Who felt sorry for Jack...?

Who felt sorry for Jack as soon as he talked about Angel and wanting to see her? I know in borderlands 2 he imprisoned her and defiantly wasn't a #1 Dad, but I think he truly cared for her. Though I think once he finds out that she's actually dead... all hell will break loose.

Comments

• I've felt for Jack since Borderlands 2, all the side quests you can do to uncover pieces of his past are really tragic, and it really becomes obvious how Jack was a good guy with the best intentions is turned into a darker person through the pre-sequel. Seeing AI Jack show some genuine emotion after seeing that picture just hurts even more, in a way he's going to relive that tragedy all over again once he finds out what happened to her.

• I did, but then he forcefully put himself into Helios after I rejected him and said I would have to kill Fiona, so all my sympathy was gone.

• edited August 2015

Do you think that (if you chose to rule Hyperion together) he'll start to become less dark and turn towards good-- or do you think once he finds out that his daughter is dead he'll end up back on the path of wanted to rid the world of Pandora and the vault hunters?

I've felt for Jack since Borderlands 2, all the side quests you can do to uncover pieces of his past are really tragic, and it really become

• I did, but that's hardly surprising. I was on his side right from the start.

• he will betray us no matter what :|

crazilyjo posted: »

Do you think that (if you chose to rule Hyperion together) he'll start to become less dark and turn towards good-- or do you think once he f

• Whhy!

Kruzii posted: »

he will betray us no matter what

• you know its true </3

• There was a slight twinge of sympathy from me before I remembered who I was talking to. After that it was just "Nope."

• Jack completely played Rhys like a violin......BLAKE WHERE'S A BLOODY VIOLIN

enter image description here

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited August 2015

I do agree that in a really twisted way, he truly cared about Angel

One of my favorite moments in BL2 is during the Angel fight. He just keeps threatening and taunting you throughout that fight, but near the end of it, he gives in and just pleads with you not to hurt her.

• I don't deny Jack didn't love his daughter, but at the end of the day, she really was just a means to his ends tragically.

Both her and Scooter deserved so much better

Deltino posted: »

I do agree that in a really twisted way, he truly cared about Angel One of my favorite moments in BL2 is during the Angel fight. He just

• I believe we could rule together just fine and that his demeanor wouldn't really change but we'd see more of Jack before he became Handsome Jack, he has severe trust issues and I can't blame him for having them but Rhys did seem to find a way to make himself a friend to Jack rather than just an asset. And I really don't believe he'd turn on us since no one from the group had nothing to do with his daughter's death, he would just become unapproachable towards changing his mind at all about getting rid of anyone who fit the bill of being a psycho/bandit.

crazilyjo posted: »

Do you think that (if you chose to rule Hyperion together) he'll start to become less dark and turn towards good-- or do you think once he f

I've always liked when even humorous games like this have a kind of tragic, emotional underside to them

The way I see it, no great comedy is complete without at least one emotionally charged and/or tragic moment at some point

I don't deny Jack didn't love his daughter, but at the end of the day, she really was just a means to his ends tragically. Both her and Scooter deserved so much better

• Not like a fiddle?

Jack completely played Rhys like a violin......BLAKE WHERE'S A BLOODY VIOLIN

• ummmmmm.....no

Jack's Violin

Not like a fiddle?

• Said I would have to kill Fiona

enter image description here

I did, but then he forcefully put himself into Helios after I rejected him and said I would have to kill Fiona, so all my sympathy was gone.

• As I told Ctarl Empire, I must have done something different from what other people did, when I upload that part of my play through up on Youtube, you can check it out and see what I did differently that led to Jack saying this to me.

bigdogg0821 posted: »

Said I would have to kill Fiona

• You already know you're giving me your Youtube nam- Its metallicarules isnt it :l

As I told Ctarl Empire, I must have done something different from what other people did, when I upload that part of my play through up on Youtube, you can check it out and see what I did differently that led to Jack saying this to me.

• yeah I felt sad yes.

but not remembing make me confused I've only played a little of borderlands 2 but please correct me if I am wrong Angel dies before the ending of the game. Handsome Jack dies right at the ending. HJ in tales of the borderlands dose remember getting shot. in ep3 he says "...cant learn to work to work with people you wanna punch in the thoat, well, youre going to die. with nothing but your pride and a big fat hole in in your sterume. it sucks and shit it hurts." - he remembers getting shot so was that a mistake on the writing part

or did he pretend that Angel wasn't dead? yeah don't know I am confused

• lol Was just making a MGS joke, but good find on that video :)

ummmmmm.....no Jack's Violin

• Yep, you've got the timeline correct. But Nakiyama created HAIndsome JAIck prior to his death. As in, a good chunk of time before the second set of Vault Hunters start kicking up dirt. So, this version of him doesn't know Angel's dead as opposed to his imprisonment of her. I may have teared up during that part. Scooter and that little moment broke me.

Twice in one episode. Good job, TellTale.

yeah I felt sad yes. but not remembing make me confused I've only played a little of borderlands 2 but please correct me if I am wrong An

• Actually it's dalzelljack. I've had that account for years before my Telltale account and have just been too damn lazy to change it.

You already know you're giving me your Youtube nam- Its metallicarules isnt it :l

• Thanks for the answer, but it still doesn't make any sense. that quote I quoted before was from the beginning of episode 3 where Jack gets Ryhs on top the trailer and ask Rhys if he trust him or not. in that dialog he brings up "do you know how I died"? saying so means he has the memories of how he died and knows Angel is dead.

"...with nothing but your pride, and a big fat hole in your sternum. it sucks and shit hurts." the is sternum part of the human body is the breastbone in the centre of chest. it protects heart and lungs. Handsome jack dies because he was shoot in the chest, his sternum would have been completely destroyed.

enter link description here

Strarmvic posted: »

Yep, you've got the timeline correct. But Nakiyama created HAIndsome JAIck prior to his death. As in, a good chunk of time before the second

• edited August 2015

Jack tells Rhys (if you revealed to Fiona and Sasha the existence of Handsome Jack in your head) that now that Fiona knows about him, he'll make Rhys kill her with his own hands. I don't know if he says the same if you don't tell them about Jack though.

Said I would have to kill Fiona

• That's what I thought it was too, but I was talking to someone who told them about Jack and that person said that Jack never said that in their game.

Shaboomm posted: »

Jack tells Rhys (if you revealed to Fiona and Sasha the existence of Handsome Jack in your head) that now that Fiona knows about him, he'll

• I will never feel sorry for him. There's enough evidence of physical and emotional abuse towards his daughter to indicate he only cared about himself.

• It may depend on if you sided with Jack previously in the game or not.

That's what I thought it was too, but I was talking to someone who told them about Jack and that person said that Jack never said that in their game.

• He was just taking a guess at why he died. He was voicing the single doubt he had about his role as a leader, the one thing that he suspected might be his downfall.

Orrrr he was making shit up to string Rhys along. There's also a possibility that Rhys filled him in a bit more, but he certainly doesn't have memories.

Thanks for the answer, but it still doesn't make any sense. that quote I quoted before was from the beginning of episode 3 where Jack gets R

• Jack's an awful person, but I do occasionally feel bad for him, even though I really shouldn't.

• That may be it, I did trust Fiona in Episode 2, but I did agree to his deal in Episode 3.

Shaboomm posted: »

It may depend on if you sided with Jack previously in the game or not.

• It's okay. Rhys is his new son.

Seriously though, I love that he apparently actually kind of cares about her. Father-daughter relationships really get to me, and 'evil father with soft spot for daughter' all the more. Too bad he didn't care enough to not be a shitstain to her.

If I could get one wish granted in TFTBL it's for AI Angel to show up and maybe slap AI Jack in the face. Then I could be satisfied if they both get deleted and finally stay dead.

• I do feel the tiniest bit sorry for him (knowing that I shouldn't), but I also have Angel's final words on this ear- uh....Pandora (it just doesn't have the same ring to it.......) running on repeat in my head when I do.

Angel, to Jack: "You're.....an asshole!"

Deadpoolian posted: »

Jack's an awful person, but I do occasionally feel bad for him, even though I really shouldn't.

• I still believe the AI Jack is just disoriented when he first shows up, and doesn't realise he's an AI. Then things all start clicking for him after some time passes, and he's back to normal except for the being dead part.

Thanks for the answer, but it still doesn't make any sense. that quote I quoted before was from the beginning of episode 3 where Jack gets R

• Yeah, doesn't change the fact that he's a psychopath who has no issue with murdering and experimenting on innocent people though.

• I pity him, especially after seeing how he became the way he is in The Presequel. Doesn't mean I condone anything he's done, but honestly he deserves at least a LITTLE pity.

• yeah that makes sense. when appears in ep2 he strongly states that he doesn't believe that he is dead.

also it clearly has been stated that Rhys has a obsesstion with HJ - and most likey knows how he dies. so it mean the AI take info from Rhys's head.

Greenzoid2 posted: »

I still believe the AI Jack is just disoriented when he first shows up, and doesn't realise he's an AI. Then things all start clicking for him after some time passes, and he's back to normal except for the being dead part.

• You know it would be crazy if you had let Lilith kill him (which almost no one does) but would that have changed his answer?

edited August 2015

I'd imagine that if Jack can control Rhys' cybernetics, he has to have access to his actual brain

If that's the case, I am slightly disappointed that they haven't had a scene of Jack digging up embarrassing memories and ridiculing Rhys about them. Or bringing up a list of chick-flicks that Rhys watched in private and tried to keep secret from everyone. Or bringing up some weird mystery fetish Rhys is into and calling him a sick bastard.

yeah that makes sense. when appears in ep2 he strongly states that he doesn't believe that he is dead. also it clearly has been stated th

• Oh you mean that element that tell-tale dose. "the game is tailed to how you play" - that could be a possibility but its not connected. IF borderlands was a tell-tale game then your actions would have results. season 1 of walking dead how you played Lee and the actions you chose will affect character's relationships with you. also when you go into playing as Clem in season 2 the dialog will be different on the actions you chose.

However Tales of the borderlands is different the 2 games its based on and prequel is made by a different game company, while its in the universe its takes place after the 3 games. it can't be directly link because different game company.

You know it would be crazy if you had let Lilith kill him (which almost no one does) but would that have changed his answer?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.