Another message to the shippers.

Comments

• So, please-KEEP. THE. GODDAMN. PEACE.

enter image description here

• hey, get in line. He challenged me first so he gets some first.

cringe

• As someone who's not a sailor of either ships FIGHT

• edited August 2015

There are good people here and there, and most of 'em are on this forum.

But sadly, a large amount are gigantic assholes.

Leluch123 posted: »

Fuqk Tumblr really

• Hey, you can use this to impress your mates.

Miny77 posted: »

The sad thing is this is accurate to my accent from here.

• oh god you sound like John Cena

hey, get in line. He challenged me first so he gets some first.

• I bloody hate rasin. Cookies and chocolate are meant to be together forever!

LawmanZero posted: »

WE SHALL WIPE THE RAISIN ABOMINATION OFF THE MAP. I've met her a few times. She's cool.

• am I supposed to know that guy?

oh god you sound like John Cena

• I am so sick and tired of those shippings.

• Aw, piss.

I thought that by now we all learned that posting threads like this only encourages the fighting, I guess I gave people to much credit.

• Tiny Tina, Straight Outta Tundra (Express.) There, Gearbox-I solved the title card for you.

And yes, Dave, OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES WERE A CRUEL PRANK ON HUMANITY INVENTED BY SOME SADISTIC BAKER AND HIS FRIEND.

I bloody hate rasin. Cookies and chocolate are meant to be together forever!

• K.

I said I was worried that it would turn into one.

• Got tired of people fighting for which ship will win.

Sometimes guys, I just wish for Sasha AND Fiona to die!

• Very mature.

Aw, piss.

• edited August 2015

Goddammit, I thought I was helping...and now the fight's probably gonna be even worse.

Very mature.

• Yeah i felt that the Rhys and Sash romance thing has been pretty well handled so far. It wasnt something I was expecting as it started off very subtle and wasn't really explored until episode 3.

kaza125 posted: »

'Jammed down my throat' is a bit of exaggeration. I'm pretty the writers were like, 'Hey this would be a funny scene to write in!' And there

• I ship.

Kinda.

So, uh... Rhys/ Jack, anyone? Anyone? ...OK, I'll see myself out.

• No clue what line you're talking about.

Green613 posted: »

It's not like there won't be something that happens in episode 5 that could please BOTH ships. Telltale isn't going that route thoug

• Because you're not dead or a hologram, Rhys.

J_E_K posted: »

"I can FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Oh, Jack.........why can't I fly?

• Ah. Should totally get on that. Hey, anyone know where I can find a crazy scientist who harbours a......"certain fondness" for me, to use Shade's vernacular?

SCR4P-TP posted: »

Because you're not dead or a hologram, Rhys.

• ...me too. I'm not proud of it, but... yeah. I've shipped it pretty much since the scene where Vaughn makes fun of Rhys for his Jack posters and Rhys gets embarrassed.

I ship. Kinda.

• Eh, bromance is bromance, and glorious abs are glorious abs.

...me too. I'm not proud of it, but... yeah. I've shipped it pretty much since the scene where Vaughn makes fun of Rhys for his Jack posters and Rhys gets embarrassed.

• I'm pretty sure Jack has a line in Ep. 3 along the lines of him cryptically warning Rhys that he and Fiona being together is a BAD idea. I think that's hinting for a twist that these two really shouldn't be together, maybe for a reason we don't quite know yet.

Just a thought.

• I could support this, actually. Sure, I would lose Sasha, but then I wouldn't have to worry seeing more scenes with Fiona, so...equivalent exchange?

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Got tired of people fighting for which ship will win. Sometimes guys, I just wish for Sasha AND Fiona to die!

• Probably because he wants to kill her. Look at Episode 5's slide.

Demarcoa posted: »

I'm pretty sure Jack has a line in Ep. 3 along the lines of him cryptically warning Rhys that he and Fiona being together is a BAD idea. I

• they always change slides just a few days before having the episode released ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Piggs posted: »

Probably because he wants to kill her. Look at Episode 5's slide.

• It's just a joke. And I'm pretty sure it's a specific joke for TFTB community.

I'm pretty sure Jack has a line in Ep. 3 along the lines of him cryptically warning Rhys that he and Fiona being together is a BAD idea. I

• Handsome Jack can also say that he's going to force you to kill Fiona if you reject Hyperion. I think a fight's going to happen.

they always change slides just a few days before having the episode released ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• If you are referring to jack-apedia, it specifically said it would be weird. Why? You are Rhys and Fiona, you would be dating yourself.

• Best video from 2015, great job bro, I just finish, borderlands!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKtNSVHVNk

Not that I'm shipping RHYSHA https://nf-14a3.kxcdn.com/public/style_emoticons/default/kappa.png

Leluch123 posted: »

This that little gem will fit in here xD enter link description here

• That link.. Wow... just wow

• Leluch123Leluch123 Banned
    edited August 2015

I can't claim the credits for it, I only suggested using the clips, the guy who made those is Irunts

*Not that I'm shipping RHYSHA *

sure sure you know where to find us ;)

Best video from 2015, great job bro, I just finish, borderlands! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKtNSVHVNk Not that I'm shipping RHYSHA

• It actually make sense. A fight's going to happen, but not sure if Handsome Jack will be the reason.

Piggs posted: »

Handsome Jack can also say that he's going to force you to kill Fiona if you reject Hyperion. I think a fight's going to happen.

• Rhys and the Bismark that is my ship and I'm sticking to it. Well then there is Jack and Dumpy.

• Oh, I get it. That's funny

Reliqum posted: »

If you are referring to jack-apedia, it specifically said it would be weird. Why? You are Rhys and Fiona, you would be dating yourself.

• You gotta see a doctor then.

Wolfenus54 posted: »

Got tired of people fighting for which ship will win. Sometimes guys, I just wish for Sasha AND Fiona to die!

• At this point people are being fucking childish, this is nothing to be mad about. People saying stuff like "Telltale doesn't care" "Telltale kicked us while we were down" all over fictional characters getting together or not getting together like I said "CHILDISH". Sorry if I've offended I'm just frustrated with the way certain people reacted.

• I ship Loaderbot x Rhys.

• edited August 2015

AN ANNOUNCEMENT:

As you know, there is a friend of mine, Syberian, who posts here infrequently.

Now, she set up a blog for people who were sick and tired of the infamously toxic Tumblr fandom to read normal stuff, like headcanons and pictures of her cat.

She also ships Zer0 and Athena together, which fortunately, almost everyone on her tolerates.

But here's the big difference between her and other shippers: She doesn't care if it's canon or not. She has no problems with Janeythena, either. Zer0thena will never happen in canon, either, but it would make her day if they were FRIENDS. She ships Rhyiona, too, but on Fanfiction, she has no problems with discussing Rhysha or Faugust.

But unfortunately, 80% of tumblr Borderlands shippers are screaming, shallow, militant, bloodthirsty pirates who will, without doing any research, simply go to the blog that has the tiniest hint of a ship they hate and attempt to cyberbully them until the person gets depression, BECAUSE THEY DON'T LIKE THAT FUCKING PAIRING, AND THEREFORE, IT'S THEIR SO-CALLED FUCKING DUTY TO GIVE THEM AGONIZING PAIN AND STRESS AND RAGE BECAUSE THEY CAN.

Sybs endured the following:

• Anons, or as I like to call half of them, Jerk with a Heart of Jerk, screaming at her endlessly.
    • Other users going right up to tell her that they were unfollowing her because they didn't like her ship. To her face.
    • The hate on the Zer0thena stuff getting so bad that she had to move all her beloved fanart from friends and headcanons to the very bottom.
    • The stress getting to her, and resulting her crying and getting depressed for several days.
    • And most importantly, someone spamming her inbox with death threat after death threat on Fanfiction.

Yet, she pulled through. Until recently.

Someone on here, I suspect, hacked her Telltale Forum account. And once they'd taken over, I woke up to see this on The Borderlands Confession Thread:

The ultimate definition of bullshit

Now, let me explain all the reasons why you're wrong, you scumbag.

STOP. RIGHT. THERE. First off, you're being a massive hypocrite. You say that you're not being rude, THEN YOU GO ON TO SAY THAT HER WRITING ISN'T VERY GOOD, AND THAT SHE ISN'T A GOOD PERSON.

but she's not that great of a writer,

Not that great of a writer, huh? Well, then, EXPLAIN WHY SHE HAS OVER 80 REVIEWS, 56 FAVOURITES AND 75 FOLLOWS ON HER ZER0THENA FANFIC. EXPLAIN WHY SHE CURRENTLY HAS 200+ FOLLOWERS ON HER GODDAMN BLOG. IF 'SHE WASN'T THAT GREAT', ACCORDING TO YOU, SHE'D HAVE LIKE 10 FOLLOWERS, AT LEAST 8 OR 10 REVIEWS AND 20-SOMETHING FAVOURITES AND FOLLOWS.

and doesn't seem like that good of a person.

WHAT?!

OK, KID, PUT ON SOME FUCKING GLASSES, IT'S TIME TO DO SOME READING.

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/127434388059/character-and-ship-hate-weighing-you-down-just

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/127261078719/dont-post-ship-hate

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/127182170729/reminder

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/125216560754/alright-let-me-say-this-real-quick-thank-you

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/126437301264/do-you-know-what-you-can-do-with-the-time-spent

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/123854806154/friendly-reminders

http://borderlinesyberian.tumblr.com/post/123652301239/theres-this-thing-that-i-havent-noticed-until#notes

OH, AND HERE ARE SOME QUOTES FROM MY MASSIVE FANFICTION PM THING THAT HAS BEEN ON SINCE DECEMBER 2014:

I've never said this, but thank you for shipping Zer0 and Athena with me and discussing headcanons and stuff about that ship.

I feel like I annoy you sometimes about the ship and I feel like messaging you that it's okay to stop if you want, but that's anxiety talking.

But, overall... thank you. I've appreciated it so much the past... it's almost been a year.

(On stress) Hey, calm down. Take a deep breath and close your eyes for a moment. This is something that can be done, turned in, and a grade received. Don't overwhelm yourself. Take things step-by-step instead of thinking of solutions all at once. Think of it like a math problem. You can't do step 5 without doing step 1, 2, 3, and 4 yet. Take it easy and relax. This can all be solved and you can succeed.

If she wrote some Zaige or May0 then I'd probably like the stories, but she doesn't.

Hey, you know that saying your parents taught you, how the world doesn't revolve around you? LISTEN TO IT. You can't just FORCE somebody to randomly write something when they don't want to. Everyone has their own ship, and LET THEM DO WHAT THEY WANT WITH THE FICS. They're in charge. You aren't. They write and plan and control the plots and settings. You don't. They write whatever the hell they want to write, AND YOU CAN NEVER FORCE THEM OTHERWISE, UNLESS YOU REQUEST IT. Oh yeah, and she DOESN'T ship Zaige or May0, either-SO DON'T FORCE IT ON HER.

I sent her a few messages a couple months back, but she never replied, so don't worry.

Oh.

Oh.

Oh.

That's it.

Remember those PMs sent that left Sybs depressed earlier?

I'm highly suspecting that whoever hacked onto her account and posted that sent them. And why did she not reply to them?

BECAUSE THEY WERE PROBABLY MORE THREATS.

HACKER, WHOEVER YOU ARE, I HAVE ONE LAST THING TO SAY TO YOU:

You think that Syberian, my friend, is not a good person. But look at yourself.

You hacked into her account, a massive invasion of privacy and personal rights, and posted a message that wasn't funny, but downright harmful and clearly meant to demean her. You failed to do any research whatsoever or even take a while to LOOK at her blog to see that she wasn't just another shipper, another stupid, sadistic, toxic pirate shipper, which is exactly who YOU are.

You immediately contradicted yourself and started insulting Sybs within the first few words, showing that you're a hypocrite. You pulled off a pathetic, desperate attempt to convince me that she was a bad writer-and you probably haven't even done your research on that, either. You have also proven yourself to be like the spoiled child in fiction that EVERYBODY hates, by going "HURR DURR IF SHE DOESN'T WRITE SOMETHING I LIKE SHE'S A BAD PERSON FOR NOT WRITING IT FOR ME, THEREFORE EVERYTHING SHE WRITES IS COMPLETE CRAP WITHOUT ME READING IT MYSELF FIRST." And you've outright shown yourself as a cyberbully by indicating that it was you who sent all the hate PMs recently. You have made one of the worst crimes in writing-ASSUMPTIONS-and that will cause you to fail so many papers, so many theses, because you thought the world is always black and white and therefore YOU'RE THE GOOD GUY, AND SHE ISN'T.

Now, knowing the type of people who publish these crap, they're probably sitting back, laughing at all the angry responses, and occasionally writing deliberately toxic replies to incite more rage or going "HUE HUE HUE", "TEARS ARE DELICIOUS", "LOL". But that's just to mask their own insecurities, to hide the little twinge of pain and hurt they feel when they see all the angry responses. That little twinge is an instinct, what we feel whenever we get insulted personally. But these people? They keep on doing it anyway, not because they have tremendous endurance, not because they're psychos, but because THEY'RE IDIOTS WHO, DESPITE THAT INSTINCT, THAT THEY SHOULD STOP BEFORE THEY CRACK, DIG THEMSELVES A DEEPER HOLE SO THE SOIL CAN FILL THEIR MOUTHS, EVERY ORIFICE, AND CHOKE THEM AND SUFFOCATE THEM AND LET THEM ENDURE THAT STRUGGLING FEELING TO BREATHE, BUT THEY CAN'T, BECAUSE THEY'RE IDIOTS WHO GOT THEMSELVES INTO THAT SITUATION.

Oh yeah, and one last piece of advice.

Throughout fiction, the villains people hate the most are the bullies. There are so, so, many types people are familiar with. The Jerk Jock. The Alpha Bitch. The Playground Tough Guy. The Rich Jackass. The Corrupt Politician. The Insane Admiral. The Amoral CEO. The Racist Douchebag. The Boss. The Abusive Parent. The Misogynist. The Torturer. The Dictator. Audiences always want to jump into the fictional world and beat the shit out of them because from the very moment they open their mouths, we know what's going to come. And as we cheer when they get their long and well-deserved suffering, we reassure themselves that as vile as they were, we can never be that douchebag.

But here's the thing-you're just like them.

Ciao.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.