Mincraft Story Mode Season Pass Disk Issue [2/2/2016: Telltale resolves issues for 360 users]

Comments

• edited January 2016

It is sad but the Xbox community had to find its own workarounds and relay them back to Telltale and Xbox support. The only thing I could suggest is that the PS community starts trying things and share what they discover to help others out.

I do think it is despicable that Telltale sits back and lets their users find the solutions to issues before they act. Just go back in this thread and look for the post by FunkyKong to see how long it took for them to act when a workaround was found and they updated their support thread (I contacted them the very hour FunkyKong posted it). Even MS Xbox Live support acted on the information within 1-2 days to help customers once they were notified of the workaround; and it wasn't even their problem.

eVoXXX posted: »

There is NO support from telltale, it has become a real joke, there is no working solution for the PS4 No feedback from anyone at telltale. Massive joke of the gaming world.

• My autistic child downloaded Episode 2 and 3 with no problem HOWEVER when she downloaded Episode 4 (when I was taking our sick dog outside) it charged my Paypal account even though I had purchased the season pass disk.
    Note we've never purchased or downloaded anything ONLINE from our account before this.
    Microsoft says to contact Telltale Games for a refund and now Telltale Games is playing dumb and not addressing my request.
    I'm a single mom and very pissed they are taking advantage of me AND a special needs child!

Anyone else have this issue with getting a refund?
    Anyone else want to join me in a class action lawsuit?

I didn't spend $30 on this disk to be charged again. Why won't they make this right?

• Tried the above points mentioned and still have one unhappy lil girl not being able to play episode 4 so i have purchased episode 4 even though she has the season pass. Please review your products before releasing them cant believe it took over 2 weeks for a "resolution" post to come out. Clearly customer service needs to be worked on. I will not be buying another telltale game nor will i recommend this game for anyone who does not have this. I hope you are looking to compensate customers for all the incovience caused in this matter.

• I posted right before you regarding being charged for Episode 4 in this thread. I went back and did another Microsoft Support Chat regarding BILLING and this time I did indeed receive a refund for being charged despite having the season pass. I suggest you go instigate a chat here and select BILLING and request your refund as well. Good Luck!!

Robertus30 posted: »

Tried the above points mentioned and still have one unhappy lil girl not being able to play episode 4 so i have purchased episode 4 even tho

• go here to start your chat https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us
    I forgot to put this in my previous reply

Robertus30 posted: »

Tried the above points mentioned and still have one unhappy lil girl not being able to play episode 4 so i have purchased episode 4 even tho

• edited January 2016

I still remember one unofficial solution for console platforms, that said you can go offline, and then remove the disc, do power cycling, reinsert the disc, and log in, then you should able to download the remaining episodes, maybe its still works idk.

• Yes indeed. Tried that several times. Everything deleted from the hard drive, re-installed while connected to the internet and still the same problem. That solution seems to work for XBox 360, but it does not work for the PS4.

Did you also delete the episode files and the update file? Users found out you also had to delete those files and not just the save files (once the save files have been copied and moved elsewhere).

• Don't expect a quick answer to your ticket. I entered a ticket four days ago and there's not yet even an acknowledgement. I imgaine they're swamped with tickets right now though, and our PS4 issue may not stand out from all of those asking for a solution to the already-resolved XBox 360 issues.

AngryFather posted: »

I am glad to hear that I am not the only person where the "solved PS4 fix" doesn't work. I have done the same like you. Installing, updating

• For goodness sake Telltale when are you actually going to acknowledge there is a problem and issue a statement?? This is preposterous!! Still NO solution for PS4 users and ignorance from yourselves to boot!! Would a simple statement on social media be too difficult??

• Same problem here. I have the season pass disc for PS3 and can't download either.

I logged a support ticket and sent an email a couple of weeks ago but am yet to hear anything back.

• (Copying from my own comment)
    I still remember one unofficial solution for console (PS4/ 3, XBOX) platforms, that said you can go offline, and then remove the disc, do power cycling, reinsert the disc, and log in, then you should able to download the remaining episodes, maybe its still works try it yourself

dic_m posted: »

Same problem here. I have the season pass disc for PS3 and can't download either. I logged a support ticket and sent an email a couple of weeks ago but am yet to hear anything back.

• Same issues on PS4 for me as well. Deleted everything, signed in and out of PSN and sent 2 support tickets to telltale and not 1 response yet! Starting to get really ticked off now as i have an 8 year old desperate to play episode 2 onwards and cant do a thing about it! Telltale need to step up and get this sorted!

• That solution works on the XBox, but doesn't work for this PS4 issue. Just tried it again to make sure and still get the result that it doesn't recognize that I'm connected to the Playstation Network, and thus cannot download any episodes.

(Copying from my own comment) I still remember one unofficial solution for console (PS4/ 3, XBOX) platforms, that said you can go offline,

• For any Episode prior to Episode 4, you might need to just download an update for the game and relaunch it to download Episodes 2 and 3. Deleting everything and then redownloading it (after moving your saves) is a temporary workaround for Xbox players to download Episode 4.

kda79 posted: »

Same issues on PS4 for me as well. Deleted everything, signed in and out of PSN and sent 2 support tickets to telltale and not 1 response ye

• Yes, I have tried all of that. If I delete all of the saves and updates, the game will reinstall the update but episodes are still not available for download.

When I go into Episodes for the first time, I get a banner saying something like "Episodes 2-5 are now available for download. Go online to download them.....". but it doesn't say where to go to download them. If I go into the PSN store I still have to pay.

• I sure wish that worked, but it doesn't. On PS4 at least it auto-loads the latest update to the game before it launches, so 1.03 is definitely in place, and I've checked for system software updates too to make sure I'm on the latest there.

Also tried deleting the updated game and the save file and starting fresh (including a full power-down reboot) and nothing works. The XBox360 solutions don't seem to apply to the PS4 issue.

For any Episode prior to Episode 4, you might need to just download an update for the game and relaunch it to download Episodes 2 and 3. Del

• Same here. It should allow you to download the episodes in one of two ways: going to the Episodes menu and choosing the next one to download (doesn't work as they are all marked as "Purchased. Coming Soon!") or by starting a game and choosing one of the later chapters then clicking "Check Availability" (doesn't work as clicking the button results in "Please connect your Playstion 4 Computer to the Playstation Network" even if you're already logged into the PSN).

Yes, I have tried all of that. If I delete all of the saves and updates, the game will reinstall the update but episodes are still not avail

• Here's a solution that will help a handful of people like me. If you live in one region (e.g., Europe) and you have a US PSN account, you might find that your content won't download. If you bought the disk in one region, but your PSN account is another region, you won't be able to download the content. You have to sign in using a PSN account whose region matches the region of the disk you bought. This doesn't apply to a lot of people, but it's probably not just me. But if you're an American living abroad, you probably have an American PSN account because buying things in dollars is usually cheaper than buying in the local currency and games get released at different times in different regions.

In my case I had to sign into my PSN account that was in the European region because I had bought a European region MCSM season pass disk. Interestingly enough, Telltale support actually gave me this solution by email. Only 2 weeks after I filed a ticket and well after the Christmas season was over. You'd think in the, oh, FIVE MONTHS they've had problems somebody would have, you know, posted some information on the web somewhere... Even now, this information is available here in the forums but not on the official support pages.

• You'd think in the, oh, FIVE MONTHS they've had problems somebody would have, you know, posted some information on the web somewhere...

Telltale develops and releases Episodes live. They would not be able to see issues with Episode 4 on Season Pass Discs happening that far in advance.

Here's a solution that will help a handful of people like me. If you live in one region (e.g., Europe) and you have a US PSN account, you mi

• Hi guys so I've had a reply from Telltale Games and even though we ordered our copy from amazon UK we were sent a US copy. If your disc says E 10+ it's a US copy and will therefore need to create a US psn account, if it's Pegi12 then I'm still waiting on answers . Hope to help some.

• I also got an email this morning asking whether my copy was E10+ or PEGI12. Mine is E10+ and was bought in a store here in Australia. Will find out what this all means soon I guess.

Jedianimal posted: »

Hi guys so I've had a reply from Telltale Games and even though we ordered our copy from amazon UK we were sent a US copy. If your disc says

• edited January 2016

And now they have advised the same thing as Jedianimal - to create a US account. I'd rather use my main account if I can and not have to create a separate account for this.

I also got an email this morning asking whether my copy was E10+ or PEGI12. Mine is E10+ and was bought in a store here in Australia. Will find out what this all means soon I guess.

• Ok I found a solution. Step 1: After deleting data reinstalling and updating the game on disc, go to the episodes menu and check that it says purchased but not installed.
    Step 2: click on any episode 2 thru 4 I think you must play levels in order. It will then take you to the online store. If it doesn't state a price and just says download click it. Then it will take you to a confirm page and button. It will show that's it's free on on top then proceed to confirm. It will then proceed to download. Back on the game it will ask to download click yes. That's it. Let me know if any other issues or if this helps. Enjoy!!!.

eVoXXX posted: »

There is NO support from telltale, it has become a real joke, there is no working solution for the PS4 No feedback from anyone at telltale. Massive joke of the gaming world.

• You suck, you suck, and yes!! You suck telltale. THIS IS 'Ticket 68549
    The number your CUSTOMER SUPPORT GAVE ME IN 2015. STILL NO SUPPORT AND ITS NOW 2016.
    You obviously will have to refund everyone, you useless, unhelpful, 2 bit company

• SHAMBLES, NAIVE, UNHELPFUL, UNSYMPATHETIC, AMATEUR.
    JUST 5 WORDS THAT SPRING TO MINDE WHEN I THINK OF TELLTALE.
    TALLTALE

• Received Telltale's response which was to move all the game data to an other source (USB) then delete all content then restart. Same thing...still wants me to pay for all episodes now instead of just the one I wanted. When, o when will you fix this problem, Telltale games? I've submitted a SECOND trouble ticket telling you that this wasn't the right fix for the problem.

• We have the xbox 360 season pass version, have followed all the telltale recommended steps and still cannot download episode 4 for free.

• Ive tried the same and still cant download it.

tequilatram posted: »

We have the xbox 360 season pass version, have followed all the telltale recommended steps and still cannot download episode 4 for free.

• My daughter is a Xbox user. The story mode disc was bought as an xmas gift. Episodes 1-3'have been played. Episode 4 says available. We cannot download. I am not prepared to go and purchase an external storage device in order that she can have access to something that's already been paid for namely episodes 4&5 as part of the season pass. This seems to be a common theme and I would love to known what the makers are not correcting the issue. I feel personally you shouldn't release the game until all the software is in place minus any glitches. To expect a youngster to have to wait around for the content is unfair. Telltale please do your research. Look after your customers. And hurry up and sort the issues with episodes 4&5. I am not going to purchase at my cost an external storage device. Why should I? This was not part of the conditions when I bought the game. Please respond with solutions.

• I am only a volunteer moderator - not a Telltale staff member - but I should point out that Episode 5 is not released yet. Telltale released the disc when only Episodes 1 and 2 were out, and Telltale develops/releases episodes live.

For more information on when episodes release, you can consult our Episode waiting threads.

My daughter is a Xbox user. The story mode disc was bought as an xmas gift. Episodes 1-3'have been played. Episode 4 says available. We cann

• edited January 2016

The solution given to create a US account works for me. I'm still not happy that I needed to do this. The official response was that the store must have somehow received a disc for the wrong region and I should contact them.
    Perhaps this solution should be added to the FAQ as it seems to be happening in a few different locations.

• Glad that works for you! There seem to be a lot of different issues with different solutions. I hoped your solution would work for me, but I'm on a US account with a US "E-10" disc. One of these days we'll be able to play episodes 2-5!

The solution given to create a US account works for me. I'm still not happy that I needed to do this. The official response was that the sto

• edited January 2016

It occurred to me today that one of the remaining issues plaguing some users (particularly us PS4 users that can't get the game to acknowledge we're on the Playstation Network to download the episodes) that the problem may be a server timeout error.

I notice when I start the game it gives a "connecting to servers..." message, but it flashes by really fast right after a slightly longer "Checking for DLC" message. I have a satellite internet connection. It's fast, but not as fast as true broadband. I have no trouble connecting to the Playstation Network or downloading games from the Playstation Store, but it may be just slow enough that the check to the Telltale servers can't complete fast enough for them. It could have a connection time-out setting that is very fast, and thus never successfully connects to servers.

So for those of you still having my same problem, are you all on true broadband with quick connection speeds, or do you have some sort of slower connection as I do?

• Sorry, wrong place to post

I downloading Minecraft Story Mode on steam, its already "Season Pass", or i must pay again to download the remaining episode?

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

The Steam versions is a season pass and includes all 5 episodes.

Sorry, wrong place to post I downloading Minecraft Story Mode on steam, its already "Season Pass", or i must pay again to download the remaining episode?

• Thank you for responding. However I am referring to episode 4. I am looking for a solution on how to download episode 4 on Xbox 360 without having to pay again as we have bought the season pass disc. And without having to purchase at our cost an external storage device. Can I have a solution to the
    Is problem so my daughter can continue playing a game she loves.

I am only a volunteer moderator - not a Telltale staff member - but I should point out that Episode 5 is not released yet. Telltale released

• We have also tried the same and still cannot get it. Don't know about you but I am not prepared tour base external storage device then delete if game and reload. Seems like a lot of work on our part. Surely telltale can resolve the issue in house by patching and soon!

tequilatram posted: »

We have the xbox 360 season pass version, have followed all the telltale recommended steps and still cannot download episode 4 for free.

• Can someonepleasegive me an email address/telephone number for telltale customer support. They need a stern letter addressing what appears to be a lot of concerns over story mode. Whilst I appreciate they are downloaded live it should not mean that you have to remove then delete previous content to get episodes 4&5. I find this quite preposterous.

• edited January 2016

I've purchased the Minecraft Season Pass Disc for the PS3 back in october and have not been able to download and play any episodes other than episode 1.

I keep getting notifications about episodes being available but when I try to download them, it says they're "coming soon".
    Telltale's support page says that this issue has been resolved but it hasn't. If they bothered to check their support forum, specially this particular thread, they would see how many others across multiple platforms have this issue too and are posting about it daily.

Telltale, what is happening?

I, like many others, have tried everything to get this working. I've spent way too much time trying all the "fixes" suggested by Telltale and other users, but no luck. Come to think of it, some of the official "fixes" are pretty ridiculous. They should be verifying purchases and sending out download codes to their legit customers while they work on an actual fix. Not asking them to go buy flash storage devices and do some tinkering. What an unprofessional mess.

I've contacted Telltale's support and submitted a support ticket back in october when episode 2 came out and I've still gotten no response from Telltale. Not even when they posted their "official fixes". Makes no sense.

I bought this game for my little brother and as you can guess, he's not very happy about it.

We know you haven't got your crap together and you're probably too proud to admit but please don't leave your volunteer moderators in the dark.
    Please don't leave your customers in the dark. You exist because of us.

This discussion has been closed.