Best. Gunfight. Ever. Period. Ever.

Oh Yeah!

Comments

• dragged on for too long, imho

• Damn accountants.

• If only Vaughn was there, they could've done the back to back move.

• Alright so when are we going to see a flash mob of this in real life?

• Loader Bot would have been proud.

• Man, if only Vaughn or Loaderbot were there! Then it would be even better! Just imagine it!

• "He's out of bullets! I've been counting!"

• I used to do a lot of adventure-type roleplay. That dude really struck a chord with me; combat RP is absolute SHIT and generally involves a lot of OOC arguing to that effect.

"He's out of bullets! I've been counting!"

• But Rhys was still able to win, he just thought out of the box!

I can see why it pissed you off, but if someone's gonna do something like that, improvise!

(Also I'm really tempted to play out this entire thing in real life.)

Piggs posted: »

I used to do a lot of adventure-type roleplay. That dude really struck a chord with me; combat RP is absolute SHIT and generally involves a lot of OOC arguing to that effect.

• This is why when it comes to me and roleplay, I usually stick to more social, and character-interaction roleplays. I LOVE to do dangerous, combat, and adventurous plays. But like, less than 1% of the partners I've ever had, I've meshed well enough with them to ENJOY it. Most people just make the action bits feel like drab filler. That's not a knock on them. It's just the chemistry mismatch.

Piggs posted: »

I used to do a lot of adventure-type roleplay. That dude really struck a chord with me; combat RP is absolute SHIT and generally involves a lot of OOC arguing to that effect.

• Also one of the most violent gunfights.

• This gun fight deserve it's own movie!

• edited August 2015

Haha, it was quite possibly the greatest 'action' sequence I've ever played. I love how Hyperion is full of awful people with little to no morals, yet at the same time, they're complete nerds who run around frequently having fake gun fights. It's incredible!

Edit- Wait, I just had a thought... Do you think Handsome Jack himself ever participated in this sort of stuff?

• Yup, and he used real guns

Deadpoolian posted: »

Haha, it was quite possibly the greatest 'action' sequence I've ever played. I love how Hyperion is full of awful people with little to no m

• edited August 2015

Ha! Pretty much what I was thinking.

Maybe he'd play fair at first, but the second things stopped going his way, he'd be a sore loser and pull out some real guns. :P

Gideowl posted: »

Yup, and he used real guns

• Well, being an asshole in in HJ blood, that's why he got the top position he has today, or maybe he had... I can't picture him doing these stuff, maybe messing up with wallet head Vasquez haha ''SMOKE HIM. For real''

Ha! Pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe he'd play fair at first, but the second things stopped going his way, he'd be a sore loser and pull out some real guns. :P

• Kind of like what happens if you screw up the last bit of that fight scene where there's an "up" prompt before a button-mash. I completely forgot about that prompt on one playthrough and I got "hit", then when Rhys stood up and spoke his voice thingie wasn't on so a dude said "Wait, you're not Vasquez. SMOKE HIM FOR REAL!" and literally the whole room pulled out Hyperion weapons and mowed him down.

It was the funniest failure I've had in this game XD

Ha! Pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe he'd play fair at first, but the second things stopped going his way, he'd be a sore loser and pull out some real guns. :P

• I absolutely have to try that in my next playthrough!

Mazekial posted: »

Kind of like what happens if you screw up the last bit of that fight scene where there's an "up" prompt before a button-mash. I completely f

• enter image description here

Did this person play the same episode we played, the shootout scene was the craziest, most ridiculous, and hilarious scene in the entire series so far.

• This very well may be my favorite scene in TFTBL, hell maybe in the entire series, easily top five at the very least. It was laughing so hard I almost failed, and then I just started laughing harder. A John Woo/Matrix finger gunfight with nerds while trying to sound like Patrick Warburton all the while a janitor looks on ridiculing you and all those you participated. Completely worth it, so glad I never gave up hope on this series, never change TFTBL, never change. Oh, and finger grenades, rockets and knives, can't forget that to!

• ...So after I played that episode and went to work... I've started to do the finger gun stuff too, sound effects included. My body count is rising.

• The best gun fight without anyone dying and a single blood getting spilled!

And considering this is a setting where people getting killed is played for laugh, this is totally something. :D

• I would totally do that, it can be bloody boring as hell working in a cubical all day, yeah, finger gun battle, that will lighten the mood... or get me fired for being insane. Still... why not?

...So after I played that episode and went to work... I've started to do the finger gun stuff too, sound effects included. My body count is rising.

• slow pacing?

enter image description here

Yeah, cool.

Did this person play the same episode we played, the shootout scene was the craziest, most ridiculous, and hilarious scene in the entire series so far.

• They're probably still virgin too.

Damn accountants.

• edited August 2015

I really like how all the Hyperion accountants, FOR SOME REASON, decide that the best way to act is like that you're a stereotypical Prohibition/1920s-era gangster or walking Godfather reference. That confrontation and subsequent battle had all the typical signs of a regular Gang War assassination.

• Now, if Booker had been here...

This very well may be my favorite scene in TFTBL, hell maybe in the entire series, easily top five at the very least. It was laughing so ha

• They should do the fake gun fight like this during Crowd Play and record it, just imagine how ridiculous it would be with 500+ people participating in it

• lol Same, I work in a small office with like 10 people but I go out a lot and meet clients all day, it's nice whenever I get a crappy one now, they start walking away after we say good-bye, pew-pew "Still got it" XD

I would totally do that, it can be bloody boring as hell working in a cubical all day, yeah, finger gun battle, that will lighten the mood... or get me fired for being insane. Still... why not?

• I love that if you fail, it's revealed that all of these low-level accountants have Hyperion weaponry with which to murder you for real.

I guess the new staff of Helios didn't want a repeat of the Lost Legion Massacre (where pretty much everyone except Jack and a few select scientists died horribly) from the Pre-Sequel happening and prepared accordingly.

• Am i the only one who didin't think the gun fight was necessary? I mean don't get me wrong, it was amazing! I just hate scenes that have 0 dialog options in them and think that it went on a lil too long.

• If only... if only.

LawmanZero posted: »

Now, if Booker had been here...

• Nothing wrong with a bit of fun and I think it is necessary considering that every episode has a great action scene. Up to that point in the episode, there hasn't been one yet.

Crydog posted: »

Am i the only one who didin't think the gun fight was necessary? I mean don't get me wrong, it was amazing! I just hate scenes that have 0 dialog options in them and think that it went on a lil too long.

• Actually, Booker would be a great Vault Hunter-he loots stuff off corpses and rifles through dumpsters.

Although none of the Vault Hunters have been seen eating leftover food from trash cans...

If only... if only.

• True, I can already see the skill tree for the Skyhook... what a great idea.

LawmanZero posted: »

Actually, Booker would be a great Vault Hunter-he loots stuff off corpses and rifles through dumpsters. Although none of the Vault Hunters have been seen eating leftover food from trash cans...

• It would be hilarious if everyone's reaction to him, including Jack, went:

"He's a badass and has great experience, but he eats food out of dumpters."

And then, Jack's reaction:
    "Why...why are you eating THAT, bandit? WHY? And freaking hell, must you eat EVERYTHING? That's it, I'm not gonna kill ya, you'll just die of food poisoning. I give up!"

True, I can already see the skill tree for the Skyhook... what a great idea.

• Sure it wasn't necesarry, but it was one of the most hilarious scenes from the whole TftB.

Am i the only one who didin't think the gun fight was necessary? I mean don't get me wrong, it was amazing! I just hate scenes that have 0 dialog options in them and think that it went on a lil too long.

• It's actually considered the highlight of Ep 4 so far.

Pipas posted: »

Sure it wasn't necesarry, but it was one of the most hilarious scenes from the whole TftB.

• Necessary? No

Hilarious and made the episode even more enjoyable? Fuck yeah.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator

Alright so when are we going to see a flash mob of this in real life?

Sign in to comment in this discussion.