Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• They sent me an email..they are working in it . They sat do save your data and delete the saved files. Download episode 4 and then add your saved data back onto the Xbox

okiemayor posted: »

You ruined Christmas for my 11 year old son who enjoys your Minecraft game story mode part 4 is not fixed has not been fixed there has been

• I can't figure out how to paste the email but basically they said to back up your saved data, delete whats on your console. Download episode 4 and then add your saved data back onto the console. They are still working on fixing it but this should work for now.

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited January 2016

For Xbox Season Pass Disc owners, Telltale posted this update on the Support Center (I think today):

UPDATE 2:

We have now located the root cause of this issue and we are working with Microsoft to patch it. In the meantime, to download Episode 4 or any other affected episodes, please move your save data to another storage device, such as a USB drive. After your save is backed up onto another device, please delete your save data from your console.

Once your save data is removed from your console, please launch the game, select Episodes, and you will be able to successfully download Episode 4 for free. After it is downloaded and installed, you can then move your original save data back onto your console, then continue playing on your saves.

If you have questions on how to move save data onto different storage devices, please read this Xbox Support article here:http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-360/games/manage-games-data

We sincerely apologize for any difficulties this issue has caused, and we thank you for your patience. We hope to have more information on a patch soon.

• edited January 2016

Isn't this what FunkyKong posted days ago and I confirmed. LOL

For Xbox Season Pass Disc owners, Telltale posted this update on the Support Center (I think today): UPDATE 2: We have now located t

• I assume so, but it's good to have official confirmation from Telltale so I went ahead and posted what they said.

OcAMD posted: »

Isn't this what FunkyKong posted days ago and I confirmed. LOL

• What am I supposed to delete (after saving)? I just tried deleting the "Saved Game" data, leaving the episodes (2 and 3) and Title Update, but this did not fix the charging for episode 4 issue.

• The new work around solution to download episode 4 has NOT worked for me either on my Xbox 360. I followed the instructions, deleted the game save file but still same result when I try to download episode 4 - i.e. payment request - the free download is not working so this is NOT a fix ! Please give us some accurate information

• See they are still having issues below. with the official fix. Please make sure on the first post it states what we already determined; that all previous episodes have to be removed as well. We had to delete Minecraft Storymode completely (the only thing needed was to copy the save to a USB if you want to continue). For some reason if it detects any previous episodes it fails. This has been confirmed several times and it appears to be easier if it done using another profile (if the save can be seen on Xbox).

The comment and replies are on page 17 that shows how to resolve the issue. Sadly I can't post a link here since the forum is defunct.

I assume so, but it's good to have official confirmation from Telltale so I went ahead and posted what they said.

• edited January 2016

See my comment to moderator above. What worked for the Xbox 360 is found on page 17 and page 15 (just look for me). Page 17 goes into more detail worded differently by 3 different people. Short answer if it sees any previous episodes or saves it fails to download episode 4 properly. We backuped saves and episodes on a REMOVABLE USB (must be removed from Xbox to successfully download 4). It turned out we didn't need the episode 2 and 3 backups since they redownloaded after starting episode 4 FIRST.

What am I supposed to delete (after saving)? I just tried deleting the "Saved Game" data, leaving the episodes (2 and 3) and Title Update, but this did not fix the charging for episode 4 issue.

• Some users have found out that you may also need to delete the episodes themselves after you have moved the save files. I am only a volunteer Moderator - not a staff Member, but I have updated the main post with this extra information.

Benny1973 posted: »

The new work around solution to download episode 4 has NOT worked for me either on my Xbox 360. I followed the instructions, deleted the gam

• I have updated the first post with your information.

Also, you can share links to individual posts in a thread by clicking the date that the post was made on.

OcAMD posted: »

See they are still having issues below. with the official fix. Please make sure on the first post it states what we already determined; that

• edited January 2016

Has anybody else had issues with playing the episodes after they have been installed? We have been able to play the first two episodes but once we got to episode three we started having issues. It keeps sending us back to the select your appearance screen. It won't load any of the episodes now.

• That doesn't sound like a common issue that others in this thread are having that is caused by the Season Pass disc.

I would recommend submitting a Request ticket at the Telltale Games Support Center for Telltale Staff members to directly assist you.

Abnrmlgina posted: »

Has anybody else had issues with playing the episodes after they have been installed? We have been able to play the first two episodes but o

• Thank you for the update. It seems there are two workarounds; one with multiple profiles and one for one profile. You updated to show the multiple profile version where the save can remain ( but all the Story Mode content is deleted) since you download the episodes to a "different" profile so the save doesn't block the episodes download. In the one profile workaround all content and saves need to be removed; that is why you need a removable USB to copy the save to so the newly created one can be overwritten later. I think this is what is confusing everyone. It appears that the previous episode content can block: as well as; the saves from new content download.

These comments below mine were the single profile workarounds.

I have updated the first post with your information. Also, you can share links to individual posts in a thread by clicking the date that the post was made on.

• I did submit a job ticket. Just thought I would check to see if anybody else had been having issues.

That doesn't sound like a common issue that others in this thread are having that is caused by the Season Pass disc. I would recommend su

• Thread: Minecraft story mode

I have bought Minecraft story mode and it says I have purchased episode 4 but have not downloaded it, but when I go to download it, it says I have to pay for it

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This is currently a common bug which Telltale is working to fix, for now you can fix it youself by trying these steps on the support centre https://support.telltalegames.com/hc/en-us/articles/215901247--UPDATE-2-My-game-is-asking-me-to-purchase-Episode-4-but-I-own-the-Season-Pass

We have now located the root cause of this issue and we are working with Microsoft to patch it. In the meantime, to download Episode 4 or any other affected episodes, please move your save data to another storage device, such as a USB drive. After your save is backed up onto another device, please delete your save data from your console.

Once your save data is removed from your console, please launch the game, select Episodes, and you will be able to successfully download Episode 4 for free. After it is downloaded and installed, you can then move your original save data back onto your console, then continue playing on your saves.

If you have questions on how to move save data onto different storage devices, please read this Xbox Support article here:http://support.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-360/games/manage-games-data

We sincerely apologize for any difficulties this issue has caused, and we thank you for your patience. We hope to have more information on a patch soon.

Nibbles123 posted: »

Thread: Minecraft story mode I have bought Minecraft story mode and it says I have purchased episode 4 but have not downloaded it, but when I go to download it, it says I have to pay for it

• This work around did not work for me. I am curious to know if this failed for others

OzzyUK posted: »

This is currently a common bug which Telltale is working to fix, for now you can fix it youself by trying these steps on the support centre

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Have you also deleted all the currently downloaded episodes? If you haven't you should try that and then download all the episodes again as other users have reported that working.

This work around did not work for me. I am curious to know if this failed for others

• what about the ps4 are they trying to fix for the ps4 to all im seeing is they trying to fix it just for the xbox

• Thread: Bought the game but still have to pay

My nephew bought this game on the xbox 360. Not online but he has the disc version.
    He is now telling me that he is almost at the last chapter but that the game tells him to pay 6 euro.
    He is now wondering why since he bought the game. I don't know either because I don't play this game but does someone know?

• I have the Xbox 360 season pass, I had to delete the entire game from flash drive and console, power down console, sign back in to Xbox live, accept download again, select episodes and you should see episode 4 as free, downside is you will have to redo 2 & 3 as I didn't have a choice, but I started 4 first! Hope this helps.

Gamer4Life posted: »

I'm having the same problem too. I can't download episode 4. Instead I have to pay 5 dollers! Please fix this!

• edited January 2016

Finally got it working on the Xbox 360, using the methods shown in this thread. You MUST ensure that when you've saved your data to USB, you remove the USB drive before restarting the game, AND you change the account to Adult, otherwise it doesn't seem to work. Spent almost 2 hrs tonight with my son and this forum learning this.

• I forgot to mention one more step. After step 2. Delete everything, REMOVE USB DRIVE.

xbox360 Season pass disc . Finally got it to work after reading previous post but a little differently using following steps. * Backup

• I have installed the PS4 disc versions, installed the update but when i like to download the episode 2, I get the message for all episodes: "purchased, coming soon".

In the PlaystationStore the episodes are available but I have to pay for it. Any hint is appreciated.

• @AngryFather: First check your internet connection and that you are logged in (PSN + Telltale account). And then reopen the menu several times - that's how I made it to finally download episode 4 on PS3. It's a pain in the ass, but hopefully this will work for you too.

• Thread: Help! Can't download season pass episode 3!

My son has the Minecraft Season Pass for XBOX ONE. He completed Episode 1 and Episode 2. Episode 3, 4, and 5 say 'purchased not downloaded' or something like that. When he clicks on Episode 3 to download, it goes to the Microsoft Store and requires him to pay $4.99. This is supposed to be included in the season pass. Please advise.

• When I like to Login to Telltale, I always get the message that I don't have Internet connection,although the PSN is working like a charm.

Rom27 posted: »

@AngryFather: First check your internet connection and that you are logged in (PSN + Telltale account). And then reopen the menu several tim

• This is exactly my situation, and no problem ticket or request for help on any forum has given an answer to how to fix this. The suggested solutions do NOT work for this issue for PS4.

I've deleted save game files and reinstalled the game until I'm blue in the face. Started the game while logged into PSN, tried logging in after starting the game, tried changing my parental control values to allow all access to all accounts, etc. No luck.

This is an UNRESOLVED problem for Playstation users!

AngryFather posted: »

When I like to Login to Telltale, I always get the message that I don't have Internet connection,although the PSN is working like a charm.

• Back up the saved episodes then delete from console. Once done go back and download epis 4. , then resave the epis 1-3 back onto the console. I just did it for my son and it worked!

What am I supposed to delete (after saving)? I just tried deleting the "Saved Game" data, leaving the episodes (2 and 3) and Title Update, but this did not fix the charging for episode 4 issue.

• I did it and it worked. Save to a usb, then delete, then download epis 4

Benny1973 posted: »

The new work around solution to download episode 4 has NOT worked for me either on my Xbox 360. I followed the instructions, deleted the gam

• Back up saved data, delete prev episodes, then download 4. We did it and it worked!

Nibbles123 posted: »

Thread: Minecraft story mode I have bought Minecraft story mode and it says I have purchased episode 4 but have not downloaded it, but when I go to download it, it says I have to pay for it

• Worked for me

This work around did not work for me. I am curious to know if this failed for others

• Telltale Support has corrected the solution presented on the Support Center page for Minecraft: Story Mode Season Pass Disc owners to download Episode 4 for free prior to their upcoming patch. I forwarded to them information that users told me about how you also needed to delete more than just save files.

Since the Support Center page is now updated and corrected, I updated the first post of this thread and cleaned it up. A few other users already seem to be verifying the corrected version of the solution on Telltale's Support Center page works.

• Did you also delete the episode files and the update file? Users found out you also had to delete those files and not just the save files (once the save files have been copied and moved elsewhere).

Iguanahey posted: »

This is exactly my situation, and no problem ticket or request for help on any forum has given an answer to how to fix this. The suggested

• If you are referring to the physical Season Pass disc, check the updated solution in the posts above. If you are talking about the digital Season Pass download, you can consult the Telltale Games Support Center. From there, you can search for the solution to your problem depending on what game you are playing as well as the platform you are playing on.

If you still need further assistance, you may also try the following:

Buffalopiz posted: »

Thread: Help! Can't download season pass episode 3! My son has the Minecraft Season Pass for XBOX ONE. He completed Episode 1 and Epi

• Same here I even paid the £4.99 from the PSN store it downloaded but says waiting to install. Iv tried atleast 10 times deleting everything and reinstalling it and nothing works. Have got a 7 year old driving me crazy lol

This is exactly my situation, and no problem ticket or request for help on any forum has given an answer to how to fix this. The suggested

• There is NO support from telltale, it has become a real joke, there is no working solution for the PS4 No feedback from anyone at telltale. Massive joke of the gaming world.

• I have the same problem with episode 4 :( Wich account shoud be changed to Adult?

Bert1234 posted: »

Finally got it working on the Xbox 360, using the methods shown in this thread. You MUST ensure that when you've saved your data to USB, you

• I am glad to hear that I am not the only person where the "solved PS4 fix" doesn't work. I have done the same like you. Installing, updating, deleting everything, installing while I am logged on to PSN and nothing. And all this at my son's birthday. After playing 1:30 he has had finished Episode1 and the rest of this fu... Day we have tried to find a solution to download the he other episodes.

And while playing Episode1 we have seen that a lot of the German subtitles not are available and I have had the honor to make translations.

I have opened and support ticket but no answer until today.

This discussion has been closed.