Pirates in the interim theatre, eh?

edited March 2007 in General Chat
http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax/

Pirate ships and lashings of rum (edit: and Fone Bone).

Clearly this is a thinly veiled message that means you are working on Monkey Island episodes. :eek:

Comments

• MelMel
    edited February 2007
    I hate Quicktime and I hate the fact that even though it's downloaded and there as a plugin, it's decided to stop working in both Firefox and Internet Explorer... :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    It's Flash based, no QuickTime required! You should get a new frame every 30 seconds (see the countdown clock in the corner?).
    jp wrote:
    Clearly this is a thinly veiled message that means you are working on Monkey Island episodes.

That would rule, but no. Someone just gave me a "Grow a Pirate" for Christmas, and I had no use for it, so we're growing it live.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    You can also keep refreshing the blog -- not as sexy, but it's just a jpg.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
    Well, my computer in my office (the one with the quick connection :p) has been acting weird with banners and such... I'll just have to be patient at home and watch it there (where I have a slow connection - silly technology.).

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Melanie68/screen.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Melanie68/screen2.jpg

Thanks Emily, I'll do that. :)
    edited February 2007
    Mel it looks like QuickTime has taken over your browser's preferences for things like .swf files. I suggest reinstalling the Flash plugin from Adobe.com. It should set itself right.
  • MelMel
    edited February 2007
    You're a gem! :) :)

I had no clue what was going on.
  • edited February 2007
    Mmmm... live cams for the win! Unfortunately, I don't have the stamina to watch it for the 72 hours it takes to grow fully :(

Perhaps a DVD release of this momentous occasion, complete with commentary and Don LaFontaine voicing the trailers?

"In a world, where pirates grow in water.... One game company dares.... to broadcast it on t3h intarwebz...."

Then again, maybe that's a bad idea.

EDIT: :O Fone Bone disappeared! I'm missing crucial plot elements!
  • edited February 2007
    What are you talking about, he's right there peeking into the jar.
  • edited February 2007
    Eeeek. A gigantic bald head. And Manny.

Wait!? Manny - you know what that means!? Grim Fandango episodes!
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    Also Millipede episodes, Frogger Mouse episodes and Motivational Cowboy episodes!!
  • edited February 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »
    What are you talking about, he's right there peeking into the jar.

He had disappeared for a few minutes, before whomever is changing the scenery around.... changed the scenery around.
  • edited February 2007
    Heatherlee wrote: »
    Also Millipede episodes, Frogger Mouse episodes and Motivational Cowboy episodes!!

I'm wondering if you made that joke before Jake did at mojo. :p
  • edited February 2007
    Heh, Millipede episodes might actually work. The original Millipede flyer (available here) features a rather interesting plot. Of course, it's nothing compared to the official Centipede comic book.
  • edited February 2007
    If they can make fan fiction out of Pong (really), then they can make it out of anything... even Millipede.
  • edited February 2007
    Hmm... 72 hours to grow, must combine pirate with bottle with water...

Looks like inspiration for the perfect puzzle to satisfy those asking for combinable inventory items and longer game length! :p
  • edited February 2007
    Hey, where did all the gewgaws around the bottle go?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    They went home for the night.

Don't worry, a new day is dawning...
  • edited February 2007
    like the temper of a rabid monkey on meth and redbull................. he is growing (i think)

i wanted to use another analogy.............. but this is a "kid friendly" website :rolleyes:

but then you are growing him in a damn rum bottle............ alcohol at work huh, (can we work at telltale, please) i guess that explains the inspiration behind some of your games.............. keep up the good *er* work
    edited February 2007
    A rum bottle is essential to a healthy pirate.
  • edited February 2007
    maybe that is why he is not growing :eek:

alcohol stunts your growth kids.............. but it does make things better
  • edited February 2007
    That squiddy-thing is the stuff of nightmares... evil, evil squiddy-thing....
  • edited February 2007
    I keep trying to send it suggestions, but it never responds.

Edit: Oh, it is not subservient pirate, it is Grow a Pirate. Oops.
  • edited February 2007
    Is that a Banana in Pajamas on the right?
  • HeatherleeHeatherlee Telltale Alumni
    edited February 2007
    I'm wondering if you made that joke before Jake did at mojo. :p

Our jokes were completely independant of each other. It must be the Telltale hive-mind at work.

I'd also like to point out that pirates are essentially awesome. Therefore I support all pirate-related activities, no matter how flimsy the ties to actual Telltaleness. They still won't let me put any pirates in any games though. Greg rebuked my CSI pirate story. But just you wait!
  • edited February 2007
    Clearly this is a thinly veiled message that means you are working on Monkey Island episodes. :eek:
    We can only hope...

Personally though, I don't think MI would work in episodes even half as well as Sam and Max does (it seems more like it would a full movie than a TV series) but seeing Guybrush back in any format would still be better than never again.

That said, it could be something completely different... At least it's got everyone around here interested.
  • edited February 2007
    Monkey Island could work in episodes... maybe if you have a different main character or something, like 'The Adventures of Murray'. Or something that revolves around LeChuck before he became undead, like I did with that fanfic I never finished.
  • DanHDanH Telltale Alumni
    edited March 2007
    Woah! When did the pirate stand up?

I guess you finally remebered to feed him some rum.
  • edited March 2007
    Hmm, I just had this appear on screen EXACTLY when I was checking my email.

2ak045l.png

Cons-piracy? (apologies for the pun). Didn't get any new emails though =/.

EDIT: Got the email =).
  • edited March 2007
    Progress on the growth is kinda slow me thinks...
    edited March 2007
    He's slowing down. We might have to break him free soon.
  • edited March 2007
    I think it will be for the best... then you can have a Watch Us Shrink a Pirate cam!
  • edited March 2007
    Which one is the pirate's car?

Is it an Arrrrrr X7?
  • edited March 2007
    That made me cry a little...

But the real question is which can of soda is his?
  • edited March 2007
    Maybe we will see the cans slowly build up (with more and more cans as game release deadlines approach).
  • edited March 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    That made me cry a little...

But the real question is which can of soda is his?

The Arrrrr-C cola?
  • edited March 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    The Arrrrr-C cola?

Oh no... I can't believe I unwillingly set that up... I certainly hope not to see the Arrrr-C Cola joke in the next episode.
  • edited March 2007
    Derwin wrote: »
    Oh no... I can't believe I unwillingly set that up... I certainly hope not to see the Arrrr-C Cola joke in the next episode.

Now that makes me think about how cool it would be if you could set the date to "Talk Like a Pirate Day."
  • edited March 2007
    numble wrote: »
    Now that makes me think about how cool it would be if you could set the date to "Talk Like a Pirate Day."

Maybe the last episode could have two complete sets of dialog, one for normal days, and one for International Talk Like a Pirate Day! That is brilliant numble! Come on Telltale, it isn't like it is that hard to write a whole new script for an episode, or to get the voice actors to read said scripts. I am sure it would only take about half an hour to implement.
  • edited March 2007
    Say, did we even name our pirate?
  • edited March 2007
    jp-30 wrote:

I'd say that the circumstantial evidence is piling up - anyone who has played "Abe Lincoln Must Die" and noticed one of the news headlines in front of Bosco's knows what I am talking about...
    There is a headline on one of the papers that says: "Purcell attacked by two-headed monkey" or something similar
Sign in to comment in this discussion.