Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• They can't even handle PS3 Black Screen.

I had already noticed that the trailer shown during the Minecon Livestream had a PEGI rating (hence why I've mentioned in previous comments

• So, looks like we might get Minecraft: Episode 1 sometime around the same vicinity that we get Borderlands Episode 4 and/or the Game of Thrones Season Finale. That's surprising, as I had expected Telltale to sooner release the Michonne Miniseries and use that to fill up the downtime until Minecraft's premiere.

• dojo32161dojo32161 Moderator

Alt text

So, looks like we might get Minecraft: Episode 1 sometime around the same vicinity that we get Borderlands Episode 4 and/or the Game of Thro

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited July 2015

Well, I doubt things will work out that well. I'm predicting we get Borderlands 4 and Game of Thrones Ep 6, say, a few weeks apart and sometime around then we get Minecraft.

My prediction for the schedule is...

• Tales from the Borderlands Episode 4 - Late/Mid August
    • Minecraft: Episode 1 - Mid/Late September
    • Game of Thrones Episode 6 - Late September
  • That makes sense, although I'd expect GoT S1 or S8. It's a finale, so it'll most likely release quicker, and GoT usually takes less than 2 months.

Well, I doubt things will work out that well. I'm predicting we get Borderlands 4 and Game of Thrones Ep 6, say, a few weeks apart and somet

• Boy were you wrong.... xD AU classification mang

Well, I doubt things will work out that well. I'm predicting we get Borderlands 4 and Game of Thrones Ep 6, say, a few weeks apart and somet

• So I'm not the only one with some hope for this series! :O

• Nope. :)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

So I'm not the only one with some hope for this series! :O

• Wrong? How so? The timeframe I predicted hasn't come around yet. ;)

Boy were you wrong.... xD AU classification mang

• It's a finale, so it'll most likely release quicker

With the modern Telltale games, that's generally been the rule of thumb, but that's not always a guarantee. They could potentially take just as long as with this episode as they have for the other episodes. I wouldn't be surprised, but a gut feeling I have is making me assume that Telltale will still take around 2 months (give or take) for this episode just as they did for the rest of the Season.

derrickd95 posted: »

That makes sense, although I'd expect GoT S1 or S8. It's a finale, so it'll most likely release quicker, and GoT usually takes less than 2 months.

• Alt text

Wrong? How so? The timeframe I predicted hasn't come around yet.

• I think Game of Thrones Ep6 is more likely to come first. Late September would mean like practically 2 months which Telltale has never done for a season finale (from at least my experience).

• At least this Fall will be better than the last. Tales and Thrones launched very close to one another and even though that itself was an exciting time, the months in between No Going Back and Zer0 Sum news were really really boring.

But at this rate it looks like we'll be getting Thrones season finale, Tales ep4 + 5, Minecraft: Story Mode Ep1 and maybe even Ep2 and Walking Dead: Michonne premiere all by Christmas.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I also have some hope for this series, at first i was a bit sceptical but i didn't hate the idea and after seeing the trailer and learning more about it at Minecon i am starting to look forward to seeing what Story Mode will be like.

PAX Prime is going to be on from August 28th-31st so hopefully they will show a bit more information there :)

So I'm not the only one with some hope for this series! :O

• What's a Lizard Squad I play on PC Alt text

• Does anyone know if Telltale gonna be at Gamescome? They may announce dates for first episode there.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

It's unlikely that they will be attending Gamescon but they will probably be attending PAX Prime, i don't think they will announce release dates there as they normally announce them closer to the first episode release after they have added them to stores like Steam, PSN, Xbox marketplace, iOS app store or the Google play store.

Does anyone know if Telltale gonna be at Gamescome? They may announce dates for first episode there.

• Yeah I think PAX Prime will be Super Show stuff and maybe Michonne DLC screenshots? I doubt Story Mode news there regardless

OzzyUK posted: »

It's unlikely that they will be attending Gamescon but they will probably be attending PAX Prime, i don't think they will announce release d

• edited August 2015

Thing is, Minecraft ep 1 has been rated by the 3 major rating bodies (PEGI, New Zealand, and Australia) that we watch for ratings to see distance from release. Michonne ep 1 hasn't even been rated by one of them.

I'd honestly expect Minecraft, Michonne (this one I'm not too sure about though), and Super Show news, Minecraft most likely getting a early September release date, Michonne's release window being specified a bit more (i. e. November/December since they said late fall and fall ends December 21-22), and the Super Show getting first reveal + a reveal of Telltale's partner for it. Maybe some TFtB news as well, if ep 4 isn't out by then.

Yeah I think PAX Prime will be Super Show stuff and maybe Michonne DLC screenshots? I doubt Story Mode news there regardless

• I hope they will livestream it. I was hoping for episode 1 to come in August because in September i will be traveling a lot, so much will be going in september and forward and will not have enough time to play it. But im sure i can find time to play it.

Hey Ozzy, is PAX Prime gonna be livestreamed?

I also have some hope for this series, at first i was a bit sceptical but i didn't hate the idea and after seeing the trailer and learning m

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

There are some live streams from PAX but they are normally streams of panels, there is no scheduled information at the moment but if Telltale do have one planned all the information about it will be added to the OP.

If Telltale don't do any live panels there will be lots of press at the event who will likely do interviews as they did the same thing at last years PAX Prime where they showed Tales from the Borderlands.

Smellmeh posted: »

I hope they will livestream it. I was hoping for episode 1 to come in August because in September i will be traveling a lot, so much will be

• The finale for Game of Thrones won't take that long. ArthurV has pretty much said thrones is winding down and that he's started working on The Walking Dead Michonne.

• In that case, looks like i will be playing Episode 1 very late. :(

Thing is, Minecraft ep 1 has been rated by the 3 major rating bodies (PEGI, New Zealand, and Australia) that we watch for ratings to see dis

• September 14th is my guess. I don't think they're gonna launch this until Game of Thrones Ep6 launches

• That's a Monday. I bet you mean September 15th

September 14th is my guess. I don't think they're gonna launch this until Game of Thrones Ep6 launches

• Yea my bad

That's a Monday. I bet you mean September 15th

• I hope there is a launch trailer, because I want to see more footage of the game.

• Yes there will. Telltale always makes another trailer when they are about to release a episode.

I hope there is a launch trailer, because I want to see more footage of the game.

• Modern Telltale episodes always get launch trailers, so don't worry. You should be fine.

I hope there is a launch trailer, because I want to see more footage of the game.

• Yep.

Damn, that late August prediction is looking pretty good right now.

• things are moving alot faster, i predicted it to be released, 18/11/15. either way it will be my first telltale game i ever owned no doubt.

I just checked the Australian Classification Board to see if there where any updates for Tales from the Boderlands and i noticed that Minecraft Story Mode has been rated PG. Website Link Edit: It has also been rated by PEGI.

• edited August 2015

Well with TFTB episode 4 released, there is a chance we might get episode 1 of minecraft soon. :)

• Especially with it being rated and all, but I wouldn't expect it until late September or October.

Well with TFTB episode 4 released, there is a chance we might get episode 1 of minecraft soon.

• I am expecting it in mid September and hopefully ill be able to pre-purchase it before September 10th.

dojo32161 posted: »

Especially with it being rated and all, but I wouldn't expect it until late September or October.

• I'm actually surprised that the game isn't already available for preorder. The Episode looks pretty much done judging from the trailer, also don't Telltale usually unlock preorders after the Teaser trailer for a series. (The Wolf Among Us, Tales from The Borderlands. TWD S2).

I am expecting it in mid September and hopefully ill be able to pre-purchase it before September 10th.

• I wonder if this gets released before the final episode of Game of Thrones.

• Wolf Among Us also had a similar situation where they had a Season Premiere trailer in August 2013 whereas the game launched (with another trailer) sometime later in October. If the same thing is happening here, we could still get Minecraft in late, late August or sometime in September.

I'm actually surprised that the game isn't already available for preorder. The Episode looks pretty much done judging from the trailer, also

• If Game of Thrones follows the same schedule it has with the other episodes, then we can probably expect Game of Thrones Episode 6 to arrive in late September. Meanwhile, various signs point to Minecraft: Story Mode possibly coming out sometime late this month or any time next month. So, I'd say it's certainly possible.

I wonder if this gets released before the final episode of Game of Thrones.

• Episode 1 of Wolf was classified on - September 16th 2013, and the episode came out October 11th.

Episode 1 of TWD S2 was classified on - December 4th 2013, and the episode came out December 17th.

Now Minecraft Storymode got classified on - July 26th, and we know how much Telltale can just suddenly drop some news out of the blue, but you would think they would have had preorders up by now if the episode were to premiere later this month or early Sepetember. Wolf got it's preorders started in August.

Wolf Among Us also had a similar situation where they had a Season Premiere trailer in August 2013 whereas the game launched (with another t

Sign in to comment in this discussion.