Interactive GoT Fan Fiction: The Invasion

Comments

• [Take Paytan]

Stigz_52 posted: »

Jarden Jarden rode along side Paytan Hunter, one of Robar’s kingsguard. King Robar and his two other guards, Drevyn Moore and Marsh Coldw

• [Take Paytan]

For me, a skilled archer sounds the most useful out of these three.

Jarden Jarden rode along side Paytan Hunter, one of Robar’s kingsguard. King Robar and his two other guards, Drevyn Moore and Marsh Coldw

• edited September 2015

Yeeee

Samira

PS: Not sure how it looks here so just look at her on my imgur if there are any problems :)

• Vote closed! Jarden and Cedrick will take Paytan with them to Strong Song.

• Ted

The men in Storm’s End prepared for war, paying no attention to Ted, who sat in the darkness sharpening his longsword. Three days Ted had been here, and three days someone had been following him. Ted could not tell for sure who it was, but he knew somone was there, someone was always there. Ted stood himself up and began to walk, no particular destination, but lingering around in one spot was too dangerous in Ted’s opinion. Storm’s End was a magnificent castle, its walls stood a hundred feet high and roughly sixty feet wide, being wider and thinner on different sides of the castle. Legend goes that castle is protecting by spells woven into the very stones that make up the walls of Storm’s End. Though Ted had no interest in legends, only survival. Ted once again felt like he was being followed, her turned around to see only a few fishermen and some salesmen. Ted continued on, a tavern stood infront of him. The thundering drunk. Ted approached the tavern, it was a small stone establishment, housing the parading drunks and worried soldiers who thought they could find courage at the bottom of their cups. Ted entered the tavern, finding that the inside was far more lush than the outside. Ted walked to the counter, a small balding man stood as bartender.

“Can I help ye, boy?” Ted took a seat, inspecting his surroundings. The only thing Ted was suspicious about was a dark hooded figure who sat alone in the very corner of the tavern. The bartender eyed Ted suspiciously, making him feel uneasy.

“Uh, just a water will do.” The bartender snorted and spat to his side.

“If you want water, there is a body of sea right outside the castle. I’m sure you can bathe yourself all you want in that.” The bartender laughed, but Ted took no notice of it. Ted had given away drinking ever since what he had done, it dulled his senses, which right now was not a good thing. Surely one won’t hurt.

“Fine, what’ve you got?” The bartender once against snorted, this time not spitting.

“Well we’ve got ale, ale and ale. Take your pick.” Ted sighed, he searched his pockets for some coins. Nothing, shit.

“Well if you can’t pay, then move along. Others are waiting.” The bartender spat, Ted felt turned off from the man’s attitude anyway.

Ted stood up, and started his way for the door. Before getting there, he felt someone grab his arm. Ted’s reflexes engaged before thought, he elbowed the accuser and threw him to the ground. The hooded man lay on the ground mortally injured, a dagger was clenched in his hand. Ted looked up to see the whole tavern had stopped what they were doing and stared at Ted. The bartender was the first to speak.

“Alright, he’s had his fun. Get him out of here!” Some off-duty guards stood from their table and walked towards Ted, clearly they had had too much to drink. Ted unsheathed his sword and pointed it towards them.

“Get back, I’m warning you.” The guards instantly snapped out of their relaxed state, unsheathing their swords and collecting their senses. They slowly closed in around, forcing him towards a corner. Ted readied himself to strike at the first guard, but suddenly felt a sharp pain at the back of his head. Darkness clouded Ted’s vision and he fell to the ground.

-

The sun was rising when Ted regained consciousness. Ted’s head felt horrible, reminding him of his first hangover. Ted checked his surroundings, he was moving atop the outer wall of Storm’s End. The view of the Narrow Sea was beautiful from Ted’s position, though that still did not answer why he was moving. Ted looked up to see two guards pulling Ted by the shoulders, they were making their way to a bunch of people standing by the edge of the wall. They must be mad, only one slip and they’ll fall a hundred and fifty feet straight down onto a reef. Infront of the men on the edge stood a muscular man who had clearly added some weight. He wore a crown in the shape of a stag’s antlers, and next to him stood his guard. Ted now understood what was happening, it was an execution block. A ‘final moment to confess’ before they plunge to their deaths. Ted tried to break free, but it was no use, the grip of his captors outnumbered him by two to one. They released him in front of the king.

“Your grace, we have brought you another prisoner. Started up a fight in ‘the thundering drunk’ your grace.” The king chuckled to himself, then went serious.

“Very well, place him next to the others.” The men grabbed Ted and put him next to three other men.

One short and gaunt, another muscular and bald, and the last was fat and wore his hair in a pony tail. One by one, the king questioned them and heard out their stories. He was the final judge to whether the men lived or died. Finally, Ted was the final man standing.

“What’s your name, boy?” Ted was reluctant at first, he had kept most of his life a secret but what was the point now.

“Teddy Estermont, your grace.” The king was taken back by the name, likely recognising that the Estermont’s were his bannermen.

“And what is your story, Young Ted?” Ted sighed, he had no choice but to talk. It was his life on the line, and perhaps he could convince the king to spare him.”

“When I was eighteen, I was framed for murdering the late Lord Estermont. Rather than being executed, which may I say my family were very eager to have happen, I fled to the Wall. I stayed there for two years, becoming a steward and squire for the First Ranger there. I would have stayed, but a bunch of rangers did not particularly like me. After months of being beaten in empty halls and quiet corridors, I came to the conclusion that either they had to die, or I did. I will say now, your grace, I was not ready to die. So I killed them, and fled the honorable Night’s Watch. Ever since I have been watching my back and just escaping their grasp. I managed to lead them on a false trail to Essos, but I never believed I was safe. I’ve survived for a little over a year now.” Ted did not really know how to end his story, it was difficult to put an ending to something that was not finished.

The king’s face showed pity and remorse for Ted, which both worried him and filled him with hope. The king stood up and looked Ted directly in the eyes.

“You seem to valuable to kill, despite the fact that you are a deserter of the Watch. I will allow you to live, no doubt the gods will take your life sooner or later. Though my mercy comes at a price, you are now to join my army.” Ted was unsure of whether to feel better or worse, part of him wished they would have just thrown him of the wall.

“Though, I will grant you this. You are a strong willed man, we need your kind on the frontlines when I conquer Massey’s hook. Though I can understand that you may want to stay here and guard Storm’s End. The Andal’s are slowly spreading, if it weren’t for my grandfather to have started this war against the Massey’s, I’d do all I could to prepare Storm’s End for war.” The king walked up to Ted, stopping directly in front of him.

“Though if you do stay here, I will need someone to rally my bannermen. Just know that you would earn my respect if you took this task upon yourself.” The king stared out to the sea, Ted had to decide what he was to do, and he needed to decide now.

[Join the king in conquering Massey’s hook] [Stay at Storm’s End] [Rally his bannermen]

• [Rally his bannermen]

Ted The men in Storm’s End prepared for war, paying no attention to Ted, who sat in the darkness sharpening his longsword. Three days Te

• [Rally his bannermen]

Ah, the Storm King. As much as I'd love for my partial namesake Ted to join him in his conquest, rallying the bannermen sounds just as interesting. And I'm totally not only choosing this because the Caron's are part of these bannermen, I swear :D

Ted The men in Storm’s End prepared for war, paying no attention to Ted, who sat in the darkness sharpening his longsword. Three days Te

• Here she is without head, on imgur luckily she have one :-))) Looks very nice!

Samira PS: Not sure how it looks here so just look at her on my imgur if there are any problems

• edited September 2015

[Rally his bannermen]

• [Rally his bannermen]

• [Rally his bannermen]

• [Rally his bannermen]

• [Rally his bannermen]

• [Join the king in conquering Massey’s hook] I know this option doesn't win, but I'd like to see more of the Storm King.

• Haha, I'll find a way to bring you more action from the king :)

[Join the king in conquering Massey’s hook] I know this option doesn't win, but I'd like to see more of the Storm King.

• [Rally his bannermen]

• [Rally his bannermen] , Sorry for not being there for the votes . I was busy with school and all .. :D

• All good bud, glad to have you back! :D

[Rally his bannermen] , Sorry for not being there for the votes . I was busy with school and all ..

• Torv

“So… Did I really look that bad in my tunic? You know, my grandmother made it for me before she disappeared.” Torv rode next to Rolland, who seemed to not be enjoying the ride as much as Torv.

“That’s not the reason I gave you new gear, Torv. We’re riding through enemy lands and taking back what belongs to us. We may run into some opposition on the way.” Torv looked down at his new gear. He wore lizard lion leather for a vest, with a light green undercoat and boiled leather leggings, boots and gloves.

“What’s opposition mean?” Rolland pulled his horse to a halt and looked Torv in the eye.

“You really are simple, aren’t you? ‘Bad guys’ is what opposition means.” Rolland’s voice turned from mockery to pity. Rolland pushed his horse into a canter, leaving Torv behind to his thoughts.

Why is he so mean to me. What did I ever do to him! Torv thought back to how he may have annoyed the man so much. Oh right, the dagger… Torv pushed his mule to its limits, resulting in him being bucked off. The mule rode off into the thick bush of the Wolfswood. Torv was left winded and wincing on the ground, desperately trying to breathe. Rolland hovered over him and helped him up.

“You really can’t do anything right, can you Torv. Why did you even come along with me?” Torv slowly let small gulps of air back into his lungs. Rolland helped Torv onto his horse and they rode in silence. Torv could not stand not being able to do anything, so he spoke up.

“To answer your question before, I wanted to prove my worth. And I’m not stupid.” Rolland stared straight ahead.

“You have proved your worth Torv, you just lost your way of transport. Hell, I bet you’ve never killed a man before, or held a sword.” The day grew darker, though everything was dark in the wolfswood.

“Then teach me! I’m not here to entertain you with my ‘stupidity.’ I came here to help!” Rolland stopped his horse.

“Off, now.” Torv hesitated, but did as he said. Rolland dismounted and tied his horse to a nearby oak. He pulled out two short bronze swords from under his horse's saddle. He unsheathed the weapons and threw one to Torv, to which he was caught off guard and fell to the ground when the sword hit him.

“Focus! Now get up and wield your sword.” Torv followed the man’s orders. It was the one thing Torv considered he was good at.

“Now, try to hit me.” Torv observed Rolland, who held his shortsword close with two hands.

Torv shut his eyes and charged at Rolland. He smacked face first into a tree.

“Eyes open, idiot! Sorry, perhaps you don’t understand that word. How about ijit?” Anger grew inside Torv. He lunged at Rolland, who easily dodged his attempt and tripped Torv over. Torv grabbed his blade and tried to get up, though felt the cold sharp bronze touch the side of his neck. He froze.

“Anger will get you killed, control your emotions. If you run into battle with your mind clouded, you will die. Get up.” Torv calmed himself, and slowly got up. He readied his shortsword for another attack.

“Again!” Torv swung his blade directly at Rolland’s chest, to which he parried and quickly moved behind him. Rolland swung at Torv’s chest, to which Torv instantly jumped back. Rolland smirked and pushed another attack against him, this time aiming for his head. Torv ducked and Rolland’s sword planted itself into the oakwood behind Torv. As he tried to pull his blade out, Torv snuck up behind Rolland and placed his sword to his back. Rolland turned and raised his hands.

“Good, very good. You glide well in that gear.” Torv lowered his blade, feeling happy with his achievement. At that moment, Rolland speartacked Torv to the ground, pinned his arms and placed a dagger against Torv’s throat. It was the same dagger Torv had used against Rolland.

“Never let your guard down, if your opponent fights with no honor, do not hesitate to kill him. As he will likely kill you. Remember what opponent means?” Rolland released Torv and walked over to collect his shortsword.

“Yes, bad guy.” Rolland turned and smiled.

“Good, now go collect some kindling. We will set camp here.

-

The fire was small, Rolland had made sure of that as they did not want to draw any ‘unwanted attention. They ate away at some roasted rabbit, which Rolland had collected when he went hunting.

“So Torv, anyone special in your life? Might as well tell me, this may be the last few days we are alive.” Torv shuddered at the thought.

“My grandmother was the last bit of family I had before she disappeared, she always hated the Bolton’s morals, and then she left. I never knew why, but I guess she was special to me.” Rolland let out an unsure laugh. The answer to him was obvious, though that was not the reason he laughed.

“Not what I meant. I mean do you have a love back at the Dreadfort.” Torv quickly shook his head.

“No, master forbid me from talking to girls. Plus all of them were mean to me anyway.” Rolland sighed.

“What happened to this master of yours? Did you escape with Edrick when he slept? Or perhaps Edrick got his revenge.” Rolland grinned, he held great respect for Edrick.

“Actually, I killed him. Master Dint asked me to help flay Edrick. I did not want to, I did not like my master.” Rolland was surprised and shocked at the same time.

“Wow, that’s… I’m sorry for doubting you Torv.” Torv only nodded, he was not proud of what he had done.

“Well, moving on. I may as well tell you who my love is. If one of us leaves alive then at least one of us can tell her.” Torv showed little interest in love, his master had always explained to him that it was a distraction from duty.

“...She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen, but I can’t be with her. Hell I’d throw away my name and title just to be with her.” Torv snapped out of his altered state and looked at Rolland.

“Sorry, who is it you are talking about?” Rolland gave Torv and sharp and cold look, showing his disappointment.

“Emma Snow.” Torv agreed with Rolland on one thing, she is the most beautiful thing. Torv had to admit to himself that she had worked her charm onto him as well.

“I’ve known her since I was a child, I just wish her father would legitimise her so we could one day marry. Though I guess I don’t even know if she loves me, and my father has ‘better plans.’ Torv watched the twenty-two year old man cry quietly. Torv stood up and placed his hand on his shoulder.

“Time we got some rest, as you said, we have a big day tomorrow.”

-

Torv and Rolland slowly rode out of the Wolfswood early in the morning, using the darkness to their advantage. They quietly rode through Hunter’s Gate, which sat directly in front of the Wolfswood. Well that’s the first hard part done. There were only a few markets open at this time of hour. Hunters traded their goods to the meat markets, others slowly prepared everything on their stalls so it was ready for customers. Torv dismounted Rolland’s horse and quickly hid behind an empty stall, as part of the plan. Rolland directed his horse into an abandoned stable and left it there. He exited the stable, his short sword on his belt and his spear in hand. Torv was finally allowed to carry his own shortsword.

“Alright, you know the plan. Let’s find this crypt, grab the rune and get out of here. Try to limit the casualties, but don’t hesitate to kill if your life's in danger. Any questions?” Torv shook his head.

Rolland led Torv behind some markets and through tight alleyways. Occasionally stopping when a collection of guards ran passed. Torv and Rolland came across a road, though before they crossed, Rolland stopped.

“Why are we stopping?” Rolland turned and placed his gloved hand over Torv’s mouth, keeping him quiet as a result. They listened to the sound of footsteps, dozens of footsteps. Rolland and Torv observed the road to see a shady black figure running with a bag, soldiers chasing after the figure.

“I wonder what that’s about.” Rolland shrugged.

“Come on, we have to keep moving.” They crossed the road and moved through some more alleyways. As they were crossing another road, the same shady figure collided into Torv, its head cover being removed to reveal a beautiful woman with icy blue eyes. Her light brown hair was long and tied into a bun. As she collided into Torv, she dropped her bag which revealed the Weeping Stone. The stone!

“Torv, we’ve got company!” Rolland readied his spear.

“Rolland, it’s the stone!” As Rolland turned, the thief got up and grabbed the stone. Before the could escape Torv grabbed her left hand, he observed that there was a small scar on the top of her hand. She turned and kicked Torv in the groin, making him fall to his knees in pain. She quickly turned and ran.

“Torv, chase her! I’ll keep these boys occupied!” Torv turned to see five or six Stark soldiers running towards them. He doesn’t stand a chance! Torv stood, unsure of what to do.

“That’s an order Torv!” Torv turned, the girl was still running down the long road. The soldiers were getting closer and closer. What do I do, what do I do!?

[Chase after the thief] [Stay and help Rolland]

• [Chase after the thief]

Torv “So… Did I really look that bad in my tunic? You know, my grandmother made it for me before she disappeared.” Torv rode next to Roll

Torv “So… Did I really look that bad in my tunic? You know, my grandmother made it for me before she disappeared.” Torv rode next to Roll

I don't think there is much Torv can do against half a dozen soldiers. He never appeared to me as a skilled fighter, so in the worst case he and Rolland will both die if they try to fight back. With a bit of luck however, he might be able to catch the thief and then he could use the Weeping Stone to bargain with the Starks and potentially safe Rolland's life as well.

• Well you guys made it quite clear what you wanted so vote closed! Torv will leave Rolland and chase after the thief

• Nalia

Nalia sat among the Ranged Formation at their camp. Raven sat beside Nalia,sharpening her daggers. Rechar Greenwood and his two friends sat opposite them, laughing over matters that only Bolton’s could find amusing. Nalia began stringing her bow.

“When do you think Daniel and Simon will get back?” Nalia and Raven had been mostly silent.

“I’ve known them a long time, though never have they hunted this late in the morning.” Nalia sighed, worry began to build up inside of her. Rechar and his friends went silent as they overheard Nalia and Raven.

“Well if you ask me, I’d say they found our work of art!” Rechar and his friends laughed. Nalia felt disgusted and Raven just rolled her eyes.

“You boys call that art? How about I show you my taste of art.” Raven stood and walked over to Rechar, who held a mocking tone to his voice.

“Oh, I’m shaking in my boots! Someone, please help me!” The boys laughed among themselves. Raven unsheathed her daggers but before she could strike she was restrained by Nalia. This time the boys went quiet.

“Enough Raven!” The sound of Daniel Glenmore’s thundering voice made all of the tension dissipate. Raven broke free of Nalia’s grip and stared Daniel in the eyes, Simon Holt stood next to him with a bag over his shoulder.

“We’ll see you later girls.” Rechar and his friends got up and walked off, laughing as they did. Nalia had to restrain Raven once again. Once she had calmed herself down, Nalia released her.

“Where the bloody hell have you two been! We were worried.” Simon sighed and sat down next to the fire. Daniel remained standing.

“Our little hunt had a turn of events. We came across a Stark soldier with half a dozen arrows in him, he was still alive. We tried to ask him some questions before putting him out of his misery, all he managed to say was that he was not a spy.” Raven spat.

“Damn Bolton’s! I swear, once this is all over-” Raven was interrupted by Daniel.

“You will do what? Kill them? This war is costly, and this alliance is unstable enough as it is. Besides, that isn’t even the worst of it. The reason we were so late to return is that we saw at least three dozen warships coming over the horizon. The Andal’s will be here by sundown.” Simon pulled out some pheasants from his bag and put them over the fire.

“Aye, if there is anyone you’d wish to spend your final hours with, now is the time. Who knows whether you will see them again.” Nalia shuddered at the thought, Raven’s anger seemed to turn into fear, though she was quick to hide it.

“Simon is right, now is the time. If you will excuse me, I have a meeting with General Cerwyn and King Theon.” Daniel gave a respectful bow before leaving. Nalia and Raven nodded in return. Silence and the sound of crackling remained in the campsite for a short moment.

“Well don’t wait for me to tell you, get going!” Simon silently chuckled to himself, Nalia and Raven quickly walked off.

Nalia and Raven left their isolated camp and made way for the Secondary Infantry Battalion camp. I ought to see my father and uncle, but I want to see my friends as well. The two walked passed Stark and Bolton soldiers who were either fighting, conversing or just trying to drown away their sorrows with alcohol. Nalia and Raven approached the tent that Nalia, Athena and Kailan had put up. The two of them entered, and to their surprise, found it empty.

“I guess they must be at the training grounds, come on.” As Nalia was about to leave, she felt Raven’s cold hand latch onto her forearm. Nalia turned to see the once fierce woman, now a teary young girl.

“Nalia, I have no one. My mother and father are dead, I’m completely alone. Don’t leave me.” Raven released Nalia and fell to her knees, burying her head in her hands to weep. Nalia knelt down and hugged her.

“It’s okay, I’m here.” The two cuddled for a moment that they could have wished lasted a lifetime. Raven slowly looked up, seeming uncertain and shamed.

“What’s wrong?” Raven looked away, but Nalia was not going to let her escape so easily.

“I… I want to try it, Nalia. I love you, and this may be the only time we have the chance.” Nalia was taken back, beginning to feel homophobic.

“Raven, You’re five years older than myself…” Raven shook her head, displeased with Nalia’s answer.

“What’s it matter! I love you, and you clearly feel similarly about me.” It was true, Nalia had felt something. Though whether it was love or not, she was unsure.

Before Nalia could say anything, Raven climbed over her and began to kiss her. Nalia was stunned and paralysed, Raven pulled back. Though to Nalia’s surprise, she did not want Raven to stop, though she had always thought it was wrong.

“Stay with me, Nalia. Don’t leave me alone like everyone else.” The look Raven gave to Nalia made her feel a sense of guilt. She wished to see her friends and family, though she could not live with herself if she left Raven like this.

[Stay with Raven] [Find Athena and Kailan] [Find Steffon and Brodin]

• Ouh, that's the tough choice, but i think she should go [Find Athena and Kailan]. Besides, Raven can go with her, this is really not problem IMO

Nalia Nalia sat among the Ranged Formation at their camp. Raven sat beside Nalia,sharpening her daggers. Rechar Greenwood and his two fri

• edited September 2015

[Find Athena and Kailan]

Looks like Nalia just got Mosby'd. Very smooth, Raven, very smooth XD

Anyway, there is no way Nalia can get out of that one without making things awkward between them. For me, it does not looks like she is reciprocating Raven's feelings, or at the very least does not feel as strongly as Raven does. I also don't have the feeling that Nalia truly loves Raven back and would only stay out of pity, so it would be unfair to lead her on by staying with her. Besides, my paranoia kicked in when Athena's and Kailan's tent was empty and considering that they have been with Alara and encountered these Bolton psychopaths the last time we saw them, I want to make sure that they and Alara are safe.

Nalia Nalia sat among the Ranged Formation at their camp. Raven sat beside Nalia,sharpening her daggers. Rechar Greenwood and his two fri

• [Stay with Raven]
    I still ship it! Mabye they can go together and find them?

• [Find Athena and Kailan]

• [Find Athena and Kailan] another great chapter!!!

• Alright, vote closed. Nalia will leave Raven and find Athena and Kailan

• edited September 2015

Wyllam

King Andru walked with Wyllam and the rest of Gulltown. A handful of Shett and Royce guards, around fifty to be precise, were still alive from the attack. The group moved at a slow pace from injury and shock. There had been complete silence on the march for Runestone.

“King Andru, what was that thing?” Andru remained silent, no one knew what it was. Gulltown was demolished and its people slaughtered by what everyone could only call ‘The Shade.’

“I don’t know. Never in my life have I seen such power.” Wyllam thought back to the day ‘The Shade’ attacked the city. It sent shivers down his spine.

“Quit fantasising Andru, we need to find a way to stop it! Or at least protect ourselves from it.” Andru stopped and grabbed Wyllam’s shirt, pulling him in close.

“If I could stop it, I would. Half my people are dead, the other half wounded. And what about you! Was it not you, who was supposed to help guard my city against any harm?!” Wyllam shoved Andru off of him, keeping down his anger at the same time.

“You can’t blame us, we tried to fight it! It sucked our men into it and that was it! You saw it just as well as I did.” Andru shook his head in anger and disbelief.

“I told Robar to leave the sorcerers here, they could have stopped it!” Before Wyllam thought of a quick comeback, something dawned on him which hadn’t before.

“You wanted the sorcerers, though you never said why. Unless of course you knew of this ‘shade’ and were just too craven to speak up about it.” Anger boiled up on Andru’s face, he quickly stormed off as a consequence. Wyllam chased after him.

“Andru, please. Tell me what you know.” Wyllam grabbed Andru by the shoulder to stop him, but instead just angered Andru further. He stopped all the same.

“Okay! Yes I knew, I had heard the alleged rumors! The Andal opposition had been trying to get something called the ‘Weeping Stone’ in order to fight this mystical foe. I thought nothing of it, assuming it was just a legend from their false faith, though clearly I was mistaken.” The anger in Andru reduced to such that he fell to the ground and wept. Wyllam felt a touch of empathy for the man, yet disappointment that he was not informed nonetheless.

“So where is this stone that they all talk about.” Wyllam knelt down next to Andru.

The sound of screams and terror interrupted Andru’s attempt to answer. Wyllam turned to see the people of Gulltown running towards them, even the soldiers and guards.

“It’s back! It’s back!” Andru got up and started running. Wyllam ran in the opposite direction, towards the mayhem and chaos. Then he saw it, an inky darkness swept up those who could not run fast enough. Wyllam looked around for a place he could lead the people to safety. He spotted a cave on a small mountain.

“EVERYONE, FOLLOW ME!” Wyllam started for the cave, waving his hands above his head like a lunatic.

Soldiers and citizens alike began to follow Wyllam, running as fast as they could. Those who tripped or who were too slow were left behind, it was every man for himself. Wyllam scrambled up the giant rocks and small boulders until he reached the cave. Once he had reached the cave he turned back to see where ‘The Shade’ was. King Andru’s party had stopped and made a shieldwall while others kept running. ‘The Shade’ moved closer and closer to King Andru and his soldiers, devouring everything in its path. Wyllam watched the black cloud engulf the small battalion. Wyllam turned to help women, children and men into the cave, he noticed other soldiers following his examples and trying to keep the crowd calm.

“COME ON! EVERYONE IN NOW!” The panic suddenly left the people as they received their orders. Everyone flooded into the cave, Wyllam was the last man outside. He looked back down to where King Andru and his party had once been, all that remained now was bronze swords and armor. Wyllam quickly turned and ran into the cave.

“Everyone, stay quiet!” With any luck, Wyllam hoped that ‘The Shade’ would think it had killed everything.

Everyone sat down and whispered, though never rose their voice. Wyllam stared into the darkness of the cave, listening to the distant screams of the final victims.

-

Wyllam awoke to the sound of drawn bows and swords being unsheathed. He got up to see the remaining Shett and Royce soldiers standing with their swords drawn. Wyllam turned his attention to the mouth of the cave, to where he saw a group of thirty archers standing with their bows ready to rain down on everyone in the cave. Wyllam stood up and walked over to his allies.

“Put your weapons down, we stand no chance against them.” The five remaining men lowered their weapons, though kept steady eye contact with the opposition. Wyllam walked ahead of them until he had place himself in the empty space between their forces and the opposing forces.

“There are women and children in here. Please lower your bows, we surrender.” A man from the opposition descended down the cave until he stood in front of Wyllam. He was a tall man, muscular and tanned. His eyes were blue and his hair was blonde, though mostly shaved.

“My name is Marvion Corbray, and I accept your surrender.”

No decision this time. :(

Sorry for such a short and crappy part, it was hard to write as my motivation for Wyllam has slowly been deteriorating. The next three or four parts will be starring the Battle of the Weeping Water. Stay tuned :)

• Dormund

A full garrison of Frost and Locke men followed Dormund down the Sheepshead hills. Dormund was accompanied by Lord Eddon Frost and Lord Adam Locke. Adam Locke looked a ferocious man, though was actually quite charismatic and inspirational. His right eye was missing, which was plain to see as he never covered it. His nose had been broken several times from the looks of it as well. He had a short beard which was not connected to a mustache. He wore his long brown hair with gray strands in a pony tail. Dormund shifted his attention towards Hornwood, which was now coming into view as they descended the hills. Dormund saw movement among the small castle in the distance.

“Do you expect the Hornwood’s to join us in battle, Prince Dormund?” Dormund shrugged, the Hornwood’s reputation was known to be slow.

“Ha! Bloody Hornwood’s probably aren’t even out of their beds yet!” Lord Adam chuckled to himself, though as he did Dormund saw a battalion leaving the main gates of Hornwood.

“I wouldn’t be so sure, Lord Locke. It would seem they were out of bed sooner than you thought.” Confusion and embarrassment built up on Adam’s face.

“Wha- Oh. Bloody Hornwood’s.” He said as he watched the army advance towards the Dreadfort, which was now only a few miles away.

“Mind your tongue, Lord Adam. My wife is of Hornwood origin.” Adam Locke spat to the side and raised an eyebrow.

“Mind my tongue? Watch who you’re talking to boy! Oh and have we not all heard the great stories of you and your lovely relationship with your wife.” Eddon’s face boiled red, he steered his horse over to Adam’s and unsheathed his Valyrian steel longsword - Winterfang.

“Quit the bickering, the both of you. Save it for the Andal’s who come to steal our land and murder your children. Lord Eddon, ride down to the Hornwood army and inform Lord Hornwood of the meeting with my father this evening.” Eddon hesitated, but did as Dormund commanded. Adam let out a sigh of relief.

“Well, I’ll say. I wished his brother had come instead, definitely glad I married my daughter off to him rather than that shit!” Dormund stopped his horse, making Adam pull his to a halt as well.

“Listen Locke, my father likes you as he grew up with you, I don’t hold anything against him for that. Though do not abuse that power by thinking you’re better than the rest of his allies. For twenty years, the Frost’s have supplied countless amounts of weapons and armour. The Whitehill’s have supplied shields and bows, and the Hornwood’s have supplied men for the Bolton armies. Yet the Locke’s have been quiet for the past twenty years, so today you’d best make up for that loss.” Dormund spoke quietly and swiftly, making Adam feel angry and ashamed.

“I- I’m sorry, I didn’t-” Adam failed to find the words to finish his sentence.

“Don’t apologise to me, it’s my father you ought to apologise to. And you know how much my father hates apologies.” Adam gulped and Dormund just shook his head.

“We’d best make haste, sundown will be in a few hours. We need to meet my father before then.” Dormund pushed his horse to a gallop and Adam followed, so did the rest of the battalion.

-

King Rogar sat in his throne with his guard, Carver, and Edwyn standing next to him. Dormund led Eddon, Ryden, Adam and Duncan Hornwood through the main doors and to the throne.

“Ah, he has returned.” King Rogar said, putting on a cocky smile. Dormund and the others knelt in front of their king until he ordered them to rise.

“My lords Duncan, Eddon and Adam, please wait for me in my room of operations. Carver, lead them there.” Carver nodded and descended down the stairs of the throne.

Carver was an interesting person. He always wore a helmet and never spoke. He had yellow eyes and a scar going down his left eye. He had a skinny athletic build, and wore the same kingsguard armor as Ryden.

“Now that they’re gone, I have to quickly inform you of the battle strategy. Ryden, you will-” Rogar paused when he noticed Ryden out of his armour and leaning on a cane to support himself.

“Your grace, it is not as bad as it looks. I can still defend the Dreadfort.” Rogar shook his head.

“Useless, always when I forge a plan, it must be torn apart. I was going to put you in charge of my army in the First Infantry Battalion, though it seems that plan is scrapped. Edwyn will fill in your place.” Edwyn? Fucking Edwyn?! Dormund was now pissed, his older brother was chosen for everything.

“Father, where would you have me?” Dormund desperately tried to say without releasing his anger and frustration.

“Hmm? Oh Dormund, right. Yes, you can join the Ranged Formation.” Dormund shook his head.

“No father, I cannot. We were ambushed on the way to the Frost Keep, my bow was destroyed. Not that I could use it well anyway with my two missing fingers…” Rogar stared Dormund down, to which Dormund easily stared right back at him.

“Very well, you will follow the orders of your brother on the battlefield. Ryden, the healers will tend to your wounds.” Both Dormund and Ryden were disappointed with the results.

“Now if you will excuse me, I must inform our allies of the battle plan. Come along Edwyn.” Rogar summoned the healers at the opposite end of the room and sent them to Ryden.

Rogar and Edwyn descended the stairs of the throne and walked into the operations room. The two healers, one tall and slim with long blond hair, quickly ushered Ryden away. Before they left, Ryden stopped them.

“Dormund.” Dormund stared at the throne when he heard his name, he turned and walked to Ryden.

“Yes Ryden?” Ryden’s face was pale, his eyes had dark bags under them from lack of sleep. He was slowly starting to resemble his brother, which made Dormund laugh on the inside.

“We both did not get what we wanted. I wish I could be out there fighting with you, just remember to keep your head down and don’t get hit.” Dormund smiled and scruffed Ryden’s hair.

“Thanks, brother.” Ryden smiled back, though it quickly faded away as he was moved out of the room.

Dormund walked to the main doors, though before exiting something caught his eye. He turned and looked at the tapestry of his family. His father stood with his arm around Edwyn, his face was cold and stern. His mother, Ellyn Bolton, held the hands Dormund and Tobas. Tobas held a small wooden dagger, whereas Dormund held a book. Well I always used to want to be educated for the sake of-

“My prince, the Andal warships are approaching. King Theon wishes for all men to be on the shores in fifteen minutes.” Dormund turned to see a young man with wavy dark brown hair standing in Stark armour, it was his brother.

“Tobas! How have you been my brother!” The two grasped each other’s forearms.

Dormund and Tobas had not really gotten along during their youth, the only thing they had in common was they both had a strong bond with their mother, whereas Edwyn had the bond with his father. Dormund was fifteen when his mother passed, Tobas was twelve. The two created a bond after their mother died which has been inseparable ever since.

“Not bad, King Theon has been treating me well to my surprise. He is like a second father.” Dormund and Tobas laughed. Their mother’s passing had hit Tobas harder than Dormund, it was good to see him laugh again.

“Come, tell me about it while we walk to our deaths.” The two laughed and conversed on their journey’s all the way to the shores of the Weeping Water.

-

The warships grew larger and larger as they slowly approached Dormund and the First Infantry Battalion. The sun had set into the horizon and the moon rose behind them, casting its white light on them so they were visible to their foes. That light slowly faded away as dark clouds invaded the clear sky. Light drops of rain landed on the men standing on the cold shores awaiting their fill of blood and glory. King Theon had climbed atop a boulder on the shore, his Valyrian steel sword - Ice - was in hand.

“Brothers! Sisters! Tonight, we fight to protect our lands! To protect our families!” A cheer from the Stark army arose, which slowly others from the Locke and Frost army joined into the chorus. The warships were only a twenty metres away from the shores.

“Tonight, we will show these Andal bastards that the First Men rule the North! That the First Men rule Westeros! Follow me brothers and sisters, to victory!” With this, everyone now cheered and chanted his name.

The Andal’s returned their cheering and screaming as they landed on the shores and charged towards the First Infantry Battalion. Arrows rained down on them from the cliffs on the other side of the shores. Dormund unsheathed his sword and charged with the Bolton army. They clashed into an army of tall men wearing iron and steel. Dormund parried a blow from a tall bald man with a brown beard. Dormund quickly skewered the man through his belly and moved onto another. Dormund dodged a blow from a giant axe swinging at his chest, the wielder was a brute of a man with scruffy blonde hair and a broken and bleeding nose. He swung at Dormund again, eventually disarming Dormund. Dormund grew tired of dodging the man so he charged at him and knocked him to the ground. Dormund pulled out his dagger and stuck the man with it in his throat. Dormund then turned to see another Andal, wearing a tabard with a seven-pointed star, prepare to strike Dormund down. Before he could, he was stabbed in the back by Eddon Frost. Dormund nodded, and Eddon ran back into the heat of battle. Dormund was unarmed, and could not find his sword. He grabbed the iron axe, that the Andal had previously tried to kill him with, and stood up. Dormund saw Tobas had been separated from King Theon and was fighting two Andal’s head on. Before he ran to help, he also saw that Edwyn was engaged in a fist fight with a brute of a man, who with one punch could easily break Edwyn’s skull. Both were too far in the enemy lines to both be saved, Dormund had to choose one.

[Save Tobas] [Save Edwyn]

Sign in to comment in this discussion.