Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• edited December 2015

Hey folks, I just launched the xbox 360 disc version, accepted the 224MB updated that it prompted me to do, and now Episode 4 is showing up as "Free"

UPDATE 1: When going to download content with my daughter's existing game save the price was still showing $4.99. I had seen the update and "Free" price when my son was starting the game to play Episode 1 but did not start the Ep4 download.

I deleted the update again (may not be necessary to do this), then started the game under my profile (didn't think to reinsert my son's memory card/profile). After the initial update downloaded again, I once again got the "Free" price on Ep4.

"Purchased" the free item, downloaded, signed out, signed her back in, and now she's playing it!

Issue now seems to come down to using a single profile and playing/downloading episodes in order. So definitely not "fixed" but hopefully a workaround for households that have multiple profiles.

UPDATE 2 - NOTE OF CAUTION ABOUT DRM: This applies to all episodes not just Ep 4. Even though Season Pass is on a disk it's apparently just a physical digital copy meaning it's unique and the additional Episodes adhere to the same crazy DRM scheme as any other xbox store purchase (good on first console downloaded for ANY profile, but only good on a different console if the profile that made the original download/"purchase" is signed on.

RANT: Very sneaky...a logical person would assume that the Episodes 2-5 downloads would not need to use this scheme, but have a unique watermark that required the disc, which would have it's own watermark distinguishing it from the digital season pass...that would have been enough to prevent piracy (friends get Ep1 digitally, borrows your Season Pass disc, now they can play Ep2-5). Very lazy implementation compared to how a "physical disc episodic game" woulda, shoulda, coulda worked...I don't know about anybody else who bought this as a gift, but I expected to be able to pop this in any of my/my kids' xboxes, download episodes, copy to their usb drive, and wherever that disc went, the full game would be playable.

• Still not working on XBox 360 for episode 4, even after power cycle, reconnect to network, etc. I must say this is beyond disappointing. My 10 year old Daughter and 7 year old son have been checking twice a day since it was supposedly released. Very poor customer support. Lack of updates from Telltale is extremely disheartening.

• I'm going f#cking nuts trying to get this episode to download for my son,have u found out how to fix it? Thanx

Me To I Can't download Episode 4 On My Xbox 360 PLEASE F$&KINK FIX THIS S@&T

• I know u said u r not a telltale employee but u apparently know whats up to comment on their behalf!! WTF is the problem??? I paid for the season pass for my son for Xbox and episode 4 has been released so tell me why this episode is released and he can't play it when I paid for it unless I give more money??? He's 5 yrs old and crying daily about this, and nobody's replying to all of us and we have to check numerous times daily hoping it's fixed and listen to a 5 yr old beg me to let him play and just use my card,but I won't repay!! WHY IS THIS EPISODE RELEASED AND I (UR CUSTOMER) CAN'T PLAY IT WHEN I ALREADY BOUGHT IT?????????????????????????????????????

OzzyUK posted: »

I am not a Telltale staff member but Telltale are currently aware of this issue and should hopefully fix it shortly. My Game Is Asking

• I too bought this for my 5 yr old son who daily cries telling me check it and please give them my credit card to swipe, (they don't understand that young that a credit card is not a endless amount of money on it).so as a paying customer who helped this company by buying it's product has to listen to a 5 yr old upset everyday on Xmas vacation to fix his game,they don't got to deal with it nor are they worried about us and what were going threw daily with a upset child! They are moving fast, aren't replying and I'm beyond frustrated. Please let me know is u find out anything and if u get reimbursed for paying again, cuz if you did get UR money back I'll just buy it and make them pay me back. Thanks a lot and good luck!!!

MelDel posted: »

So my son plays this game and was excited to play the new episode, 4. I got the season pass as well so he can just click the download when t

• I'm still waiting to,they won't reply or are worried about their customers satisfaction and could at least reply on here instead of sending a "non" employee to tell us their aware of it and working on it? Ugh I'm so aggrivated.

I have the dlc disc on PS3 and the issue is the same. I have emailed them and am still waiting for a response.

• edited December 2015

See my update above... worth a shot, anyway (see caution around DRM if playability across more than one console is a concern)

Still not working on XBox 360 for episode 4, even after power cycle, reconnect to network, etc. I must say this is beyond disappointing. M

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

I only know what gets posted on the support centre https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/categories/200246247-Minecraft-Story-Mode.

I posted this information here as it's easy to miss it on the support centre page and people might not notice it there, myself and the other moderators know nothing about what is causing the problem as they don't tell us anything so we can only post what has already been posted by Telltale staff.

When a solution gets posted or updated on the support centre page myself or another moderator will post it in this thread.

MurphyLee posted: »

I know u said u r not a telltale employee but u apparently know whats up to comment on their behalf!! WTF is the problem??? I paid for the s

• So where is this fix for the 360 and the season pass disk? I would like either a full refund or the digital pass to be supplied asap. This is just embarrassing for TTG!!!

• Xbox 360. Came across the same problem when trying to install Ep 4 today, followed FunkyKong instructions but didn't work. Tried them again but this time deleted game save under my profile (I don't play this game so no loss there), I also deleted Ep 3. Restarted the game and after the update found that Ep 4 is now showing as free, started download and then Ep 3 download. Once done checked then signed out, signed in with sons profile and all good. Thanks FunkyKong for guiding in the right direction.

• just tried all of the above:

delete saved game on all profiles - was only on main one anyway , delete the update - game starts and downloads update again

still want to charge me for episode 4 - plus side wee man gets to play through the first three again as we deleted his saved game but wont take him long and we will be stuck again

• Did you try deleting Episode 3 as well? That's what I did after it didn't work the first time, then downloaded Episode 4 before 3.

• They better update that bug on XBOX 360 before its out of date.
    They also need to update the game for E5 before it goes out of date.

• ok , so i deleted eps 3 and tried to download 4 - wants me to purchase , also now when i try and download 3 again ,wants me now to purchase it , sigh , about time they sort this out

Seriesdamo posted: »

Did you try deleting Episode 3 as well? That's what I did after it didn't work the first time, then downloaded Episode 4 before 3.

• Here is what I have learned.
    If you switch off your Internet connection and start the game, it behaves exactly the same as when connected. E.g. indicates it to be downloading content. So clearly, the issue is that, even when connected to xbox live, the game/console does not recognise this to be the case and therefore, reacts as if no connection is present.

• edited December 2015

Confirmed to Work on Xbox 360

Thank you good sir or ma'am! This worked perfectly for me (the second go around). I thought I would try and be smart and save episodes 2 and 3 on the built in 4GB flash so I wouldn't lose them and it failed. I then used a 8GB USB to back them up and removed the USB drive from the Xbox the second go and it worked like a charm. If any of the episode content is seen by the Xbox it will not allow episode 4 to download. I turned out I didn't even need the content saved on the USB since it all re-downloaded (just be sure to choose episode 4 as your first download).

To reiterate:

*Backup episode 2 & 3 on removable USB (turned out not to be necessary for me)
    *Deleted all Minecraft Story Mode content except son's save
    * Powered off console and unplugged (not sure if necessary)
    * Restarted and signed in another profile (mine in this case which was an adults)
    * Inserted disc and downloaded episode 4 FIRST
    * Hit the b button and started episode 3's download before 4's completed
    * Hit the b button and started episode 2's download before 4's completed

FunkyKong posted: »

Hey folks, I just launched the xbox 360 disc version, accepted the 224MB updated that it prompted me to do, and now Episode 4 is showing up

• This game was bough as a christmas present for my kids by a relative so getting a refund or exchange for a defective product is not an option as we do not have the reciept, but I will not spend any money on telltale games in future. Xbox have been great and have responded to my inquiries, zero response from telltale. This issue should have been picked up before release.

• Been posting messages, and after 5 days these bunch of telltale time wasters, still have not got the decency to give the people who pay there wages an update. A COMPLETE SHAMBLES, AND POSSIBLY THE WORST< OF THE WORST, companies out there. I give up, I wonder how many customers they will have when there next shambles is created. I couldnt care less if the next game they create is pure magic. I would rather give my money to a homeless person. TELLTALE should rebrand to TALLTALE

• We will update this article when we have any new information to provide.

HA HA thats the first and last bit of customer care they are likely to post. JOKERS. IS that all you got to say for yourselves??

• Call Kevin Bruner, Founder, Director, President, Chief Executive Officer of TellTale Games at 415.258.1638 ext 101 and let him know they need to fix this XBOX issue.

• Call Kevin Bruner, Founder, Director, President, Chief Executive Officer of TellTale Games at 415.258.1638 ext 101 and let him know they need to fix this XBOX issue.

We will update this article when we have any new information to provide. HA HA thats the first and last bit of customer care they are likely to post. JOKERS. IS that all you got to say for yourselves??

• edited December 2015

I had to use a different profile on the Xbox. Maybe create another profile and set it up with the free Live to get it to work if you only have one account. I did have to completely delete Story Mode with the exception of my son's save. My explanation is above with step by step.

gerry862 posted: »

ok , so i deleted eps 3 and tried to download 4 - wants me to purchase , also now when i try and download 3 again ,wants me now to purchase it , sigh , about time they sort this out

• Hello! My Name is Genarinini and i am going to tell you something, everyone has mistakes, tell tale is not perfect like everyone is not perfect, maybe a BUG was there that cause the error, the game has this difficulties because you payed for all the episodes and the hardware doesnt have alot of episodic games, so, of course this kind of issues were going to happen but, everyone that wants a refund let me tell you that they are not perfect, of course is embarassing but they are working on it, it was going to happen eventually so just go with it and wait until the bug its fixed, but if you cant wait, pay the 5 bucks, or think, they need to fix this, subtitles, the problem of not appearing, people, let them do their work without pressure, if you better put encouraging messages they will do it faster!

• me too D:

ok , so i deleted eps 3 and tried to download 4 - wants me to purchase , also now when i try and download 3 again ,wants me now to purchase it , sigh , about time they sort this out

• edited December 2015

That would be all and good but the fact is that their very first episode released in October had the same issues. So exactly how many months do they need? How about they have had the same issues with all their games since 2012 and still haven't worked it out yet!

When you take money to provide a service you have no right to complain and not respond when you are called on not providing said service. This is simply a good business practice and one that everyone is entitled to demand. Wouldn't you be upset if you have paid your cell phone cost on time and in full but you had no service? I sincerely think you wouldn't forget about it and re-pay for a prepaid cell while you waited for your provider to get good and ready to restore your service you already paid for.

Genarinini posted: »

Hello! My Name is Genarinini and i am going to tell you something, everyone has mistakes, tell tale is not perfect like everyone is not perf

• Parents,

I don't know for sure about XBOX360, but I KNOW it works on XBOX1.
    Follow these steps:
    1. Verify that the files are not applied. (If t says you need to pay, they aren't)
    2. His the XBOX Button
    3. scroll to where the Season Pass is. It will have a longer name than others
    4. highlight and hit the = (start), then select manage bundle
    5. once screen pons g to the bundle file (mine were on the right both times)
    6. hightlight and hit A.
    7. Once downloaded, go back and restart the mine craft game
    8. go to episodes. Select 2/3/4, and, providing the download was completed, you other episodes should download.

Hope this helps. Let me know. ✌

• I can't tell if you have trouble loading 2/3/4 or not, if so, try this and see if it works
    I don't know for sure about XBOX360, but I KNOW it works on XBOX1. Follow these steps: 1. Verify that the files are not applied. (If t says you need to pay, they aren't) 2. His the XBOX Button 3. scroll to where the Season Pass is. It will have a longer name than others 4. highlight and hit the = (start), then select manage bundle 5. once screen pons g to the bundle file (mine were on the right both times) 6. hightlight and hit A. 7. Once downloaded, go back and restart the mine craft game 8. go to episodes. Select 2/3/4, and, providing the download was completed, you other episodes should download.

Been posting messages, and after 5 days these bunch of telltale time wasters, still have not got the decency to give the people who pay ther

• Try this
    I don't know for sure about XBOX360, but I KNOW it works on XBOX1. Follow these steps: 1. Verify that the files are not applied. (If t says you need to pay, they aren't) 2. His the XBOX Button 3. scroll to where the Season Pass is. It will have a longer name than others 4. highlight and hit the = (start), then select manage bundle 5. once screen pons g to the bundle file (mine were on the right both times) 6. hightlight and hit A. 7. Once downloaded, go back and restart the mine craft game 8. go to episodes. Select 2/3/4, and, providing the download was completed, you other episodes should download.

OcAMD posted: »

That would be all and good but the fact is that their very first episode released in October had the same issues. So exactly how many months

• Try this

just tried all of the above: delete saved game on all profiles - was only on main one anyway , delete the update - game starts and downlo

• How long ago was this said
    We will update this article when we have any new information to provide.

EDIT: Update:

This issue should now be resolved for those who own the digital version of the Season Pass. We are continuing to look into this issue for those with the Season Pass disc

Not seen any new info in a week

• I have the same issue here as everyone else, season pass for ps4 with just episode 1, all the other purchased and coming soon. If it was just me I'd be annoyed and probably get over it and wait( but still shouldn't have to), but as this was a gift for my 7year old son who is a huge fan of minecraft I was very disappointed, I have tried all the suggestions to solve the problem but still nothing......what is the biggest issue here for me aside from my sons disappointment is the UTTER lack of response and in affect respect from telltale for the people who purchase and play their games and by default pay the wages there. I have been gaming for over 20 years and never had such a major issue with a game developer, to sell a product that doesn't work as stated is false advertising, to have the audacity to not even respond to requests for support and solutions is a joke and I for one will not be purchasing anything ever developed by telltale again and will encourage everyone I know to do the same. All I want at this stage is what I paid for, and my son asked me for......hopefully telltale will sort this out and I will NEVER have to deal with them again.

• Why is this thread still alive?

• Thread: PS3 Story Mode Season Pass

Has anyone had the problem where it says that seasons 2-4 are unavailable to download when using the disk version season pass on PS3.

If so is there a known fix. I have asked support and they seem to be unhurried at best to get back to me.

• because telltale still hasn't fixed the issue

Smellmeh posted: »

Why is this thread still alive?

• ^^^^ or XBOX 360 disc

• I've been having issues with the PS4 disc version. Episode 1 available and installed, but all others have a status of "Purchased, coming soon".

The PS4 is online and I've registered with TTG from within the game.... I'm even getting updates on the title screen informing me that Episode 4 is now available for download!
    I've tried to uninstall the game completely and power cycling the PS4 as suggested but to no avail.

Any update would be welcome.

• who the hell are you? Jog ON, you obviously didnt scrimp and save to provide for your upset child. Do you even have a child, or just a grown up gamer??

Hello! My Name is Genarinini and i am going to tell you something, everyone has mistakes, tell tale is not perfect like everyone is not perf

• Genarinini, let me tell you something! Anyone who knows about business, should always keep there customers informed about what is being done about a defective product. Do you think one little very lame message 5 days ago, saying they are trying to resolve the issue is acceptable? Me and thousands of others don't. I hope your not a CEO of a company.

• Many thanks, I am on the 360 version. I have tried various methods suggested, however they all lead to the same conclusion. They want more money. Oh well.
    Happy New Year

I can't tell if you have trouble loading 2/3/4 or not, if so, try this and see if it works I don't know for sure about XBOX360, but I KNOW

• Wow, thats a very tempting proposal, however the call alone from my U.K mobile phone would possibly cost more than these TALLTALE people are asking for, in order to pay for something I already have paid for. Im pretty sure ext; 101 is on answerphone anyway. Nice one. Happy New Year

bearranch posted: »

Call Kevin Bruner, Founder, Director, President, Chief Executive Officer of TellTale Games at 415.258.1638 ext 101 and let him know they need to fix this XBOX issue.

This discussion has been closed.