Ep 2 Waiting Thread - Now available. Trouble downloading Ep 2? First post shows where to get help.

Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
edited July 2016 in Minecraft: Story Mode

Alt text

Having issues downloading Episode 2? Get help from Telltale here:

(For Telltale newcomers; When a new episode is released, new episodes are usually available as in game downloads from the Episode Menu and do not require you to download an external update from outside of the game. This is not usually how you download new episodes each time.)

Release Dates

• PC/Mac - October 27th
  • Playstation Network (PS4/PS3) - October 27th (Now out for PS3 EU)
  • Xbox Live (Xbox One/Xbox 360) - October 27th
  • iOS - October 29th
  • Amazon App Store - October 29th
  • Google Play Store - October 29th

News

October 27th

October 26th

October 25th

October 23rd

October 22nd

October 19th

October 16th

October 13th

• Evidence of Episode 2 activity on the Steam database.

October 8th (prior to Episode 1 release)

• During a demo preview with FamilyGamerTV, Job Stauffer alluded that Episode 2 would be out "before Thanksgiving" (which falls on Nov 26 in America)
    (See 6:05 during this video: ) He also states they hope to aim for quicker releases for Minecraft episodes with the possibility of "multiple episodes" by the end of the year.

Pass some time and get to know the Telltale Community!

While you are waiting for the episode, why not pass some time by getting to know the Telltale Community? Visit these pages below to talk about stuff that is off topic.

Please try to stick to genuine, on topic posts. This thread is meant for fans of both Minecraft and Telltale to wait for the game. Thanks!

Also, remember that the first rule of the forum guidelines is respect. This includes not just forum users and moderators, but Telltale staff as well. Please don't insult or antagonize anyone, including Telltale staff, for what they post, either on these forums, on the Telltale blog, on the Telltale Facebook page, on Twitter, or elsewhere. The Telltale Terms of Use prohibits behavior that harasses or advocates harassment of another person. We want these forums to be fun to visit for everyone, staff and gamers alike. Thanks. :)

Comments

• WOO! Man it feels good to see that news! :)

• Alright!

• Now,I have a bloody fine reason to complete this game,it's awesome :)

• Before THANKSGIVING? SERIOUSLY?! That is fantastic news...

• obligatory

enter image description here

• ...However, "before Thanksgiving" does not lack data. ;)

Green613 posted: »

obligatory

• But there weren't any soons in this.

Green613 posted: »

obligatory

• He actually says soon multiple times after he says "before Thanksgiving" in the video so HA

...However, "before Thanksgiving" does not lack data.

• For perspective, assuming Telltale is able to get the episode released the week of Thanksgiving, that would basically be a six week difference. If they release the episode the week before Thanksgiving, we're looking at a 5 week difference.

• edited October 2015

5 WEEK DIFFERENCE

For perspective, assuming Telltale is able to get the episode released the week of Thanksgiving, that would basically be a six week difference. If they release the episode the week before Thanksgiving, we're looking at a 5 week difference.

• Didn't the last episode of TWD S2 come out after 4 weeks?

5 WEEK DIFFERENCE

• Yeah but finales are usually the out liars.

dojo32161 posted: »

Didn't the last episode of TWD S2 come out after 4 weeks?

• But, this is the 2nd episode which usually takes FOREVER...

Didn't the last episode of TWD S2 come out after 4 weeks?

• If the second episode comes out this quickly, I wonder if the last one will come out even quicker.

But, this is the 2nd episode which usually takes FOREVER...

• edited October 2015

Does anyone else think Episode Ones title is a bit cliché?

• I guess they don't have to worry about a second series until Michonne starts.

If the second episode comes out this quickly, I wonder if the last one will come out even quicker.

• Nah. It's a bit obvious, but it does its job. What would you have called it?

Reconn posted: »

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The name is a reference to Minecrafts original name.

When he first started working on Minecraft, Notch had planned for it to just be a small project. For instance, when Notch uploaded the first YouTube video of Minecraft on May 13, 2009, he had not yet decided on a name, and simply referred to it as a "cave game". The name "Minecraft: Order of the Stone" (a reference to Order of the Stick, a web comic and "one of the best things on the internet" was announced the next day (from a suggestion a TIGSource forums user gave in an IRC chat, and then shortly after, it was shortened to "Minecraft" as it was much simpler and to prevent people from confusing it with Order of the Stick. The game was finally released for an "early private singleplayer alpha" on May 16, 2009.

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft

Reconn posted: »

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I noticed that there is already a depot for episode 2 on the steam database.

https://steamdb.info/app/376870/depots/

• SQUEEE I CNT WAIT!!!

• enter image description here

TOO SOON!!

Also,Red Brass Kitten?

OzzyUK posted: »

I noticed that there is already a depot for episode 2 on the steam database. https://steamdb.info/app/376870/depots/

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

TOO SOON!!

Job stated that they are aiming to release episode 2 "before thanksgiving" which is on November 26th so now seems about the right time to start adding files.

Also,Red Brass Kitten?

I'm guessing that they are using that as some sort of code name.

ZapThroat posted: »

TOO SOON!! Also,Red Brass Kitten?

• Job stated that they are aiming to release episode 2 "before thanksgiving" which is on November 26th so now seems about the right time to start adding files.

I know,I'm just saying the episode is releasing sooner than I expected,ep2 is the one that usually takes forever to release.

I'm guessing that they are using that as some sort of code name.

Yeah,but what're they referencing with it?

TOO SOON!! Job stated that they are aiming to release episode 2 "before thanksgiving" which is on November 26th so now seems about t

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Yeah,but what're they referencing with it?

i'm not sure, maybe it's a reference to something in their office or a inside inside joke.

ZapThroat posted: »

Job stated that they are aiming to release episode 2 "before thanksgiving" which is on November 26th so now seems about the right time to st

• Before thanksgiving? That's actually quite fast.

• After playing the first episode, I'm very much looking forward to Episode 2, can't wait.

• Does anybody have a link to the crowd play because I can't find one anywhere. I would love to check it out.

• edited October 2015

Dammit Telltale, why does Minecraft get Ep 2 so soon?! Finish TFTB and GoT first :(

Eh, Episode 1 was alright. 6 or 7/10 maybe. The visuals were okay. I like the color palette and general feel of the graphics, but some of the animations were a bit clunky. The story is quite cheesy as well, but maybe that's a design choice or something, I dunno.

The thing that really irks me though is the voiceacting and script. I found it really cringeworthy and somewhat forced, but overall the episode was decent.

• so for non americans when is thanksgiving?

• 26th November

so for non americans when is thanksgiving?

• November 26th, this year.

so for non americans when is thanksgiving?

• Dammit Telltale, why does Minecraft get Ep 2 so soon?! Finish TFTB and GoT first

They already are; we get Borderlands Ep 5 next week and GoT Ep 6 soon after.

dinofire posted: »

Dammit Telltale, why does Minecraft get Ep 2 so soon?! Finish TFTB and GoT first Eh, Episode 1 was alright. 6 or 7/10 maybe. The visuals

• The first episode waiting thread does; look for the link under the Key Art that mentions the Live Premiere for Episode 1.

Does anybody have a link to the crowd play because I can't find one anywhere. I would love to check it out.

• Seeing as how past names were from in game references, I'm surprised they didn't go with Endercon or Porkchop. :P

Yeah,but what're they referencing with it? i'm not sure, maybe it's a reference to something in their office or a inside inside joke.

• edited October 2015

Episode 2 coming before thanksgiving

Canada must have gotten it already.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

They do use "endercon" and "endermen" for their branches :P

Seeing as how past names were from in game references, I'm surprised they didn't go with Endercon or Porkchop. :P

• I just realised something.

Lukas is wearing a different outfit in the promo image than the one he ends up wearing in the first episode.

I'm guessing in a future episode he is going to ditch his leather jacket and get a hat? :o

• edited October 2015

His face is different a little bit too (and his hair), but I think they have redesigned his model. Althought that would be interesting that he and his clothes change through the story.

xValkyx posted: »

I just realised something. Lukas is wearing a different outfit in the promo image than the one he ends up wearing in the first episode. I'm guessing in a future episode he is going to ditch his leather jacket and get a hat?

• I checked. Sadly the video seems to be private.

The first episode waiting thread does; look for the link under the Key Art that mentions the Live Premiere for Episode 1.

• Hmm, odd. I'll update the thread to remove the link when I can.

I checked. Sadly the video seems to be private.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.