The Vent/Help Thread

Comments

• I got awesome imagery reading this comment for some reason.

Walked 4.3 miles in 92 degree weather on the shittiest train tracks just to be told by every place in town that I had to go home and create a resume if I wanted a chance at getting a job. Hello darkness my old friend

• I don't understand those classes you all seem to have in UK and USA. Here we have the same class of like 20 people for whole 4 years. (5 years in primary, 4 years in secondary & 4 years in high school). No changing.

Care to explain how do you magically pop into so many classes?

I just went through my first day and I have NO classes with ANY of my friends...

• Different teachers for different subjects.

MarijaaNo7 posted: »

I don't understand those classes you all seem to have in UK and USA. Here we have the same class of like 20 people for whole 4 years. (5 yea

• Here you're with the same class of people as well but certain subjects have you mixed in with other classes and separated according to your skill level in the said subject.

I don't understand those classes you all seem to have in UK and USA. Here we have the same class of like 20 people for whole 4 years. (5 yea

• And that's the whole thing behind it? It's not like we here don't have multiple teacher.. Huh.

TheFurryOne posted: »

Different teachers for different subjects.

• Wow, that's pretty cool I guess.

TIL I'm the nerd

Here you're with the same class of people as well but certain subjects have you mixed in with other classes and separated according to your skill level in the said subject.

• There's also different skill levels and students taking special classes.

And that's the whole thing behind it? It's not like we here don't have multiple teacher.. Huh.

• Fucking heatwaves.

• I probably had one of the shittiest days in my life after a shitty moving work after a shitty extra early journey to a neighbor nation, and after a shitty late night argument with people I spent the shitty day helping move stuff for, getting my back hurt like shit because of that, without one shitty thanks being said by any of them, and the shittiest part is that most are my shitty relatives.

Fuck this shit.
    That's all.

• All I can say is....shit bro.

But seriously I hope your day get's better man.

joriandrake posted: »

I probably had one of the shittiest days in my life after a shitty moving work after a shitty extra early journey to a neighbor nation, and

• edited August 2016

2 hours left of it

Lord_EAA posted: »

All I can say is....shit bro. But seriously I hope your day get's better man.

• Tomorrow will be better then.

joriandrake posted: »

2 hours left of it

• It's the same as you where I live too.

The only difference is that you don't have to move schools twice, and you spend fourteen years with the same twenty people in the same class. School is called just that—school. And you have to choose between specialized art and music. And teachers are the ones who walk around to the students' classes.

You don't have lockers, though. [insert sad violin track here]

• I just feel bad for Telltale, sucks too because I would've always liked to become a writer there but their recent stuff has been disappointing (and I love them to death) and this certainly doesn't help

• edited August 2016

I would like to be an artist for TTG in the future but while reading these reviews I'm getting a lot of second thoughts.

"If you tell them where you are going when you leave some of the higher ups will try to sabotage your egress.
    One of my testers had a death in the family, he was told "you can mourn after we get Walking Dead out". Seriously, I was given no end of flack about him asking for time off in the middle of crunch. "

Wow... And I also see a lot of reviews about how the TTG's tool is the worst.

HarjKS posted: »

I just feel bad for Telltale, sucks too because I would've always liked to become a writer there but their recent stuff has been disappointing (and I love them to death) and this certainly doesn't help

• But aren't you from Florida?

14 years? Woah, now that's hardcore, even we here change it a bit lol.

Pff, lockers are for losers who don't know the pain of bringing all books on yer shoulders. :) :)

It's the same as you where I live too. The only difference is that you don't have to move schools twice, and you spend fourteen years wit

• I don't usually put a lot of stock in Glassdoor reviews. No matter which company, most of them are posted by the angriest of employees, and you don't have the company's side of the story. You'll probably find bad things posted for any place you might consider working.

If there are any common themes, though, you can use them to figure out what to ask at your job interview. For example, "I've heard a lot of things about the Telltale Tool. Can you tell me more about that, and maybe give me a quick demo of how it works?" The interview is where you really decide if the company is a good match for you.

I would like to be an artist for TTG in the future but while reading these reviews I'm getting a lot of second thoughts. "If you tell the

• Caution is always warranted when dealing with Glassdoor, but a lot of Telltale's problems are standard for the video game industry.

Being some kind of developee is a dream job for many a nerd and it's really easy for the companies to exploit those people. Long hours and low salaries (often w/o overtime) are the norm and burnout tends to be severe. It's no big deal for the companies though because the workers have no real means of organizing and there's a steady stream of people chomping at the bit to replace them.

HarjKS posted: »

I just feel bad for Telltale, sucks too because I would've always liked to become a writer there but their recent stuff has been disappointing (and I love them to death) and this certainly doesn't help

• i need my adderall

• edited August 2016

I'm autistic, specifically I have Aspergers Syndrome.

And it is very painful, because when I'm around others, I'm often on the outside looking in. It's like they're all connecting with each other, and I end up getting ignored.

It's like they're speaking a language that I just can't speak. I can't understand emotional bonding really.

I can't understand social cues when they happen, or how to reply to them. And I can't understand how to relate to others, unless it's on an analytical level.

And when it comes to expressing myself, I have a hard time doing it, which often times gives others the sense that I am not being real with them.

And I can understand that that must be off-putting to them, but the thing is is that I don't know how to express how I'm feeling really, because I don't know how to express it.

And thus I end up feeling very frustrated with myself. Like what is so fucking hard about being able to express your emotions?

Even though I try my best to act in a good and charming way, people are just not drawn to me, and in the end I end up getting ditched by everyone.

Even on here, on this website, I'm largely ignored.

And in real life, nobody ever really approaches me, or even seems to care that I am there, or if I leave. And it hurts! It hurts that I cannot make genuine friends with others, or if I do, they eventually drift away.

And when people start talking to me about God, I get angry inside thinking: "If God really cared about me, then he wouldn't have allowed me to have been born like this. Or he would fix me. So you know what - FUCK GOD - I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT HIM!"

• edited August 2016

While I am not autistic, I've been in the lonely position often. Certainly it can suck when you got nobody to talk to. But if we complain about it forever, things will remain the same for you while the rest of the world moves on. That's why you gotta push yourself into it, blending in. Of course that's not always successful as everyone's different. Keep trying in finding people to communicate with, some people just don't click. Certainly there will be someone that will click to you. Sometimes you also gotta change how you approach to people. Often being casual with some small talk at first can help; if you bombard on people in a very talkative/invasive approach upon first meeting them, chances are they might feel a little uncomfortable. All I can say is: think how you're gonna approach that will be the most successful but don't expect everyone to click onto you.

Kenny/Lee posted: »

I'm autistic, specifically I have Aspergers Syndrome. And it is very painful, because when I'm around others, I'm often on the outside lo

• It's not about clicking with everyone. It's just about being able to understand the emotional overtones of inner-relating with others.

I almost feel like I don't fit in any way, shape, or form, into the world I was born into.

My dad is over 60, and he has the same problems I do. And I do NOT want to end up like him.

While I am not autistic, I've been in the lonely position often. Certainly it can suck when you got nobody to talk to. But if we complain ab

• edited August 2016

Being able to understand emotional overtones of other's bonds is just that, being able to relate to one another based on something both can relate to.

Let me to you a story. Picture it: September, 2013. My first day back in my extra year in high school. I returned to school for one semester just to kill some time to find a job. My first expectations were that I would see my friends in my classes. Only thing is, my best friend and others were either not at school anymore or they were but I was hardly able to see them due to scheduling. Every class I was in were stranger and/or students younger than me. I felt like I no longer belonged there, I felt I didn't fit. After the first week I left, I had all my credits so I stayed home and resumed looking for what to do. Moving onto January 2014, I had been lurking across this forum after discovering it when searching for details on S2's premiere. I watched, observed the chatter for nearly the whole month. I felt like comfortable. It felt like a really nice place. Ironic I know, but I think I was able to pay more attention to people better here. And so it was then I joined. Gradually I participated in discussions of interest that ended up getting to know others. And soon enough I felt like I belonged here and also gained a lot of good friends.

You see? Clicking onto people and fitting in are the same thing. Two birds in one stone. You want to fit in, you want to be with people you can relate to. All it takes is one small decision, and you may change your life forever by finding the thing you desired most. So keep on looking! : 3

It's not about clicking with everyone. It's just about being able to understand the emotional overtones of inner-relating with others. I

• Do you really have autism? Did a doctor tell you? Or you're just saying that because you took a test on the internet?

I'm autistic, specifically I have Aspergers Syndrome. And it is very painful, because when I'm around others, I'm often on the outside lo

• Important question. People misdiagnose themselves with Aspergers a lot. Hell, my parents thought I had it, but the tests said it was something else entirely.

papai46 posted: »

Do you really have autism? Did a doctor tell you? Or you're just saying that because you took a test on the internet?

• Stop trying to make people like you. Stop caring if people are happy when you walk in and disappointed when you walk about. Set goals that you want to meet because it's what you want to accomplish and don't let anything else impede you. That's how I've been rolling as of late, and it's been going ight.

"And when people start talking to me about God, I get angry inside thinking: "If God really cared about me, then he wouldn't have allowed me to have been born like this. Or he would fix me.""

Well you ain't wrong there! If god really did care (and existed) there are a lot of things he wouldn't allow to happen that are happening.

• I barely know anything about autism, but have you ever visited a professional? Talked to a therapist? Anything?

I think a lot of us (I first personally) want to be that kind of super popular person that everyone is drawn to, but you are taking it too far now. Your opinion of "good and charming" may not be the same as others'. Try asking people around yourself (relatives, neighbours etc etc) what they do like about you and what not.

And when people start talking to me about God, I get angry inside thinking

Inside? Thinking? Just tell people that you believe in no God/or whatever you believe. Generally, try opening up, I don't know man, try imagining as if today is the last day of your life and what would you want to do. You wouldn't probably feel scared of anything but death.

Try reading a bit of these : Social Skills, Autism post, Get Disciplined, Get Motivated. They're quite inspirational and interesting.

• I know this isn't anything serious to vent about, but I'm going to say it anyways. Disney World is stopping the Electrical Parade on October 9th. I was a little sad because it is my favorite parade. Good things can't stay forever I suppose. :,(

• edited August 2016

What do you mean? I'm sure a 5 question quiz can diagnose autism as well as a professional doctor, maybe even better.

Seriously though this is very important information, self diagnosing yourself is very dumb and is almost always wrong.

Do you really have autism? Did a doctor tell you? Or you're just saying that because you took a test on the internet?

• When you get angry so you punch the door and break your finger and make your knuckle swell 3 times the size :) :)

• I remember him asking this forum if we thought he was autistic before, I dont think he is autistic but I think he is depressed :(

• Why would you punch the door when you could punch a pillow? Or the wall? You could break the door.

When you get angry so you punch the door and break your finger and make your knuckle swell 3 times the size

• Well the wall is brick so fuck that, also the punch has to have a bang, the door felt good

Why would you punch the door when you could punch a pillow? Or the wall? You could break the door.

• enter image description here

As boxer myself when punch door it must break not you no excuses

When you get angry so you punch the door and break your finger and make your knuckle swell 3 times the size

• So PSN Plus is getting a meaningless price hike next month and that's a 20 dollar increase for Canadians. 70 dollars to pay for online multiplayer and occasionally good free games. I can buy a slightly discounted game with that price. Tobi is not a happy boy right now.

• Personally never buy pass I have no interest in online multiplayer I play games for Campaign the story and enjoy gameplay. Multi find boring and microtransaction jokes

Games on offer are junkpile I bought couple passes on ps3 version when actually gave good games not now tho

So PSN Plus is getting a meaningless price hike next month and that's a 20 dollar increase for Canadians. 70 dollars to pay for online multi

• I get that. I just have some friends online so it's why I got PSN plus in the first place. Plus I hate to make waste of Overwatch. I already committed to it so no turning back. Me and my brother puts our money together for it. Christmas money and our own money will make it a cake this/next year.

Only real gooddeal I got out of the free games was Yakuza 5 being free. Otherwise nothing much special are free as you said.

You still up for some GTA Online on the PS4? I remember we planned on playing together one time. I got some time this week past Tuesday.

Markd4547 posted: »

Personally never buy pass I have no interest in online multiplayer I play games for Campaign the story and enjoy gameplay. Multi find boring

• edited August 2016

You go on and on about how all of us should do our own dishes and put them in the dishwasher to help out Mom, but yet, while all of us do, you don't. You just leave them to soak in the sink and you don't do shit about it. And then you have the guts to tell us that it irks you when the dishes aren't washed? Seriously? You give us shit for not cleaning up after ourselves, but then you never do? Stop being a giant fucking hypocrite and either practice what you preach or don't fucking preach at all.

• This.

ralo229 posted: »

You go on and on about how all of us should do our own dishes and put them in the dishwasher to help out Mom, but yet, while all of us do, y

• Hey @JonDee013...I have some bad news about your brother.

Sign in to comment in this discussion.