Episode 5 Waiting Thread -Releasing March 29th across all platforms, Key art and screenshots on Blog

Comments

• Why didn't the sign picture writen on it"the next episode" change? It changed in everyone's device.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

Hopefully the game will end with all of the questions that are left answered.

I'm pretty sure it will.

Like with The Wolf Among Us and Tales from the Borderlands i feel that the chances of a season 2 of Minecraft Story Mode are fairly slim as Telltale didn't sign a multi year deal with those games like the did with The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, if they did want to make a second season it would require a new contract to make one which could take time to negotiate.

As Telltale are fairly busy for the foreseeable future and likely have other unannounced projects with other franchises i personally can't see a second season of Story Mode happening.

WalkerHH93 posted: »

Hopefully the game will end with all of the questions that are left answered. Dont want another game with cliffhanger and no season 2.

• Look at what i found on the steam database

Change #1806060
    Added depot EP5 Mac (450901) to the package
    Added depot EP5 PC (450900) to the package
    Changed changenumber – 1609143 › 1806060

Looks like it's in the game but hasn't been released

• How is everyone getting into the steam DB?

Cuwwa posted: »

Look at what i found on the steam database Change #1806060 Added depot EP5 Mac (450901) to the package Added depot EP5 PC (450900) to

• You just need to go onto the steamDB website, search for story mode then look under history and you'll find everything there.

How is everyone getting into the steam DB?

• Maybe they just wanted to tease a bit for xbox/phone/playstation

ReubenFan posted: »

Why didn't the sign picture writen on it"the next episode" change? It changed in everyone's device.

• Why didn't the sign picture writen on it"the next episode" change? It changed in everyone's device.

Me too, but like all said, its a glitch. Maybe the glitch just appear to PC and Console users

Cuwwa posted: »

You just need to go onto the steamDB website, search for story mode then look under history and you'll find everything there.

• OzzyUKOzzyUK Moderator

This is the link to Story Mode's page on the Steam database website https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/

The information on there isn't a clear indication what they might be doing to the game or when it might release but you can see that something is happening,

How is everyone getting into the steam DB?

• if there was goining to be a season 2 i don't think they would have had episode 5 of minecraft story mode they would have put it on season 2

OzzyUK posted: »

Hopefully the game will end with all of the questions that are left answered. I'm pretty sure it will. Like with The Wolf Among U

• I've just noticed it's activity said an hour ago.

This is the link to Story Mode's page on the Steam database website https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/ The information on there isn

• you can resummon the enderdragon read 1.9 update notes on minecraft launcher

SpirosKarv posted: »

The Ender is dead and I don't think he is going to be back (and I don't want him to be back :P).

• It has changed to Kevin indeed. Even the plot summary on the site changed since last time I checked.

Wikipedia is not a very reliable source, try looking elsewere for information. Anyone can edit the Wikipedia page so its not reliable. T

• edited March 2016

i clicked on a link and it brought me here https://steamdb.info/depot/450900/ what does it mean ep5

This is the link to Story Mode's page on the Steam database website https://steamdb.info/app/376870/history/ The information on there isn

• I don't have a problem...

Sean6150 posted: »

i clicked on a link and it brought me here https://steamdb.info/depot/450900/ what does it mean ep5

• edited March 2016

I understand how long it usually takes to release episodes.... believe me i waited through the dark days for TWAU ep2, GoT ep6, TFTB ep3, etc.... but for Minecraft it has been a lot different. They released 4 full length episodes in a span of what, 2 months? And now this single episode has taken longer than every other episode combined to release. All I am saying is that they were going to stick to a quick schedule due to the younger audience, this wait seems a little absurd.

Dude! They just had a holiday break with broke into January's time. Also writing an episode that will most likely Cannon Season 2, if there

• i figured it out

I don't have a problem...

• Yeah, I agree this long wait is really surprising for a kid's series and I was hoping they would have stuck to their earlier schedule...

I understand how long it usually takes to release episodes.... believe me i waited through the dark days for TWAU ep2, GoT ep6, TFTB ep3, et

• What is it?

i figured it out

• Can this finale have a trailer at least next week?

• I think you just told us one of the jocks of episode 5

JD1234550 posted: »

DA PUNS ARE REAL

• Its gone on way too long, I dont even really like this game but its daft how long between the last two episodes have been. I know people will jump to defend it but they really need to get a better schedule, theres a balance between good content and releasing in a reasonable timeframe. It shouldnt get to the point where I'm struggling to remember what happened.

AronDracula posted: »

Can this finale have a trailer at least next week?

• Blind SniperBlind Sniper Moderator
    edited March 2016

Recent signs point to them starting to focus on scheduling their episodes better. Yeah, it's odd for them to go back to a long release for Episode 5 of Minecraft, but episodes 1-4 were released quickly and Telltale has expressed interest in several recent interviews that they are wanting to put more of a focus on prioritizing punctual episode releases like they used to prior to Walking Dead: Season 1. They've so far committed to a monthly schedule for Walking Dead: Michonne, but Episode 2 is not rated yet so I'm not sure how they is coming along.

However, my point is that Telltale is capable of monthly releases for episodes of a Season as that was their standard for all of their games prior to Walking Dead - and yes, Telltale worked on multiple games before Walking Dead too (and with a much smaller staff size). After Season 1, they started to prioritize the idea of revising episodes due to player feedback over punctual releases.

I agree that long waiting periods aren't helping anybody and you make a good point about a balance existing between good content and a reasonable schedule, but it seems like those days are coming to a close if Telltale's recent efforts to go back to monthly releases for episodes bears any fruit.

Its gone on way too long, I dont even really like this game but its daft how long between the last two episodes have been. I know people wil

• Wow much pun!

I think you just told us one of the jocks of episode 5

• I agree. I'm sure we'll here something about it (a trailer hopefully) and with so much activity on the steam database I'm sure the release isn't far away...

Recent signs point to them starting to focus on scheduling their episodes better. Yeah, it's odd for them to go back to a long release for E

• Nothing just figuring out what steam db was

What is it?

• Ohh I see but yeah it's just database files

Nothing just figuring out what steam db was

• Same I Agree too! The trailer should be out on the 17th or even 25th aiming to when the game realease date is which is the 22nd or the 29th

Recent signs point to them starting to focus on scheduling their episodes better. Yeah, it's odd for them to go back to a long release for E

• What does that mean though what is a database file

Ohh I see but yeah it's just database files

• edited March 2016

@TMOBCraftMode means that telltale doesn't release on Fridays they release usually on Tuesdays.

Oops lol I meant the 25th I think? Thanks for the reminder

• In which days the trailers realease?

• Telltale needs to get their act together when it comes to episode releases. No matter how many teams you have working on a game, you are a company that has to have standards.

The standard could be giving actual updates on the game development so people know when to expect the next episodes of their games rather than having to check the forums and getting tweets. Especially when you have this website to provide the info, you should use it.

• Let's start a chant - March 15 for trailer!

• March 15 for trailer!

Rocked03 posted: »

Let's start a chant - March 15 for trailer!

• What's 'Red Brass Kitten'?

• MARCH 15th FOR TRAILER!!!!

• soo the trailer could come at 15th or 22th and the ep 5 at 22th or 29th

• march 15th for trailer!

Let's start a chant - March 15 for trailer!

• i don't know it said something about beta test?

What's 'Red Brass Kitten'?

• I agree and disagree. yes I believe that tell-tale should keep the community a bit more updated, but at the same time they have tons of other titles to work on. from mc:sm to michonne to any other title. and I would rather have a long wait and a stupendous episode rather that a week wait and an episode thats not worth sh!t playing.

but thats just my opinion. :)

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Telltale needs to get their act together when it comes to episode releases. No matter how many teams you have working on a game, you are a c

• The trailer might come 15th since the episode was stated that maybe come at march 29th (some people think. My opinion too)

soo the trailer could come at 15th or 22th and the ep 5 at 22th or 29th

Sign in to comment in this discussion.