Details that people might forget, don't notice or just don't know about The Walking Dead

Comments

• I guess it's because they don't want to spoil those who haven't read the comics, the TV fans in particular.

It makes me want to punch Telltale in the face. How is Siddiq on the boat if he is at Alexandria before Michonne and Pete arrive at land? Also, Oak and Berto were nowhere to be seen in the comics.

ShaneGrimes posted: »

Couple details In the comics, michonne is the captain of the ship. The boat is found by either Ezekials group or Ricks but regardless

• the problem is itd be impossible to not spoil the events that took place if you're actually following the comics...

I guess it's because they don't want to spoil those who haven't read the comics, the TV fans in particular. It makes me want to punch Tel

• Sam and Greg are Native Americans? Damn, didn't notice that.

"In Too Deep" is actually the first episode in which there are more named POC than named Caucasians. The only Caucasian-Americans are Ran

• emilybuckshotemilybuckshot Former Telltale Staff
    edited March 2016

Thanks for asking! So fun thing- we actually are following the comics. Matter of fact, we read them pretty specifically. (Please don't punch us in the face, we like our noses). In the comics, Michonne does go alone for awhile before finding Pete and his boat.
    On that topic, in the comics, Michonne is not the captain of the boat- Pete is, as he is in our series.
    And yes, Siddiq arrives at Alexandria before Michonne. The Hilltop and Alexandria actually know Pete before the events of The Walking Dead: Michonne- he's been sailing up and down the coast. Michonne doesn't talk about being part of Alexandria/ The Kingdom in the game because she isn't ready to confront her demons yet.
    Also, at some point during the timeline after the events of episode 1 of The Walking Dead: Michonne, Siddiq leaves The Companion and joins Alexandria.
    Thanks again for reading the comics so closely, and for being a fan! I hope the explanation helps :)

ShaneGrimes posted: »

the problem is itd be impossible to not spoil the events that took place if you're actually following the comics...

• I did not know that. When did Alexandria meet Pete? Was it before Rick's group came, or like right after All-Out War? Does he know the Saviors as well?

Also, might want ask like @TelltaleMike to get you a Telltale staff badge, kind of helpful.

• Oh, well that's interesting.

Another staff member, cool, glad to see you guys more active.

I'm already talking to Nate about it. I thought I had one... whooooooooops.

Anyway, hi!

As for Pete meeting Alexandria, I don't know.. The comics don't provide an exact timeline. Pete references the fact that he has sold fish to Alexandria before. When he arrives with Michonne, it is presumably the first time she's been there since she ran away, so either he was there before she ran away, (which could be either before or after All Out War), or after she ran, but before she started traveling with him.

I did not know that. When did Alexandria meet Pete? Was it before Rick's group came, or like right after All-Out War? Does he know the Saviors as well? Also, might want ask like @TelltaleMike to get you a Telltale staff badge, kind of helpful.

• Oh, thanks a lot for explanation!

And I'm sorry for saying I'd like to punch your faces. Way to make a first impression.

It's all good. "Fan rage" is an infectious disease that affects us all from time to time (even people who work in videogames!). We're cool.

But yeah, a number of staff members read these forums, but most don't post. I responded to you because I had a concrete answer.

It's not the first time I've seen a comment like that. It won't be the last.

Oh, thanks a lot for explanation! And I'm sorry for saying I'd like to punch your faces. Way to make a first impression.

• DeltinoDeltino Moderator
    edited March 2016

I know I'm not the first person to have found it out, but this dude that shows up in the preview for episode 2?

enter image description here

His name is John, from the looks of it. Furthermore, going off some of the sound files, it's apparently his house that they're in. Even furthermore, it's the same house that shows up in the intro sequence. So I'm guessing this house -- and most likely John as well -- play a fairly big role in episode 2

Also, I found one voice file from an unknown actor, which might possibly be from John. It's definitely not anyone's VA from episode 1, that's for sure.

I've found a few other interesting stuff in the sound files, but given that there's a possibility these might actually be files for episode 2, I'm gonna hold off posting anything more than the above

• 50 bucks he's British. Don't ask me why but my British senses are tingling. Is he British?

• edited March 2016

We already have Oak. Add another British character and the fandom will cry out that Telltale is 'pandering to the British masses' (sarcasm).

Lilacsbloom posted: »

50 bucks he's British. Don't ask me why but my British senses are tingling. Is he British?

Correction; everyone will get upset that there are now two British people in the US

We can't suspend our disbelief over something this ridiculous!

RichWalk23 posted: »

We already have Oak. Add another British character and the fandom will cry out that Telltale is 'pandering to the British masses' (sarcasm).

The voice line in particular definitely isn't British. But there's no way of knowing if that line actually belongs to him or not. I guess we'll see.

50 bucks he's British. Don't ask me why but my British senses are tingling. Is he British?

• You wasn't the only one.

• Give me a thousand gold so I can help me help you.

• Well, then the theory I put last saturday failed ;-;
    Do you know the name of the girl who appeared in the preview too?

• Here is a picture of John's house from the intro. By the looks of it, it has electricity!

As you can see, the house is in the background of the episode select screen, too, but it is very easy to miss if you aren't particularly looking for details.

• Plot twist, its Vernon

• Not seen this posted here so i'll add this.

In Long Road Ahead whilst investigating the missing supplies, outside the gate if you examine the motor inn sign Lee will either say "still the safest place for us" or "we've been here too long already" depending on the choice you chose at the start of the episode when Kenny asks you if you are staying or leaving the motor inn

• edited March 2016

Now that we are on the topic of determinant dialogue, I've got one too.

While Michonne is hallucinating inside Monroe's store room and creepily looking at a wall, Sam will either say "this is freaking me out. You're freaking me out right now!" or "do you need help? Is… is there something that I can do?" depending on how you have treated her throughout the episode.

Additionally, if you pick the dialogue choice "I'm so sorry!", Sam will reply "It's-- fine!" or "I… I know".

• Rashid is an Arabic name too, I'm happy that telltale included Arab characters for the first time and i'm even more happy to see many PoC in just one episode.

"In Too Deep" is actually the first episode in which there are more named POC than named Caucasians. The only Caucasian-Americans are Ran

• I was under the impression that it was an Arabic name, but it didn't cross my mind to look it up, so thanks for clarifying it!

I am happy to see POC too, although it worries me whether they are being realistic in comparison to the real-life demographics of Maryland and Virginia. Please don't take my comment as racist; I am not an American and I've personally never been to that area, either. I am the same guy who said that it was completely realistic to find a gay couple among 200+ people in Monroe.

Rashid is an Arabic name too, I'm happy that telltale included Arab characters for the first time and i'm even more happy to see many PoC in just one episode.

• Wonder what happens if you say nothing

dan290786 posted: »

Not seen this posted here so i'll add this. In Long Road Ahead whilst investigating the missing supplies, outside the gate if you examine

• It's not racist to want the demographics to be realistic.

I was under the impression that it was an Arabic name, but it didn't cross my mind to look it up, so thanks for clarifying it! I am happy

• He is dressed too nicely to not be an antagonist.

It's almost as if your choices matter and so characters treat you differently depending on what you've chosen... wink

Now that we are on the topic of determinant dialogue, I've got one too. While Michonne is hallucinating inside Monroe's store room and cr

• edited March 2016

4 years on and i'm still learning stuff about this game haha. I'll have to try a silent playthrough and see even more differences. I also only found out recently that you can talk to Katjaa in the barn in episode 2 if you get Andy to leave. I had no idea you could speak to her, bet there are still things i don't know about or dialogue i've not seen/heard. Telltale seriously put so much effort into everything in season 1

Flog61 posted: »

Wonder what happens if you say nothing

• edited March 2016

That is what it is!

Similar to what @dan290786 said, I think it's amazing how much time and effort you've all put on small, determinant details such as this one. It shows that the episodes were planned with enough anticipation, because you obviously have to get the voice actors to record lines before animating the models.

It's almost as if your choices matter and so characters treat you differently depending on what you've chosen... wink

• And Lee calls his own brother, zombie

• edited March 2016

@BetterToSleep

It was the smallest of things they added that made season 1 brilliant. Obviously we had the main choices that were listed at the end of each episode but a lot of normal dialogue during the game actually made it feel like what you chose mattered. If you lie to Vernon saying your group had medical supplies, later he will ask you for them and then realise you lied, or if you don't steal from the station wagon, Kenny in episode 4 will reflect back on this if Lee says we would have done the same as Vernon in stealing the boat. Danny St John remembering if Lee said someone else other than Lilly was the leader at the motor inn if he had said someone else before hand. There are many others i'd love to list someday but it was little things like this I loved and felt like it all mattered. Please Telltale, please follow the same path as season 1 again!

That is what it is! Similar to what @dan290786 said, I think it's amazing how much time and effort you've all put on small, determinant d

• I feel like the Michonne Miniseries has done a good job with this kind of variations so far. In the conversation with Norma, she talks angrily if you have been rude and uncooperative; however, if you have answered her questions, she says the same lines in a calm manner, and the facial expressions are different, too. That makes me think that Telltale is only improving.

dan290786 posted: »

@BetterToSleep It was the smallest of things they added that made season 1 brilliant. Obviously we had the main choices that were listed

• makes a change from season 2 :D

• edited March 2016

I haven't played it but i'm glad to hear it. I have my fingers crossed for season 3. I hope we get a couple of characters who's relationship is good or bad completely dependent on our choices

I feel like the Michonne Miniseries has done a good job with this kind of variations so far. In the conversation with Norma, she talks angri

• edited March 2016

In AMC's The Walking Dead Michonne points to Macon on a map of Georgia as she plans her hunt for The Governor.

A reference to Season 1 of Telltales TWD Game.

In addition.

At the end of "Alone" (S4 EP13), Glenn points to Terminus on a map. A black star covers the area, based on the position of other Georgia counties, Terminus is located in or near Macon.

• According to Behind The Name, Rashid means "rightly guided". This leads me to believe that Telltale might've chosen this name on purpose, meaning that Rashid and Vanessa made it to wherever it is that they went after leaving the Mobjack ferry.

• You can do this kind of thing with every single fictional character's name ever though. You can always somehow make it fit.

According to Behind The Name, Rashid means "rightly guided". This leads me to believe that Telltale might've chosen this name on purpose, meaning that Rashid and Vanessa made it to wherever it is that they went after leaving the Mobjack ferry.

• But Telltale has a history of doing that. Omid, for example, is Persian for hope. When Omid died, hope was dead, setting the tone for the Episode/Season.

Flog61 posted: »

You can do this kind of thing with every single fictional character's name ever though. You can always somehow make it fit.

• edited March 2016

Have you heard of the name Monroe before Michonne even came out? If you watch the show, at the beginning of TWD Season 6 Episode 5, you'll see Deanna looking a sign on a wall which reads "P. Monroe" or something like that.

• Monroe is her and her family's surname.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.