Cryocoffin: An interactive sci-fi and fantasy fiction.

Comments

• [Save Slayer] We dont know either of them very well so I just go with my gut feeling and choose this.

Btw, I have submitted a character, hope you like him.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Fusion Part 3 Wolfius’ eyes cracked open and the Cryogamer lid flipped open. It was then that he realized he was no longer Wolfius, he wa

• [Save Slayer]

Fusion Part 3 Wolfius’ eyes cracked open and the Cryogamer lid flipped open. It was then that he realized he was no longer Wolfius, he wa

• The voting is closed!

Winning choice: [Save Slayer]

Next part release date: Hopefully next week.

Reasoning for the part not being done as soon as I would like it to is because one of my family members died today and it's almost the 2 year anniversary of one of my old Xbox friend's death.

• Sorry for your loss. :(

I understand the need for a break. Take as much time as you need.

The voting is closed! Winning choice: [Save Slayer] Next part release date: Hopefully next week. Reasoning for the part not being d

• Take your time. My condolences.

The voting is closed! Winning choice: [Save Slayer] Next part release date: Hopefully next week. Reasoning for the part not being d

• Going to resume writing on this now. Next part should be out by the weekend.

• Awesome! It's been a while.

Going to resume writing on this now. Next part should be out by the weekend.

• Glad to see you back.

• Welcome back :)

• Awesome! Welcome back!

• [Save Slayer] A hard choice but a team needs a leader and Slayer seems like a good choice long term ^-^

• enter image description here

• Sorry for the wait, the part is halfway finished though and should be released tomorrow.

Also I swear I've seen that anime character before, can't recall where from though.

• Honestly, I took it from google, never saw this anime ☺

Sorry for the wait, the part is halfway finished though and should be released tomorrow. Also I swear I've seen that anime character before, can't recall where from though.

• edited May 2016

• Glad this story is back. I hope your PC gets fixed soon because this part was great!

• Fusion Part 4

Slayer was surrounded by Nocturnals. They were all in the level 20 range, whilst he was within the veteran ranks. At full health, he could defeat the cyber terrorists without breaking a sweat. But now Slayer had only a beeping, red pixel of health left. As the longsword of one of the Nocturnals swung at him to finish him, he noticed that was gradually becoming slower and slower, as if he was being given a few seconds to think about his life choices. His childhood had been a bore; his school days had pretty much consisted of him drifting away in class, as if attempting to skip important pieces of dialogue that would help him in the future, he had only ever had a true life within video games, in which he was a badass fighting against other players. Never had Slayer- no Timothy, his true name had ever made any true accomplishments in life, any now he wouldn’t, as he would be slaughtered by some terrorist.

“Fuck” Timothy Parker breathed, accepting his fate although disappointed that this was how everything would end.

Suddenly, the blade that was flying towards him was smacked away by a huge shining greatsword. Slayer turned to see Wolfius, his greatsword in his hands. The Nocturnals charged at him, only for all of them to be promptly knocked unconscious by the hilt of Wolfius’ greatsword.

Slayer turned to Shinto and the remaining Nocturnal soldier, who simply grinned at him and stabbed Shinto through the shoulder, causing to cry out in pain. Slayer raised his staff to charge up a fire spell but both Shinto and the Nocturnal had suddenly teleported away within seconds.

“Shit” Slayer breathed.

He turned around to see Wolfius slowly walking towards the mysterious tall warrior Nocturnal, who only seemed to grin and laugh at him. Slayer noticed that Wolfius was now on low health. When Wolfius was finally facing his friend’s killer, he raised his greatsword to engage in battle with the murderer.

“You…will… pay” Wolfius grunted.

The giant of a man merely chuckled and unsheathed his own greatsword. Wolfius charged.

enter link description here

Wolfius suddenly felt a heavy weight in his chest. He could no longer attack. He could no longer move. He looked down to see the Nocturnal’s blade directly through his heart, blood oozing out of the wound. He then looked up at his health bar, which was now entirely depleted. The Nocturnal then opened up a menu and clicked on a button which revealed his true face.

It was Freddy.

“Y-you… f-fucking c-cun…” Casper Grimm spat out, before his eyes closed and he fell to the ground, dead.

• Whoa, what a return! I did not see this coming at all. Rest in Piece, Casper. To think that the guy we saw as our protagonist would die in the first few parts of the story, that is crazy and for some reason, I kinda liked this turn. Slayer is still alive, which is nice, though I am worried for Shinto, even if he is probably not dead yet. And damn, Freddy... we saw him dying and since he got shot in the head, there's no real doubt for it unless he somehow managed to be excluded from the rule that if you die in the game you die for real, so that makes me think what we saw wasn't the real Freddy. Though if he got resurrected, perhaps the same might happen for Casper, which I'd be fine with as well.

Fusion Part 4 Slayer was surrounded by Nocturnals. They were all in the level 20 range, whilst he was within the veteran ranks. At full h

• What? Wait... What? Casper? What? I did not see that coming at all. Man. Great part!

Fusion Part 4 Slayer was surrounded by Nocturnals. They were all in the level 20 range, whilst he was within the veteran ranks. At full h

• Casper's dead!? WHAT A TWIST! I think I like this turn though. It shows us that any character can die at any moment. Great return to the story!

• Maybe when you die the Nocturnals give you a chance to join them before it's for real? That could've been what happened to Freddy. Maybe the same will happen to Casper?

Whoa, what a return! I did not see this coming at all. Rest in Piece, Casper. To think that the guy we saw as our protagonist would die in t

• What just happened? I hope it's not the end of the story - it just started. :-(

• I just had a similar thought. That's certainly a possibility and it would make the Nocturnals even more dangerous, as I can't see many of the average players trapped in the game refusing such an offer. Another possibility would be that their avatars are taken over by the Nocturnals after their death and that it wasn't the real Freddy in this part, but merely a bot.

AgentZ46 posted: »

Maybe when you die the Nocturnals give you a chance to join them before it's for real? That could've been what happened to Freddy. Maybe the same will happen to Casper?

• What? Casper! This was a great part and a great twist! Cant wait for more :)

• The next part will be out by Monday and will explain why Casper is the protagonist. It shall also be the final part of the first chapter and give insight on who The Anonymous Man is in real life.

• enter image description here

The next part will be out by Monday and will explain why Casper is the protagonist. It shall also be the final part of the first chapter and give insight on who The Anonymous Man is in real life.

• Sorry I've been busy revising for exams.

• Fusion Part 5

Freddy turned to face Slayer, an evil grin stretching from ear to ear. He ripped his greatsword from Casper’s body, allowing it to crumple onto the floor and began slowly walking towards Slayers.

“Shit” he breathed.

Slayer channelled his highest damage-dealing spell and flung it at his attacker. It hit him at full speed, the words “critical hit” emerged from Freddy’s name tag. However, his health immediately shot back up to full.

“What the fuck?” Slayer cried.

Freddy let out a fiendish cackle and lifted his blade into the air to finish Slayer.

A few months before the events of Cryocoffin

Greg awoke from his slumber. The sun was shining, the birds were tweeting, and one of his father’s “friends” shrieked in pain as a wet, crunching noise could be heard from downstairs. Greg was used to this, being the son of a mafia crime lord and everything.

Greg could not be bothered to get up, but he was wide awake. He checked the time. 2 AM. It was time. He pulled his laptop from under his bed and opened it up, logging in to see his usual desktop background, which was a bloody, gory mess of an elk carcass. Greg had a tradition of putting whatever he had recently killed with his motorcycle as his desktop wallpaper. He examined his file folders, his favourites being “Schoolgirl” and “2 Guys 1 Crowbar”. Greg clicked on one of the desktop icons labelled “Red Room”. What popped up next was some sort of chatroom with a large black rectangle in the centre with a countdown on it.

Suddenly the screen flashed and inside the rectangle was what appeared to be a young woman, possibly around sixteen to twenty years old, tied up to a chair in the middle of an empty white room. A man wearing white robes with a white cowl concealing his facial features walked in. He looked into one corner of the room, presumably at a computer. Suddenly, the man spoke:

“Ah, Gregory, my favourite little helper” he chuckled in a deep, strangely melodic voice, as he turned to look towards the camera.

“P-please… just let me go” the young girl whimpered. “I’ll do anything”.

The robed man turned and placed one finger on her lips.

“Hush, little doll” the man whispered.

Greg’s eyes flickered towards the chat box, which now was filled with usernames such as “skullfukka457” and “childhooddestroyer33” piling up with “suggestions”.

“Use the ice-pick” skullfukka457 had typed.

“Chainsaw, definitely” childhooddestroyer33 typed.

“Flay her” Greg typed, under his own username.

“What a great idea” the man said. “Sit back and relax my viewers, as this room is about to get red”.

The man picked up a carving knife off-screen and returned to the young girl.

“No please!” she screamed.

Greg watched in amusement as the man began slicing away and the sounds of screaming and slashing filled the room.

A few minutes later, the robed man was done, and now blood has soaked and stained both his robes and the floor.

“Looks like the winner for today is Gregory once again” the man grinned.

Greg then hovered his cursor over to the “log out” button, which was right beneath his username: “TheAnonymousMan”.

“This is it” Slayer sighed, the blade of his opponent now swinging towards him.

Suddenly, a flash of light assaulted Slayer’s retinas, and Freddy was sent flying backwards. He looked up to see an elephant-sized black wolf looming over Freddy.

“What the-” Slayer gasped.

The Nocturnals charged forwards, hacking at the wolf’s ankles, barely making a dent in its health bar. The wolf growled and stomped several of them down, leaving a wet, red goo when it lifted its paw. The wolf let out a hellish roar, sounding more akin to a tiger than a wolf. More Nocturnals charged, and the wolf simply swatted them away like flies. One Nocturnal faced the beast head on. When the wolf opened its mouth, the Nocturnal shoved their sword into its gums, which the wolf responded with trapping the cyber-terrorists’ arms in its mighty jaw and devouring them whole. The Nocturnals except Freddy had all been killed.

Suddenly, the wolf’s character model began and glitching and lagging, and Slayer noticed that it was shrinking. Eventually, the wolf had devolved into… Casper Grimm.

“H-how?!” Slayer gasped.

Ignoring him, Casper marched over to Freddy, his blade drawn.

“N-no please! I surrender” Freddy cried.

[Kill Freddy and avenge Oscar]

[Take him hostage for interrogartion]

END OF CHAPTER 1

enter link description here

Next time on Cryocoffin

Darko: You have some sort of power, Wolfius. A power no one else in the game has.

-

Slayer: We need to get Shinto back, he has a family and is one of our most important players.

-

Sayuri: The Glitching Sea, that's where we are headed. It has some sort of power which could help the Nocturnals.

-

The Anonymous Man: This "Wolfius" is proving a problem, he needs to be dealt with.

• [Take him hostage for interrorgation] There's so much we don't know and we need to be better than them.

That was insane! They may take a while but I get more excited with every part.

That first part was pretty disturbing. I wonder if this 'Greg' will be a major antagonist.

Fusion Part 5 Freddy turned to face Slayer, an evil grin stretching from ear to ear. He ripped his greatsword from Casper’s body, allowin

• [Take him hostage for interrogation]

Looking forward to the next part! If we do take him hostage he might answer at least one question, namely what the hell is happening?!

Fusion Part 5 Freddy turned to face Slayer, an evil grin stretching from ear to ear. He ripped his greatsword from Casper’s body, allowin

• Amazing part! I am super excited to learn more about Casper's new powers. That sounds like something he usually shouldn't be able to do, so I wonder how he got them. And ugh, Greg is certainly messed up. Though I am surprised that the mighty Anonymous Man we met earlier is nothing but a psychopathic teenager, that twist is pretty cool.

[Take him hostage for interrogation]

I agree with what has been said. There are too many things yet unknown in this whole affair and killing Freddy now is not going to achieve anything. I'm all in favour of killing him later, once he has outlived his usefulness, but as long as he is still able to give answers, we shouldn't just kill him. He might be a piece of shit, but he still has his use. That said, they shouldn't keep him alive forever, as I'm sure he will find a way to pose a threat later, if he doesn't get dealt with. But killing him immediately feels like a waste.

• [Take him hostage for interrorgation] Knowledge is power... Or however that saying goes.

Greg... Well... Yeah. Okay, you do you. Just, uh, stay at least five universes away from me at all times.

Very good part !

• Late reply to the question, but I would say write as you wish, even though I prefer happy endings, dark moments can often improve on the whole story, just be careful not to overdo it. Consider also adding funny moments and scenes in contrast, like how so many anime series tend to do.

The voting is closed! Winning choice: [Leave him] Next part release date: Tomorrow Also I have a question: Where would you draw t

• Wow, I'm sure glad I didn't read anything before I wrote the characters in the messages to you. The story definitively would've influenced my char creation.

o.O

Fusion Part 1 Wolfius awoke to the sound of what seemed to be a medieval carriage. He examined his surroundings to discover that he was o

1. moments of everyday life in a messed up world, how people handle the situation they are in (Log Horizon and a bit SAO as examples)
    2. no opinion yet (being kept most of them secret as I believe is also going to be the case in my characters case is a good idea)
    3. hmm, not Wolfius, for some reason he doesn't resonate with me
    4. that could work, you do have that Children's MMO world (but my fairy could do that as well)
    5. YES
    6. I prefer multiple PoV a lot more
    7. For me he feels hollow, but perhaps only because I just began to read and his personality didn't have time to shine?
    8. no comment (this is really not something the author should worry about)
    9. Could you maybe implement a few background/character music videos? Like I did in my PMs? Would improve flavor I think
    10. Yes

I've added the character list. I've decided to keep the real names of most characters a secret, just like a real MMO. There are also charact

• Technomancer will be in real shit if you decide his hacking is really involved somehow causing this mess.

Fusion Part 2 When Wolfius awoke, he thought that he had been transported to some form of purgatory. He was in some sort of endless, whit

• Log Horizon situation?

It is possible for the users to have multiple avatars, although they are stuck in the one they used when the Nocturnals hacked in. What happened to the avatars that weren't used at the time will be revealed later in the story.

• Thinking outside the box I would've tried to run to Shinto to stab the nocturnal in the back and get him some weapon if needed, then turn around and rush to Slayer's aid

Sign in to comment in this discussion.