Life Is Strange - True Colors Out Now, Bonus Episode "Wavelengths" September 30th

Comments

• Having fun? Enjoy the story and the gameplay.

Flog61 posted: »

What's the point of any game?

• I did care but I got bored of this game after the finale. The finale was really messed, it could have been better but the developers decided to end Max's story right now

I say it isn't pointless if you really care about Max and Chloe. If you don't care for them, then yeah it does feel pointless to play through

• And you didn't do that at all? From what you commented, didn't you say you got bored after the finale, not before?

AronDracula posted: »

Having fun? Enjoy the story and the gameplay.

• They shouldn't use timetravel again. I actually would've liked LiS more, If it didn't had this "Feature". They could've made a very literal And Personal story without that timetravel. Because that would give the Choices meaningfull impact. And LiS wouldn't feel like a "Butterfly Effect" ripp-Off.(i mean the Movie)

Soooooooo if a new character got Max's powers then you want the 2nd series? ok but if that happen would you want to be another highschool story or maybe a character who is older and more mature

• Ok you disliked the finale but there are still the other 4 episodes that make the game what it is...

I did care but I got bored of this game after the finale. The finale was really messed, it could have been better but the developers decided to end Max's story right now

• Yes and I didn't when the finale came out

armis37 posted: »

And you didn't do that at all? From what you commented, didn't you say you got bored after the finale, not before?

• Like @IronWoodLover said, there still are 4 episodes that, I assume, you enjoyed.

Yes and I didn't when the finale came out

• I did

Like @IronWoodLover said, there still are 4 episodes that, I assume, you enjoyed.

• So does one episode, that's, let's say, bad, make all the others you enjoyed worthless?

I did

• For me it wasn't the choices or endings, but that god awful dragged out dream sequence that ruined the finale for me. Up until then I had been invested in the story, but because they put that in there and the fact it went on for so long, it just took me right out of the game :( I'd of rather of seen Max and Chloe trying to make it to the lighthouse or them attempting to convince people to leave the town than what we got with that confusing dream.

Chris_93 posted: »

True every choice in the game ultimately don't matter. I don't know what to think about the ending(s) but I loved playing the game.

• I don't understand

So does one episode, that's, let's say, bad, make all the others you enjoyed worthless?

• In your original post you said that this game became "bad and overrated". In this comment chain, you told us that you enjoyed the other 4 episodes.

How can a game become basically worthless after one bad episode? You still got a lot of enjoyment from other 4 episodes, and I assume that you had feels of joy, sadness and all that throughout.

I don't understand

• In Life is Strange, you just listen and watch a story, there is no action or violence.

In your original post you said that this game became "bad and overrated". In this comment chain, you told us that you enjoyed the other 4 ep

• Firstly, I'm not sure how this relates to the discussion we were having.

Secondly, there isn't much action in TT games too. These kind of games are not created for the breathtaking action sequences or anything like that. They're story driven, and the story is what matters the most, atleast most of the time. As a matter of fact, I found that LiS had even more action, so to say, than recent TT titles. There was certainly more walking around, rewinding, puzzle doing and all that.

Thirdly, does a game need violence to be good now? Also, define how you want to see violence. In action, guns-blazing and blood-dripping? Because if not, LiS had quite a lot violence, be it physical or psychological violence. Think about all the abuse Kate had to go through, the whole Dark room stuff throughout the game, the part in Ep. 5 where you're being literally drugged and forced to pose for some sick pervert's photos.

In Life is Strange, you just listen and watch a story, there is no action or violence.

• What? Huh. I thought there was plenty of action throughout the game.

In Life is Strange, you just listen and watch a story, there is no action or violence.

• I don't get why the people didn't leave town, they must have seen the massive hurricane heading towards the town, what makes them think hiding in small houses and a diner will save them?

Lilacsbloom posted: »

For me it wasn't the choices or endings, but that god awful dragged out dream sequence that ruined the finale for me. Up until then I had be

• What I mean is you can't die in this game. You can't shoot a gun, you can't kill anyone directly etc. Just walking, talking and rewinding time

Chris_93 posted: »

What? Huh. I thought there was plenty of action throughout the game.

• Now, this is just cute, and sad.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/02653657832d5fb155269acc5fed5a84/tumblr_o0kq3er00o1rqbjg3o1_1280.png

• I think that's a little exaggerative.

DAISHI posted: »

It's terrible and basically ruins the game.

• But you think it's pointless full stop, so you think it's not fun to anyone?

Having fun? Enjoy the story and the gameplay.

• Not my problem if others like it or not.

Flog61 posted: »

But you think it's pointless full stop, so you think it's not fun to anyone?

• This. I liked LiS for it's literal Storytelling And the themes it uses (like bullying And such.) But since the bully theme got Pretty much thrown away After EP. 2, the Storytelling was the Last thing, that interested me. But Then Dontnod decided to turn into a David Cage And put a Dreamsequence in it, wich was Handled badly. First they stole from P.T, Then they put us into the beginning of the Game (again!) And Then they turned LiS into a Stealth Game. These scenes Are the Complete opposite of LiS's Storytelling. It's a really downer for me. But At least EP. 1,3 And 4 Are still good.

Lilacsbloom posted: »

For me it wasn't the choices or endings, but that god awful dragged out dream sequence that ruined the finale for me. Up until then I had be

• edited January 2016

Well, I haven't updated this with the great news of awards/nominations and general news in a while. So let's just fucking do that.

1. Emma Blackery Did A Playthrough of Life Is Strange

2. Hannah Telle Did a Interview With Blackwell Podcast(That fan initiative doe)

3. Eurogamer Ranked Life Is Strange In Their Top 5 Games of 2015 (Out of fucking 50 games)

4. Push Square List Life Is Strange as Their #5 Game of The Year

5. Greg Miller Thought Life Is Strange Was Fantastic

6. Square Enix Is Hosting a Sweepstakes For a Life Is Strange Vinyl Record

7. A Mobile Media Kit Is In The Works (Reddit love)

8. Kotaku List Life Is Strange as One of The Best Games of 2015

9. People Starting Getting Chloe Price Tattoo (Does look cool)

10. DONTNOD and Square Enix Ship Pricefield

11. EGM Has Life Is Strange as #5 Game of The Year

12. Digital Spy Has Life Is Strange as Their Top Five Game of The Year

13. PCGamesN Has Life Is Strange as One of The Best Games of 2015

14. Life is Strange Polygon's #7 Game of the Year For 2015

15. Life Is Strange Is One of The Best Video Game Stories

Life Is Strange has won/nominated for a shit ton of awards. So I will just list some of them below for now.

The Following is just some of them.

Life Is Strange Wins Game Informer's Best Adventure Game of 2015

enter image description here

Source: Game Informer Best of 2015 Awards

Life Is Strange Wins Best Downloadable Game

Source: Best Downloadable Game

Life Is Strange Wins VGChartz Best Adventure Game of 2015

Source: Best Adventure Game

Life Is Strange Wins Game Revolution Best New IP

Source: Game Revolution Best of 2015

Life Is Strange Wins PlayStation Universe Best Musical Soundtrack

Source: PlayStation Universe Awards

• This is incredible. Thanks, @NotSoConcerned, for doing this :) LiS deserves every award it gets.

Well, I haven't updated this with the great news of awards/nominations and general news in a while. So let's just fucking do that. * Em

• Another song by Koethe. ^-^

https://youtu.be/5mYBnowe4OY

And recently found out it's been edited into the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. Calling it the TRUE ending.

• Thanks

I think it is fair to say I've become kinda obsessed with this game. I'm gonna do a post for just the nominations next along with any news.

This is incredible. Thanks, @NotSoConcerned, for doing this LiS deserves every award it gets.

• The "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending was too short compared to "Sacrifice Chloe" ending.

Another song by Koethe. ^-^ https://youtu.be/5mYBnowe4OY And recently found out it's been edited into the "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" ending. Calling it the TRUE ending.

• edited January 2016

Anyone else planning on picking up the limited edition of LiS on Jan 19th? I am souly for the art book designed to look like Max's journal and the directors commentary :)

• This needed way more sins.

GSSalvador posted: »

Just watched this: Everything wrong with LiS Really funny. Don't take it to seriously thou.

• I preordered it and its on its way already.

Crydog posted: »

Anyone else planning on picking up the limited edition of LiS on Jan 19th? I am souly for the art book designed to look like Max's journal and the directors commentary

• I pre-ordered it for the music and art book. And when it arrives, I'll be playing through the whole adventure once more.

Anyone else planning on picking up the limited edition of LiS on Jan 19th? I am souly for the art book designed to look like Max's journal and the directors commentary

• Anyone else planning on picking up the limited edition of LiS on Jan 19th?

Not me.

• I can't wait for mine to come.

• edited January 2016

Just a reminder, the limited edition of Life is Strange will be released this Tuesday. Which is 24 hours away.

http://56.media.tumblr.com/ec44959df8d9c859a3995b011e6434f1/tumblr_o0yrxgwoNt1v1pk3lo1_1280.jpg

And the music maker Koethe who made those songs inspired by the game is available in Spotify, iTunes and Google Play.announcement
    And also, there is one detail in episode 5 that I don't think has been mentioned, but I haven't realized it until recently. Depending if Victoria believed you're warning or didn't believe/did not warn Victoria.

• The part about the ending.

claps

Just going to leave this here. enter link description here

• Excited for Life Is Strange 2.

• This was actually funny while poking at the holes in the game aswell :)

• I find it funny how the comments recommending they do this usually have a reply that asks why.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.