Interactive GoT Fan Fiction: The Invasion

Comments

• Yeeee

The leader of the sorcerer's and lover of Wyllam Belmore. Ursula Upcliff

• [Stay and defend Gulltown]

Stigz_52 posted: »

Chapter 2: The Invasion Wyllam Arrow’s flew passed Wyllam, striking down the men beside him as they all charged towards Gulltown. The

• [Stay and defend Gulltown]

Chapter 2: The Invasion Wyllam Arrow’s flew passed Wyllam, striking down the men beside him as they all charged towards Gulltown. The

• Vote closed! Wyllam will stay and defend Gulltown while King Robar and King Andru's forces work with the sorcerers to overcome the Corbray's. Next part will be on Dormund.

• Dormund

The Frost Keep came into view once Dormund and Ryden had come over the third-last hill. Ryden was a little bit behind Dormund due to his heavy armour. Ryden was wearing his flayed kingsguard armour and Dormund was wearing his travelling gear; mainly consisting of a coat, leather boots and leather gloves which were now adjusted to cover two stumps on the end of his left hand. Dormund’s little stunt at the Dreadfort with Harmond had cost him his last two fingers on his left hand. Ryden sent his destrier to a canter in order to catch up to Dormund’s stallion, who was pacing at a steady walk.

“Do you think it was worth it Ryden? Two fingers in exchange for a strangers swift end?” Ryden’s hair blew in the wind, his deep-blueset eyes staring directly at the stone structure that lay a few miles ahead of them.

“It takes great courage to defy a man with power, especially a king. What you did was noble, but you have suffered unneededly for it. I think you must remember that you are a Bolton, whether you like it or not. This is your family, your father and brothers. I consider myself lucky to have befriended a Bolton who thinks about his actions before making them.” He laughed uncertainly at his mockery, Dormund smiled.

Out of the few friends Dormund had, Ryden was certainly highest on the list. Dormund carressed the stumps on his left hand. Holding a bow correctly will be difficult now. Dormund moved his attention to the cold stone keep that had piles of the ending Winter snow on it.

“How long has it been since you saw your family Ryden?” Dormund observed that the Frost Keep lived up to its name, all ground that was not covered with snow was instead frosted over.

“Two years atleast. I know Jarden left shortly after I did, but whether for the Wall or somewhere else, I do not know.” Ryden had a sad expression on his face, though he quickly shut it away once he realised that Dormund was looking at him.

Dormund could finally make out the banners that hung on the walls of the Keep. The banners showed a dark blue fist holding a frozen sword on a white field. Dormund tried to think back on House Frost’s words. Strong in Winter. Dormund had come to like their words, it showed the hardship of the North, yet the strength of the people.

“It would seem that my lord father has sent his riders to help us seek passage.” Ryden pointed at the Frost Keep, revealing a dozen riders or so heading their way.

There were only a few more steep hills before they were to arrive at the Frost Keep. A small grove stood along the path and over the hill, it contained small oaks and thick bushes. Dormund and Ryden entered the dark grove, small signs of life quickly shuddered away once they were inside. The dry gravel road turned into a muddy path and the sun was now completely blocked out by the thick leaves that formed above them. Dormund heard movement in the distance, a bush moved in an unnatural way. Probably just a squirrel or bird. The path grew narrower and narrower, Dormund led and Ryden followed close behind. Once again the sound of movement disturbed Dormund’s ears, he turned to Ryden who had unsheathed his sword. Dormund rolled his eyes and faced forward, riding a few more metres until he was thrown from his saddle and left winded on the ground. Everything was a blur, the sound of metal clashing against metal was what made Dormund come back to reality. He found Ryden battling three men dressed in pure black. Dormund quickly grabbed his recurve ironwood bow, stringing it as fast as he could. He pulled an arrow from his quiver and fired it at one of the men in black, piercing him in his lower thigh. Not the worst shot I’ve ever done. With that, Dormund heard an unpitched scream on his left side. He turned to see a man in black running at him with a greatsword swinging above his head. With nothing to protect himself with but his bow, he shielded the attack which resulted in the bow breaking in half. The man attempted to strike down Dormund again, though Dormund easily dodged the blow. Dormund pulled out his dagger and stuck it in man’s foot, making him shriek in pain and fall to the ground, he then lodged the dagger into the man’s throat. Dormund heard Ryden scream with pain, his achilles had been sliced open and he was on the ground. Dormund quickly got to his feet and tackled down a man who was about to deal the killing blow. Before Dormund could throw a punch at him he felt a point at the back of his neck.

“Move a muscle, and you’re dead” The voice was high-pitched and improper, though still Northern. Dormund lifted his hands slowly into the air, he could feel the man holding the blade was shaking. Dormund chuckled to himself, allowing the blade to not be pinpointed at the back of his neck.

“You know, my father taught me that fear is a man’s greatest weakness. He was right.” Dormund quickly turned around and disarmed the skinny man who held the short sword to his neck. The man who accompanied him went to strike down Dormund but was interrupted by an arrow piercing him staight through the neck. He fell to the ground, slowly bleeding out. Dormund looked for the archer who had sent the arrow, and found at the end of the path stood a dozen riders carrying House Frost’s sigil. The small man who once held the short sword now attempted to run away but was shot down by four arrows hitting him in the back. The man that Dormund had tackled down earlier was the last opposing man alive, he fell to his knees and clasped his hands together.

“Please m’lord, mercy!” The riders quickly ran to Ryden’s aid, helping him up and carrying him back to their horses. Two riders stood behind Dormund, one who looked only sixteen, the other tall and looked around his late twenties.

“A deserter from the Night’s Watch. What would you have us do with him, my lord?” Dormund looked at the riders, then at the deserter. Dormund still had a shortsword in one hand and his dagger in the other, he focused his attention towards his ironwood bow. Can never trust the Whitehill’s to ever make a good bow.

“Just kill him. He’s a deserter, and we don’t want no Starks or Night’s Watch coming onto our land looking for deserters.” Dormund looked at him, a little surprised and full of anger.

“Have you forgotten who your liege is? I am Dormund Bolton, son of King Rogar Bolton. I will decide the fate of this man without your opinion.” Dormund was enraged, first his fingers and now his bow. I’m no Stark, I do not need to kill him. Though I am a Bolton.

[Let him go] [Execute him] [Flay him alive]

• edited September 2015

Yeeee

Ryden Frost

• [Flay him alive] I don't know, time to go all Bolton :D Btw, were these riders just some soldiers or was other one of them Lord Frost?

Dormund The Frost Keep came into view once Dormund and Ryden had come over the third-last hill. Ryden was a little bit behind Dormund due

• [Execute him]

As much as I'd like for Dormund to be a good guy Bolton, this man is a deserter and tried to kill him. Letting him go is a stupid decision. However, executing him sounds like the middle way here, better than a painful death by flaying, but still a deserved punishment, so I'm going to go with that.

Dormund The Frost Keep came into view once Dormund and Ryden had come over the third-last hill. Ryden was a little bit behind Dormund due

• [Flay him alive]

Letting him go will be stupid, so if he has to die, might as well go all Bolton on him

• edited September 2015

[Execute him]

• [Flay him alive]

• [Flay him alive] Join the dark side!

• edited September 2015

Probably didn't explain that too well. They were just riders/soldiers that were ordered by Lord Frost to collect Dormund and Ryden :P

[Flay him alive] I don't know, time to go all Bolton Btw, were these riders just some soldiers or was other one of them Lord Frost?

• [Flay him alive] Couldn't resist, muahahahahaha.

And then I hate Ramsey...

• edited September 2015

Vote closed, Dormund will flay him alive. Next chapter will introduce a new character/s

Apologies if there were so many 'Vote closed' messages. Did not think it was posting haha.

• edited September 2015

is

• edited September 2015

there

• edited September 2015

a

• edited September 2015

way to delete comments?

• Nalia

The Stark army had set-up camp outside the walls of the Dreadfort. Nalia sat with Kailan and Athena in silence once they had put up their tent. Athena cleaned her shortsword with a dirty old rag, her bronze axe sat in her lap. Athena was an interesting person, her whole body was covered in scars but the most noticable one was down her right eye. Athena’s hair was a black-brown shade and was very short, her eyes were different colours - brown and red - and overall she was very tall. Nalia thought of her as a male when she first saw her, especially with her short temper. Kailan sat with his back resting on a rock, his shield and longsword lay next to him. He held a mug of ale in his right hand and his left arm was tucked behind his head to rest on. He was a bulk of a man. He had short black hair, deep blue eyes and a light stubble. Kailan was nineteen - Athena and Nalia were seventeen - though he looked far older. The silence was becoming unbearable for Nalia.

“This place gives me the creeps, to think of what they did to Harmond.” Athena halted her work and Kailan put down his mug of ale, both showing sad expressions. After a moment that felt like a lifetime, Kailan lifted his mug.

“To Harmond. Once this war is over, I swear by the gods, I will kill whichever Bolton did this to him.” Nalia nodded in silence.

“To Edrick as well, only the gods know where he is…” Athena held a deep and sad expression which made Nalia stand up and walk over to her. They embraced for a while as Kailan slowly sipped away at his ale. Athena pulled away from Nalia, staring at Nalia with wet eyes.

“I think after this war is done, you and I must go for a hunt in the Wolfswood. You can hit anything with your bow and I can-” Her tears cut her off, Nalia embraced her once again. Kailan got up and hugged them both, Nalia had not felt so secure and safe in a long time. The sound of someone clearing their throat ripped the group apart, Nalia turned to see her uncle Brodin standing a few metres from them.

“Nalia, could I grab you for a moment?” Nalia nodded and looked back at Athena who was wiping away tears. Brodin wore his apron still, a hammer was at his belt. They walked along the muddy path and passed more tents belonging to Stark soldiers. Nalia was curious about where they were going, but whenever she asked Brodin she was quickly dismissed. Brodin led her to a small pavillion which held the Stark sigil on the door flap, Brodin pulled the flap open and beckoned for Nalia to enter. Once inside, Nalia saw her father - Steffon Cale - talking to a young man with a bow swung on his back. They stopped once they saw Nalia enter the pavillion, the man stood and nodded at her father.

“I will consider what we have talked about, until then you’d best talk with her.” Steffon nodded and watched him leave. Once he was gone Nalia sat in the seat he once occupied. Her father buried his head in his hands, letting out a long sigh.

“So… Who was that?” Nalia’s curiosity was overwhelming, her heart was beating quickly in her chest.

“Daniel Glenmore, General of the Ranged Formations.” Nalia was shocked, making her father smile at her facial expression.

“You did what? How?” Nalia could not stop the words from coming out of her mouth, endless questions requiring answers. Steffon stayed silent until Nalia quietened down.

“As I was a kingsguard to Theon’s father, I gained a good reputation. Do you know what that reputation was?” Nalia shook her head, her emotions were mixing which caused her eyes to tear up. “Well I was the best archer in the kingsguard, though since my sight has deteriorated, I no longer hold that title. Anyway, I was just telling General Glenmore about how you’re a better archer than I ever was. He is going to consult with the rest of the formation leaders on whether to extend a position to you or not. If you ask me I’d say you’re in, but don’t hold your breath.” Nalia nearly screamed with joy, though her training to become a ‘lady’ years ago had stopped her. She ran up to her father giving him a hug, he caressed her long auborn hair. She had never felt so happy.

-

“Alright Nalia, we are going to test how good your archery skills really are. Lieutenant Holt will release three finches from their cage. You will shoot down all of them in under a minute, understood?” Nalia nodded at the General. Lieutenant Holt stood twenty metres away with a bronze cage in his hands, he was a fit man and had an average height. He had black hair, a scruffy beard and light blue eyes. Nalia knocked an arrow, the Lieutenant opened the cage and the finches flew out in different directions. Nalia let loose the first arrow, grabbing for another before she knew if she had hit the first bird out of the sky. She knelt down to help steady her aim, the two finches were flying close together. If I can align them just right… The finches flew directly next to eachother. Nalia let the arrow fly, it pierced the first bird through the head and the other through it’s body.

“Impressive, I’ve never met some who could do that with finches. It would seem your father was right about you. Raven wishes for you to accompany her to the Wolfswood for a hunt, and as for the tests, you have passed them all.” The General smiled and walked over to the Lieutenant, Nalia noticed Raven looking at her. Raven beckoned for Nalia to follow, they headed towards the stables. Raven was a beautiful figure, she was tall and had beautiful brown eyes. Her long dark brown hair was kept in a pony tail most of the time. Nalia followed her to the stables, but when she entered she saw no one. There was no horse and no Raven, only darkness.

“You’re good, but can you fight something you cannot see?” Raven’s voice seemed to be all around her, though she could not see her. Nalia unsheathed her longsword, ready to parry an attack. Raven appeared out of the darkness, two daggers in hand. She quickly disarmed Nalia and knocked her to the ground, she hovered over her. “It is fortunate we want you in our team for your archery and not your sword play.” She smiled and helped her up, Nalia being a bit confused in the process. Raven held Nalia a bit too close, making Nalia feel a little uncomfortable.

“I-uh, should probably get back to camp. I’m sure my friends are curious of my whereabouts.” Raven instantly let go, turning and heading for the door. She stopped at the door and turned to Nalia.

“Simon Holt and myself have been ordered to handpick the Bolton’s best archers. I would be really happy to have you come along, unless of course you don’t want to join us. Let Daniel know by morning, we will leave by midday for the Dreadfort.” She left without waiting for a reply. Nalia was unsure about the Bolton’s, and she knew if she joined the formation she would be leaving Kailan and Athena behind. Yet, she felt like she belonged in the Ranged Formation.

[Join the Ranged Formation] [Stay in the infantry with Kailan & Athena]

• [Join the Ranged Formation] There no sense in leaving that sort of archery ablilities to waste in meele infantry, so i think that will be clear choice.

Nalia The Stark army had set-up camp outside the walls of the Dreadfort. Nalia sat with Kailan and Athena in silence once they had put up

• edited September 2015

[Join the Ranged Formation] she seem very good with a bow so why not

Nalia The Stark army had set-up camp outside the walls of the Dreadfort. Nalia sat with Kailan and Athena in silence once they had put up

• [join the ranged formation] a great chapter!!! Sorry if I missed some of the chapters as I was busy doing stuff.

• [Join the Ranged Formation]

It seems she will be more useful there. However, I also have a bad feeling, considering that the ranged formation will involve Bolton archers.

• edited September 2015

[Join the Ranged Formation]

• edited September 2015

[Join the Ranged Formation]

• Right well this one was an easy decision. Vote Closed! Nalia will abandon her friends and join the Ranged Formation. Next part will focus on Davios but it might be a day or two till its release simply because I need to fit in study.

• Nalia and Raven... I ship it

• edited September 2015

Yeeee

Raven

PS, sorry it is so small... :/

• Torv

Torv could see nothing with the woven bag over his head, though he could feel the painful bump on his forehead from where he had been knocked unconscious. His surrender had not been as peaceful as he had wished, Edrick was treated fairly, though Torv was concussed and thrown onto the back of a horse. It was three days until Torv’s vision was granted back to him, he looked around and saw a castle on a floating island which was slowling moving down a steady stream. Torv hands were bound and held by a man riding a horse infront of him. He had long greasy hair which was dark blonde, matching the colour of his side whiskers. He was wearing a green tunic coated with lizard-lion scales for chest armor, boiled leather was everywhere else. The same man who I held hostage in attempt to free Edrick. Torv lifted his hand to touch the bump on his forehead, though he obviously tugged the rope more than he though as he got an almighty response which threw him face-first into the mud. After a moment, Torv tried to get up but was intercepted by the point of a spear holding him down. Torv looked up to see his opposer, in the lizard-lion armor, was hovering above him.

“Why are you acting like this all of a sudden, Rolland? I’ve never seen this side of you.” Torv felt the spear lift off of his back suddenly.

“The boy was going to kill me the other day. Do you expect me to be kind and generous to someone like that Emma? He’s just a simpleminded squire, I don’t understand why we didn’t just kill him on that road.” Emma Snow rolled her eyes, she sat at the front of an open wagon, Edrick lay in the back, grunting and in agony.

“You know exactly why, your father would disapprove if we killed a man without reason. Goodness me, it shouldn’t have to be a bastard girl that points that out to highborn.” Rolland stood embarrassed and quickly retreated back to his horse. Torv got up and wiped the mud off of his face, the Barrow soldiers signaled someone on the floating castle which resulted in the draw bridge being lowered so they may cross.

“Come on, we’d best not keep your father waiting.” Emma Snow gave a mocking smile, leaving Rolland let out a long sigh. He gave a tug on Torv’s rope which forced him to move, he did not wish to plant his face back in the mud so he moved. Torv looked at the banners that were hung over the side of the castles’ walls, and then back at Rolland. A lion-lizard, he must be a Reed.

-

The throneroom was small compared to the Dreadfort, stairs led up to the throne which overlooked the whole room. Along those stairs were more seats, ascending down to the bottom. A small council manned the seats, Emma Snow sat on one. Torv was placed directly forwand and under the throne, making him feel tiny compared to the lord sitting on the throne. Rolland stood next to his father with another man also dressed in dark green. Lord Reed cleared his throated.

“You have been brought here by my goodwill before you are to be decided on whether you will be executed or spared. You will answer each question I ask you with the truth, will you swear by the gods to do so.” Torv scratched his head in confusion, he was a little nervous.

“Uh, yes m’lord.” Lord Reed nodded in approval.

“We’ll stark basic, what is your name and where are you from?” Lord Reed clasped his hands together and leant forward, his face was expresionless.

“My name is Torv, and I live in the Dreadfort with my master. Well actually I don’t now, but I was raised-” Torv was cut off by Lord Reed’s disapproving stare. Torv shuddered, the Bolton’s were frightening but this lord was something different.

“Why were you destroying the property of the gods, master Torv?” Torv scratched his head in confusion. Master Torv? And what property?

“The wierwood tree, why did you brake off its branches.” Rolland Reed said, growing impatient.

“Oh! Yes, I was making a fire and that was the only tree around. No one ever mentioned it belonged to the gods, m’lord. Anyway, I was making a fire while Edrick was telling me about his artifact in Winterfell that we needed to collect, for some reason.” Lord Reed’s face boiled red, his calm temper was no more.

“Nonsense! I am growing sick of your little games, Tov. Guards fetch my sword and let’s get this overwith.” Torv stood, processing what he had just heard. Panic hit, Torv’s heart started beating faster and faster, sweat built up around his forehead.

“Delay that order, I wish to hear more.” Emma Snow stood as she spoke, Lord Reed hesitated but seemed to obey to Torv’s surprise. Emma Snow walked down to Torv’s level and paced around him. She wore leather armor and coal-black hair which was clearly cut short. Her deep blue eyes and beautiful voice were her best feature.

“Tell me more about this artifact, how does Edrick know about it?” Torv stood daydreaming for a moment before snapping out of it. He blinked a couple of times and cleared his throat before answering.

“Well m’lady, he said he was the bastard son of King Dustin. He said the artifact holds mystical powers.” Emma sighed, looking back towards Lord Reed who had his head buried in his hands.

“This has confirmed my suspicions. My lord, we must take Edrick to Barrowton at once, and we must also retrieve the Weeping Stone.” Everyone in the room gasped, all shocked. Torv stood observing Emma’s feature while she tried to convince the lord to side with her.

“The answer is no, Miss Snow! The few Barrow soldiers that accompanied you will help you take Edrick to Barrowton, and as for storming Winterfell, the Reed’s will have no part in it!” Before Emma could respond, Rolland interrupted.

“I will go to Winterfell.” Lord Reed’s jaw dropped, even the man in the green tunic looked surprised by this. Lord Reed was quick to disagree.

“You’re my son, you will stay here where you belong. Besides, you don’t even know where the Weeping Stone is in Winterfell! I will not wage war on the Starks when we already are fighting these Andal bastards off our land.” The lord was breathing heavily, he was almost steaming.

“Nevertheless father, I will go. I will search all of Winterfell until I find where it is, if the Stark’s kill me, well I guess it’s a good thing I’m not the firstborn son.” Now was Torv’s time to shine. I can tell them it is in the crypts, but what will I get out of it? How do I even know if they’re trying to help us?

[Tell Lord Reed - accompany Rolland] [Say nothing - accompany Emma]

• [Tell Lord Reed - accompany Rolland]

Torv Torv could see nothing with the woven bag over his head, though he could feel the painful bump on his forehead from where he had bee

• [Say nothing - accompany Emma]

Torv Torv could see nothing with the woven bag over his head, though he could feel the painful bump on his forehead from where he had bee

• [Say nothing - accompany Emma]

Magicmel13 posted: »

[Tell Lord Reed - accompany Rolland]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.