Ep 1 Waiting Thread - PC/Mac/PS4/PS3/Xbox One/360/iOS/Google/Android Out Now, WiiU Jan 21st,Vita TBA

Comments

• Aaah, I didn't notice that at first, but I noticed her earrings as well (altough men can wear them too). It's kind of hard to tell when they don't talk and when they're blocks. But with the MC models, you can't make female shapes (not realistic anyway). Anyway, sorry it's just that my eyes are playing with me... :D

Flog61 posted: »

It's kinda sad that people know a character's female only when they put makeup on them but anyway.

• Were you not disappointed that there wasn't more women? I thought it didn't matter because 'the people are pixillated blockis' as you commented down below to Arakin.

This is a story-driven Minecraft game, where their sex will obviously change things, such as their voices. Men and women are inherently different. There's no argument to that.

But this a derailer, so let's just cut out now.

Flog61 posted: »

It's minecraft, men and women don't (and shouldn't need to) look that different.

• Another YouTube channel has an interview with Job Stauffer (Telltale's PR Manager) up on YouTube.

Minecraft: Story Mode PAX Interview

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator
    edited September 2015

I found a video interviewing Dennis Lenart (creative director for Story Mode) about Story Mode

enter link description here

Another YouTube channel has an interview with Job Stauffer (Telltale's PR Manager) up on YouTube. Minecraft: Story Mode PAX Interview

• i just saw this, you are quick

Another YouTube channel has an interview with Job Stauffer (Telltale's PR Manager) up on YouTube. Minecraft: Story Mode PAX Interview

• Initially these videos where blocked as i was unsure whether these could be posted due to the amount of footage that was in the videos, i asked if they where allowed to be posted and they where given the all clear.

They do contain video footage from Story Mode that some people might consider spoilers so if you want to be 100% spoiler free i recommend not watching, if you do want to watch there is no in game audio and some parts are cut out so there isn't much that can be spoilt if you don't mind small spoilers.

• This article looks promising:

Minecraft: Story Mode Isn’t Just a Dirty Cash Grab

It really seems like the demo left a positive impression on lots of people. :)

• puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni

That article has some factual errors in that we've actually been working with Mojang on this project since 2013, long before Microsoft entered the picture. But yeah, great to see that lots of people left PAX excited for the season premiere! You guys have done a great job collating all the coverage too. :)

This article looks promising: Minecraft: Story Mode Isn’t Just a Dirty Cash Grab It really seems like the demo left a positive impression on lots of people.

• I would like to apologize on our behalf, being the fans, for being so selfish and too fast to judge. Even though I was excited for this series, I don't like how most people reacted. And they've never apologized really, so I figure someone should. For your efforts take a Doge taco

enter image description here

puzzlebox posted: »

That article has some factual errors in that we've actually been working with Mojang on this project since 2013, long before Microsoft enter

• Welp, just went to see the PEGI rating for the game, and it looks like it was retracted. No explanation as to why.

• Welp, just went to see the PEGI rating for the game, and it looks like it was retracted. No explanation as to why.

• I found a video of someone sharing their opinions of Story Mode after playing the demo and seeing the booth, she gives a good impression of the game and also says all the Telltale staff are really nice.

• edited September 2015

His estimate for the Release date is a little all over the place - When school starts/near Thanksgiving (September - To late November). Hmmm...

• Laura at 05.22 :)

OzzyUK posted: »

Initially these videos where blocked as i was unsure whether these could be posted due to the amount of footage that was in the videos, i as

In my little box/battlestation, probably trying to catch up on tweeting or track down Job for an interview. ;)

Karnedg2013 posted: »

Laura at 05.22

No worries at all, but I do appreciate the good-looking taco. Just not sure whether I should pet it or eat it!

We're definitely used to skeptical initial reactions by now. I still remember the "WTF" reactions to Wolf when we started working on it, and yet now the first comment on anything we do is usually "Wolf season 2 pls". Borderlands was the same, now again with Minecraft... we try not to sweat it too much, we're just heads-down here in our office trying to make cool games for you guys to play. :)

bigdogg0821 posted: »

I would like to apologize on our behalf, being the fans, for being so selfish and too fast to judge. Even though I was excited for this seri

• Don't worry the doge face is actually a tortilla crisp shaped strategically. It took quite a while to make, so just feast on it. Not the Follow your Dreams part though, that is pure metal. Would not eat it.

puzzlebox posted: »

No worries at all, but I do appreciate the good-looking taco. Just not sure whether I should pet it or eat it! We're definitely used to s

• kenjisalkkenjisalk Telltale Alumni

Wow, that was really sweet. Thanks for sharing Ozzy!

OzzyUK posted: »

I found a video of someone sharing their opinions of Story Mode after playing the demo and seeing the booth, she gives a good impression of the game and also says all the Telltale staff are really nice. enter link description here

• Welp, Telltale you won. First you give me amazing voice and now customization? You really have me by the balls here.

• enter image description here

Cough Took you long enough Cough

Welp, Telltale you won. First you give me amazing voice and now customization? You really have me by the balls here.

• Well, let's hope I don't regret this. On the hype train.

dojo32161 posted: »

Cough Took you long enough Cough

• Guess we'll find out. stares off into the distance

Well, let's hope I don't regret this. On the hype train.

• edited September 2015

if this game ends up being good im going to have to go excavating for all the comments to tell everyone i told them so

not jinxing anything tho

Welp, Telltale you won. First you give me amazing voice and now customization? You really have me by the balls here.

• What if it's terrible?

Green613 posted: »

if this game ends up being good im going to have to go excavating for all the comments to tell everyone i told them so not jinxing anything tho

• then im gonna go edit all my posts and pretend i never said anything LMAO

What if it's terrible?

• InGen_Nate_KennyInGen_Nate_Kenny Moderator
    edited September 2015

Maybe it'll be like TWD S2 with all the waiting threads and the dramatic drop in quality from Episode 3 to 5. We have threads about Herobrine and the canon sex of Jesse, people advertising their servers and a crazy thread on how Gabriel is Lee incarnated.

I would watch these forums burn to become king of the ashes.

I'll just be like:

enter image description here

then im gonna go edit all my posts and pretend i never said anything LMAO

• I'm waiting for the threads already.

if this game ends up being good im going to have to go excavating for all the comments to tell everyone i told them so not jinxing anything tho

• Really interested to see how this will turn out be. So far it looks like fun for both adults and younger people. I think I'll go with the female PC, there can't ever be too many great heroines. Would like to hear what she sounds like though, I don't think we have heard her yet right?

• If you want an idea of how Jesse might sound like here's a interview she did on one of her voice acting roles.

Really interested to see how this will turn out be. So far it looks like fun for both adults and younger people. I think I'll go with the fe

• Wait that's Catherine Taber? I had no clue she voiced Padme.

If you want an idea of how Jesse might sound like here's a interview she did on one of her voice acting roles. enter link description here

• edited September 2015

Thanks, I think I tried to google her actress but somehow accidentally picked the wrong name and found nothing, so I just thought that she is not famous and moved on. Should be good with her then, I find male Jesse's voice kinda irritating.

If you want an idea of how Jesse might sound like here's a interview she did on one of her voice acting roles. enter link description here

• I'm pretty sure it's just a placeholder date, though it's odd. Usually they use the last day of the month for placeholders? This one is on the 30th instead of the 31st.

martymf621 posted: »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Telltale-Season/dp/B014P3CMD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441624531&sr=8-1&keywords=minecraft+story+mode+season+disc+xbox+one It seems Minecraft story mode comes out October 30th

• It's also odd cause they're releasing the disc after the season ends, and this isn't a Tuesday.

I'm pretty sure it's just a placeholder date, though it's odd. Usually they use the last day of the month for placeholders? This one is on the 30th instead of the 31st.

• It looks like they are planning on releasing episode 1 on retail disc before the other episodes have released as it says this in the product description.

This disc includes episode one, and grants access to four more episodes as they become available to download (Internet connection required).

I guess they are doing this to make it easier for younger people to access the game if they can't buy in from the Xbox or Playstation store, the Friday release day is likely because that is a Amazon UK listing and retail games are normally released on a Friday in the UK.

It's also odd cause they're releasing the disc after the season ends, and this isn't a Tuesday.

• It's not a placeholder date. A placeholder date is always December 31st 20XX.

I'm pretty sure it's just a placeholder date, though it's odd. Usually they use the last day of the month for placeholders? This one is on the 30th instead of the 31st.

• edited September 2015

Didn't they say that the game would be released digitally a few weeks earlier than the retail release? If that's the case I think we can be expecting the premiere of Story mode definitely somewhere in October.

http://www.amazon.com/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Season-Disc-Xbox/dp/B014XCWXIW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1441567281&sr=8-4&keywords=Minecraft Story Mode&tag=viglink20241-20 In the US the retail version releases October 27th

• That's also the placeholder date for The Walking Dead Season 1+2 retail disc for Wii U.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Telltale-Season/dp/B014P3CMD0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1441624531&sr=8-1&keywords=minecraft+story+mode+season+disc+xbox+one It seems Minecraft story mode comes out October 30th

• It is a good thing we can choose Jesse's voice then.

I refrain from judging Jesse's male voice, since he only has like two or three lines in the trailer.

Thanks, I think I tried to google her actress but somehow accidentally picked the wrong name and found nothing, so I just thought that she is not famous and moved on. Should be good with her then, I find male Jesse's voice kinda irritating.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.