act, and that was a cute and heartwarming scene.

Episode 2- Nothing much changed because nothing much happend shipping wise, Rhys and Fiona finally seemed to be getting along, Rhys and Sasha didn't really interact together that much.

Episode 3- This is where I actually got turned off to wanting Rhys and Sasha. To summarize the episode it was: Rhysha jammed down my throat and Fiona learning to be a badass.
    So I didn't have a problem that the game made Rhys keep going with Sasha (kind of would get redundant to have both playable characters in the same place). My problem is that situation was so blatantly meant to be a romantic scenario. Basically, it felt completely forced. Both Rhys and Sasha were being stupid (like picking a flower when you're surrounded by deadly spores) for no other reason than to give options to encourage romance. And I ended up hating those scenes.
    On Fiona's end you get a lot of Jathena service (which I don't mind) but it focused on her developing. Which when you compare to Rhys, he really wasn't in the episode. But Athena gives Fiona the advice that "being a Vault Hunter is lonely" and I completely agree with that statement. If Fiona continues down the path of Vault Hunter, her and Rhys would never really work. With the exception of Athena, Vault Hunters only get with Vault Hunters, so far.

Episode 4- Really the only thing people have to go off is during the intro when Rhys and Sasha lock eyes. Which I found annoying cause, in one of my playthroughs I intentionally had been a dick to the sisters as Rhys and it still happened. I was grateful the episode did put pairings on the back burner and focused on the actual story.

One last note, is that when Telltale incorporates romance into its games, I always hope they go at it the same way a standard RPG would where your choices do decide. In TFTBL, not just the romance but story as a whole feels like you're on a roller coaster, a great one (it really is), but you're just on a track, which is disappointing considering what they promised.

• And who needs logic when you have insanity?

great. bring it on. who needs friendship anyway, if you can have war.

• Wow, that is actually really sad...people care so much about fictional characters that it made them forget about actual people...

She shipped Zer0 and Athena together as her own AU headcanon. Otherwise, she was OK with Janeythena. Unfortunately, most of the Tumblr fandom is absolutely full of shit. She was actually crying and depressed from all the stupid hate.

• what's so bad about insanity? you don't need to understand it, all you need to do is feel it, embrace it!

And who needs logic when you have insanity?

• She doesn't post here too often, though-got dissatisfied with the sailors somewhere and decided to post infrequently.

Wow, that is actually really sad...people care so much about fictional characters that it made them forget about actual people...

• I long for a true battle.

why would you want that?

• Of course, the Rhysha sailors had every right to celebrate, but they forgot to keep things civil, and started gloating about their victory, and began mocking the battleship a few miles away.

I don't know what you have seen, but I haven't seen any of this, and if there has been, I have not personally taken part in it, so don't make it sound like what maybe a couple people did is what everyone who supports Rhysha did, that's unfair.

• because it would be glorious!

Kruzii posted: »

I long for a true battle. why would you want that?

because it would be glorious!

• Noted, and the main post was edited accordingly. Apologies-I was worried and may have not been thinking too straight.

Of course, the Rhysha sailors had every right to celebrate, but they forgot to keep things civil, and started gloating about their victory,

• Nah.

what's so bad about insanity? you don't need to understand it, all you need to do is feel it, embrace it!

• edited August 2015

You can ship couples without inciting wars, death, destruction and a heavy demand for cookies.

• Cookies are for relief?

You can ship couples without inciting wars, death, destruction and a heavy demand for cookies.

• Cookies are for relief, peace and for those who loves them.

Cookies are for relief?

• 'Jammed down my throat' is a bit of exaggeration. I'm pretty the writers were like, 'Hey this would be a funny scene to write in!' And there were funny moments, you get the awkward 'romantic thing, Rhys thinking Sasha has fallen to her death and the flower scene was just nice.
    I don't really get why you think it was 'forced'. The two characters have some great chemsitry since the first episode, so just to add to their 'relationship', the writers put in another element, but I'm not sure how you can this is forced if you can just not be romantic at all and avoid that side of the relationship with her. And the reason I think Fiona got more development than Rhys was because she barely got any the previous episode, unlike Rhys who had to deal with Handsome Jack.

Episode 1- I liked both a lot. Rhys and Fiona's interactions with the stranger felt like a cute couple bickering, but Sasha was the first ch

• blood, glory, chaos, destruction!

• Episode 5 isn't even out yet...

But people still think that somehow episode 4 confirms the ship?

It's not like there won't be something that happens in episode 5 that could please BOTH ships.

Some people need to calm down.

blood, glory, chaos, destruction!

• It's not like there won't be something that happens in episode 5 that could please BOTH ships.

Telltale isn't going that route though, which is what makes me so angry about it. They seem to be going, Rhysha or nothing, sometimes even only Rhysha. In the beginning Rhys and Sasha look at each other no matter what, no matter how bad you treat her. And don't quote me on this, but I think that Jack will always mention the Rhys and Sasha "taking selfies" line, no matter what if you pick a certain option when he asks you what would you do with Hyperions power. They aren't really giving a choice, again which is what my problem is.

Episode 5 isn't even out yet... But people still think that somehow episode 4 confirms the ship? It's not like there won't be something that happens in episode 5 that could please BOTH ships. Some people need to calm down.

• You never know, though. It's Telltale. They could go that route if they truly wanted to please both ships.

Well, a cutscene doesn't mean everything. I could see why you're angry about that cutscene, but I don't agree with it because it was just a cutscene. Something could happen due to your choices, maybe it was just Telltale not noticing that they should change the cutscene based on choices?

I never got that line.

They might do something in Ep. 5 to surprise you, but even if they don't, you can always make headcanons.

Green613 posted: »

It's not like there won't be something that happens in episode 5 that could please BOTH ships. Telltale isn't going that route thoug

• They could go that route if they truly wanted to please both ships.

They don't though that's the problem.

You never know, though. It's Telltale. They could go that route if they truly wanted to please both ships. Well, a cutscene doesn't mean

• sigh

for the glory of satan of course.

• But that's why they still have Episode 5 to go. They could still do something. It's Telltale.

And even if they don't, you can still make headcanons. There's no use crying over spilled milk.

Green613 posted: »

They could go that route if they truly wanted to please both ships. They don't though that's the problem.

• edited August 2015

I thought that by now we all learned that posting threads like this only encourages the fighting, I guess I gave people to much credit.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.